Lilith

Sag Moon

I have read some of the post about Lillith here and still do not know what to think about this point even with it being so focal in my chart.

In my own chart it conjuncts my Asc, at 2deg.Cancer, and is at the midpoint between Me/Ur at 45Deg. aspect to each. It also is Op. to Ju on the 7th.It is also Sq. to Ma 10th and Sextile to Pluto 3rd. A real lot of intergration forms at my ascendent I think.
It is also focal being at the Apex point of a Thors Hammer\Finger of the World formation.

At best I think it gives a sensitivity to what I see in life.

Neptune Rising

Mmm interesting. I only recently started to look into Lilith, as the transiting North Node was exactly on my natal Lilith. I was feeling very much in pain for some reason.

I just noticed in a year and for quite a few years to come, progressed Lilith will be conjunct my progressed Sun. They meet just as pr Sun enters Pisces. This pair will be in the 1st house, trine prorgressed Uranus in the 9th. I think some rebellious tendencies may come out, to do with philosophies. They already are. Its an intersting concept, the dark side of the Moon will conjunct the Sun in Pisces - what can that bring out? Perhaps the more subtle side of Pisces, or more hidden, dark sides.

I guess these transits all happen for a reason, and its time to learn the lessons of Lilith, with the transit N Node giving me a taste of things to come. Reading about Lilith now, I see its nothing to be afraid of, its just showing the more hidden parts of the psyche.

NR

Kite

Bumping up again since the upcoming solar eclipse in a couple of days exactly conjuncts Black Moon Lilith and Venus in Capricorn. How archetypical is this?

BTW - hello to old friends as I do my annual (or however long its been) check-in.

LuluBelle

"Maybe she has become the "shadow" of all the primal Goddess instincts we have collectively disowned - each causing a drying of our collective ambiotic fluid in the process.

A dried up Lilith could explain the characterization of her as the unwilling submissive to Adam, and the killer of children."

Very insightful. It is my understanding that she Refused to submit! I have her at 5 degrees Cancer in 10th, with my Sun/Venus Cazimi at 1 degree. I was very submissive to men, but extremely resentful. Now, I refuse to submit at all. I'm on borrowed computer and don't have more info, but she has been getting alot of my attention lately. I'll have to gather the info and post more.

LuluBelle

Lilith is the black moon

In Europe she was first discovered in 1720.She cannot reflect the light of the Sun,like our Moon and can only be observed as she casts her shadow on the Sun if she passes it.

In the bible and the talmud there is some information about her.In the language of symbols Adam is our Earth and Eve is our Moon.One says that Adam first had another woman,Lilith,who was rather wild and primitive and had a fur like an animal.(Every human embryo has,for a short time,in his development in the womb a fur,that falls out later,analogous to the times where Lilith had a bigger influence on mankind and granted him a fur).
The talmud tells that Lilith had a fight with Adam and left him.Three angels catched her and tried to persuade her to come back,but she did not.
So a new woman was created: Eve=Luna=Moon.Lilith was jealous of her and tried to seduce her descendants(that means we,all humans) to sexual games and murder.Her name means night,and is described as a vampire.

(information out of a book)

Lilith is someone who is a seducer,and I immediately think of lolita and lulu,names for girls in smoky nightclubs,with heavy makeup and sexy lingerie who are whispering in your ear,creating an illusion that can come true.You smell her perfume and she sits on your lap,dragging you into a world that doesn't exist....

I think Lilith is the seducer we should not be listening to....
It is something like cocaine,you feel great,but only for a short period of time,seducing you to go the easy way,a dead end street,leading you away from your real destiny we are all,deep in our hearts,aware of...

Lulu? A seducer? Funny (maybe not) that I chose that as part of my name here? Okay, we're getting uncomfortable. I always called myself Lulu when I do stupid things...I'll get back to this after I do some more processing...I know this is tying in with some Deep S**t coming up from past. No coincidences..

Mercurius

Bumping up again since the upcoming solar eclipse in a couple of days exactly conjuncts Black Moon Lilith and Venus in Capricorn. How archetypical is this?

BTW - hello to old friends as I do my annual (or however long its been) check-in.

Yes because of this Eclipse I have been back on the Lilith case again. I wrote about it here.

My most recent Blog looked at Asteroid Lilith (1181).

And way back in October I focused on Dark Moon Lilith (Waldemaths Moon)

Once I've tackled the big one BLACK MOON LILITH (Mean,True & Osc positions) Then I will attempt to sum up all the Liliths. For me they work like the triple Moon Goddess. Like three sisters. Asteroid Lilith the rebel younger sis, Black Moon Lilith the fertile middle sis and Dark Moon the older wiser sister.

Demetra George alluded to this in her Dark Moon Goddess book. I am endlessly fascinated by Lilith.
I recommend Kelley Hunters book. Lilith the 4 faces of the Cosmic feminine too. (she talks about Algol the fixed star as being Lilith too)

AlvinChavez

Lilith is the black moon

In Europe she was first discovered in 1720.She cannot reflect the light of the Sun,like our Moon and can only be observed as she casts her shadow on the Sun if she passes it.

