Progressed moon question.

Chrysalis

If someones progressed moon is 4 degrees/months away from the IC and chiron conjunct the IC, does this bring anything, even though in the natal chart moon/chiron are not in aspect ?

IleneK

Premium Member
If someones progressed moon is 4 degrees/months away from the IC and chiron conjunct the IC, does this bring anything, even though in the natal chart moon/chiron are not in aspect ?

I think it may, Chrys.
Normally you would want there to be an aspect reflected natally between the a contacting trans/prog planet and the natal planet. But the way I understand it is that the progressed Moon, like transiting Sun and Mars, is a trigger by itself.

So when prMoon triggers a point like an angle or a body like Chiron, the triggered body or point will highlight its archetypal meaning as reflected by its relationship thoughout the natal chart according to its aspect/reception/dignity/house rulership and so on. This is without regard to if it has an aspect with prMoon or Sun or Mars.

Chrysalis

Thanks illenek.

Ive attached the chart for you to see what im speaking of, ive been looking into progressions, so im looking at my friends son's chart for practise, he's only 10 years old though, is this too young to be taking into account progressions ?

As saturn is the ruler in the 10th and chiron is opposing saturn, could we say this was absent father issues that arise back to the surface for him ?

Would it be useful to take into account transits for this particular time too, to see what's happening with the progressions ?

astro_25gw_hayleys_son_201836.69465.20849_LI.jpg

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks illenek.

Ive attached the chart for you to see what im speaking of, ive been looking into progressions, so im looking at my friends son's chart for practise, he's only 10 years old though, is this too young to be taking into account progressions ?

As saturn is the ruler in the 10th and chiron is opposing saturn, could we say this was absent father issues that arise back to the surface for him ?

Would it be useful to take into account transits for this particular time too, to see what's happening with the progressions ?

View attachment 73669

You are welcome, Chrys.

I don't think ten is too young to take progressions into account to check out the progressed Moon or to see which applying aspects in the natal may be closer to perfection by progression and so therefore amplified, or further separated so less impactful. That is kind of what we look at progressions for: to see how the natal planets unfold and reveal more about the meaning of the natal over time.

Saturn/old father/senex on the MC/10th of the mother opposes Chiron, which in turn symbolizes the deepest wounding from the mother on the IC/4th of the father.

So this to me looks like a very deep wounding from both parents, no doubt in different ways. This seems like a wounding in the child's experience or preception of both mother and father, and parenting and homelife, in general.

prMoon's orb is one degree either side of the planet it contacts. The natal opposition is exact so there is no range of degrees for prMoon to continue to trigger, like if Chiron were 18 and Saturn were 16 degrees. So this triggering from Moon should only last about 2 months or so. Since the contact is from Moon and Moon signifies mother, I would urge your friend to be keenly aware of what she does in this period, like to not speak ill of the absent father, things like that, that might exacerabate the situation for the son.

Progressions are meaningful only to the natal chart. And so are transits only meaningful to the natal. If there were transits to the natal opposition from Sun, Moon, Mars, or Saturn, in the period that prMoon contacts Chiron Saturn, then that would heighten the effect.

And as an aside, you may wish to mention to your friend certainly not to worry or be anxious abou this, for her child will feel it even if she does not express it. In fact, more so than if she does. And also remind her that the main thing to do with contacts to this planetart signature in this child's chart [and really all the time] is to create an ample and safe space filled with love to allow him to have his upset and suffering as it relates to his dad and the world. He will grow well into the world with that.

Chrysalis

You are welcome, Chrys.

I don't think ten is too young to take progressions into account to check out the progressed Moon or to see which applying aspects in the natal may be closer to perfection by progression and so therefore amplified, or further separated so less impactful. That is kind of what we look at progressions for: to see how the natal planets unfold and reveal more about the meaning of the natal over time.

Saturn/old father/senex on the MC/10th of the mother opposes Chiron, which in turn symbolizes the deepest wounding from the mother on the IC/4th of the father.

So this to me looks like a very deep wounding from both parents, no doubt in different ways. This seems like a wounding in the child's experience or preception of both mother and father, and parenting and homelife, in general.

prMoon's orb is one degree either side of the planet it contacts. The natal opposition is exact so there is no range of degrees for prMoon to continue to trigger, like if Chiron were 18 and Saturn were 16 degrees. So this triggering from Moon should only last about 2 months or so. Since the contact is from Moon and Moon signifies mother, I would urge your friend to be keenly aware of what she does in this period, like to not speak ill of the absent father, things like that, that might exacerabate the situation for the son.

Progressions are meaningful only to the natal chart. And so are transits only meaningful to the natal. If there were transits to the natal opposition from Sun, Moon, Mars, or Saturn, in the period that prMoon contacts Chiron Saturn, then that would heighten the effect.
Ive checked transits for this period, well ive checked for the beginning of June time, (as i estimated this aspect being approx exact around this time) and on the 6th june his T sun will be at 15 degrees transiting the 8th house, in an exact trine with this P moon/ic/chiron, now i don't know wether to view this as good/bad, a trine is supposed to be good, but the 8th house is really not, so ive kept this to myself for now as im not 100% what its showing.
And as an aside, you may wish to mention to your friend certainly not to worry or be anxious abou this, for her child will feel it even if she does not express it. In fact, more so than if she does. And also remind her that the main thing to do with contacts to this planetart signature in this child's chart [and really all the time] is to create an ample and safe space filled with love to allow him to have his upset and suffering as it relates to his dad and the world. He will grow well into the world with that.

She's a really great Mum to him, so this is guaranteed.

IleneK

Premium Member
Ive checked transits for this period, well ive checked for the beginning of June time, (as i estimated this aspect being approx exact around this time) and on the 6th june his T sun will be at 15 degrees transiting the 8th house, in an exact trine with this P moon/ic/chiron, now i don't know wether to view this as good/bad, a trine is supposed to be good, but the 8th house is really not, so ive kept this to myself for now as im not 100% what its showing.

She's a really great Mum to him, so this is guaranteed.

What you are looking for, Chrys, are hard aspects (conj, sq, opp) or contacts from malefics (Mars, as already mentioned, and Sat). So a trine from tSun will have an effect, but it will be easier and only within orb for about 20 days. I would be watching more for when tSun does a hard contact every three months.