50's career change...right path

CaprLibraSquared

Hello all
I am using this time to explore a new career path. I am currently working of a humanitarian organization. I've spent most of my working life in management/administration. It feels complete. I don't enjoy it. I took a coaching course two years ago that I quite liked and have been coaching as a volunteer for my current organization. I quite like it and it has me thinking exploring career counseling...HR type job. I don't have the motivation to go into business for myself as a coach and like the security of an organization. I am curious if career counseling looks like the right path. Of course,I don't have this background or skill set so need to start finding ways to build that. It is why I am touching base here. Am I even in the right path. Ready for some changes in 2021.

thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 9.49.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 9.49.26 PM.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 32

Cary2

Banned
I can't comment on the coaching or career counseling, but I will explore more of the chart. This will rely heavily on the accuracy of your birth information. If the accuracy is not good, my interpretation will be flawed.

Venus is square to your Asc/Mc midpoint, and Saturn is opposite the Mercury/Venus midpoint. You have creative or artistic or beauty-oriented features of your chart that may be fulfilling. You might consider a career that is more artistic or imaginative. I think you are quite creative.

The Uranus-Pluto conjunction trines the Ascendant and squares the Sun/Moon midpoint. This is very innovative. It may be very high-tech.

So, my advice is general. Try to explore the creative, artistic, imaginative, or beauty-oriented side of your personality. Also, consider innovation and high technology.

I must add, though I think you know this, that finding jobs after 50 is very difficult.

Osamenor

Staff member
Over the last few years, Pluto has been squaring your Sun. That's a time for death of the old and reinvention of the self. With your Sun at the nonegesimal (that's the point where your midheaven would be if it were exactly square to your AC, and functions much like a midheaven even if your actual midheaven is elsewhere), any square touching it is extra significant. Not only does it signal self reinvention, it's likely to play out in a very public or career-oriented way.

Saturn has also squared your Sun over this last year, and crossed your ascendant, too. Another suggestion of changing identity and wanting to take on more authority. At least, self authority.

That you want a career change is a logical outcome of those transits.

Are you currently working towards this career change? You say you don't have the skillset for coaching. Are you looking to acquire it?

Mars is the traditional ruler of your MC. The current Mars retrograde, taking place in your third house, suggests going back and redoing something to do with your career (MC). Changing to a career based on communication is very third house. So is taking the basic, perhaps previously skipped, steps to achieve it.

Mercury at your midheaven suggests that any career you have will be communicative. Right now, and for the next three weeks, we're in a Mercury retrograde period. That's another signal to seriously think over what you need to do to get yourself to where you need to be for this career change, if you're not there yet.

Scorpio and Neptune at your midheaven suggest something that goes deep, looks beneath the surface, and relies on empathy and intuition. Counseling fits that description. That it's at your own midheaven could be taken to mean career in another sense: making a career of helping others with their careers.

So yes, it works with your chart, and the current transits can help it happen. The energy right now isn't good for launching, with all these retrogrades, but it is good for preparing and redoing.

CaprLibraSquared

Somehow missed this response. I am taking courses in coaching and recently signed up for a nonviolent communication course - improving my empathy skills. I find I can be quite detached (Aq moon) from people and struggle with empathy sometimes. I do find this can be a strength in not getting caught up someone else's issues, but also weakness at creating connection. Working to find the balance.

Osamenor

Staff member
Somehow missed this response.
The timing of your response is exactly right! You started this topic at the beginning of the last Mercury retrograde, and now Mercury has just turned retrograde again. See the "return to skipped step" quality of Mercury retrograde in that?
I am taking courses in coaching and recently signed up for a nonviolent communication course - improving my empathy skills. I find I can be quite detached (Aq moon) from people and struggle with empathy sometimes. I do find this can be a strength in not getting caught up someone else's issues, but also weakness at creating connection. Working to find the balance.

How do the people you coach, or practice coaching with, respond to you? Do they feel you're connecting with them? Or not?

Just because you don't feel connected, doesn't always mean you aren't. The important clue is how well other people feel you're connecting.

And when you say empathy, do you mean the ability to feel what they feel, or the ability to respond with compassion? Those are different things. The feeling what the other person feels kind of empathy isn't necessary for connection. Responding with compassion is, but it's possible to do that regardless of what you're actually feeling--as long as it's not contempt or disgust at the other person, which it probably wouldn't be in this situation.

Having that detached Aquarius Moon and a very feeling, listening, empathetic, deep thinking Scorpio Mercury can give you both abilities. But what we actually feel usually relates the most to our Moon. You might feel disconnected when every other signal says the opposite.

CaprLibraSquared

The timing of your response is exactly right! You started this topic at the beginning of the last Mercury retrograde, and now Mercury has just turned retrograde again. See the "return to skipped step" quality of Mercury retrograde in that?

How do the people you coach, or practice coaching with, respond to you? Do they feel you're connecting with them? Or not?

Just because you don't feel connected, doesn't always mean you aren't. The important clue is how well other people feel you're connecting.

And when you say empathy, do you mean the ability to feel what they feel, or the ability to respond with compassion? Those are different things. The feeling what the other person feels kind of empathy isn't necessary for connection. Responding with compassion is, but it's possible to do that regardless of what you're actually feeling--as long as it's not contempt or disgust at the other person, which it probably wouldn't be in this situation.

Having that detached Aquarius Moon and a very feeling, listening, empathetic, deep thinking Scorpio Mercury can give you both abilities. But what we actually feel usually relates the most to our Moon. You might feel disconnected when every other signal says the opposite.
OH WOW! About the Mercure So interesting! I didn't see that. thanks for pointing that out.

This is interesting to me. When I am coaching someone the feedback I get is how easy it is to share and that they feel non-judged and completely comfortable opening to me.

Friendships - less so. I often feel the outsider - not included - not able to connect in the way many females do. Not emotional enough. Not compassionate enough. I cannot explain it well, but definitely am the less emotional one of my female friends and in the past have been criticized or told not very emotional or compassionate. I think I express it differently. I am good at being there or doing something or kind action, but struggle with the right words to say. In coaching that works as I am directing them back to themselves and don't have to be their emotional support.

Empathy: I mean being able to respond with compassion. Often I can blow by my own feelings as well as others. I can tend toward judgement.

Really interesting what you write about Scorpio Mercury and moon. Sometimes I do have a deep deep experience of something, but the feeling is expressed more flatline or I think comes across as not having compassion because I am not very expressive. Or sometimes I dismiss there is a feeling or judge someone feeling the way they are feeling and that is more about my upbringing and is what NVC is helping me with --connect to my feelings.
However, I am learning to honor my experience and not compare to those who can articulate their feelings or are more expressive than I am.