Client ... suddenly cold

hebetude

WILL I BE REPLACED?

I have a client. I do higher level marketing communications work for his small company and have been doing a good job except for one large task, the scope of which not only moves, but the required result changes. I expressed this and since then my principal contact has become distant.

UP until that point, the client had asked me to come on full time, but asking me to take on some administrative tasks which I would not do well at ... he is contemplating asking the incumbent to retire, and was hoping I'd take over her job while also performing what I am doing now.

My "intuition" is telling me I may have forfeited a continued relationship with this company due to speaking plainly about not wanting to do administrative work, in addition to expressing dismay at the changing scope and target of a project.

I see Part of Fortune in the 1st house which I take as a positive. I recognize that the moon has a few aspects many of which are good, many bad. And the 4th house is crowded, not clear what to think here.

Attachments

• will my client fire me.jpg
    will my client fire me.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

AstroCC

You are ruled by Venus. Your client is ruled by Mars.
Venus is on your IC in your 3rd which is good, however in tension with Uranus in your client's 1st. (Will use 'he, him' for client.)
Venus likes to work in harmonious surroundings and likes to feel comfortable with what it is doing.
Mars is in the 5th - so perhaps your client has many new ideas/projects he wants to accomplish and hearing "no" has made him take a step back.
Mars esp. in Aries likes to move forward and in Aries likes to initiate and move forward regardless. It deals with changes on an as need basis.
It does look like your client wants to 'change things up' and/or move in a completely new direction.
your 10th is ruled by the Moon which is where you feel emotionally-bound to this client. Your moon is in your 4th, and that is where the tension is being felt to Uranus in his first.
His second house of income is also ruled by Mars - so he really is go go go! in all areas. But, his 10th is ruled by Venus, so he is fair-minded in his business relationships. He is feeling restricted perhaps by what you have told him (Saturn - his 10th - your 2nd) which is where you may feel some restrictions on your income.
Your clients 'Career' house (is your 4th) is ruled by Saturn so restrictions are holding him back too - not always a bad thing for Mars-driven situations or impulses. Therefore, a lot of planets are packed there for him. Lots of changes/transformations/disruptions/communications are going on for your client. His day to day work environment is ruled by Mercury (communications) and Mercury is in his career house.
Your day-to-day work routine is ruled by Neptune and that is why you are feeling vague about what is about to happen.
You are stubborn about your values right now, but perhaps it is just fear speaking. You may learn and expand this part of your work 'personality' if you open up to your client and let them know that you are willing to 'learn' and help them but that eventually you would prefer your client to find someone else to perform the administrative duties while you take care of the important things. Jupiter is retrograde in your 9th and at the end of the month it will go direct, so perhaps at that point, you may feel differently about taking on NEW duties or learning experiences that help you keep this client.
Basically, the chart is ruled by the opposites of Harmony versus Action.
To answer your question, you may have a chance to keep your client if you are able to show that you are willing to add to your duties, however with him keeping in mind that they are not your forte. You do have Mars ruling your 8th (partnerships) - so I do see that you can put forth some 'Action' and see eye-to-eye with your Mars client.
I don't think you will be replaced but you will have to realize that there are a lot of changes and most likely, it will be your decision whether you want to keep this client or not.
Not sure if this helps.
What does your intuition tell you to do?

hebetude

My intuition tells me to step up where I can, be positive and helpful and encourage hiim to see that between the administrative incumbent and me he has a solid team that can handle all aspects of what he needs to have accomplished. thanks for the words.

IleneK

Premium Member
WILL I BE REPLACED?

I have a client. I do higher level marketing communications work for his small company and have been doing a good job except for one large task, the scope of which not only moves, but the required result changes. I expressed this and since then my principal contact has become distant.

UP until that point, the client had asked me to come on full time, but asking me to take on some administrative tasks which I would not do well at ... he is contemplating asking the incumbent to retire, and was hoping I'd take over her job while also performing what I am doing now.

My "intuition" is telling me I may have forfeited a continued relationship with this company due to speaking plainly about not wanting to do administrative work, in addition to expressing dismay at the changing scope and target of a project.

I see Part of Fortune in the 1st house which I take as a positive. I recognize that the moon has a few aspects many of which are good, many bad. And the 4th house is crowded, not clear what to think here.

I see you as Venus. And I see your client/employer as ruler of the 10th, Moon in Capricorn.

Venus exactly squares the cusp of the 1st, so we see where you may feel like you acted at odds to your interest by telling the truth. It looks like everything is clustering in the 4th house of our true inner feelings, of not out in the world but in and around the home. And your client is in poor shape, with the Moon in its fall and its last aspect being with its malefic ruler Saturn, which is also in the sign of Moon's detriment.
Moon also does not receive Venus well, with Venus being in the sign of Moon's fall, as well. Moon makes no aspect to Venus, having past its conjunction several degrees ago, suggesting that prospects for connection are not good.

So it looks to me your client may have had problems with what you said, but it appears that his/her going cold may have been from other problems the client may have separate from you. I am sorry for your difficulties because I believe you did the right thing by telling your client the truth. Please let us know how it goes.

Last edited: