Party Planning

Kitchy

Banned
Who loves to plan parties?

I have Sun in 7th - Moon in 11th and Venus rules 4th and 11th.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I love to plan parties, get togethers, reunions.

I have Moon Gemini in 11th and POF in 5th - Scorpio on 5th cusp. I'm pretty good at knowing how a crowd likes to have fun.

However, I'm not sure if it's because I'm more interested in people having a good time (5th) house or if it's because I always do a bang-up party table of nibbles and goods (Venus ruled 4th) which folks always enjoy.

My 24' Libra IC. squares my Jup-Sat 19' & 22' Cap - so I always think I haven't made enough food because it disappears quickly. Not like I'm a Wolfgang Puck - far from it - but I put together a mess of goods that everyone likes and the only clean up is usually the condiments. I tend to go overboard on those things.

Music - I love to create party mixes to capture a "vibe" of the party I hope for. As well, I always like to do a little astrology or tarot on the side for the ones who seem interested.

Entertainment 5th house - keeping people coming back - is an obvious chart position to look for - as well as planning Merc and Saturn and Venus - how to pull it off.

Who are other party planners - and what is the astrology, what you think, of your chart and your love for planning parties?

The worst party I ever planned was for a friend whose husband had just gotten out of the Army - Afghanistan - after 3 tours of duty, and I was thinking - this guy want's a family friend happy past party - so I organized photos of his life from his wife and mom and made a powerpoint - but then a bunch of drunk@ss soldiers showed up and started making bad jokes about war in sad ways with the history pictures and pretty much everybody got bummed and left or got really drunk with them and started talking bawdy. I could understand the connection, but it was an epic fail on my part.

That is when I discovered the beauty of event astrology.

That party was on a Full Moon squaring Saturn and trining a Merc Jupiter conjunction.

Live and learn.

Anyway - a two-fold thread: who gets a jive out of party planning and what is some of the worst astrology you planned it under.

anjelik

I LOVE hosting and having parties in my home or even a themed day out like Ugly Christmas Sweater brunches when I lived in NYC and my apartment was a shoebox. I actually had a BBQ with 40 people once when I had a large private outdoor terrace. I remember when I spotted some random girls in my apartment and when I asked who they were they said, "We were in the lobby and Bobby invited us up!" I was like, "ummm no, please leave. Thank you." I didn't need some random people potentially stealing stuff from my home! When we bought our home it was really important to me that the floor plan was open so that we could easily entertain. I am not big on dinner parties where it is very rigid, but I do love having friends over for family style meals.

I too have a Gemini Moon (in the 4th house). 4th house is Venus ruled where my Moon sits. I always put out a good spread of food - sometimes my husband says I overdo it, but I think having good food and music is key to a good party. I always have music going as soon as the day begins as I am preparing food to get me in a good mood.

My 11th house is ruled by Jupiter - so my parties are always quite epic and legendary. I have never had a boring party and always have a good turn out. Sometimes too many people come and it is a little over crowded, but I have a difficult time cutting down the list!

Even my wedding was over the top and non-stop dancing from the second the music started until 2am. This was the day before a solar eclipse, so the energy was pretty wild. I know it was my wedding, so it is a biased opinion, but to me the key to a great party is lack of people using their phones and taking pictures and after my wedding almost none of my friends had any photos (that’s usually a gage for me, if I am not interested in taking photos I must be having such a good time), so thank goodness we had a photographer! Moon was exact opposition at 7 degrees Aries to Mercury at 7 degrees Libra and wide conjunction from the Sun at 13 degrees Aries. Jupiter in Leo lit up all three of those planets with trines/sextiles. It was in the 11th house when we said “I do,” Sun/Mercury in the 7th and Moon in the 1st.

I have Mercury (H5) trine Saturn (H8) and Saturn square Venus (H1).

I can’t think of a bad party I’ve planned, to be honest. Maybe I blocked them out? Ha! But I do think the energy of the hosts sets the tone of the party and my husband and I are pretty good hosts.

I am going to try and have a Halloween Party this year to see how that goes over with my English pals. Everyone seems so against dressing up as an adult! It's fun to act silly!

