Mars in the 12th house and anger release

CaprLibraSquared

First, apologies if posts on this exist. My attempts at searching resulted in the web page closing. ?

I am exploring anger expression. I finally believe my therapist that I have repressed anger and I need to discharge it. This led me to my chart to learn more about how anger shows up for me and why I struggle with how to release it. I've been to a few somatic group therapy things and there are some in the group who excel at screaming their lungs out. Um not for me, It isn't going to happen. I done the screaming a tunnel or at the ocean and all it did was make throat hurt. I get that works for some,but not me. I would rather hit something, which I did (a punching bag), but it just made me feel silly and I started to laugh and that I bruised the **** out of my hand. I am no Million Dollar Baby. What did seem to work was extremely loud music and shaking and dancing. There was something cathartic about that, but hard to recreate unless I go clubbing and at 50 I have no desire to hit the after hour clubs in Amsterdam.

I have Mars in the 12 and it squares Uranus & Pluto.

I am curious what others do or seeking advice. :)

miquar

Hi. One thing that you can do with this fight for social/cultural change. Its quite likely that you've done this already in one way or another.

The 12th house placement suggests that your family background is highly relevant, but hopefully that has come up in therapy if necessary.

You might have to wait for the right transit to get a significant release/shift. As transiting bodies make semisquare and sesquiqudrate aspects to Mars, Uranus and Pluto, they also conjunct, square or oppose the midpoints made by these bodies, so it would be worth you looking at a 45 degree graphic ephemeris to see when the eight sensitive areas of your chart are triggered. These areas are also sensitive to synastry with others, of course.

The sign of Mars is also important. Presumably you have Mars in Gemini or Sagittarius. Either way there is a need to explore and discover. Do you feel free to do this, or does something hold you back?

Best wishes

Miquar

CaprLibraSquared

The sign of Mars is also important. Presumably you have Mars in Gemini or Sagittarius. Either way there is a need to explore and discover. Do you feel free to do this, or does something hold you back?

Hi
Thanks for your response.
I have Mars in Sagittarius. I think definitely I have had the freedom to explore. I've traveled since I was in my 20's and for the last five years have worked in the humanitarian field traveling all over. However, since working in the humanitarian field I've attracted a lot of negativity and aggression from people, I think this is linked to my own repressed anger.

miquar

Hi. So you've used the Mars configuration extensively, but something still isn't right inside? I think that because of how far you've come with this, therapy and general self-witnessing will be much more useful to you than astrology. Astrology can be good for flagging up blind-spots, but once these are seen astrology can become more of a distraction than a help.

What could be very useful, however, is astrodrama. This (ideally) doesn't involve any conceptualising - it's just about seeing how it feels to be a particular 'planet' , while communicating with others who are being other planets. It really is remarkable how astrodrama can sometimes induce leaps in self-awareness. If this isn't something you're familiar with, you just need two or three trusted friends and a set of sign glyphs and planetary glyphs. You lay out the twelve-sign zodiac and then put the planets against the signs to replicate your birth chart. As far as I can see, having done this a number of times over the years, there is no need to put the houses on, but the ascendant can be useful.

Best wishes

Miquar

Lin

Will you post your birth details - date, time, place?

Injustice, which you probably run into in your line of work, probably makes you more angry, because we really cannot do anything on our own. We can't fix injustice by ourselves.

Maybe it's time for you to change your routine of work for now.

I have anger issues which I have surpressed almost all my life. Things that have helped me thru time are: dancing, yoga, singing, listening to jazz, or even Rock and Classical....even Country....if I allow myself to be steeped in it.

But I do attack my own body (symbolically) with stomach issues and now, hives - from a particularly bad year of feeling helpless to change or fix the things happening now in my life (in my own environment.) I don't usually express it outwardly. I value being diplomatic but that is because I am 9th house. I don't express my anger because as a child my anger and sense of injustice in home &/or school was not met with approval, to say the least.

WRITING is a VERY good means of expression for the ''angry spirit''. Even if no one reads it.

Maybe creating a blog about what you get angry about - you may even find some comedy in there. Comedy is often anger turned inside out.

You can't change your natal chart positions. But be prepared by looking at the transits to see when the planets in question are being activated. Forewarned is forearmed.

Channeling your negative energy is, of course, the very best route. Besides the methods I suggest there are other ways of doing this.

A hint: keep the focus on yourself. When expressing anger say what you are feeling about the ''wrong'' that is done; try to stay away from pointing the finger at any particular person or group - which is really fruitless.

I happen to have Mars and Uranus square. I know what it is, I've accepted it, I recognize it when it rears it's head.
The Scream technique is for people who don't want to examine the contents of their characters or their psyche. In astrology we try to go further than ''letting off steam.''

LIN

Last edited:

CaprLibraSquared

"Will you post your birth details - date, time, place?"
October 13, 1967 SLC, UT 14:36. I live in Amsterdam now

"WRITING is a VERY good means of expression for the ''angry spirit''. Even if no one reads it."
I did this last week. Spilled it out and have to let go of the judgement as I thought I sounded like a petulant child, but it did feel good to write what I was pissed about.

"A hint: keep the focus on yourself. When expressing anger say what you are feeling about the ''wrong'' that is done; try to stay away from pointing the finger at any particular person or group - which is really fruitless."

Thank you. This is big for me, I know. I am angry at people. I wrote a letter to my mom and did try to stay focused on how her actions make me feel, make me angry. I grew up in a household anger was NOT allowed to be expressed so I find my exploration is messy and misdirected, but I do want to evolve/grow up. I do want to examine the contents of my psyche and my shadow side. I have encountered a lot of angry hostile people at work and I have no doubt this is reflecting my insides. I am just struggling bringing light to it! and, more importantly to stop directing anger toward myself. For me it is around food and self-care.

Thank you for your response!

Lin

So, 2:36 pm??
And where is SLC? I'm from NY and we're very ignorant of world geography (or at least I am, as the world's national boundaries have changed a lot thru the years.) I need the city and country. Also....are you male or female?

Is your job something you love or just something that seems you can't change for reasons of practicality? Have you thought of a move to a different company doing more or less the same thing? Have you thought of going to classes of some sort to make yourself more valuable in the workplace?

Have you thought about extending your time with activities that make you feel better?
Even an extra hour of bike riding or hiking or just watching favorite (or older) movies can sometimes give you a different perspective.

Have you ever seen the American Public Broadcasting special, "The Power of Myth"?
If not, check it out. See if you can get it free on the internet. You can buy the dvds and they are worth having, but you may or may not be as fascinated as many people are with that series (6 hours.)
This series changed the entire way I give readings to people. I was an epiphany.

LIN

Last edited: