Unaspected Planets - using Minor configs

Viviene

For a long time I labored under the concept that my Sun was 'unaspected'' - and indeed it is if you only look at so called major aspects (60, 90, 180, 0, 30, 150).

However, I recently found that my Sun is actually heavily enmeshed in a septile dome pattern. I include a link to the visual of this, which includes semi-septiles. Starting with Venus, there is a tight pattern of connected septiles and semi-septiles, which includes my Sun. The tightest aspect in my entire chart turns out to be Sun semi-sept Venus, closely followed by Sun septile Jupiter.

My Sun is also involved in a novile triangle with Saturn and Pluto. I am conducting a research project on minor aspects, and would be most interested in other charts having planets which are unaspected by majors, in order to tease out the influence of the minors (esp the 5, 7 and 9 divisions)

If you click on the following link you can see the dome-like septile pattern in my chart:

http://i.imgur.com/cgseHh1.jpg

demetraceres

Hi, I'm just a beginner in astrology and even my unaspected Sun is a mistery to me. Only recently I started to search for minor aspects in my chart and found out there is a semisquare between Sun and Moon which is allegedly better position than no aspects between luminaries.

But even so I suppose that a planet with no major aspects psychologically functions as an unaspected planet? Or maybe depends on the chart as a whole?

Oh, and I thought inconjunction (150) is considered a minor aspect - at least by some astrologers.

Last edited:

The Ram

By some astrologers...But a lot of astrologers consider it a very powerful aspect. Opinion seems to be going in the direction of the latter as time goes on.

I consider the QuinCunx (inconjunct) a major aspect. From my observation it's as potent for ppl as any of the other 30x aspects.

It makes sense to me, afterall why would every other 30x aspect be major while 150 is minor?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

For a long time I labored under the concept that my Sun was 'unaspected'' - and indeed it is if you only look at so called major aspects (60, 90, 180, 0, 30, 150).

However, I recently found that my Sun is actually heavily enmeshed in a septile dome pattern. I include a link to the visual of this, which includes semi-septiles. Starting with Venus, there is a tight pattern of connected septiles and semi-septiles, which includes my Sun. The tightest aspect in my entire chart turns out to be Sun semi-sept Venus, closely followed by Sun septile Jupiter.

My Sun is also involved in a novile triangle with Saturn and Pluto. I am conducting a research project on minor aspects, and would be most interested in other charts having planets which are unaspected by majors, in order to tease out the influence of the minors (esp the 5, 7 and 9 divisions)

If you click on the following link you can see the dome-like septile pattern in my chart:

http://i.imgur.com/cgseHh1.jpg
Viviene, one may use any one of over thirty different house systems to create a natal chart and fourteen of those house systems are available options on astro.com Extended Chart Selection page for anyone who is interested to experiment

– there's a brief article on 'Whole Sign Houses The Original House System' at
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

QUOTE:

'...It seems human nature always veers towards the more complex ideas or notions in any field, ignoring the truer and simpler ones.

Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing.

A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries, so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today
....'

So, using whole sign houses, your natal Gemini Sun is in whole sign conjunction with your natal Gemini Mercury.

And your natal Sun and Mercury are both in whole sign sextile aspect with your natal Leo Moon
:smile:

Viviene

Thank you for your responses - much appreciated.
I have done pretty extensive research on unaspected planets, and the verdict is out on them, as there are two schools of thought. In brief, one perspective is that the planet is weak, not integrated with the rest of the chart unless triggered by major transits or synastry - and in general looked upon as not desirable at all. The other perspective is that the planet has a pure, archetypal energy and has enormous potential in it's expression. Indeed, many famous, iconic people have an unaspected sun (identity). Off the top of my head - John F Kennedy, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, John Lennon.
I have been casting charts since I was 15 years old, and I am now 58. I have always found that the tighter the orb, the more powerful the aspect. I regard a ten degree conjunction as quite weak, even from the lights (sun and moon).
Hence I have always regarded my Sun as unaspected, until I began my current study of minors, and discovered what some would call a powerful 7th harmonic involving not only my Sun, but also Venus, Mars, Jupiter and the Moon, all entwined in the dome shape you can see by looking at the chart I posted and following the network of orange lines.
In amongst the septile and semi-septile network, my Sun makes a very tight septile to Jupiter - it is within minutes. I can identify with having a Sun-Jupiter aspect in my chart, however the septile is an aspect which is very hard to define. It is neither easy nor difficult, but has a left-field quality to it. I have experienced both very good and very bad runs of luck. This ties in with the septile network - the idea of runs of good or bad luck. I have periods when everything falls into place in an extremely synchronistic fashion - it goes beyond simple good luck. Conversely, I also have shocking runs of bad luck.
I believe this comes down to transits/progressions to my septa-dome, involving so many planets.
I do find the 150 to be a major aspect - and a difficult one at that. I personally do not have any 150s, but I have observed them in the charts of many people, and they are strong and quite difficult/inharmonious.
Currently I have transiting Saturn 150 to my Sun, and it is very restrictive. I also have Neptune transiting square to my Sun - so the combination is a real dark cloud effect. I am unsure, subject to covert gossip at work, and also suffering from recurrent vertigo. I had to spend the whole day in bed spinning out last week - very Neptunian! Hence my Sun is under quite a strain. Soon Uranus will form a transiting septile to my Sun as well, and will also bi-septile my Jupiter and feed the whole septa-dome. That will be interesting. I am wondering whether it will trigger good or bad luck, given that Jupiter is involved and I have a natal Jup/Uranus conjunction. Usually transits to my Jupiter are pretty good. I will wait and see :)

Last edited:

Zeloim

Unaspected planets are a fascinating topic. There doesn't seem to be very much online about them. My Uranus is unaspected in the 11th.

Viviene

I would be most interested to hear your experience of your unaspected Uranus, Zeloim. I often think of Uranus in the 11th as being quite charismatic in groups, having a Star-like quality to it (although I realize a twelfth of people have this position)

I wonder if you would be prepared to post your chart, so I can check that Uranus out for minors, particularly to any personal planets :)

Zeloim

I think more alien-like than star-like! :sideways: I certainly stand out in a crowd, but don't always fit in. And that's not always a good thing. But if you want to see my chart, that's cool.

Attachments

• astrolo.gif
    astrolo.gif
    51.6 KB · Views: 42

dr. farr

With the ancient concept of platik aspects (sign to sign based aspects rather than degree based aspects), which was universally followed in Greco-Roman astrology and still is followed in Vedic astrology, it actually becomes rather "difficult" for a planet not to be aspected! Only really "unaspected" places would be in the sign immediately before and the sign immediately after the sign of that planet's position-any planets in any other of the signs, would be in some type of platik (by sign) aspect, to that planet.
Me? Yeah I give preference to aspects (and declination Parallels) by degrees; but I do fall back on these "by sign" aspects (platik aspects) for planets not aspected by degree (and not in Parallel of declination).

Viviene

Cheers Dr. Farr :) Certainly if you take the platik methodology, one would never be without aspects, or very rarely so. Nonetheless, I too use degree orbs, and find them most useful. Interestingly, by declination, my "unaspected" Sun has a parallel of declination to Jupiter and Uranus.
However, my purpose here is to try to tease out the influence of the so-called minors. I am wondering if you have ever read the book by Nick Kollerstrom called The Eureka Effect, which is a study of the high correlation between Eureka Moments in scientific breakthroughs and septiles and quintiles in the scientists' natal charts, and for the moment itself. It is indeed an illuminating book, and since Nick is a PHD scientist himself, as well as being an accomplished astrologer, the study is extremely rigorous.
Zeloim, thank you for posting your chart and confirming that you do indeed, stand out in a crowd. This is my experience of those with Uranus in the 11th, as I said. I do note that your Uranus is not entirely lacking in conventionally used aspects. For instance it forms the midpoint of a sextile between Saturn and Jupiter. That is, your Uranus is very closely semi-sextile both Sat and Jup on either side. There is also a 135 semi-square to Mercury. I am wondering how you experience that. The semi-square can be quite difficult - and could indicate a difficulty in communication - an eccentric or offbeat style? I am most curious. Cheers!

Krewster

Because my Moon and Merc are peacefully aspected to each other and Nept and Pluto (majors-only), feedback that, to the contrary, I can be nervous/edgy fell on deaf ears for a long time...

until discovering my Moon's tightest aspect, bi-septile Uran - 48 min and confirming its effect in other charts.

The process really changed who I think I am.

Viviene

Zeloim, I have been checking out your Uranus for aspects, particularly those to personal planets, and have discovered that you have several interesting so-called minors. We might take these one or two at a time, if you are interested. I include a link to an image of your chart showing the aspects to your Uranus.

1. The closest aspect in your chart is actually that 135 from Mercury to Uranus. Very nervous energy I should imagine. Red line

2. The Moon is in a tri-semiseptile to Uranus as well - also a very on edge - follow the brown line between the two. Krewster has just posted that he experiences a nervous energy from having a 7 series between the Moon and Uranus. You too?

3. Uranus and Pluto are in a nova-yod to your Sun - follow the purple lines. A novile is a kind of refined trine - it is of the same family as the trine (division of the circle by 9, so it contains the trine or div by 3). This is a very interesting config indeed! Noviles generally indicate pleasure taken in activities indicated by the planets involved. The arms of the Yod are quadranoviles (4 times a novile). Combine this with the Sun opp Mars and I would expect you to be something of a daredevil! Is this the case. I am most interested in this Yod of yours! Cheers. Here is the link to your chart, showing your minors, along with a list of your closest aspects on the left hand side.
http://i.imgur.com/gYfe2NG.jpg

Last edited:

Zeloim

Zeloim, I have been checking out your Uranus for aspects, particularly those to personal planets, and have discovered that you have several interesting so-called minors. We might take these one or two at a time, if you are interested. I include a link to an image of your chart showing the aspects to your Uranus.

1. The closest aspect in your chart is actually that 135 from Mercury to Uranus. Very nervous energy I should imagine. Red line

2. The Moon is in a tri-semiseptile to Uranus as well - also a very on edge - follow the brown line between the two. Krewster has just posted that he experiences a nervous energy from having a 7 series between the Moon and Uranus. You too?

3. Uranus and Pluto are in a nova-yod to your Sun - follow the purple lines. A novile is a kind of refined trine - it is of the same family as the trine (division of the circle by 9, so it contains the trine or div by 3). This is a very interesting config indeed! Noviles generally indicate pleasure taken in activities indicated by the planets involved. The arms of the Yod are quadranoviles (4 times a novile). Combine this with the Sun opp Mars and I would expect you to be something of a daredevil! Is this the case. I am most interested in this Yod of yours! Cheers. Here is the link to your chart, showing your minors, along with a list of your closest aspects on the left hand side.
http://i.imgur.com/gYfe2NG.jpg

Oh wow, thanks Viviene! That was unexpected. And slightly baffling, as I am still something of a novice in this field. I certainly resonate with what you said about being 'on edge'. I have a daily yoga/meditation practice that takes the edge off this, but that only comes through continuous effort.

What you said about the Yod is very interesting. You are not wrong in the slightest. This was why, four years ago, I decided, with no financial resources to speak of, to move to Scotland!

I'm going to research these minors in greater detail. Keep up the good work! :joyful:

Viviene

A daring move indeed Zeloim! I too am a novice with the so-called minors, and have started to think of them as not-so-minor! Certainly, with the plethora of septiles (div by 7) in my own chart, I have had much food for thought. I have gone from thinking of my Sun as 'unaspected' to being enmeshed in a complex chain of aspects in a septa-dome. I am yet to fully comprehend what that implies, and hence I am reaching out to others - particularly to people who have planets unaspected by traditional 'majors'. This will make it easier to isolate how minors to these planets play out in real life.

I am certainly not surprised that you need to constantly work on calming down that jittery and erratic moon - uranus sept and merc uranus 135! Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Given that the novile is considered as having a kind of distilled and refined trine energy, I would imagine that your daring move may have worked out well for you? Are you physically daring as well? Also, do you have any special talents that you might otherwise associate with a Sun trine Uranus or Sun trine Pluto type of energy? I ask this since the novile series is related to the trine (as I said the trine is contained within the novile series) Cheers and thanks!

raqun

Hello Viviene, I'm very new here too (and to astrology). I came to your thread after Krewster suggested that I participate in it, because of my mostly unaspected Venus. If you have time you can read trough my thread at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64859 . It includes my chart.

Since about a 1-2 years ago I have major problems with trust, pessimism and anxiety towards unknown (but also unbelievable drive to understand.. well everything :) ). They have been there before in the background but i believe my Saturn transit turned the knob.

When looking at my chart after reading here, i also noticed that I have a very tight quintile aspect(0'18/0'02) between my Mars and my also very tight Pluto/Sun conjunction(0'15). Also a septile betwen Saturn an Jupiter(0'48).

Ty, take care.

Last edited:

Zeloim

A daring move indeed Zeloim! I too am a novice with the so-called minors, and have started to think of them as not-so-minor! Certainly, with the plethora of septiles (div by 7) in my own chart, I have had much food for thought. I have gone from thinking of my Sun as 'unaspected' to being enmeshed in a complex chain of aspects in a septa-dome. I am yet to fully comprehend what that implies, and hence I am reaching out to others - particularly to people who have planets unaspected by traditional 'majors'. This will make it easier to isolate how minors to these planets play out in real life.

I am certainly not surprised that you need to constantly work on calming down that jittery and erratic moon - uranus sept and merc uranus 135! Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Given that the novile is considered as having a kind of distilled and refined trine energy, I would imagine that your daring move may have worked out well for you? Are you physically daring as well? Also, do you have any special talents that you might otherwise associate with a Sun trine Uranus or Sun trine Pluto type of energy? I ask this since the novile series is related to the trine (as I said the trine is contained within the novile series) Cheers and thanks!

Well, the move involved volunteering with a homeless charity in Edinburgh. A hostel/halfway house for the young and homeless. I lived there for 12 months. I have always been strongly drawn to the Humanitarian professions.(Which is very Uranian.) I even applied to volunteer in Gaza. Twice. Would you class that as daring? :lol: I'm also drawn to esoteric activities, my energized meditation practice is part of that. I'd be curious to hear more from other users about their 'unaspected' planets.

Viviene

@Zeloim, yes I would definitely consider volunteering in Gaza as a daring move! I would also consider that type of action - helping the homeless, standing up for the disempowered as illustrative of your nova-yod to the sun from uranus and pluto! A strong drive to transform. Congratulations on your work and thanks for the feedback.

Viviene

Raqun, thanks so much for contributing your chart, with it's scantily clad venus - major aspect wise. Here is a link to your chart showing the minors and a list of your closest aspects:
http://i.imgur.com/JMymvf5.jpg

I read your brief precis of your life on the other thread you provided the link for, and it seems that love plays a big role. Looking at the minors to your Venus I am not surprised.

Your very concentrated chart is encompassed by a triangular formation involving Sun/Pluto quintile Mars and then up to Venus. That is a very passionate configuration indeed! Just follow the yellow lines to see the triangle - and look over to the list on the left. The yellow arms from the Mars quintile Sun/Pluto make that triangle with Venus.

You say you were the cool kid in high school and never any problems getting the girls. Again not surprising with such an attractive combo. The quintile is a terrific aspect, with a lot of talent in the areas symbolised by the planets involved. A shame about the Moon conjunct Saturn putting a damper on things with the ladies - but it does explain why you have long-lived relationships, which is not a bad thing. Revenge and jealousy are part and parcel of such a Scorpionic chart. Hurt runs deep.

The Moon is also involved in a septile with Jupiter, triangulating up to Uranus. Hence I would think you need a degree of excitement in your life too, and despite the Moon/Saturn you would be drawn to unusual women and experiences. A most unusual chart, as it is so concentrated. I

With the Capricorn Mars I would also suspect a lot of ambition, and since it is tied up with your determined Sun/Pluto in equally determined Scorpio, I expect you are a very driven and hardworking person. You don't get straight A grades at school without hard work.

A Systems engineer you say? Again not surprising given that nice tight semi-sextile between your Mercury and Uranus - both at 11 degrees. The 30 is very much overlooked I believe, and gives a lot of finely honed ability in the areas of the planets involved, if you are prepared to put in the energy. Very bright.