Chart analysis / first time post

For the past few years I've learnt a bit about astrology and become very interested in it. I've looked at my birth chart before but when it comes to details such as planet positions and houses and how they compliment each other etc I don't really have a clue. It'd be great if someone could analyse my birth chart and tell me if there's anything particularly good or bad or interesting. Also, is there anything that could possibly indicate OCD? I suffer pretty badly. Thanks for whoever reads it! :smile:

chart?....
I'm very sorry, I forgot to attach the birth chart. It was the middle of the night when I posted this and I was very tired. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_3668.jpg
    IMG_3668.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 59

AtlanticPacific

Hey Fish,

Couple things stood out to me - you have a new moon on your day of birth in the 8th house, conjoined with Uranus in Aquarius which indicates to me that you seek to understand life and the truth on a pretty deep level, and especially when it comes to people and how they think/operate. I would say you're definitely an independent thinker (possibly blunt or frank at times and perhaps you come off a bit aloof?).

Also you have a bowl chart (as do I). Here's a useful link for more info on this: http://www.myastrologybook.com/Bowl-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm
But basically the Mars/Jup opposition is a major component of your chart (as is the Mars/Saturn opp as Sat is a singleton in Earth and both planets square your Sun/Moon). With Mars as the cutting planet (see above link for info on what that is) in Sag and ruler of your MC, you're probably a pretty driven person. It forms a nice trine to Venus in your 10th so that should be a nice help with career endeavors. My feeling on this chart is that whatever career path you choose or are on, it's going to involve working with groups to possibly impact society in some way or provides a service to others..I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say you're inclination is to go at things alone (and relationships might be tough for you), but you'll derive more success through partnering with others who are interested in the same goals/mission.

In terms of the OCD - firstly, very sorry to hear. I'm certainly not an expert on medical astrology, but I would hazard a guess that it's down to all the air in your chart.

Finally with that late of a degree ASC you may want to double check your birth time is accurate?

Hope something here helps!

Hey Fish,

Couple things stood out to me - you have a new moon on your day of birth in the 8th house, conjoined with Uranus in Aquarius which indicates to me that you seek to understand life and the truth on a pretty deep level, and especially when it comes to people and how they think/operate. I would say you're definitely an independent thinker (possibly blunt or frank at times and perhaps you come off a bit aloof?).

Also you have a bowl chart (as do I). Here's a useful link for more info on this: http://www.myastrologybook.com/Bowl-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm
But basically the Mars/Jup opposition is a major component of your chart (as is the Mars/Saturn opp as Sat is a singleton in Earth and both planets square your Sun/Moon). With Mars as the cutting planet (see above link for info on what that is) in Sag and ruler of your MC, you're probably a pretty driven person. It forms a nice trine to Venus in your 10th so that should be a nice help with career endeavors. My feeling on this chart is that whatever career path you choose or are on, it's going to involve working with groups to possibly impact society in some way or provides a service to others..I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say you're inclination is to go at things alone (and relationships might be tough for you), but you'll derive more success through partnering with others who are interested in the same goals/mission.

In terms of the OCD - firstly, very sorry to hear. I'm certainly not an expert on medical astrology, but I would hazard a guess that it's down to all the air in your chart.

Finally with that late of a degree ASC you may want to double check your birth time is accurate?

Hope something here helps!

Thanks! I have to say that a lot of that did resonate with me (esp in regards to being blunt, if I don't like something I make sure it's known :lol:). Also Ive been told that birth time is either 2:07, 9 or 11 but latter two would give me Leo ascendant and I don't really resonate with Leo ascendant that much. I would've thought Leo ascendant would be an outgoing exterior but I'm really shy.

AtlanticPacific

Thanks for confirming! It's always nice to hear. :smile:

Yeah, I definitely get the shyness from your chart - that's what I was thinking about when I asked if you come off as aloof to others (often shyness can be misinterpreted in that way).

In terms of whether you're a Leo ASC - which I think you might be - it doesn't necessarily mean you are gregarious. For instance, my mom has her Sun in Pisces also in the 8th house with a Leo ASC - same as you - and she's VERY shy. She has a hard time making friends because she has a hard time approaching people. She also is terrible at pursuing friendships once she does meet someone (i.e. she won't really follow up to get together etc.) - it's her Aquarius DESC - she figures if the person wants to hang out they'll contact her. Her friends are pretty much all people who've worked to befriend her and build the relationship. Now, with that all said, she's a very caring friend and once she's IN a friendship she'll reach out and is very nurturing, but overall is self contained and initially won't be the pursuer. So you really wouldn't think when you meet her for the first time, "Now THAT'S a Leo ASC!" On the other hand she's quite stubborn (*cough, Leo ASC!). :biggrin:

Thanks for confirming! It's always nice to hear. :smile:

Yeah, I definitely get the shyness from your chart - that's what I was thinking about when I asked if you come off as aloof to others (often shyness can be misinterpreted in that way).

