Emphasized 8th house=SEX? pls take a look.

Antonia

Hello,
Yesterday I had a question about the possibility of me having passionate sexual relationship with a guy I find myself attracted to. I asked a question related primarily to sex only, not a " would we have a long-term relationship, will we ever get married ,etc".
I was alarmed to see how may planets ended up in the 8th house-house of death AND sex ( oh, and I am a Scorpio too)! He is not free, which might explain some of this ( I know, bad!). But still... I looked at the usual 1st house ruler-Myself-Mercury; 7th house ruler- him-Jupiter ( this even fits our physical descriptions); Sun, Moon - our co-rulers. Mercury conjunct Jupiter, Sun aspects both rulers, all four planets are in the 8th house.So, is it a yes? Really would like to have an opinion of people who are more experienced than me.Thanks a bunch!

Philadelphia, PA 42 United States 04/05/2011 15:57 - Julian day 2455657.37
Adjust 5.00 ST 4.52 Lat 39.57 Long 75.10

[FONT=&quot]Zodiac in Degrees[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Placidus[/FONT]

Sun in Aries 15.44​
I AscendantVirgo16.20
Moon in Taurus 10.35​
II Libra11.20
Mercury in Aries 22.23 R​
III Scorpio11.01
Venus in Pisces 11.32​
IV Sagittarius14.14
Mars in Aries 2.52​
V Capricorn17.58
Jupiter in Aries16.17​
VI Aquarius19.04
Saturn in Libra13.43 R​
VII Pisces 16.20
Uranus in Aries 1.25​
VIII Aries11.20
Neptune in Pisces 0.04​
IX Taurus11.01
Pluto in Capricorn 7.36​
MidheavenGemini14.14
Lilith in Aries 1.29​
XI Cancer17.58
Asc node in Sagittarius26.27​
XII Leo19.04

[FONT=&quot]Aspects[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The following table shows the planetary aspects in your natal chart. Short interpretations are found below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Sun[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Conjunction[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Mercury[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.39[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]313[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Sun[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Conjunction[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Jupiter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0.33[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]737[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Sun[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Opposition[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Saturn[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.00[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]-368[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Sun[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Sextile[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Midheaven[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.30[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]163[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Moon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Sextile[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Venus[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0.57[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]412[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Moon[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Trine[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pluto[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.59[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]82[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Moon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Trine[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Ascendant[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.46[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]33[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Mercury[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Conjunction[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Jupiter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.06[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]203[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Mercury[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Opposition[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Saturn[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8.40[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]-12[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Venus[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Sextile[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pluto[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.56[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]3[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Venus[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Opposition[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Ascendant[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.48[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]-85[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Venus[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Square[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Midheaven[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.42[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]-50[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Mars[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Conjunction[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Uranus[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.27[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]462[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Mars[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Square[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pluto[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.44[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]-22[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Jupiter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Opposition[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Saturn[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.34[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]-167[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Jupiter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Sextile[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Midheaven[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.03[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]49[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Saturn[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Trine[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Midheaven[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0.31[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]49[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]2506[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-704[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]1802

[/FONT]
Planets in the houses
star.gif
[FONT=&quot]Sun, Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Lilith in 8th house
[/FONT]​

Attachments

• daisy13.png
    daisy13.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Olivia

In traditional astrology, including horary, the 8th house is the house of death, loss, grief, great fear, anguish of mind, surgery, poisons, and on the sort-of upside - other people's resources and legacies.

It's got nothing to do with sex. That's the province of the 5th house.

You might want to take another look at your chart based on that knowledge and see how it looks.

Antonia

Hmmm, I don't know, I am not feeling any anguish- but maybe he does. I read that 8th house is also associated with some very intense and unusual sexual experiences ( while 5th is associated with more fun-like, recreational sex), which makes sense to me.Also, extra-marital affairs- which is applicable here as well.

When it comes to aspects, Mercury conj Jupiter is still there, which tells me the answer to the question should be positive. Would you agree? What else in this horary would either support or contradict this conclusion?

Last edited:

Olivia

The eighth house is not about sex. As to the rest of your chart, I think if you post it in a more readable format - try astro.com's default web style - you'll get more comments!

If a significator were in 8, as you said, it might indicate someone who's married, and terrified their spouse will find out about their affair - but again, that's about their fear of discovery - the sex only comes into it tangentially.

BobZemco

I was alarmed to see how may planets ended up in the 8th house-house of death AND sex

The 8th House is about child-birth, sexually transmitted diseases, sexual dysfunctions, the genitalia and reproductive organs. It has nothing to do with sex.

But still... I looked at the usual 1st house ruler-Myself-Mercury

Yes, and you missed 100% of it. Mercury is Retrograde, Peregrine and Combust [deleted personal comment - Moderator]

Moon - our co-rulers.

Moon is your co-Significator, not co-ruler, and not his co-ruler or co-Significator.

Moon exalted in Taurus in the 10th House is equally descriptive: [deleted personal comment - Moderator]

Mercury conjunct Jupiter

By Mutual Application (in a Violent Sign no less, but it's also a Bestial Sign). Mercury will also conjunct Mars by Mutual Application.

Sun aspects both rulers

No, Sun has separated from Jupiter by more than 6' of arc and Jupiter is Cazimi, so that implies false hope.

Hmmm, I don't know, I am not feeling any anguish- but maybe he does. I read that 8th house is also associated with some very intense and unusual sexual experiences ( while 5th is associated with more fun-like, recreational sex), which makes sense to me.

