somone suggested horary to me. Please helpppp.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary delineation and uses whole sign house format)

For the first chart (will he come back), it looks difficult: his significator Mars is posited in the 12th house of restrictions and grief; both your significator Venus and co-significator Moon flow away from Mars (his significator); both Mars (him) and Venus (you) are in pitted degrees (blocked from action)
...I would have to render a "no" answer to this specific question, immediately adding that this is NOT a forever thing, its time-limited to a set period, which I take in this chart as the distance by sign in the chart from you (Venus) to him (Mars), ie, 8 signs = 8 time units; since cardinals are on the angles, I'll take weeks as the time units, so, I would say there is a "no he will not return" answer here that will likely hold true for the next 8 weeks. We really can't ask a "ever" question (will he EVER return) with much confidence for reliability, but we can obtain indications for relative periods of time.

cella

Banned
(Following is not in accordance with standard horary delineation and uses whole sign house format)

For the first chart (will he come back), it looks difficult: his significator Mars is posited in the 12th house of restrictions and grief; both your significator Venus and co-significator Moon flow away from Mars (his significator); both Mars (him) and Venus (you) are in pitted degrees (blocked from action)
...I would have to render a "no" answer to this specific question, immediately adding that this is NOT a forever thing, its time-limited to a set period, which I take in this chart as the distance by sign in the chart from you (Venus) to him (Mars), ie, 8 signs = 8 time units; since cardinals are on the angles, I'll take weeks as the time units, so, I would say there is a "no he will not return" answer here that will likely hold true for the next 8 weeks. We really can't ask a "ever" question (will he EVER return) with much confidence for reliability, but we can obtain indications for relative periods of time.

Thank you Dr Farr! I am curious to know "his significator Mars is posited in the 12th house of restrictions and grief" means that he is restricting himself to contact me and is grieved because he took a decision to part or grieved by some other emotional turbulence?

dr. farr

Could be both! Certainly at the present time, relative to you, he is blocked from taking action (Mars in pitted degree); and is likely in a difficult situation in life (his significator is posited in HIS 6th house, which can be a difficult house)

cella

Banned
Could be both! Certainly at the present time, relative to you, he is blocked from taking action (Mars in pitted degree); and is likely in a difficult situation in life (his significator is posited in HIS 6th house, which can be a difficult house)

Oh! I feel bad for him. Thanks for replying!

cella

Banned
Its more than 8 weeks now, he hasn't come back

dr. farr

Right, the chart estimate relative to 8 weeks (no return during that time) I think has been fulfilled; in my opinion, IF you are still motivated to do so, I believe you could ask another "when" question, or a "return within x period of time" question, regarding this matter: however, your motivation to ask such a question must NOT be mere curiosity, otherwise the answer will not be reliable.

cella

Banned
Right, the chart estimate relative to 8 weeks (no return during that time) I think has been fulfilled; in my opinion, IF you are still motivated to do so, I believe you could ask another "when" question, or a "return within x period of time" question, regarding this matter: however, your motivation to ask such a question must NOT be mere curiosity, otherwise the answer will not be reliable.

Nah! This is what I want and still feel it as strongly as 8 weeks back so i'll ask the question again.

Thank you!

cella

Banned
If I ask " how will he respond if i write a letter to him?" or "will writing a letter make his return possible?; would these be valid horary questions? Can I get an answer for these?

dr. farr

If I ask " how will he respond if i write a letter to him?" or "will writing a letter make his return possible?; would these be valid horary questions? Can I get an answer for these?

In my opinion, yes (at least I will try to answer them:smile:) But-decide what you want to know MOST (of these 2 questions) and ask that one.

cella

Banned
In my opinion, yes (at least I will try to answer them:smile:) But-decide what you want to know MOST (of these 2 questions) and ask that one.

Dr. Farr,

Sorry for troubling you but when I thought about the two questions I realised what I am really trying to know is "what should I do/the best course of action to make him come back?" instead of just sitting and waiting around like I have been doing till now.

Can that be answered by horary? Can I make a chart for that?

dr. farr

In my opinion, yes you can: it would be an advice-request horary question

(Note: many practitioners believe that advice cannot be asked for in horary; the pre-Bonatti horary pioneers did not agree with this attitude, nor is it found in Vedic horary-prasna-either; the Ankara horary tradition I {mostly} follow, allows for advice-request questions)

cella

Banned
I'll go with that then.

Is "what should I do to make him come back" the right way to phrase it?

Also, since the time I asked you about this was the first time the question occurred to mind, should I use that time and place to cast a chart?

or I should meditate first and then ask the question?

dr. farr

1) yes that would be the way to phrase the question

2) use the time and place for when the question occured to your mind for the first time.

cella

Banned
Here's the chart for "What I should do to make him come back?"

astro_2gw_17_anonymous_hr2462651799.gif

I think its and early ascendant case, should I ask at a later time? :(

I want to be very cautious and can't afford to take any wrong step.

Thanks for your patience and help!

dr. farr

Notice that you (Mars) retrograde back toward him (Venus) and he flows toward you: shows that the subject matter of the question IS possible, although no applying aspects between the significators indicates it will not be easy to accomplish.

Analysis regarding "what to do" will be forthcoming.

cella

Banned
Notice that you (Mars) retrograde back toward him (Venus) and he flows toward you: shows that the subject matter of the question IS possible, although no applying aspects between the significators indicates it will not be easy to accomplish.

Analysis regarding "what to do" will be forthcoming.

Thank you! I know this isn't easy. He is not an easy guy and almost impossible to convince him against something that he has decided. And, I think its good only, after observing myself I have realized that never value things that I have gotten easily.

I am excited and waiting for "what to do" :)

cella

Banned
Why am I Mars and he is venus in this case? If there are no aspects wouldn't it mean that nothing will happen?

I am hoping that advice-horary works differently from the relationship horary so the above isn't true here.

dr. farr

You are Mars because you have the first whole sign house, under Scorpio; he is Venus because he has the 7th whole sign house under Taurus.
In Ankara horary, we look at 2 elements: first and foremost, if one signoficator flows (moves) toward the other significator; then, if they are in applying aspect. Best is when one flows toward the other AND there is a + applying aspect; However, as long as there is a flow toward, it counts as a + testimony: in the chart there is a double + regarding this "flow" matter:
1) he (Venus) flows toward you (Mars)
...and
2) you (Mars) flow toward him (Venus) by retrograde motion

Traditional/standard horary does not take the flowing toward (or away from) one significator by the other, in making horary delineations (only aspects are counted)
The Ankara (Ottoman astrology) method I learned, does; so to do certain approaches to prasna (Vedic horary)

Regarding advice-request questions, yes they are looked at differently than yes/no type questions; I shall attempt to determine the "advice" from the above chart.