Magic 8 ball technique

Olivia

Lot of Medicine:

asc + jupiter - sun (day formula)
asc+sun-jupiter (nocturnal formula)

dr. farr

Thank You Olivia :love:

The Diurnal Lot of Medicine falls at :leo: in the new chart :sideways: indicating a YES answer for the follow up treatment ?

Would this overrule the Dragons Tail being Posited in derived 6th :confused:

In my opinion the sign containing the Part of Medicine would be THE significator for this question, since the essence of the question concerns whether or not a medicinal treatment was effective: therefore I would take the place of the Part of Medicine (in Leo) to signify the quesited (rather than taking the derived 6th house) Since Leo = Sun, I would state that the 8 Ball method gives a "yes" asnwer to this question.

Sun Scor Moon Aqu Asc Vir

Thank You Dr Farr ...

As a General rule ? would it be appropriate to assign 7th house for any other person , then the derived house the question subject matter belongs in to determine the answer ?

I asked Is S besotted with D and assigned her 7th house ,I then chose derived 5th to determine her feelings for him where the DT is posited therein = NO Testimony ...

astro_2gw_194_is_shaz_besotted_with_d_hw494241461.gif

dr. farr

The 7th for all other "rule" was followed in early Arabic horary times (prior to the 13th century AD), and is expecially suggested by Al-Biruni (1058 AD) It was also the "rule" in general with the Ankara (Ottoman Astrlogy) horary tradition, which I mostly follow.
So for me, at least, the answer to your question about the 7th house is YES, that is (at least) the way I would proceed. Then you derive relevant signifying house from there: so in your posted example chart that is the way I would have selected the signifying house (Gemini) in testing the Magic 8 Ball's prediction in the matter.

EhTeam

Question:
Should I go to Las Vegas on Dates X-Z.

Result:

House 3
Libra
Venus (R)
Answer: yes/maybe?

or,

House 9
Aries
Mars
Answer: No.

I guess it depends on what you consider for travel when it is one state to another that is a 2 hour plane ride. It also doesn't go in to detail about Retrograde planets.

Last edited:

dr. farr

It would probably best be determined (which house) by the distance: say the original location were in the West, then it would be the 3rd house (short distance); say it were the East Coast, or the Southeast, for example, then it would be the 9th (long distance)

Yes, the condition of the lord of the sign on the signifying house is not taken into account in the 8 Ball method being tested here.

scorpioontherun

so, for statistics, I asked will I find love (as in a romance, with feelings that gives me pleasure and happiness) in the next three months?
I took the fifth house : sagi, jupiter = yes
I took the part of venus: 10 leo = yes

I'll let you know

For statistics sake, this prediction was CORRECT.
Ciao
Scorpio

EhTeam

Question:
Will I get accepted to grad school in 2012?

Gradschool2012.jpg

1. House signifying question: House 9

2. Sign on the cusp: Leo

3. What rules sign: Leo

~~~~
If Sun, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter is the planet ruling that sign, this = a "yes"

So, if I have the correct house, then it would mean, YES, I am getting accepted to grad school in 2012.

~Agree? Or is there another part I am missing, making no, or unable to answer.

dr. farr

Yes, you have the technique down pat:
1) determine the signifying house (primary quesited)
2) then see what sign is on that house, and make the judgement

However, in this specific case, we run into the question of house system format: you have used Placidus here-and there is nothing in the original Walis description of this technique about house systems (they actually used Alchabitius)-so theoretically any house system could be used with this divination method. But all of my experimentation with the 8 Ball has been exclusively with Whole Sign house format: so from experience with the 8 Ball, I can only testify to its results (so far) in Whole Sign house format. Therefore, relative to your specific chart posted here, the 9th house (whole sign house) is under Cancer, which = the Moon which = a "maybe" answer (and that's how I would delineate the 8 Ball here)
...but again I say that there is no house system given in the original Walis material, so if we accept Placidus, then your answer is correct (ie, Leo = Sun = yes)

I hope against hope this chart is correct due to the gravity of the question posed !

That said they have been correct 90% of the time in my experience to date.

The Query ... Has ***** Spouse Cancer been cured ?

I asked because chemotherapy was not completed because of the damage it had done to the Liver.

I chose the Arabic Lot of Cancer/Malignancy residing at :leo: 16/9 L :sun: = Yes !

Also he is assigned house 7 and derived 6th of health from him is :virgo: L :mercury: = Yes

I personally maintain intuition plays a huge role in Horary contrary to the general consensus.

Had I asked has the chemotherapy cured the Cancer ? (which I had contemplated) the :southnode: posited in :gemini: would have revealed a `NO`answer with the Lot-Of-Medicine residing there.

The :sun: is the most powerful `Affirmative` of all ...

GoodNewsforAl-1-1.gif

dr. farr

Well, you did the Magic 8 Ball technique perfectly.

If there is any validity at all in the 8 Ball method, it is my sincere hope that in THIS specific question, its YES answer hold true! Best wishes to you and your spouse!

tikana

Question:
Will I get accepted to grad school in 2012?

Gradschool2012.jpg

1. House signifying question: House 9

2. Sign on the cusp: Leo

3. What rules sign: Leo

~~~~
If Sun, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter is the planet ruling that sign, this = a "yes"

So, if I have the correct house, then it would mean, YES, I am getting accepted to grad school in 2012.

~Agree? Or is there another part I am missing, making no, or unable to answer.

I disagree.. it is a No

because nothing aspects Sun ...... moon is separating .. mars *you conceiled the planet but it is not anywhere near your sun."
unless you applied recently it would mean yes. if you didnt apply it is a NO

T

dr. farr

EhTeam:

If using the Magic 8 Ball method (which is the topic of this thread) then, if we take the 9th house to indicate graduate school, then the Magic 8 Ball answer would be "maybe" (in whole sign 9th = Cancer = Moon = maybe)
but would be "yes" if we use Placidus (or other quadrant house system formats)-but, as I posted earlier, all of my experience with the 8 Ball has been in whole sign, so I myself would go with the "maybe" answer delivered by whole sign house format.

But remember that the 8 Ball is NOT horary!
A standard horary delineation, such as in the above posting, could well indicate a quite different answer. However, as I have stated, this thread is about the Magic 8 Ball divination method and its indications (and whether they turn out right or wrong), it is not about standard horary delineations...

Last edited:

Well, you did the Magic 8 Ball technique perfectly.

If there is any validity at all in the 8 Ball method, it is my sincere hope that in THIS specific question, its YES answer hold true! Best wishes to you and your spouse!

Initially prior to the diagnosis being confirmed I asked was the Tumour Malignant/Cancer ? applying the Arabic Lot of Cancer to that query also .. which yielded a YES answer .. and was correct very sadly.

I have faith in the Walis Magic 8 Ball divinatory method based solely upon my own personal experience in recent months....but would advise caution ?

Intuition I believe personally has a large role to play in any divinatory query by any means and will affect the outcome of the `Answer`.

IF there is any Merit in WM8B accuracy in this instance ? then the prospective NO answer re Chemotherapy curing the Cancer `MIGHT` have legitimacy in that the Surgeon was convinced he had removed ALL of the Tumour coupled with a significant margin .. this being 1st stage malignancy therefore had not metastasized so that the subsequent prophylactic chemotherapy prescribed was intended as a `take-no-prisoners` approach and therefore unnecessary in this instance possibly ?

dr. farr

IF there is any Merit in WM8B accuracy in this instance ? then the prospective NO answer re Chemotherapy curing the Cancer `MIGHT` have legitimacy in that the Surgeon was convinced he had removed ALL of the Tumour coupled with a significant margin .. this being 1st stage malignancy therefore had not metastasized so that the subsequent prophylactic chemotherapy prescribed was intended as a `take-no-prisoners` approach and therefore unnecessary in this instance possibly ?

Very good analysis!

dr. farr

dr.farr

Is there any significance for the numerical no.8 in the Magic 8 ball technique

Kannan

No. The term "MAGIC 8 BALL" is actually a disparaging term, it refers to the toy Magic 8 Ball sold in novelty stores, where you turn the 8 Ball over and an answer appears in a little window in the base of the toy. So when one says a "Magic 8 Ball" answer, one is referring to this type of mechanical, on demand "divination", which does not have the dignity of genuine divination methods.

I learned about this technique years ago but never tested it because it seemed just too simple to have any merit. Finally, here on AW I decided to test it out primarily against known outcome horary questions. I MYSELF gave it the name "Magic 8 Ball", because of its simplistic nature and its mechanical application-I gave it that derisive name because I thought it would quickly prove itself no more accurate than mere chance-in other words, I fully expected the method to be a failure.

To my shock, so far (over a year and 75 known outcome charts since I began testing) I have been quite wrong: the correct prediction (accuracy) rate is holding at 84% (12 incorrect predictions, 63 correct predictions)
I still have many more test cases for the 8 Ball method, before I am convinced, but I really do not doubt the method like I once did.

Anyway, that's how the Walis Method* got the name, "Magic 8 Ball"...

(*that was the name I first learned of it under, the Walis being an Arabic tribe or group renowned for their magical and divinatory prowess, back around the 11th century)