That is modern astrology psychobabble, this is traditional Horary astrology. They don't work together.

When it comes to aspects, Mercury conj Jupiter is still there, which tells me the answer to the question should be positive. Would you agree? What else in this horary would either support or contradict this conclusion?

No Reception. Jupiter does not receive Mercury, and Mercury does not receive Jupiter. They are Planetary Friends, but that does not equate to Reception. Conjunctions are not necessarily positive, and this one happens to be more or less neutral.

I would also point out that the Moon is Void of Course, and that an Ascendant of 1° is early.

With Jupiter Cazimi and received by the Sun by Exaltation, Triplicity and Face, I would say Jupiter is very powerful here and at least has a modicum of morality and ethics [deleted personal comment - Moderator]. He will probably take the moral high road.

Last edited by a moderator:

misskitty

^^ouch^^

However, I have to agree with Bob. The guy is taken. He is not yours. That's why the conjunction is happening in the very unfortunate 8th house (which only means negative things including despair). It wouldn't end well for ANYONE and can only cause great damage.

Last edited:

Antonia

Ascendant of 1 degree? Moon void of course, on April 5th/2011@ 3: 57 pm??

I guess the post did resonate with some very personal issues of yours- something that you should resolve in order to be able to give an impartial and professional advice, if that is your goal. This is MY situation, and only I know who in reality is "strong", and who is "weak".
In this specific case, I know that things will develop in the way "I" want them to develop- if I say "No" it will be a "No", and vice versa. I am attracted, he pursues- I will make the choice. Your eloquent preaching is uncalled for-neither does it impress me, nor does it hurt my feelings.

You are unprofessional and wrong, but you were not pursuing a goal of attempting to give an accurate interpretation in the first place, so I am not surprised in the least.
Do not even bother replying, your reply is way too predictable. Clearly, I will not be asking for an advice on this forum again- when it comes to astrology, I am interested in facts, not belligerence and emotionally charged moral platitudes.

misskitty

If you are so confident that things will turn out the way you want then why even bother to ask a horary? Sorry, doesn't make sense. This chart is extremely negative for you. The Moon is about to sextile her (Venus). She is in his 1st house, in his sign. Hopefully he will do the correct thing. He is Cazimi, so that is a good sign that he will. You (Mercury) are simply burnt up and combust. Sorry.

Last edited:

tikana

well Moon is not void cause it is applying to Venus

Ascendant of 1 degree? Moon void of course, on April 5th/2011@ 3: 57 pm??

I guess the post did resonate with some very personal issues of yours- something that you should resolve in order to be able to give an impartial and professional advice, if that is your goal. This is MY situation, and only I know who in reality is "strong", and who is "weak".
In this specific case, I know that things will develop in the way "I" want them to develop- if I say "No" it will be a "No", and vice versa. I am attracted, he pursues- I will make the choice. Your eloquent preaching is uncalled for-neither does it impress me, nor does it hurt my feelings.

You are unprofessional and wrong, but you were not pursuing a goal of attempting to give an accurate interpretation in the first place, so I am not surprised in the least.
Do not even bother replying, your reply is way too predictable. Clearly, I will not be asking for an advice on this forum again- when it comes to astrology, I am interested in facts, not belligerence and emotionally charged moral platitudes.

Neptune Rising

It certainly is a packed 8th house!:surprised: And a very descriptive chart with Venus sitting there, very comfortably in his house (7th house).

Mercury in Venus' detriment, Mercury doesn't much like Venus though its in Venus' face, aware of Venus.

Mercury heading towards combustion, burned up and burned out, and especially so as they are in the 8th house and Sun rules the unfortunate 12th house.

I have never had a chart with 8th house emphasis have an outcome = sex. Its does look like Jupiter is being Jupiterian here, morally influenced. Very interesting that even the Sun is emphasising this here, hence the outcome being more likely to lead to loss (8th house) for the querant.

Sorry Antonia but I do agree with everyone's analysis in that this is not a positive outcome chart. Maybe it's a warning sign??

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

A direct question, seeking a yes or no answer: specifically, regarding whether or not it is likely the querent will have passionate sex with a person she is interested in, during the approximate time-frame of the horary:

Answer based on the Lot of Sexual Intercourse-abbreviated as LOSI-(asc+mars-moon)

-LOSI falls @ 28 Virgo in querent's 1st house
-quesited = the other person's sexual desires ("his" sexual desires) = 5th from the 7th house = Cancer = Moon

Note: 7th house under Pisces is "him" = Jupiter; Jupiter however is useless as a significator because:
a) the question was about his having intercourse with the querent, NOT about a relationship-as such, other than sexual intercourse- with the querent, and therefore the specific question addresses HIS 5th house, what he will do (or not) relative to sexual intercourse with the querent...
...and
b) Jupiter is in a pitted degree, rendering any influence it might have totally blocked, regardless of its situation regarding the Sun, so therefore is a non-factor in this horary (according to the "rules" of the horary method I follow)

Therefore,
-LOSI posits the querent's 1st house
-the Moon (quesited's significator) posited in its sign of exaltation and flows toward the LOSI (in querent's signifying house)

These are + testimonies regarding the specifc question, so in my opinion the answer is yes there is a definite possibility of what the querent asked about, actually happening....

Within what time-frame? Taking his (quesited's) significator (the Moon) and its distance to the place of the LOSI, and allocating 1 degree per day, I believe the time-frame here to be over the next 138 days (from the date of the question)...

Last edited: