Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

I disagree that smaller communities are going to be superficial. Sure, it’s been said in books that the spread of Eastern medicine has been corrupted by the West, but that doesn’t diminish the possibility of some real diamonds in the rough. I think it’s important to try these things before dismissing it, you miss out on life that way, so you need an open heart basically.

Nah, I wasn't making a blanket statement. I know these people and the communities firsthand and secondhand. I have experience in other related spheres with them. The culture of the people, the nascency of a lot of what they do, and there glamorization of foreign ideas and fashions - I literally have a face to face experience with them.

And, it's hard to get into these communities when there is a heavy amount of exclusivity and classism held over from pre-independence days.

Ukpoohbear

Nah, I wasn't making a blanket statement. I know these people and the communities firsthand and secondhand. I have experience in other related spheres with them. The culture of the people, the nascency of a lot of what they do, and there glamorization of foreign ideas and fashions - I literally have a face to face experience with them.

And, it's hard to get into these communities when there is a heavy amount of exclusivity and classism held over from pre-independence days.

You are never gonna stop humans being humans and basically not getting the purpose of these things. Glamourising spirituality into something superficial, making something exclusive because they themselves don’t have an open heart, it exists everywhere. While I do think spirituality comes from within, it’s still worthwhile investigating and meeting like-minded people. There’s so many spiritual or vegan festivals these days and tbh, if you get involved in the community in general, chances are you’re gonna meet a couple of down to earth people who aren’t full of bs, maybe even make a friendship that continues if you’re lucky.

I think you live in the city where things are hip, whereas I’m a country girl so you don’t really get the snobbiness in those kinda circles. Snobbiness usually happens when country people are trying to be more city.

But anyway, I think it’s worth a shot. BS exists everywhere because it depends on the individual being decent.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

When country people are trying to be snobby and I go to the best hairdressers in town and they’re all about asking what I do for a living and turning their noses up when I say I’m not a professional (yet), hello you’re hairdressers haha makes me laugh inside (but they’re the best at doing my hair).

conspiracy theorist

You are never gonna stop human’s being human’s and basically not getting the purpose of these things. Glamourising spirituality into something superficial, making something exclusive because they themselves don’t have an open heart, it exists everywhere. While I do think spirituality comes from within, it’s still worthwhile investigating and meeting like-minded people. There’s so many spiritual or vegan festivals these days and tbh, if you get involved in the community in general, chances are you’re gonna meet a couple of down to earth people who aren’t full of bs, maybe even make a friendship that continues if you’re lucky.

I think you live in the city where things are hip, whereas I’m a country girl so you don’t really get the snobbiness in those kinda circles. Snobbiness usually happens when country people are trying to be more city.

But anyway, I think it’s worth a shot. BS exists everywhere because it depends on the individual being decent.

I'm not referring just to spiritual groups, but also the art and alternative ideas groups as well. I'm not decrying human nature - and there are multiple purposes to these things so maybe I'm not emphasizing what you see as the primary reason for these groups - fellowship of like-minded people and development of networks.

I'm talking of the dominant groups which are decades old. The newer generation is more open-hearted and democratic. They have taken a shine to cosplaying and their approach to fellowship is something to which I think you would agree with.

I've lived in a lot of places, some more urban than others. My upbringing isn't so easily categorized since I'm not like/don't like the Americanized/city types despite going to the same schools as them, and I'm not like the country types despite feeling more of an affinity to them. The social structure of my country is different from yours, the issues aren't the same.

The problem isn't one of shunning outright. Access isn't democratic, and the "love of the art" isn't necessarily the strongest reason why these groups are formed.

Ukpoohbear

Yeah our country’s are very different, I’m not entirely sure what you meant by the problems with your country before independence.

Are you saying there are predatory types in these circles?

About the trendy **** you mentioned in your first post, I think you are meaning that these types of groups aren’t going to be authentic. My reply wasn’t just about the positives of making friends with like-minded interests, it’s about the possibility of meeting spiritually authentic people, even amongst all the bs. But really, you can meet spiritually authentic peope anywhere and you can tell by the presence they have. And if there is no one who really knows what they’re talking about, you can hopefully still make friends with people looking for the same thing.

I am decrying humans because there’s a lot of bs in spirituality because of humans.

Ukpoohbear

I think the confusion with what each other means is our differences with you being more a practitioner and me being more mystic because I look for spirituality in the person, which gives qualifications to what they are doing, whether that be shamanism or being a binman.

Gemini888

Mars is nearly in Gemini, and I'm feeling a "sword and sorcery" vibe coming on.
Mars in Gemini is 9 of Swords in Tarot. In RWS it's an image of a crying man in his bed with a black background. In Thoth it's 9 swords dripping blood and tears with blood red background. A lot of mental anguish and introspection before the dawn.

CapAquaPis

March 31-April 1 is the original pre-Christian New Year's day...when the Roman Empire converted to Christianity in the 400s AD (was it 395 or 495?), the new state church: the Roman Catholic, moved the new year date to January 1st in the winter. In 1582, the Gregorian calendar moved the date March 21st to April 1st, but in the old calendar the astrological new year would start in March 10th. And Feb. 14-15th in the Aquarian age should be the new year if the sun sign Aquarius comes first, but 2000 years ago, astrologers determined Dec. 25th is when the sun entered Aquarius, then they move it 25 days later to Jan. 20-21.

david starling

March 31-April 1 is the original pre-Christian New Year's day...when the Roman Empire converted to Christianity in the 400s AD (was it 395 or 495?), the new state church: the Roman Catholic, moved the new year date to January 1st in the winter. In 1582, the Gregorian calendar moved the date March 21st to April 1st, but in the old calendar the astrological new year would start in March 10th. And Feb. 14-15th in the Aquarian age should be the new year if the sun sign Aquarius comes first, but 2000 years ago, astrologers determined Dec. 25th is when the sun entered Aquarius, then they move it 25 days later to Jan. 20-21.

December means 10th Month, the 25th is 3 days after the Winter Solstice, when it's obvious the Sun is rising higher above the southern horizon. And, Capricorn is the 10th tropical Sign. Since X is the Roman numeral for 10, and also the ancient symbol for a crossing-over, and the Christian savior was a "scapegoat", which was about taking away sins, the Cross makes symbolic sense relating to #X Capricorn as the scapegoat, just as December 25th makes symbolic sense for the birth of the Savior during the tropical month of Solar-Capricorn.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Just had to google "Majhong" and it sure looks like a puzzle.

Mars entering gemini has got me into drawing again, i actually started back last night too, the exact time mars ingressed. I do have a gemini 5th house moon though so maybe that's why.

david starling

April Fool's Day was the result of the argument about when the New Year should be celebrated. Those who favored the January 1st date start for the New Year of the (then new) Gregorian calendar, which was chosen by Pope Gregory VIII in 1581, won out. They branded those who wanted it to start on the more traditional date, April 1st, as fools, and played tricks on them. March 25 was another popular day to celebrate it.

david starling

Just had to google "Majhong" and it sure looks like a puzzle.

Mars entering gemini has got me into drawing again, i actually started back last night too, the exact time mars ingressed. I do have a gemini 5th house moon though so maybe that's why.

Mars does have to do with creative energy, although the focus is usually on its destructive side. I have the NN at 5 degrees Gemini (H4), so I'll be watching that transit.

Chrysalis

NN shouldn't be that bad though should it ?

Mars is my time lord for this year, so ive been tracking him constantly since ive learnt about it.

Only thing is my gemini moon is square saturn, so anything i do 5th house related i always put myself down, and think im not good enough.

I don't know if i hate saturn or mars more.
Ive got an out of sect mars though, so i suppose saturn's not supposed to be that bad, but im not too sure about that.

Too much drama on this thread last night, when mars was at 29 degrees. This sites changed so much since i first joined up, for the bad.

david starling

NN shouldn't be that bad though should it ?

Mars is my time lord for this year, so ive been tracking him constantly since ive learnt about it.

Only thing is my gemini moon is square saturn, so anything i do 5th house related i always put myself down, and think im not good enough.

I don't know if i hate saturn or mars more.
Ive got an out of sect mars though, so i suppose saturn's not supposed to be that bad, but im not too sure about that.

Too much drama on this thread last night, when mars was at 29 degrees. This sites changed so much since i first joined up, for the bad.

Always a good idea to track Mars. I experienced a lot of unpleasant drama during the last 3 degrees of Mars in Taurus. Glad it's in Gemini.