In the bible and the talmud there is some information about her.In the language of symbols Adam is our Earth and Eve is our Moon.One says that Adam first had another woman,Lilith,who was rather wild and primitive and had a fur like an animal.(Every human embryo has,for a short time,in his development in the womb a fur,that falls out later,analogous to the times where Lilith had a bigger influence on mankind and granted him a fur).
The talmud tells that Lilith had a fight with Adam and left him.Three angels catched her and tried to persuade her to come back,but she did not.
So a new woman was created: Eve=Luna=Moon.Lilith was jealous of her and tried to seduce her descendants(that means we,all humans) to sexual games and murder.Her name means night,and is described as a vampire.

(information out of a book)

Lilith is someone who is a seducer,and I immediately think of lolita and lulu,names for girls in smoky nightclubs,with heavy makeup and sexy
cheap lingeries who are whispering in your ear,creating an illusion that can come true.You smell her perfume and she sits on your lap,dragging you into a world that doesn't exist....

I think Lilith is the seducer we should not be listening to....
It is something like cocaine,you feel great,but only for a short period of time,seducing you to go the easy way,a dead end street,leading you away from your real destiny we are all,deep in our hearts,aware of...
I will just ask my wife to read the post. It is important to have spice in life and these stuff surely helps a lot

Last edited:

LionLady

Kite,

The asteriod Lilith, according to astro.com, listes mine at 0 Pisces 37' placing it in my 12th only minutes away from my ASC. They show this asteroid on the chart as "Lilit" only.

According to another source, ASC - Astro Communications Services, where I get all my natal charts, my natal shows Lilith (Dark Moon) - glyph is a circle with a diagonal line through it, at 14 Pisces 36' placing it in my 1st house as I mentioned.

Back at astro.com, under their list of "Additional Objects" Lilith (which one?) is listed along with Chiron and the other asteroid goddesses etc., in the chart represented as the right facing Moon glyph with the cross under it. In my chart this Lilith shows up at 19 Cancer 21' 34" putting it as you said, in my 5th house. Honestly and obviously, I don't know what "Lilith" this one is and I couldn't find any further info about it at astro.com. So.......??? You said there are 3 Lilith's so maybe this is the 3 of them. I trust my ASC natal chart showing the glyph of Lilith (Dark Moon according to them) as the circle with the line through it in my 1st house at 14 Pisces. Like it isn't all complicated enough!

Lapis

The three positions you quote are:

Asteroid Lilith - symbol horizontal line with 4 vertical lines (one with an arrow on it) - this is given by you as 0 Pisc 37

Dark Moon Lilith - symbol circle with angled line through it - at 14 Pisc 36
For clarity I prefer to call this the Shadow Moon. There is reputable astronomical research on this body. In Solar Fire it is listed as Dark Moon Waldemath.

Black Moon Lilith - symbol reversed crescent moon above cross and/or topped with an arrow at the top horn of the crescent - at 19 Canc 21.

Demetra George has written in depth on asteroid Lilith in her book "Asteroid Goddesses" - she has also written on the Three Liliths in a foreword to Francis Santoni's book The Black Moon. There is also Delphine Jay on the Dark Moon - but beware her ephemeris because it is not accurate. (see below)

About the Waldemath Black Moon: Ephems using this name are likely to give the correct placement for the object also known as Dark Moon Lilith. Not to be confused with Black Moon Lilith which is a point not an object, with completely different cycles.

There is an excellent short article explaining the differences here:
http://www.astrologysoftware.com/res...lith.asp?orig=

I have a print off of a longer article by Sue Simmons but I didn't bookmark the site and can't now find it. However, she does have a Yahoo group with information on the subject, and the article may be there.

Dark Moon Lilith was one of the very first objects noted by astronomers when telescopes were introduced in the 1620s. But it is so diffuse it can only be seen at Full (opposite Sun) when it appears as a dark red glow, or New (conjunct Sun) when it can occasionally be seen - with great care and if at the right latitude - crossing the disc of the Sun. There has been sporadic astronomical research at least until the 1960s, but it is so expensive now to devote telescope time to such odd objects .......

You can read Delphine Jay and Ivy Goldstein-Jacobsen for history and interpretations of this moon, but don't use the ephemeris. If astro.com are calling it the Waldemath Black Moon they are almost certainly using the correct ephemeris. It is also in Solar Fire as Wm Dark Moon (I think) - one of the optional points.

Being a maverick I prefer to call her the Shadow Moon - if only to distinguish her from the Black Moon point. If you read up on the history you'll see why. The orbital period of 119 days and the lunation period (from Full to Full or New to New relative to Earth) of 177 days are so close to 6 x that of Luna Moon's, and its density is so low that I do wonder if perhaps this is a cloud of fine dust from the impact that created Luna (now accepted by scientists) that is gradually coming together to form another body for our solar system

There is a booklet about Black Moon Lilith called "Black Moon Lilith" by M Kelley Hunter which should still be available; also a book called simply "The Black Moon Book" usually listed under the name of Francis Santoni, which has an introductory piece about Liliths by Demetra George.

Hope some of this helps
:whistling:

chrismet

I joined only tonight. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Frisiangal I knew years ago in another astrological forum, now dormant. I don't yet know if anyone else here would know me. Now,to Lilith, I too, am desirous of understanding all three Liliths, and, since she is conjunct my bml, Vesta, both in Gemini 25 degrees in my 5th house. The only major aspect to them is Saturn in Virgo, 8th house 25 degrees. Eventually I hope to achieve a full understanding of all the Goddesses.

ps does anyone have anything to say about Priapus, a point opposite bml, and in classical mythology, he is a short man with a penis larger than the rest of him.