Do I have Cancer - if so, what kind/where?

freedomlover

The thought keeps coming to me that I might have cancer. Does this chart show any indication of that?

My take on the chart:

I am Jupiter at 29' Pisces in the 3rd house. It is conjunct Uranus, but the conjunction will not become partile until they both change signs into Aries in the 3rd. They will make a semisextile to Chiron in Pisces at that time. The ruler of my 12th is the same as the 1st.

The ruler of my 6th house is Mercury, at 9' Taurus on the cusp of the 5th. Mercury is still coming out of its retrograde shadow. Mercury also rules my 7th - don't know what that would mean in Medical Horary. ( Also 9th)

Moon rules 8th, and is on the cusp of the 11th. It is just separating from an opposition to Mercury.

Sun rules intercepted 8th house, and is in the 6th at 4' Gemini, inconjunct Pluto Rx in Cap in my 1st. That does not look good. There is a double 3rd house/Gemini link - Jupiter in the 3rd, and Sun in Gemini in the 6th.

Moon will sextile Saturn Rx in the 9th, and then trine Jup and Uranus before they go into Aries.

I have no idea what all this means in Medical Horary. Can anybody help? I'm really concerned.

(Keep clicking on the chart until it enlarges)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_2144_cancer_if_so_where_hr.8779.14982.jpg
    astro_2gw_2144_cancer_if_so_where_hr.8779.14982.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 35

freedomlover

Also, can you use Arabic parts in Medical Horary?

For instance, Part of Sickness is 21'25 Scorpio.

And, the Part of Spirit is 2'4" Gemini, which is interesting, because that is the 6th house cusp.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Also, can you use Arabic parts in Medical Horary?

For instance, Part of Sickness is 21'25 Scorpio.

And, the Part of Spirit is 2'4" Gemini, which is interesting, because that is the 6th house cusp.

Yes, Arabic Parts are very important in astro-therapeutic analysis (in my opinion). Also the Manilius Health Imbalance Fortune, which is found 10 signs away from the place of the Part of Fortune (the MHIF shows deep seated health imbalance tendencies)

Three of the most important Parts in astro-therapeutic analysis are:

-Part of (Acute) Sickness (I call it health imbalance);
(both day & night) asc+mars-mercury

-Part of (Chronic) Sickness (ditto):
(day) asc+mars-saturn
(night) asc+saturn-mars

-Part of Debilitated Body
(day) asc+mars-part of fortune
(night) asc+part of fortune-mars

-Part of Medicine
(day) asc+jupiter-sun
(night) asc+sun-jupiter

(There are several other relevant Parts regarding health issues in addition to the above)

NOTE: always find and consider the dispositor of the Part, which = its planetary significator; the conditions and relationships of the Part's significator are just as important for delineation as the condition and relationships of the Part itself.

Last edited:

Awakened_Pisces

Hmm. I was never too good at horary to begin with, but I think the basics will do. For starters, we need to identify Cancer in Astrology. Cancer, as we know it attaches itself to a part of the body, then the cancerous cells start to multply(moreso then allowed by Human Standards). To me, Jupiter(expansion) identifies w/cancer. Not Jupiter in particular, but a malevolent(think retrograde/debilitated) Jupiter. So let's look at the chart.

I'll be using Jupiter and the ASC, since this is a question involving you and your body

Amazingly, as Saggi is the ASC, Jupiter represents both the disease and you.

Jupiter is in excellent shape, exalted/ruler of Pisces. Saturn is a few degrees from forming a T-Square with Pluto and Jupiter. Saturn does deal with the bodily structure. So perhaps in a few weeks to a month, you'll hear something about your body.

The end of the matter, as always is the Moon. The Moon is in it's fall in Scorpio, but it is being supported via a trine in Venus.

No to cancer
Yes to something happening with your body.

Ebenia

The traditional ruler of Cancer is PLUTO (of course)! But because it's not used in Horary, I don't know what would be the significator for it.

If we use Jupiter, then you do not have cancer (like Awakened_Pisces told), but something else, yes.

Maybe when Moon goes into Sagittarius and makes a trine to Jupiter, you will get to know?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
The traditional ruler of Cancer is PLUTO (of course)!

Ebenia, How can this be? Pluto wasn't known to Traditional astrologers.

Jupiter rules cancer to my knowledge-it has in all the cancer charts I've delineated, which is quite a few.
Lilly

Ebenia

The traditional ruler of Cancer is PLUTO (of course)!

Ebenia, How can this be? Pluto wasn't known to Traditional astrologers.

Jupiter rules cancer to my knowledge-it has in all the cancer charts I've delineated, which is quite a few.
Lilly

Well, maybe I said it the wrong way, but in modern astrology Pluto is the ruler of Cancer. But I also we have to know that cancer is a modern disease and many years ago cancer wasn't same kind of issue that it is today, mainly because people live so long these days and before people died of other diseases before they could ever have cancer anyway (of course there are exceptions, with kids and so on, but it still wasn't common then). Also cancer is a caused usually by peoples life choices and these choices were not even available hundred years ago (like eating junk food, smoking in extreme, no excersize and so on).

To me it is interesting that in the years that Pluto was actually found, these diseases were brought up to the surface, including AIDS and so on.

And when we think about how cancer acts, I think it definately could be in form of Jupiter, but it needs Plutonian energy to get into cancer, because cells are all the time reforming (Pluto) and there will be mistakes we reforming and when cells reform too many times and make too many mistakes, it starts to produce cancer cells. And this is why it takes time (saturn) to turn into cancer, cause it has to happen through cell producing mistakes and the possibility for the mistakes gets bigger when we older and also the possibility for cancer gets larger. And if people smoke and eat badly and so on, the possibilities for the cells to work properly is less likely and that is also the reason why life style choice matters so much with cancer.

But this could be another thread for this. And I am sorry if I explained it badly. English is not my mother tongue and especially not medical English. :happy:

lillyjgc

Freedomlover,
Usually a predisposition to cancer is indicated in the natal chart. Natally,You do have Jupiter there, in its detriment and Mercury ruling it, in jupiter's sign,with Mercury in h12-Merc ruling that house can be lung problems too as Mercury rules the lungs.
Jupiter generally rules liver/thyroid. However, cancer just can't be found until it's producing symptoms.Even a full body scan would not find a cancer until it was visible.
With Saturn ruling your natal ascendant,which is also an indicator of chronic conditions,and saturn also in a sign ruled by jupiter, it is possible at some stage you may have to deal with a serious chronic condition. Natally the sun rules your h8 which can indicate that health matters do relate to the end of life, especially as the sun is square saturn.
Regular check ups are a good idea.
Stay well.
Lilly

lillyjgc

Ebenia,
Cancer has actually existed for a long time, even back in William Lilly's day.I do agree though that it has taken on a big prevalence due to the reasons you state-
I have had cancer and Pluto is not and was not involved, whereas from my chart it is very clear that Jupiter is involved, even though its in the sign of its exaltation in my chart-It is however, precariously located on my h8 cusp.
My pluto is actually very well aspected...no squares or oppositions involved.
Long ago most people died younger of other diseases, but if people live longer they will be prone to cancers as a result of cells ageing.
To the best of my knowledge though, Saturn rules our cells.
I see the logic behind your comments though-Hey! Nothing wrong with your English-you write well.
Cheers
Lilly

Last edited:
Freedomlover,

so sorry to here you are having health problems - I know I can't really assist but I do have some links :)
Medical astrology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_astrology
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com/2009/03/inconjunct-aspect-and-yod.html#uds-search-results --- you have to put keywords into their search engine, but it did come up with lots of links --

Books on medical -- Diane Cramer's Dictionary of Medical Astrology

hope they help

I have jupiter in virgo retrograde in 8th house - so that's left me on a downer --

Last edited:

Tora

Before jumping into Arabic parts, modern rulers and midpoints and everything else, shouldn't you be going back to BASIC?

Moon in Via Combusta. :devil: Should you really be reading this?
However, if you still insist in reading, the important houses are 1st (YOU -Jupiter), 6th (health - Merc), 10th (diagnosis, treatment - Venus).

freedomlover

Yes, Arabic Parts are very important in astro-therapeutic analysis (in my opinion). Also the Manilius Health Imbalance Fortune, which is found 10 signs away from the place of the Part of Fortune (the MHIF shows deep seated health imbalance tendencies)

Three of the most important Parts in astro-therapeutic analysis are:

-Part of (Acute) Sickness (I call it health imbalance);
(both day & night) asc+mars-mercury

-Part of (Chronic) Sickness (ditto):
(day) asc+mars-saturn
(night) asc+saturn-mars

-Part of Debilitated Body
(day) asc+mars-part of fortune
(night) asc+part of fortune-mars

-Part of Medicine
(day) asc+jupiter-sun
(night) asc+sun-jupiter

(There are several other relevant Parts regarding health issues in addition to the above)

NOTE: always find and consider the dispositor of the Part, which = its planetary significator; the conditions and relationships of the Part's significator are just as important for delineation as the condition and relationships of the Part itself.

Thank you so much for this helpful information, Dr. Farr!

These are the Arabic parts that apply:

Part of Actue Sickness- 9'25" Aries/3rd. Disp: Mars at 23' Leo

Part of Chronic Sickness - 29' 27" Capricorn, cusp of 2nd house - dispositor: Saturn rx at 27' Virgo. ( revised - using nighttime formula)

Part of Debilitated Body - 20'23" Scorpio/11th Disp: Mars at 23' Leo and Pluto Rx in Cap

Part of Medicine: 1'50" Pisces/2nd Disp: Jupiter at 28' Pisces (My sig) adn Neptune 28' Aquarius

And, if I'm doing it correctly, the "Manilus Part of Health Imbalance" would be at 18'47" Taurus? If so, that is a very sensitive point in my natal chart. It is the cusp of my 5th house, and a lot of things seem to be triggered when planets hit this degree.

freedomlover

Hmm. I was never too good at horary to begin with, but I think the basics will do. For starters, we need to identify Cancer in Astrology. Cancer, as we know it attaches itself to a part of the body, then the cancerous cells start to multply(moreso then allowed by Human Standards). To me, Jupiter(expansion) identifies w/cancer. Not Jupiter in particular, but a malevolent(think retrograde/debilitated) Jupiter. So let's look at the chart.

I'll be using Jupiter and the ASC, since this is a question involving you and your body

Amazingly, as Saggi is the ASC, Jupiter represents both the disease and you.

Jupiter is in excellent shape, exalted/ruler of Pisces. Saturn is a few degrees from forming a T-Square with Pluto and Jupiter. Saturn does deal with the bodily structure. So perhaps in a few weeks to a month, you'll hear something about your body.

The end of the matter, as always is the Moon. The Moon is in it's fall in Scorpio, but it is being supported via a trine in Venus.

No to cancer
Yes to something happening with your body.

Thank you very much for your take on this, AP!

I'm hoping you are right. I have some good reasons to believe that cancer is likely to happen. However, because I've known this, I have taken as many countermeasures as I could. I eat a healthy diet, work on my anger and unforgiveness issues, and I also speak positive health affirmations daily. I'm wondering if that isn't why I'm Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd? Jup also disposits the Part of Medicine, so "I am my own medicine" - the healing affirmations I speak are perhaps keeping it at bay?

I do get the feeling that I will have some sort of change within a month or so. That period of time also heralds a New Moon in Gemini in my 6th house, as well.

freedomlover

The traditional ruler of Cancer is PLUTO (of course)! But because it's not used in Horary, I don't know what would be the significator for it.

If we use Jupiter, then you do not have cancer (like Awakened_Pisces told), but something else, yes.

Maybe when Moon goes into Sagittarius and makes a trine to Jupiter, you will get to know?

Hmmm.... that would have both sigs changing from water into fire. However, Jupiter will still be in Pisces, so Moon in Sag will not trine it. It will also just miss making a trine to Uranus, as Uranus enters Aries about 12 hours after Moon enters Sag. Both these trines will occur while Moon is still in Scorpio, and Jup and Uranus are still in Pisces.

Thank you for your input, Ebenia!

freedomlover

Freedomlover,
Usually a predisposition to cancer is indicated in the natal chart. Natally,You do have Jupiter there, in its detriment and Mercury ruling it, in jupiter's sign,with Mercury in h12-Merc ruling that house can be lung problems too as Mercury rules the lungs.
Jupiter generally rules liver/thyroid. However, cancer just can't be found until it's producing symptoms.Even a full body scan would not find a cancer until it was visible.
With Saturn ruling your natal ascendant,which is also an indicator of chronic conditions,and saturn also in a sign ruled by jupiter, it is possible at some stage you may have to deal with a serious chronic condition. Natally the sun rules your h8 which can indicate that health matters do relate to the end of life, especially as the sun is square saturn.
Regular check ups are a good idea.
Stay well.
Lilly

Thanks for replying, Lilly!

Yes, I'm aware of the Jupiter Rx in Gemini in my 6th house - that is one reason I'm so concerned about all the 3rd house/Gemini emphasis in this chart. I'm thinking of posting my natal chart on a thread concerning this, too. You're right, I think it needs looked at natally from a few angles, too.

freedomlover

With the media constantly telling us that we are likely to get cancer from breathing polluted air/eating polluted food/ getting too much sun etc. etc. , it's no wonder that people "expect" to get cancer. maybe this is an issue that could be seen in the present transits, uranus/jupiter opp. saturn , it seems that virtually anyone with a tendency to worry too much expects the worst. Maybe the media should be held more accountable for brainwashing the masses into expecting to get sick!

You have a point, Caprising. And, really, I try not to focus on the thought of getting sick ( or in my case, sick-er). As I wrote to AwakenedPisces, I am faithful in speaking daily health affirmations, and try to avoid anything that is known to contribute to cancer growth. However, with genetics and environmental exposures to be figured into the equation, I don't think I can turn a blind eye to the possibility that something could be going on. I also have the added weight of the holistic practitioner that I saw in July '09, who told me that is was very likely that cancer was in the early stages of forming in my body somewhere, based on the readings she got from me. It's been almost a year, and I've not been able to make the changes recommended due to lack of finances. Therefore, I remain concerned.

freedomlover

Freedomlover,

so sorry to here you are having health problems - I know I can't really assist but I do have some links :)
Medical astrology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_astrology
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com/2009/03/inconjunct-aspect-and-yod.html#uds-search-results --- you have to put keywords into their search engine, but it did come up with lots of links --

Books on medical -- Diane Cramer's Dictionary of Medical Astrology

hope they help

I have jupiter in virgo retrograde in 8th house - so that's left me on a downer --

Thanks so much for your wonderful links, as always, Astrologer50 - and for the sympathy. I had run across the Eileen Nauman page before, and had it bookmarked. SUCH an informative article!

freedomlover

Before jumping into Arabic parts, modern rulers and midpoints and everything else, shouldn't you be going back to BASIC?

Moon in Via Combusta. :devil: Should you really be reading this?
However, if you still insist in reading, the important houses are 1st (YOU -Jupiter), 6th (health - Merc), 10th (diagnosis, treatment - Venus).

Well, I thought I outlined the chart basically. ( Not that I know how to interpret what I outlined by medical astrology, though. LOL) However, I was not aware that 10th house was diagnosis. I would have thought that would have been 9th house. Hmmm..... Venus is in the 7th, in Cancer. Moon is in a separating trine by 4 somethings.....

As far as Moon in Via Combusta, I see no problem with this. I just think it points to volatile emotions and relationships being a problematic area. This is known to be a major energetic cause of cancer developing. Of course, there are genetics and environmental causes, as well. But it may be pointing to it being a threat of cancer developing due to undealt with abuse, which is what I felt it probably was intuitively. I KNOW there is a threat - a likelihood. What I'm wondering is if it has actually gotten to a cancerous stage anywhere yet.

Thanks for your input, Tora!

Tora

freedomlover,
Please calm down and stop panicing.
If there are some obvious symptoms that appear to exist in your body then it is best to get checked out and have a peace of mind. Perhaps there is something in the sky right now e.g. tr pluto & tr saturn, is triggering your anxiety.

Now back to your horary chart, I personally think the chart does not scream cancer.

Your question was 'do i have cancer?' The answer will be either yes or no.
So we look for aspect from Jupiter (you) to Mercury (6th h) and there is no aspect so NO. Jupiter is feeling strong anyway. Perhaps approaching conj. to Uranus is making you anxiety prone.

Venus (diagnosis) is in 7th H of doctor so the diagnosis will be there, be it yes or no.

Moon is in via combusta and I think this is your feeling.... you are thinking there could be something sinister.

You have NN in the 1st H so you are lucky there.

PM me if you would like to discuss it e.g. symptoms in private.

freedomlover

freedomlover,
Please calm down and stop panicing.
If there are some obvious symptoms that appear to exist in your body then it is best to get checked out and have a peace of mind. Perhaps there is something in the sky right now e.g. tr pluto & tr saturn, is triggering your anxiety.

Now back to your horary chart, I personally think the chart does not scream cancer.

Your question was 'do i have cancer?' The answer will be either yes or no.
So we look for aspect from Jupiter (you) to Mercury (6th h) and there is no aspect so NO. Jupiter is feeling strong anyway. Perhaps approaching conj. to Uranus is making you anxiety prone.

Venus (diagnosis) is in 7th H of doctor so the diagnosis will be there, be it yes or no.

Moon is in via combusta and I think this is your feeling.... you are thinking there could be something sinister.

You have NN in the 1st H so you are lucky there.

PM me if you would like to discuss it e.g. symptoms in private.

Thank you once again for you viewpoint, Tora. But first of all, I think you have read me wrong - I am NOT panicking over this. I'm trying to approach it in a very calm and rational way. I agree with you, though, that I do not see any obvious signs of cancer. Perhaps it is saying that the things I'm doing, and will be doing will keep it from forming into cancer. However, intuitively, I feel that the initial stages are there. I'm just glad that it doesn't appear that anything is going past that stage.