Musical Houses

Stellium6th

I have seen brilliant musics with no third or fifth house planets. Nor Venus Neptune aspect. Professions and talents can't be seen so superficially

P.S. Midpoints are too underrated.

Kitchy

Banned
IRe: Musical Houses
"I have seen brilliant musics with no third or fifth house planets. Nor Venus Neptune aspect. Professions and talents can't be seen so superficially"

I think they can. It's called inspiration and creative force and is usually found in the 5th. I don't know where 3rd comes from except putting it out there with no concern for return. 10th house from there. It's ruling house, too.

I've seen too many 5th house folks live out their dreams over 50 years, in basements or on stage or in recordings. But I come from the opinion that a 'baby' a 'creation' can be in human or otherwise form - some part of ourselves that we stretch out into the world comfortably because we have no choice but to express who we are in ways that aren't just 1st house.

Pluto rules my 5th and Pluto is in my 2nd and in one of my past lives on earth - I somehow came into a world of musicians, actors and dancers. Inspiration is nothing if 5th house doesn't have the drive to show other's its new baby. To 5th house, a baby is considered anything that it made or created.

How many musicians out there with a Pluto 5th square Moon Asc do we know of? If any come to mind - please post.

Never confusing the business of music with the love of the art is the tell-tale sign.

Last edited:

david starling

The kind of music that REALLY "gets to you" would very likely involve the 1st House. With Whole-sign Houses, H1 is occupied by the Sign of the Asc. Then it would theoretically depend on whether the Sun, Moon, or any Planets are in that Sign, and the Asc. Sign's Element as to what sort of music you need to "satisfy your soul".
Some people apparently just aren't truly affected by music of any kind. If such types are in the Music Business, it will be all about image and money, and what they can get from people who fall for their act. But it won't ring true to those who really love the Music. Those of this type who aren't performers can sometimes be "posers" who use music to project an image to influence others, and to claim membership in the clique of their choice, which includes the attitude "my music is cooler/more real/higher-cultural/more sophisticated/etc. than your music". That's not Resonance, that's just Ego and insecurity.:cool:

Last edited:

david starling

Noraleader, you love THINKING ABOUT music. Very complex thinking. That Resonates for you. Amazing analysis. And c.t. kept right up with you! Impressive!
Music is a two-edged sword.

noraleader

Banned
if only i had stellium6th's brevity... :p

my adoration is encouraging consideration in others :biggrin: foolish really.

music is a tortoise balanced on the end of a loaf of french bread.

Stellium6th

@noraleader lol. Just speak your mind. Being liked or not being liked is not important. You will still be eaten by larvas anyway.

@Kitchy I didn't mean to put on doubt your reading about your children or anything else you have stated. I was talking in general about art and 5th house. I think it's waybread who says the chart doesn't speak as much as about the profession as the themes of that profession -which could be whatever. I agree with it.
And i'm sure 5th house is important for this concern but to love art in particular? I have listening to music since forever almost to 16 hours a day -not exaggerating. And my 5th house is empty nor i planned to be musician (I suck at it).

Just wanted to clarify^^

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Stellium - wasn't thinking that. I am just fairly convinced that 5th house is the house of music.

If you think about 5th house - stage, entertainment, movies, hot hook-ups, "bands" (11th house group - the plural /opposite to 5th house) music is always the necessary element. I think that's because the 'creation' of a song - the composition and arrangement - comes from 5th house influence.

Stellium6th

How would you consider it personally if it were empty as is sometimes in the chart of someone in the business of music? How does it play?

JUPITERASC

Stellium - wasn't thinking that.
I am just fairly convinced that 5th house is the house of music.

If you think about 5th house
- stage, entertainment, movies, hot hook-ups, "bands"
(11th house group - the plural /opposite to 5th house)
music is always the necessary element.
I think that's because the 'creation' of a song - the composition and arrangement - comes from 5th house influence
Realistically 5th house is indeed a creative house :smile:

Main Rulerships 5th House:
Children, pregnancy, pregnant women.
Love affairs, romance, lovemaking, sex, procreation and conception. If afflicted, promiscuity, sexual inhibition, immorality, overindulgence and scandals.
Pleasure, gifts and all pleasant things.
Items purchased for the purpose of pleasure and enjoyment.
The arts and muses.
Dancing, music, merriment.
Clothes, fineries and rich, luxurious things.
Horse-racing, betting on sport, lotteries and all forms of gambling and speculation.
Speculation on the stock market is often assigned here
but where the investment is based upon financial or business decisions the 2nd house has more relevance
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h5.html

5th House rules places associated with games and sport
such as sporting arenas, resorts, gymnasiums.
Also banquets, inns, pubs, taverns, theatres and plays, parks
all places of entertainment and enjoyment.
Parties and social occasions; feasts.
Matters associated with the leisure industry and those who work in the arts.
Diplomats, ambassadors and agents
- those who negotiate as an intermediary with the intention of finding agreement between others.
Hobbies and all things done for personal pleasure and enjoyment
HOUSES TEMPLES OF THE SKY by Deborah Houlding

JUPITERASC

How would you consider it personally if it were empty as is sometimes in the chart of someone in the business of music?
How does it play?
IF 5th House is empty
the location of 5th house ruler
by sign as well as by house

as well as
aspects from and to 5th house ruler by other natal planets
is how it plays
:smile:

david starling

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Clearly that simplistic generalisation is from a "quick fix" One-Size-Fits-All Cookbook Recipe School of unreliable astrology :smile:
the fact is each chart is a complete variable
5th house may or may not be empty of planets
5th house may be any one of twelve different signs
and so on and so forth

david starling

Noraleader, the only way anyone in this Community can (possibly) help is by reading your Chart. I already knew you were in pain; and I admit to deliberately attempting to "draw you out". You have a very high I.Q., which makes you feel isolated. Many here have very high E.Q.'s. I hope you can take advantage of that. It's your innate abilities that make you a target, along with your independent spirit. Everybody needs help, but some are in more pain than others. [Inadequately] You have my sympathy. If it's not help or sympathy you're after, and you want to explain your insight into the true nature of Music, you COULD start a Thread wherein that would be the purpose of the discussion. Maybe some Music 101 at first for those of us aren't up to speed with some of the more advanced concepts.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Ah, found this thread.

Wanted to post my Girlfriends chart as she is an Opera singer.

Something that stood out to me, in the musical sense, is Venus so close to the Ascendant and Taurus Jupiter/Mars on the 2nd/3rd house cusps.

Attachments

• oie_bcWVjd6nVvNe.jpg
    oie_bcWVjd6nVvNe.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 32

david starling

everything nora said!!!!

yes! @nora, i did the survey! and all I took in mind is what you're saying, contextualizing is the first thing when trying to understand WHY and HOW things work. I had some preconceptions before starting my survey, like I just thought I could have worked with Neptune, Mercury and the Moon... well the more I study this.. (it's such a layered work it takes time to find out ALL the patterns.. and I'm slow..) the more I see that there are factors that I didnt consider but they talk so clearly about the music "project" and about the destiny itself of these persons too.. such a strong Pluto (influence) and Saturn and Jupiter.. I wasn't excepting those actually, but if you think about it they have to be there lol, and all the things you said which I agree with for they are true, because I had to apply them to my work too!

ty<3
This is strange--Nora seemed to be against the entire idea of relating music to Astrology. She became aggressively insulting, and was eventually banned from the community. But she may be extremely intelligent, and it appears you've been able to interpret her remarks and use them in your study! What was it she said that made so much sense? Seemed like the genre idea didn't appeal to her at all!

Last edited:

david starling

Everything she/he said.. uh.
No wonder she was banned, Ive been threatened to get banned just for trying to defend my system of work against rude accusations or comments.
It's all okay, it's the internet, we have to lower the feely side of words right... it's never nice though when you're trying to make sense out of point in between people that make no effort to understand you.

All nora said was extremely correct... from what is music (communication, influence, technics) to who can play it (anyone with no exceptions, in theory..), to all the dynamics nora was referring to which are just the dynamics of the world processes.. I've found myself thinking the same things nora had written in here, while analyzing my charts.

The fact of distinguishing "music" from the music thread, which has to be strictly "astrological" is just laughable, nora explained pretty well why, that is, contextualization. Or you could as well compare the charts of plumbers with painters, for you have no idea of what differentiate them...

She became very rude, possibly because no one fully understood what she was saying. You're not rude, and I see no reason why you would be banned. On topic, since it could be said that music is first and foremost a medium for communication, what about the Third House and Mercury? Noticed anything along those lines? In Ancient-Greek religion, Hermes/(Mercury) was credited with inventing musical instruments.

david starling

Re: Back to astrology, to all

philistine.

how banal to see people intending to discern "musical houses" when refusing awareness of the nature of music.

it is the same as people who celebrate science and refusing consideration of epistemology. an absolutely pointless and egoist exercise in celebrating your own "powers of discernment" where nothing can be produced.

sincerely,
venus cazimi.

Moonris3, why is trying to correlate the Houses with musical ability and preferences a "pointless and egoist exercise....where nothing can be produced"? Doesn't make sense to me. The nature of music is vibratory and perception-altering. And, since the nature of the Universe is also vibratory, that makes music very powerful, whether you're getting paid for it or not.

Last edited:

david starling

I didn't want to admit it at the time, but I liked Nor-a-leader's last reply to me.

She's a sharp cookie, but it was always all about her. Not much of a teacher! If you think music is just about "fooling" people, as she opined, you're basically saying that music-lovers are fools. In which case, which Houses make us fools, and which Houses incline us to use music (or anything else) to fool others? :lol:

Last edited: