any insight surrounding career/love life?

Ecliptique

Hello tdwvs,

last year the transits of Saturn and Uranus were significant for you. The transit of Uranus is about to end.

With the transits of Mars and Neptune this year, you now need to be certain about your aspirations, this is what will make you appreciated. Your evolution will begin to take place from September 2022 when you will want to assert yourself in your aspirations by sticking to them while knowing how to make yourself loved. You tend to be decided about what you want to do in order to fulfill yourself. It will lead you to have a personal conviction, a faith in relation to what is problematic by being willful and persuaded, which will awaken your mind on what you must do. This will contribute to wanting to overcome obstacles to be appreciated, which will have an impact on you and will promote the relationship with others. This will condition your ability to assert yourself and want to achieve your goals, guaranteeing your development and what will be of value to you.

You can come back to take stock of the completed transits. Next year you will have the marking transit from Jupiter to natal Jupiter and Neptune. I will give you my interpretation of this upcoming transit.

Good continuation.

Ecliptique. :smile:

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
It's natural to not think much about your career before you get to university. After all, you don't have one yet, and very few people know at that point what kind of career they want, and more often than not, those who think they know what kind of career they want end up changing their minds.

Your career will reflect your midheaven in some way, because careers always do. But for every midheaven configuration there is, there are many careers that could work. If you want to explore your chart in relation to career, the most helpful place to start would be with what careers you're considering.

That you've never been much concerned about your love life, I see reflected in your chart. You don't have any planets in your seventh house, so the only planet with significant say over the relationship arena of your life is your seventh house ruler. That's Mercury, and it's unaspected.

When a planet is unaspected, it does its own thing. Its topics are often disconnected, in some way. If the unaspected planet rules your love life, and there are no other planets with say over that part of your chart, you may not have much interest in having a love life. You may feel a partner is unnecessary. You may feel completely disconnected from the concerns about dating and liking people and all that, that everyone else seems to have.

That could change if you meet someone you take an interest in, but then it would be about that particular person, not about the idea of having a mate.

Since your seventh house ruler is not only unaspected, it's Mercury, there's another card to turn over here: Mercury is the queer planet. It does its own thing. Traditionally, Mercury can change genders, it's the wild card, and it doesn't play by anyone's rules. An unaspected Mercury ruling your relationship house could mean there's something unusual about the way relationships work for you, something unusual about your sexuality, or both. Since you also have a lot of Aquarius in your chart, including your Sun, I'm especially inclined to think it plays out that way, though only you know if that's the case.

paul1

(Edited taking into account the following post) The north node is in Geminii and south in Sagittarius. These indicate what skills are already acquired (S), and what area needs to be developed (G). Saturn the teacher in G accentuates this, which means true communication skills and meaningful group activity need to be worked at rather than speeding through situations. Therefore any vocations suggested by G which develop better communication would be beneficial. The remainder of the chart such as Sun in A and Jupiter in L indicate potential for success in these areas if the challenge can be overcome.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
The north node is in Sagittarius and south in Geminii.

No, it's the other way around. This :northnode: is the north node glyph. This :southnode: is the south node glyph. In the chart, which do you see where?

And it has to be the other way around given the poster's age. They just started university. That makes them about 18 or 19: node return age. In the past year, the north node went through Gemini, not Sagittarius.

jac

hi! recently started university and the sudden realization that i need to start worrying about things such as my career and even love life has finally dawned on me. i've always been less than sure about both these topics, and also unsuccessful, whether from disinterest or the planets hating me, i don't know.

could anyone tell me anything about these? i've tried looking into it myself but to call myself underqualified would be the understatement of the century.

thanks in advance!

Soon as I saw your post, I thought: Gotta be an Aquarius. LOL

Osamenor

Staff member
you're so correct to say not thinking about career before university is normal, however with the place i live in the need to start thinking is practically shoved down your throat from age 14! in that case, i'm really late, and i went into university choosing to do the one thing i know i can do well, but it is not exactly what i want to do. i am currently majoring in english, but after checking my midheaven like you said, i don't see any of that being reflected in the career path i've basically forced myself to take.
And what is the career path you're forcing yourself to take? What do you expect your English major to lead to?

about three years ago i went to someone who claimed to have a way with the stars, and they said it's in the stars that i would always put love second. something about venus and capricorn and all that. i didn't believe them, but maybe i should've.
Venus in Capricorn isn't the reason. Capricorn might give you a pragmatic approach to relationships, but having Venus there does not, in and of itself, make for the kind of approach you're describing.

However, that tight square between your Venus and your Moon may play a part. That puts your feelings, your emotional desires (Moon) in friction, or conflict, with relating (Venus). The other relevant pieces--unaspected Mercury with sole say over your seventh house, Sun in detached Aquarius in the detached twelfth house--add to that picture. Put it all together, and it looks like you are, in general, detached from the romantic scene.

When several parts of your chart point to the same thing, it shows up very strongly in your life. That's what we call strong testimony.

nevertheless, i have this deep desire to be loved. it's almost as if i physically need to build a connection with everyone, whether i like them or not. i always need this deep connection with them, despite not really wanting one. it's less of a "want" and more of a "need," if that makes any sense.
I see your Moon/Venus square in that.

so, i hope that one person comes, like you said, and this habit is gone for good.
That one person coming, if it happens, won't change your approach to relating. That's innate. What I meant by that was that I didn't think you'd be interested in romance in general, and certainly not in having a relationship for the sake of having a relationship, but if you find someone you're interested in, then you could be interested in having a relationship with that person.

and the last part is so insanely interesting! i never thought this aspect of me translated astrologically. it's something i tend to keep to myself, and it's also a big part of why i tend to be unsuccessful in this topic. when you said "both," it really resonated with me, because it really is. i've never been in a usual relationship, with them always taking some bizarre turn where when i tell my friends about it the only reaction i get is them staring at me, eyes all incredulous and screaming "please tell me you're joking." :andy: the latter part of that statement is also true, but there's not much to say about that.

If I understand correctly, what you've described is being somewhere on the aromantic spectrum? If your way of doing relationships is aromantic (or even just kind of sort of aromantic), then the people who would get it, and who you could best relate to, would be aromantic themselves.

creativei

hi! recently started university and the sudden realization that i need to start worrying about things such as my career and even love life has finally dawned on me. i've always been less than sure about both these topics, and also unsuccessful, whether from disinterest or the planets hating me, i don't know.

could anyone tell me anything about these? i've tried looking into it myself but to call myself underqualified would be the understatement of the century.

thanks in advance!

Can u say birth place? 😊

creativei

Education is good you may be doing professional course. Like legal/medical indeed you shine well in education you work for what you study though there may be some obstacles n setback in education in the end you make it sure. You also have one bitter experience in love college. You take that till end of your bteath. Father n friends r very helpful mind often gets distracted n dejected. Marrige happens late spouse comes from distant land. Only aftr getting into many relationship you marry atlast. Cant able to fix guy quick. Profession will have many changes n cuts. Yet still it moves on. You are your no 1 enemy. With stubborn nature not bending attitude u miss many good things in life. Will settle another place after marriage. Irreligious or change your religion for loved one. Very lean but pretty enjoys other wealth property. Life is good not major problems. Possible of meeting spouse from workplace. You also experience sudden loss of loved one this dasa.n it impact u for some time..for now concentrate on education love happens indeed even your lover comes to your home often lover comes from west side hubby comes from east side. Hehe 😊 since east id strong you marry as per parents wish only esp dad.. But even after marriage you continue friendly relationship with lovers 😜 🙏

Osamenor

Staff member
woah, that’s nice to hear! i was basically told venus in capricorn was more of a curse than a placement, it’s bugged me for years. :D
Are you sure the person who told you that said the curse was Venus in Capricorn, not Venus square Moon?

Saying a placement in your chart is a curse is shoddy astrology. Placements can be challenging, in some cases, but that's not the same thing. Another way astrologers describe placements that make them sound like curses is using words like fall, detriment, poorly placed, or weak. Those words do have astrological meaning, but not quite the same as what they mean in general use.

Certain signs don't showcase a planet that strongly; those are the planet's fall or detriment signs. When a planet is in fall or detriment, it's rather like it's wearing clothes that don't fit quite right. However, Capricorn is not a fall or detriment sign for Venus.

Venus square Moon isn't really a curse either, although it would make more sense if someone interpreted it that way. Squares are considered difficult aspects, because they're friction. Planets in square always want, and need, completely different, usually irreconcilable, things.

I suppose we could regard that square as a bit extra challenging because of the sign placements involved. Moon's fall sign is Capricorn, and one of Venus's fall signs is Aries. So while Moon doesn't dislike Aries and Venus doesn't dislike Capricorn, they find each other's placements uncomfortable. That's been described as the planets disliking each other's clothes, or more succinctly, mutual aversion.

In practical terms, you're experiencing that conflict for yourself: conflicting very strong needs that both show up in how you relate to people.

i’ve only ever been involved with people who were (for lack of a better word) obsessed with me rather than mutually interested. it created an uneven balance in the relationship and was the source of the many bizarre things happening

That is a pitfall of your Pluto placement. The midheaven doesn't just represent your career, it also represents your public image. How you're seen from a distance. How your public, whatever your public is, sees you.

Planets at your midheaven tend to draw a certain kind of response, again and again. When I was just starting to get into astrology, someone--who did not know me at all, except, slightly, online--looked at my chart and said, "People see you as an oddball, but an oddball who gets along with others." Very true, and I have Uranus in Libra on my midheaven.

In your case, the planet right at your midheaven is Pluto. That's the most alluring and deadly of the planets. It invites obsession. It stands for power.

Usually, when people get obsessed with another person, they perceive that other person as having power that they themselves lack. That's a Pluto thing. You may or may not feel that powerful yourself, but you show power to others, unconsciously, just by being. And as you've seen, this Pluto power can really get out of hand.

Incidentally, Pluto also represents the taboo... and sexuality. Mars, also close to your midheaven, is also associated with sexuality. Those placements in a person with atypical sexuality could lend themselves to a public image created by making that known. I think, if you wanted to, you could become a public face for whatever kind of atypical sexuality you have. And define public however you will. It could mean being known for that in your community, or social media fame, or something like that. Or, who knows, bigger.

i would not say i am on the aromantic spectrum as i do desire romantic connection and things alike but it’s more about how i am as a person that makes it harder. i’m closed off and seemingly aloof so it makes things very difficult. i think you can form long lasting platonic bonds while being like this as i have a lot of very close friends, but it makes a romantic connection forming harder.
I misinterpreted, then. But it does still look, to me, like having romance in your life is probably not your top priority.

If you're dealing with a difference in sexuality, too, it may take gaining more comfort with that, and being ready to be out, to make romantic connections happen.

there’s not much you can do with that degree especially where i’m from, and the only thing it can really lead you is academia or something surrounding communication (something along the lines of corporate communications, marketing, etc.) i’m not the best with either of these things, and they don’t excite me much either.
Academia can be described by Sagittarius. There's that. But Sagittarius also describes law (everything from lawyers to cops to judges to politicians) and religion and philosophy and travel and foreigners. And, more generally, doing things for the sake of experiencing them. If one manifestation of Sagittarius doesn't speak to you, look to others.

Pluto at the midheaven opens up even more possibilities, and makes choosing the right sort of career all the more crucial: if you choose something that doesn't resonate for you, planets at the midheaven get especially problematic, and Pluto tends to be problematic just as it is. To name a few possibilities: Pluto rules what's underground, so if you have any interest in geology, you could study that and be a mining consultant. Or design sewer systems (that's a whole subset of urban planning). Or go with the muckraking side of Pluto: Pluto exposes things. Investigative journalist. Documentarian. Those are Plutonian careers, and typically involve travel, too.

That's not an exhaustive list, either. Just a few ideas to start the brainstorming.