Progressed Chart

sita

I'm just wondering what folks out there feel about progressed charts?
The information I am working with indicated that progressions are like a snapshot of where the person is NOW; how much they have grown in relationship to their birth chart. Has anyone found this to be true?

What's the deal with progressions?

Anyone want to discuss?

Sita

pwadm

Staff member
Hi Sita

This is a fascinating topic: progressions are really important.

As the starting point of the progressed planets is their natal positions and then they move around the zodiac little by little, as do the transiting planets after birth, the progressions represent the unfoldment of the natal chart, the dynamic expression in time of whatever is coded within it.
They represent the projection of the natal chart over time, and more than that.

What it's interesting is that this progressed chart isn't to be regarded separately from the natal chart, but as an annex to this one. Always treat it as a part of the natal chart, like a child to the parents. And as a child wouldn't do much without his parents' approvement, so it is with the progressed chart.

C Jayne

sita said:
I'm just wondering what folks out there feel about progressed charts?
The information I am working with indicated that progressions are like a snapshot of where the person is NOW; how much they have grown in relationship to their birth chart. Has anyone found this to be true?

What's the deal with progressions?

Anyone want to discuss?

Sita

Sita--

I've started a new thread on this topic here:

http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7762#7762

because I could see that yours was about to fall off onto page 2 of the listings, and I hoped mine might bring together both the people who visited AqMav's suggested thread and yours.

You'll find two progressions of my husband's chart at this link.

I'm a great believeer (as you know) of the Progressed charts, but I think they are particularly helpful when looking at a chart with a stellium. My own chart has planets scattered all around the circle, but my husband's are all in one little spot. Yet, he has events in his life, just like everybody else, so they must not all be coming to him because of transits. When you look at the progressions, it begins to make more sense.

-- C

Frisiangal

Hi,

I can't imagine looking at a chart without the use of progressions, although I always ask clients before hand if they wish to know of their placings.
I think of the natal chart positions as the cliché word 'tools' with which one is endowed to shape its life. But life won't progress if the tools remain unused. I compare the transits of planets to 'the push in a particular direction' that helps deal with the major progression coming up. A progression isn't something with a temporary effect, like a transit can be. Its goes much deeper and has an effect upon how one's further life progresses. E.g. A transit of Venus can mean an angle with the current temporary lover(r), revolving around one's expression of love as per Venus's position in the natal chart. It's treated as a speck of dust one can fluff off. It leaves no remaining mark. But if it's a progression from Venus, that love angle is going to become part of one's life experiences and have an effect on one's entire outlook upon love from then on, which is going to be compared to the what natal Venus means in the chart.

There are different sorts of progressions. I have never understood how primary directions work, but solar arc progressions and secondary progressed planets are the chapters that tell the unfolding story of one's personal book of life.

F.