Will the relationship between this gentleman and I continue?

kstewart

Could someone please help me with this:

Question Posed at:
11/07/06 @9:57 CST, 95 W 25, 30 N 05

Question:

Will this relationship between the gentleman in question and I continue? Are he and I soulmates?

Background:
I have been dating this gentleman off and on since March 2005. There
have been many road blocks. The first was the difference of almost
11 years in our age, the second is that I have full time children;
the third was that I was coming out of a marriage and needed time to
heal. It feels to me as though we take one step forward and two
steps back. Is there a possibility that we will work out the things
that keep us apart, are we a good match for each other? We are
currently not seeing each other at my request as I found out that he
is looking for a woman with no full time children and I called it
off. Deep inside me I hope beyond hope that we are right for each
other and this is a superficial issue due to his children being so
far away and him not wanting to have them feel insecure about him
fathering other children when he is not there for them.

In this chart Ac 26Sag21' 40" Dc 26Gem21' 40" Would I be represented by Jupiter as well as Venus and He be represented by Mercury as well as Mars?

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg...EWMxot-u1110898701.20461.16098.gif&res=63&va=
Sorry I have not figured out how to insert the image.

Thank you,

Katherine

Last edited:

Draco

Katherine,

this question has been up for a number of days and has still been left unanswered, despite fulfilling all the necessary criteria as to what is expected when posting a question, and being so politely put, so it's time I had a go at this one.

This post is such a good example of how an inquiry should be submitted to these forums. The time, date and coordinates of the question have been provided, the question is clearly encapsulated into a simple sentence, and Katherine has provided all the necessary background information which may have a relevant bearing on the way in which the chart is interpreted.

The only thing lacking is Katherine's own take on the chart, which is desirable for the sake of the forum, but not fundamental, as everything that is required has been provided in order to proceed with interpretation. These reasons make this an excellent post.

In fact, as this is such a perfectly posed horary question, I think it might be a good idea to attach this post as a 'sticky' at the top of the 'Relationship Horary' section, as an example of how questions ought to be posted in order to avoid them being placed into the 'Recycle Bin'.

Katherine, here is your horary chart:

Remember that it is almost two weeks since you posed this question, so the interpretation following will apply to circumstances as they were at the time of the question, rather than reflect things as they are now.

As Sagittarius rises, your main significator is Jupiter, as a woman, you are shown by Venus, and your secondary significator is the Moon.

Your three significators, Jupiter, Luna and Venus, show your mind, your spirit and your body.

His main significator is Mercury, and as a man he is also the Sun.
Mercury shows us his mind, the Sun, his instincts.

Dealing first with the main significators, Jupiter and Mercury are both peregrine, so both of you wander without a steady footing in the situation, perhaps both being indecisive and feeling lost, and yet in a fixed water sign, you both remain emotionally and perhaps spiritually bonded to each other, despite mutually being aware of a lack of grounding in the relationship.

There is no reception of any sort between Jupiter and Mercury, and yet you find yourselves in the same zodiacal and mundane houses, suggesting that despite there being no natural inclination toward one and other, you are thrown together by circumstance, both astray in your respective worlds, and perhaps this is what attaches you to each other, an awareness of the others predicament, a mutual understanding of circumstance. This suggests to me that you are together, not because you are head over heels for one another, nor because you engage each other mentally particularly well, but because it will do, it is better than nothing and you have found your lives coinciding in the same place at the same time, so you may as well keep each other's company, and ebb along together.

Jupiter escapes from a square of Saturn detriment, illustrating the failed marriage that you moved away from.

For your significators as man and woman, I am concerned that Venus is in detriment, describing you as a 'damsel in distress', as a woman you do not find yourself in circumstances that suit your needs, and in trying to interpret this, I cannot help but think that your failed marriage has left you lacking confidence in your femininity or not valued as a woman, perhaps humiliated, or you may feel this way in general.

