Reflecting on Uranus in Aries. What lessons did you learn?

Abby83

I would like to know what ppl have taken away with them after Uranus transit Aries. What lessons did you learn?

I'll start. For me, a lot of it was to do with me being able to get from a to b without being trampled by a martian. It could be a male or female. It doesn't matter the sex. Anyone can be a martian.

I remember it started when I worked in the fitness industry. I had worked in this industry for years and I found the colleagues so lovely and fun to be around. I was the gym junkie, all into my health regimen and helping others do the same. Ppl loved me. Then Uranus entered Aries. Suddenly I had competition everywhere. At work, as a gym member, amongst friends - everywhere. Lots of sabotage to stop my progress - mostly from martian ppl. I realise now, that being good at something and moving forward with your goals is a huge threat to a martian. It gears up their competitive desire to beat you, win, and conquer. Most of all in the workplace. As a fitness instructor/personal trainer I found myself talented in the area. I managed to put all my knowledge to good use to be successful and i had a super fit body. When we had competitions with the other male trainers, i often won. This caused a lot of problems. But especially the martians. They're the ones who tried to make up stories to get me fired. I mean how dare I, a woman, beat them at this physical and authoritative stuff hey? I also quickly learnt that martian men can't handle accomplished women. It will always be like this no matter how many women want equality. That martian side must simply dominate and no one can get in the way.

So as a result of this I learnt a few things about how to deal with a Uranus in Aries transit. Especially if I have mars in Virgo, poorly aspected. I learnt I need to speak little, as in give little information and keep my life private and reserve only for those I trust. I learnt I must not show how proud or confident or accomplished I am around certain ppl unless I'm prepared to be bulldozed by the martian. I need to look away when they try to show how much better they are off if they try to bully me to lower my self esteem. I need to walk away if they are causing trouble and being inappropriate.

Basically, a martian is looking to win battles that often mostly exist inside their heads. They have to be winners and have to squash anyone they perceive as that. They won't settle for you winning or being better. It's them or else. Defeat is not an option in their brains. Nor is a draw or equality. They marry a submissive partner.
So for martians, this is a good transit for you. I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed your prominent position and fighting to get there.

What else gave ppl experienced.

Osamenor

Staff member
What aspects did Uranus make to your chart during its Aries transit? Which of your houses has that transit taken place in? Which of your houses does Mars rule? Which of your houses has its cusp in Aquarius?

Uranus in Aries wouldn't play out in such a martial/martian way for everyone. Only for people whose charts are set up for that.

For me, if there's an overarching theme of the Uranus in Aries years, I would say it's joining, as in joining groups. Starting in 2011, I joined several groups and started doing several new things. Just about everything that shapes my current daily life--goals, work, social activities--started between 2011 and 2016. I hadn't thought to link that to Uranus, and it is noteworthy that this time has also been when my early midlife transits hit--finishing with Uranus opposition at the end of its Aries transit.

Instead of being contentious or competitive, my group involvements all have the stamp of cooperation on them. I have, on a couple of occasions during that time, dealt with individuals who were troublemakers, but that was those individuals, not an overall theme. If anything, another emerging theme has been speak up and change things. If I speak up about something, the usual result is that other people say, "I'm glad you said that, because I was thinking the same thing." Getting the troublesome individuals out of the picture has also been the usual end result. (Did I mention that I have a tight but out of sign quincunx between Mars at 0 Gemini and Uranus at 29 Libra?)

When Uranus entered Aries, it squared my AC/DC. When it moved on from that, it opposed my natal Pluto. In the middle of Aries, it trined my moon and then my sun, and then entered my natal t-square of Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus, crossed my IC, and perfected opposition to natal Uranus twice (there will be two more exact oppositions when Uranus dances back over the cusp 6-12 months from now).

Mars rules my fourth and eleventh houses, second house cusp is in Aquarius. The Uranus in Aries transit took place in my third house until it reached my IC in late Aries.

It just now occurs to me that another theme of this time has been staying close to home. I haven't traveled much these last few years, in contrast to frequent moves and trips for most of the previous ten years. In October 2011, the relationship I had with a frequent traveler--which was a large part of the reason for my frequent travels--ended. By the end of 2015, with Saturn coming into orb of conjunction with my moon, I was ready to commit--to a job that wasn't necessarily temporary, and a course of study that would require me to stay put for at least three years--instead of thinking I absolutely had to leave myself the freedom to pick up and go anytime.

After all this joining and studying and doing various things, I'm in the throes of a career shift, on track to be doing something completely different from my past work history by the end of 2018/beginning of 2019.

Last edited:

Abby83

How fascinating that we both had different experiences. I must admit im jealous you and many other ppl didn't go through the hell I had to. Eg: with the in laws, I can tell their whole family are used to that hell and experienced it at some point in their lives. For me, that experience was during Uranus in aries. But not just with in laws. I notice you say that speaking up helped you get rid of troublesome ppl. Funny that, cos that's what I normally do in life, yet with Uranus in aries, anything I said was ignored and had no effect. Too many ppl supported the bully. It didn't matter who I told. I remember reporting incidents to the police or reporting the class bully to the director of school and they both didn't want to do anything. My words were ignored. They didn't care. So my fighting spirit had to go. It wasn't working.

As for mars. Mars rules my sixth and aries is 6th cusp. It's also my ascendant ruler. Mars is in virgo 11th house conjunct venus, square Uranus Jupiter moon in sag 1st house. Uranus is my 4th ruler. But it wasn't just family drama. First aspect it made was an opposition to my 11th ruler (friends). This just meant my friends were overwhelmed by the bully in laws and stayed away from it all. My friends were also competitive with me in regards to body image, sex, marriage, children. Uranus then trined those planets that rule the in laws, whilst opposing 10th ruler (my mum and authority and career public image). I also had mean ppl at work trying to ruin my successes. Teamwork wasn't even on the menu.

The thing is, pluto was also hammering those libra planets. And Neptune was in opposition to my venus and mars. Boy was I hammered in every way. I was wondering how Neptune and pluto in aries would effect me but im pretty sure ill have some other planets in better signs to give me some kind of support. Otherwise ill just have to go into hiding again. I don't want to fight especially if it doesn't go anywhere with ppl who are stubborn and see fighting as a bloodsport.

Last edited:

Abby83

I didn't see it as a big hassle, perhaps because it made some nice aspects to planets in Leo, Gemini, and Aquarius.

I think key words for this transit would be "personal liberation," or "I've gotta be me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLlCxK0pHY

I personally don't think there's much to learn when you have harmonious aspects. You don't get to see the difficult horrors of negatively aspects of Aries. But Uranus in Taurus might give you a challenge. I guess everyone has their own karma. Some have severe deadly debilitating challenges and others have barely any traumas at all.

Abby83

And we can't ignore the cardinal squares between the highly masculine martian signs Capricorn and Aries.

waybread

I personally don't think there's much to learn when you have harmonious aspects. You don't get to see the difficult horrors of negatively aspects of Aries. But Uranus in Taurus might give you a challenge. I guess everyone has their own karma. Some have severe deadly debilitating challenges and others have barely any traumas at all.

My chart is actually kind of a train wreck, with several oppositions. These are mostly in Leo-Aquarius, though; so transits through Libra, Sagittarius, Aries, or Gemini can sometimes ease some of those pressures.

A truism of modern astrology is that we feel the hard edge of a transit when we haven't gained any mastery over the core meanings of the involved planets. If we can do that, then the hard transits won't seem so hard.

I think that difficulties with heavy transits from the modern outer planets is that they all involve letting go of a status quo. They go about it in different ways.

It sounds like you had a rough time in your career when the Macho Boys showed up. Which makes me wonder, what is going on with your Mars? (Or what is going on with their Venus?) Sometimes men have issues with competent assertive women, because it threatens their sense of masculinity.

Abby83

My chart is actually kind of a train wreck, with several oppositions. These are mostly in Leo-Aquarius, though; so transits through Libra, Sagittarius, Aries, or Gemini can sometimes ease some of those pressures.

A truism of modern astrology is that we feel the hard edge of a transit when we haven't gained any mastery over the core meanings of the involved planets. If we can do that, then the hard transits won't seem so hard.

I think that difficulties with heavy transits from the modern outer planets is that they all involve letting go of a status quo. They go about it in different ways.

It sounds like you had a rough time in your career when the Macho Boys showed up. Which makes me wonder, what is going on with your Mars? (Or what is going on with their Venus?) Sometimes men have issues with competent assertive women, because it threatens their sense of masculinity.

That's good to hear.

As for martian boys, it was also martian women. Even though I believe in looking after the body and doing what you live, there were just too many martian ppl competing with me and then sabotaging me to get rid of me as the competition. Totally unnecessary but whatever makes them feel like some kind of winner. Now I have to work in private so I don't get bullied by these martians and also to protect my clients. It got so ridiculous my client said the other trainer was harassing him in the toilets telling him to leave me and train with him instead. So we had to leave. He was breaching duty of care but of course when the superiors don't do anything about it the only option is to hide.

Abby83

Well, or start your own business. That would be very consistent with an independent, break-away transit.

That's what I did haha. This coincides with the lessons I had to learn about narcissists and psychopaths during this transit. Becoming completely independent, self sufficient, and confident/sure of yourself is the psycho/narcs worst nightmare. Its a bit difficult for someone as social as a Libra, but still necessary.

Abby83

Another lesson - Laughter 'IS' the antidote to the pain and suffering and PTS that is caused from the evil.

TheLuminessence

Uranus in Aries transited my 10th house over my Sun. It began when I was in my last year of high school up through my first real job. Every career path I tried didn't work out and being so young, it was very difficult. I learned that I am not defined by my career/job. Since Uranus entered Taurus I have made better choices and have listened to my heart more as opposed to thinking too much with my head (Aries).

Abby83

Uranus in Aries transited my 10th house over my Sun. It began when I was in my last year of high school up through my first real job. Every career path I tried didn't work out and being so young, it was very difficult. I learned that I am not defined by my career/job. Since Uranus entered Taurus I have made better choices and have listened to my heart more as opposed to thinking too much with my head (Aries).

That's a great point about listening to your heart instead of thinking too much with your head. I must admit with Uranus in Aries, too much was on my mind and I thought my head was gonna explode. Uranus in Taurus is far more peaceful and down to earth.