The Secret Code of Thelemic Essential Correspondences

Vallin

Those of you who have read the writings of Aleister Crowley, Muriel Hasbrouck, and Raven Kaldera on the correspondences between tarot and planetary essential dignities might appreciate this theory I've developed.

In Thelemic Astrology a planet's accidental dignity by house placement is virtually the same as its essential--or "face"--dignity by sign. For example, natal Jupiter in Gemini--"Shortened Force", or "Interference"--is fundamentally similar to natal Jupiter in the 3rd house.

The second part of this theory, leading logically from the first, is that the characteristics of the "signs" so familiar in pop astrology are derived from the houses to which they correspond. Thus, for example, the descriptive characteristics of 'Cancer' are derived from the meanings and implications of the IVth house.

aldebaran

I believe each house has a similarity with one sign, bearing strong ontologic resemblance - from 1 - 12, Aries to Pisces.

But how Signs and Houses (and then planets) connect with each other it's in my opinion one of the greatest "secrets" of astrology, due to it's complexity and difficulty to comprehend it well.

If we have, for example, I.C. in Aquarius, we would have "something similar to Cancer (emotions)" behaving in an Aquarius way... And another part of the persons' psychology behaving like Cancer. Quite a puzzle.

(I'm aware many astrology theories don't believe in resemblance between houses and signs, or not in that order, my opinion come from personal studies)

Senecar

The Thoth deck is loaded with astrological signs. So is the Sacred Spiral deck.

True. There are also many other decks with astrological symbols and correspondence on each cards.

I use them as a variant of Horary at times, and seems working well.