Is she jealous of me?

anjelik

A theory is not "only" an assumption of the truth. A theory is a (logical) rationalization.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin

It is a theoretical fact that a narcissist is unable to understand their pathology. They do not seek the truth, they seek to believe what they want to believe irrespective of how irrational it is. A large following is not an argument for rationality, btw.

Kind of like trying to justifying that a theory is fact in order to fit what you want to believe? :whistling:

anjelik

Indeed, that is why assumptions have to be rationalized in order to constitute a theory.

rationalize
verb ra·tio·nal·ize \ˈra-shə-nə-ˌlīz\
Definition of rationalize for Students
rationalizedrationalizing
: to find an excuse for something that seems reasonable or believable <He tried to rationalize his foolish purchase.>

Tessie

Banned
rationalize
verb ra·tio·nal·ize \ˈra-shə-nə-ˌlīz\
Definition of rationalize for Students
rationalizedrationalizing
: to find an excuse for something that seems reasonable or believable <He tried to rationalize his foolish purchase.>

I'm sorry, I don't use urban dictionary or wherever that definition came from. What you've given is the definition of irrationality. As already stated above, rationalization is defined by logic (see Aristotle).

anjelik

I'm sorry, I don't use urban dictionary or wherever that definition came from. What you've given is the definition of irrationality. As already stated above, rationalization is defined by logic (see Aristotle).

It actually came from merriam-webster.com. You seem to have a habit of trying to insult people's intelligence/source when they don't agree with you. This is not the first time you have made similar comments towards me. Being self-righteous does't mean you are correct.

Tessie

Banned
It actually came from merriam-webster.com. You seem to have a habit of trying to insult people's intelligence/source when they don't agree with you. This is not the first time you have made similar comments towards me. Being self-righteous does't mean you are correct.

No, I have a habit of pointing out error. It is your choice to feel insulted by that (again). For me to be self-righteous, I would have to be arguing that my way is the correct way. That did not happen. I did not define logic. Logic is already defined. <3

anjelik

No, I have a habit of pointing out error. It is your choice to feel insulted by that (again). For me to be self-righteous, I would have to be arguing that my way is the correct way. That did not happen. I did not define logic. Logic is already defined. <3

Implying that my source is "urban dictionary.com" is not pointing out error. It is actually being childish. You are arguing that you are correct by trying to argue that the actual definition of theory is incorrect. With all of your preaching about narcissism and not being able to see the truth I think you should grab a mirror, since you can't even acknowledge that you are not always right and that you are in fact wrong. You are in fact refusing to see things for what they really are and living in your own sense of reality if you truly believe what you just said above is true. It appears to me that perhaps all of your research is a source of projection. But oh wait, I'm wrong and you're always right.

And just to clarify, this is my opinion. I am not naive enough to preach fact based on theories or opinions.

Just admit you're wrong and stop quoting dead philosophers. OR do what I do, just agree to disagree. You love to just keep on trying to get people to submit to your point of view. You need to wake up and realize that not everyone is going to agree with you. Especially when it is not FACTUAL.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
It appears to me, judging from the dialogue that has developed by/around this question, that the moon is close to perfecting that square to mercury in the chart.

Abby83

I work in internal recruitment focusing on financial services, but trying to get away from that if I can (but stay in recruitment since that is where my experience lies). I was made redundant from my company (which wasn't a surprise since they aren't doing too well at the moment and are actually not hiring very much in London at all) so I am looking for something new. I have been focusing my search on smaller firms since I think that working in large corporations is not really the right path for me. I am not sure if that type of work is really Scorpion, but I do communicate with people daily and I have to build relationships, headhunt (so that's the digging piece), etc.

Well when it comes to money, 2nd house ruler is in 11th house. Im not really good at understanding the 11th house other than knowing it's the house of friends, hopes and wishes and friendships, but 11th house is where the money is. Doesn't have to be a career. Just putting the thought out there. Like we agreed before, I don't think you really have problems with friends. So if you want to make money without the drama of work politics maybe look into this 11th house way of money making. Or even start a thread on it. That's my opinion anyway.

anjelik

It appears to me, judging from the dialogue that has developed by/around this question, that the moon is close to perfecting that square to mercury in the chart.

This thread has devolved from me asking a question about my relationship with my friend to being told that I should considering going to psychotherapy because I am a narcissist and the only reason I don't think I am a narcissist is because narcissists refuse to see the truth and prefer to live in a false sense of reality. It has just gotten out of hand once again, but judging by many of my interactions with Tessie, this is not surprising.

Thanks everyone who offered their horary expertise. I guess this thread is dead now.

Abby83

This thread has devolved from me asking a question about my relationship with my friend to being told that I should considering going to psychotherapy because I am a narcissist and the only reason I don't think I am a narcissist is because narcissists refuse to see the truth and prefer to live in a false sense of reality. It has just gotten out of hand once again, but judging by many of my interactions with Tessie, this is not surprising.

Thanks everyone who offered their horary expertise. I guess this thread is dead now.

Oh Angelik im so sorry this thread has upset you. I can see you're really sensitive about it. Yes there will be ppl out there who think they are right all the time but there is no point in trying to prove anything to them if they think they are right all the time. As an opinion, I think you would do best to stay focused on the posts that resonate with you the best and ignore ones that don't. It doesn't mean that you are not accepting flaws, I just think some of the comments are irrelevant.

Just a note... subjective questions draw the attention to you and attract these kinds of responses blaming you. Being objective will help. And im not saying im right and others are wrong. You can judge that.

anjelik

Oh Angelik im so sorry this thread has upset you. I can see you're really sensitive about it. Yes there will be ppl out there who think they are right all the time but there is no point in trying to prove anything to them if they think they are right all the time. As an opinion, I think you would do best to stay focused on the posts that resonate with you the best and ignore ones that don't. It doesn't mean that you are not accepting flaws, I just think some of the comments are irrelevant.

Just a note... subjective questions draw the attention to you and attract these kinds of responses blaming you. Being objective will help. And im not saying im right and others are wrong. You can judge that.

I'm not really upset about it. It just completely derailed and turned sour. I am tolerant of others' opinions, as long as they don't try and force them upon me. It's like Jehovah's Witnesses with their public preaching and going door to door trying to get people to conform to their beliefs. It just gets annoying after a while.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. I think with this post there was a bit a history which prompted me to ask the question, which may not have been totally related to the way she has been acting, at least on a conscious level. I do think that her being Mercury in Gemini - strong and in domicile describes her at the moment; very focused on herself, etc. Maybe all of the Cancerian energy has made me a little hyper-sensitive to things, especially since that would activate my 7th house.