Looking at my own vocation relative to transits... is this correct?

hebetude

My objective is to apply astrologer50's instructions to get a vocational read on my chart. He says:

"Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected."

So. Please tell me if I am following the correct steps towards applying the above instructions vis a vis my own natal chart, I"ll be super appreciative!

here goes:

MC:
MC in natal chart is in Virgo, ruled by Mercury. mercury is natally in pisces, but there is not transit, though there is a progression through gemini in the 7th house.

Is the above a correct interpretation?

2nd House:
2nd house is in Capricorn and in Sagittarius. Ruler of Capricorn is Saturn, ruler of Sag is Jupiter.

Pluto is transiting 2nd house in Capricorn. True node is transiting there too. Also AC is there. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn. Does venus rule 2nd house generally? She is not transiting anything, however natally is in Aries, and seems to be progressing through Gemini.

I have no natal planets in the 2nd house.

Jupiter and Saturn are both in the 3rd house in the natal chart.

Saturn is transiting 11th house in Libra, looks like he's heading for the 10th house?

Jupiter is making a big transit across houses 4,5,6 passing by my sun (in pisces) and venus (in aries).

Have I proceeded correctly in READING this before I go looking for interpretations?

thankyou for sharing your expertise with me,

heb

Attachments

• me transits progressions 63 percent.gif
    me transits progressions 63 percent.gif
    53.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

suimui10

Re: Methodology correct?

You should focus on natal aspects, not on transits.
A50 was indicating what natal planet positions and aspects and rulerships you should first focus on.
So, forget about transits for now.

Focus on each of the below (breaking down A50's instructions for your convenience):
1. are there any natal planets conjunct your MC?
2. where is the ruler of MC placed in your natal chart?
3. any MC rulers aspects with natal planets?
4. are there any natal planets in the 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’?
5. who is the ruler of 2nd house cusp?
6. where is the ruler of the 2nd house cusp placed?
7. any natal planets in the 6th house of ‘type of work you do’?
8. how are any planets in the 6th aspected?

If I were you I would sit down and analyze each of the above 8 steps and take it from there. Have fun! :)

BobZemco

Is my methodology/reading correct? No takers?

No, your vocation is imprinted in your Natal Chart and transits/progressions have no bearing on that, although under certain conditions, your progressions could indicate a change in career if your chart supports it.

Your 2nd House is a House of Substance. It corresponds to Earth Signs. If you do not have Planets in Earth Signs, then look at the 2nd/6th/10th House because Planets there are in "Earth Signs."

The 2nd House, along with the Part of Fortune, indicates your wealth and possessions, the manner in which you acquire them and whether or not you will keep them. In other words, will you be poor or average or wealthy all of your life, or just part of it; if you have wealth, will you squander/lose it, or will you keep it; or will it grow even greater. It can also indicate your income will fluctuate wildly but you might live comfortably through it all.

The 6th House is your Health and Servants, it's also a House of Fear, and shows your attitude toward everyday things. Servants may be an archaic term, but in the US and Canada, many people in suburbia have maids, baby-sitters, nannies, au pairs, landscapers who cut the grass and maintain the lawn, and those are servants, and so is the guy who remodels or paints your house, or fixes the plumbing or air conditioning and so on. If you are a landlord and have tenants, they are represented by the 6th House.

The 10th House is your Status, Ego and Honor, and shows things relative to your career, but not necessarily your career.

The 3 Significators of Career are Mercury, Venus and Mars. One (or more) need to be in the 10th House and not in Fall and not Peregrine. If that is not the case, then look at the 7th House.

If Mercury, Venus or Mars are not in Angles, then see which one has the strongest aspect to the Moon.

If none aspect the Moon, then between Mercury, Venus or Mars, whichever is Oriental of the Sun and closest to the Sun is the Significator.

If that isn't happening then you won't have a career, you'll just drift from job to job if you work at all.

If Mercury/Venus, Mercury/Mars or Venus/Mars or all three are in Angles, take the strongest one to be the Significator. Suppose you had Mercury/Mars in the 10th House in Gemini and Mars was Peregrine. Mars cannot be significator, but Mercury can, and if Mercury was applying to conjunction of Mars, then Mars would take a minor role as co-significator.

Mercury signifies all Professions, anything that requires a license, clerks of all sorts, communications of any kind, engineering and sciences.

Venus represents the Arts, and yes that's singing and dancing and acting, but also florists and floral designers, architects, interior designers, clothing designers, sales people, hair stylists, make-up or cosmetic artists, gemologists, the guy at the shopping mall who designs and sells T-Shirts and so on.

Mars is all menial labor, like factory workers, janitors, miners, construction workers and so on.

Dispositors are important. Any Planet in Gemini/Virgo is disposited by Mercury and that will show where exactly your talents and career lie. If Mars is the significator of your career, then any Planets in Aries/Scorpio will show the areas/fields of your career.

The Moon or Sun or both in Angles shows your status and how much attention you receive in your career, which could be anything from rapid advancement, to lots of awards for Salesperson of the Year, Manager of the Year, maybe lots of public exposure in the media as a doctor, lawyer or politician, or local fame, or national fame, or international fame.

A significator in aspect with Moon shows your exposure to people. You could be a manager at a restaurant with a staff of 24 or maybe your significator trines the Moon and you're a general commanding an infantry brigade with 5,000 troops. Obviously that's a big difference in the number of people. As a sales person you may or may not have a lot of contact with people. Selling things over the internet isn't the same as selling things in a retail shop.

I hope that helps.

Claire19

Astrologer50 is right with the equation. If you post your chart I can give you some help. There is a little confusion.

Your natal chart with the transits and progressions can be obtained from astrodienst...

Claire19

Re: Methodology correct?

You should focus on natal aspects, not on transits.
A50 was indicating what natal planet positions and aspects and rulerships you should first focus on.
So, forget about transits for now.

Focus on each of the below (breaking down A50's instructions for your convenience):
1. are there any natal planets conjunct your MC?
2. where is the ruler of MC placed in your natal chart?
3. any MC rulers aspects with natal planets?
4. are there any natal planets in the 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’?
5. who is the ruler of 2nd house cusp?
6. where is the ruler of the 2nd house cusp placed?
7. any natal planets in the 6th house of ‘type of work you do’?
8. how are any planets in the 6th aspected?

If I were you I would sit down and analyze each of the above 8 steps and take it from there. Have fun! :)
That is right. The transits have to be looked at for particular time in your life and on the natal chart.... they only trigger what is already there from birth.....this is the way that prediction is made.

My objective is to apply astrologer50's instructions to get a vocational read on my chart. He says:

"Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected."

So. Please tell me if I am following the correct steps towards applying the above instructions vis a vis my own natal chart, I"ll be super appreciative!

here goes:

MC:
MC in natal chart is in Virgo, ruled by Mercury. mercury is natally in pisces, but there is not transit, though there is a progression through gemini in the 7th house.

Is the above a correct interpretation?

2nd House:
2nd house is in Capricorn and in Sagittarius. Ruler of Capricorn is Saturn, ruler of Sag is Jupiter.

Pluto is transiting 2nd house in Capricorn. True node is transiting there too. Also AC is there. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn. Does venus rule 2nd house generally? She is not transiting anything, however natally is in Aries, and seems to be progressing through Gemini.

I have no natal planets in the 2nd house.

Jupiter and Saturn are both in the 3rd house in the natal chart.

Saturn is transiting 11th house in Libra, looks like he's heading for the 10th house?

Jupiter is making a big transit across houses 4,5,6 passing by my sun (in pisces) and venus (in aries). It takes Jupiter 1year to go through a sign/house so therefore cannot and will not go *accross* 4,5,6 houses. Remember planets are modified by sign, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects*

Have I proceeded correctly in READING this before I go looking for interpretations?

thankyou for sharing your expertise with me,

heb

Quite noticeably T Uranus is conj your sun, wanting you to be more independent and break free of conditions, this could also break a friendship or relationship.

This may awaken you to your true purpose in life. It is a time when you will be inclined to be yourself regardless of the consequences or expectations of others. As a result, you may leave a job or a marriage because the roles they force you to play will conflict with what you really are or what you have changed into. You may find it difficult to get cooperation from others until you have made sufficient changes in your relationships.
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/uranus-cj-sun.html

Your Chart ruler (ie: asc ruler) is conj MC which is very important plus it's a singleton in your chart and major focus. Pluto always always, wants control, transformation and uses all sorts of tactics to get it to...Finally, it's Apex for Yod configuration.
Info on Yod’s
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheYod15.5.htm
http://asphodelea.com/yods.html
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_yod.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yod_(astrology)
http://realastrologers.com/?p=331
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauma...t-and-yod.html
http://thezodiac.com/yod.htm

http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com/2009/03/inconjunct-aspect-and-yod.html

Currently T Neptune is conj Jupiter, fudging boundaries, and giving unclear goals.

You may seek a more spiritual existence now but the danger is that you will lose sight of reality. You may not see things as they really are, but as you want them to be. At the same time, you are very sensitive to other's needs. Others may sense this and try to take advantage of you by appealing to your ideals. Your approach to matters of faith is likely to be more unorthodox at this time. Interest in metaphysical and occult subjects increases because rational explanations do not seem adequate for what you have to deal with now.
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/neptune-cj-jupiter.html