In terms of whether you're a Leo ASC - which I think you might be - it doesn't necessarily mean you are gregarious. For instance, my mom has her Sun in Pisces also in the 8th house with a Leo ASC - same as you - and she's VERY shy. She has a hard time making friends because she has a hard time approaching people. She also is terrible at pursuing friendships once she does meet someone (i.e. she won't really follow up to get together etc.) - it's her Aquarius DESC - she figures if the person wants to hang out they'll contact her. Her friends are pretty much all people who've worked to befriend her and build the relationship. Now, with that all said, she's a very caring friend and once she's IN a friendship she'll reach out and is very nurturing, but overall is self contained and initially won't be the pursuer. So you really wouldn't think when you meet her for the first time, "Now THAT'S a Leo ASC!" On the other hand she's quite stubborn (*cough, Leo ASC!). :biggrin:

Haha, well now you've said that I actually might be a Leo ascendant then, cuz that's sounds exactly like me. I find it very hard to strike up conversations because of shyness and yet I love conversation and hate being alone, so it's really kind of conflicting. Also I am very stubborn, although I'd like to think that will improve with age. :biggrin:

AtlanticPacific

If you're interested, somewhere on the forum there's a discussion of determining exact birth time using solar arcs (I believe, or possibly another method). Also check out online descriptions for Aquari DESC and Capricorn DESC and see which resonates more with you when you think about how you are with friends and romantic partners. Good luck!

If you're interested, somewhere on the forum there's a discussion of determining exact birth time using solar arcs (I believe, or possibly another method). Also check out online descriptions for Aquari DESC and Capricorn DESC and see which resonates more with you when you think about how you are with friends and romantic partners. Good luck!

That sounds interesting, I'll have to remember to look it up later. Thanks! :wink::biggrin:

Sorry to dig up an old post but I have a further question. It's about Mars opposite Saturn. Apparently I have this alignment and apparently it indicates quite a nasty personality? Here's some excerpts from some sites: Mars/Saturn can suffer great rage that they don’t know what to do with….once aroused Mars/Saturn can fly into the most terrific rages. It’s as if all the expressed hurts, angers and irritations get saved up.” "It is very easy for Mars/Saturn to pick on a scapegoat to whom they can dump all their hangups onto. On the other hand, the native can put up with abuse for a very, very long time before they defend them self." I have to say that that is absolutely not true! Especially the latter. I am hot headed but I dislike fighting and always feel bad after an argument. When I do get angry I don't fly into a terrifying rage at all. Wonder if anyone could help. Maybe other placements cancel it out? A little concerned.

Rawiri

You have a much tighter opposition from Jupiter to Mars than you do Saturn.

Jupiter will smooth out those kind of things.

It's also an in-sign aspect...whereas Saturn is technically out of sign (and out of orb by most traditional astrologer definitions).

kshantaram

Premium Member
I'm very sorry, I forgot to attach the birth chart.

asc lords sun-moon over 8th, chronic health and prosperity issues.

leo first house, individualistic, brilliant, high self-pride, sensitive;

jup lord 9th for luck over 11th trine moon, sudden gains from elders, advisory roles;
jup aspecting own sag 5th protective of luck-edu-romance-children-position;

mars sag 5th, technical aptitudes, impulsive, irritable temperament;

past 2.5yrs sat transit mars-sag 5th opp jup, seeking change but stuck,
negating employment prospects; misjudgments-missed opportunties in 5/11 house
matters luck-edu-romance-children-position-income-gains-friendships;

inflammation of heart-stomach health issues probably;
mars inimical for leo asc, stress-delays in 5th house matters;

natal sat over taurus 10th inimical for cancer asc,
stress-delays in gains-friendships,
sat taurus stubborn, hotel management, food technology, etc;

jup now transit scorpio 4th for research-occult aptitudes,
and again jup-sat opp tending to missed judgments-missed opportunities
related to 4/11 house matters property etc;

inimical venus over 10th aries, stress-delays in career matters;

natal ketu separative south node over cap 6th,
prone to accidents, job separations;

ketu transit sun-moon 8th, prone to pain-injury-surgery coming 1.5yr;

rahu transit leo 2nd, tending to income from foreign sources;
natal rahu cancer 12th for foreign lands;

hope observations-insights help,
do share pointwise ground feedbacks, true-untrue-useful,
traits-temperaments-aptitudes, etc

wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
the question is not positive-negative sounding,

how true-untrue, any useful new insights, ideas/prospects etc,
how to encash positives, and overcome the negatives remaining prepared.

appreciate the prompt candid ack, wishing well,

kshantaram

wilsontc

Staff member
Keep it to astrology, to All

All,

Please keep discussions focused on astrology. People submit their interpretations if they wish to do so. The OP may or may not like the interpretations and may give feedback on the accuracy of the interpretations. Beyond that, further discussion simply becomes an argument. I have removed the posts that derailed the astrological discussion.

Back on topic,

Tim