Looking at your animal, instinctual significator's, as woman and man, we see that the Sun closely combusts Venus, so you are awed and consumed by his very masculinity, you have a man in your life, and perhaps this is what is important to you in this relationship, and I would suspect that he does make you feel secure, valued as a woman, but considering what is going on with the main significators, is this really enough? You are described as bonding in a purely instinctive sense, but there is a lack of mental engagement. Consider also that Venus is in detriment, so you are vulnerable, and the Sun, so closely combusting Venus, is in the sign of her detriment, so it is almost as if this man is giving you back whatever part of your value as a woman that you feel that you have lost as a consequence of your failed marriage, but with the Sun in Venus' detriment, I am not sure this is in your best interests.

Venus and the Sun are only in reception by very minor dignities, so you aren't the most sexually compatible pair in the world, the mutual sexual inclination is slight, but none the less, the existing attraction between the two of you is taken advantage of to the full.

His main significator Mercury is in partile conjunction with Venus, his mind focused upon your body, your femininity, so there is strong sexual interest, shown both by this conjunction and the fact that the Sun so closely combust's Venus, his manhood consuming your womanhood, but also by the fact that all of these significators fall in his fifth house of sex and pleasure, not to mention that all this action is occuring in Scorpio, the sexual sign, and that powerful Mars is right upon his fifth house cusp, so I imagine he has a large sexual appetite.

The significator's fall in your eleventh house, also a house of pleasure, so although there is a mutual satisfaction that can be derived from each other, his is primarily instinctive and sexual, whereas you have more concern about the friendship and the benefit of company shared between the two of you, and it is so important for you to have a man in your life, and he happens to be fulfilling this role.

Let us consider what an incredibly powerful planet Mars is in this chart, for Mars is in strong dignities of it's own in Scorpio, and you asked this question at the time of a quintuple stellium in the same sign, so with Mars desposing of this stellium, containing both your main significators as a couple, and both instinctive significators as man and woman, Mars holds a very powerful sway over this horoscope and dominates the relationship.

As you are both so very interested in what Mars represents, then a look at which houses in the chart Mars rules will tell where your true priorities lie, and in the turned chart will tell us where his main interests are focused.

Mars ruling over your fourth, the place of endings, shows how this question was occasioned by the serious consideration as to whether you feel that this relationship is worth continuing or not. There is also great emphasis upon your home and family life, a great priority for you, but as Venus is detriment in Mars' sign, you may feel that your home life is in fact detrimental to your love life.

Mars rules over his fifth house, so he greatly prioritises sex and pleasure, but also his own children, which are as greatly important to him as is your home and family.

A look at the Moon, your spirit, we see that the Moon is peregrine like Jupiter your other significator, so you are lost and out of sorts at a soul level and the Moon has no prior aspects in Gemini, the sign ruled over by Mercury, your partner's main significator, so you have cut your ties with the past in spirit, even though in your mind, the break up of your marriage still prevails over your conciousness, as Jupiter your main significator still feels the effect of it's hard aspect with detrimented Saturn, and your soul's focus rests upon your current love interest. However, I observe that the Moon's next aspect will be sextile with that detrimented Saturn, lord of termination, and the same planet that represented the break up of your marriage in the past. So the fact that the Moon comes to an aspect with Saturn would seem to imply another break up, albeit a much easier one than was the marriage, as this aspect is a soft one.

Whether or not the two of you are soulmates, depends upon how you define a soulmate. If a soulmate is someone with whom we have karma to work out with, someone who we find ourselves travelling along a similar road in life, with whom we can relate to and understand circumstance, then yes you are, but if we define a soulmate as the absolute love of our lives, then no, he isn't.

All things considered, perhaps this relationship will not last, and if you are thinking of calling it a day, the perhaps this is best. I say this because there is not enough mutual reception to show inclination toward each other, all the significators occur in the sign that is detrimental to Venus, and the pair of you have much stronger family obligations to concentrate upon in other areas of your lives.

I hope that I did okay in the interpretation. Either way, I'd be grateful for your feedback.