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
I LOVE hosting and having parties in my home or even a themed day out like Ugly Christmas Sweater brunches when I lived in NYC and my apartment was a shoebox. I actually had a BBQ with 40 people once when I had a large private outdoor terrace. I remember when I spotted some random girls in my apartment and when I asked who they were they said, "We were in the lobby and Bobby invited us up!" I was like, "ummm no, please leave. Thank you." I didn't need some random people potentially stealing stuff from my home! When we bought our home it was really important to me that the floor plan was open so that we could easily entertain. I am not big on dinner parties where it is very rigid, but I do love having friends over for family style meals.

I too have a Gemini Moon (in the 4th house). 4th house is Venus ruled where my Moon sits. I always put out a good spread of food - sometimes my husband says I overdo it, but I think having good food and music is key to a good party. I always have music going as soon as the day begins as I am preparing food to get me in a good mood.

My 5th house is ruled by Jupiter - so my parties are always quite epic and legendary. I have never had a boring party and always have a good turn out. Sometimes too many people come and it is a little over crowded, but I have a difficult time cutting down the list!

Even my wedding was over the top and non-stop dancing from the second the music started until 2am. This was the day before a solar eclipse, so the energy was pretty wild. I know it was my wedding, so it is a biased opinion, but to me the key to a great party is lack of people using their phones and taking pictures and after my wedding almost none of my friends had any photos (that’s usually a gage for me, if I am not interested in taking photos I must be having such a good time), so thank goodness we had a photographer! Moon was exact opposition at 7 degrees Aries to Mercury at 7 degrees Libra and wide conjunction from the Sun at 13 degrees Aries. Jupiter in Leo lit up all three of those planets with trines/sextiles. It was in the 11th house when we said “I do,” Sun/Mercury in the 7th and Moon in the 1st.

I have Mercury (H5) trine Saturn (H8) and Saturn square Venus (H1).

I can’t think of a bad party I’ve planned, to be honest. Maybe I blocked them out? Ha! But I do think the energy of the hosts sets the tone of the party and my husband and I are pretty good hosts.

I am going to try and have a Halloween Party this year to see how that goes over with my English pals. Everyone seems so against dressing up as an adult! It's fun to act silly!

How did I miss this post? I'm going to read it voraciously now.

Abby83

I rarely host a party, but when I do, it's extravagant, as in, a huge celebration. Not really a small get together. I would spend a lot of money on it to entertain others only to find others don't appreciate it, yet I don't know why, other than my 5th house ruler receiving 12th and 7th house rulers in my 11th house. So that's probably it. But having Neptune as 5th house ruler in 2nd house, lots of money is spent and the evening is a total dreamy Cinderella type of fantasy with sparkling bits here and there and an abundance of food. Ppl usually ask me 'why did you go overboard?' But it's just me. I cant have anything less. Unfortunately ppl seem to be more focused on the extravagance than they are on having fun at the celebrations I plan. I pay attention to the little details of beauty which must be the Neptune trine venus.

Kitchy

Banned
Thank you Anjelik and Abby for joining in.

Parties are definitely 5th and 11th - just like Sun and Uranus - the attendees and the performers.

7th house in the mix usually makes for harmonious parties, I've seen.

Know your attendees

I love that show "Below Deck" with the yachtie crew - before each 'event/sail' they get a dossier on their attendees - know enough about them to appeal to their preference.

Moon Saturn at work there - knowing who has been invited and the kind of fun that they resonate to. Fun = comfort zone.

I've actually left some of my favorite co-workers of past out of party invites at given times - not out of spite or malice - but in respectful decency - (Jupiter Saturn 6th Cap) because I knew enough about them to know that they wouldn't dig the scene and I wouldn't want to put them on the spot to decline or not show up. No hard feelings in practicality. Once though, one of my best neighbor co-workers said up front, "I heard you had a party last week" - and we both knew it was direct that she heard from someone else. I knew it was something that I had no control over - other people's "talk" - but I told her straight up as she asked - "girl...people were smokin' bowls and dirty dancing and I know that is not your thing. Sorry."

She hugged me and said, "I figure that, I just need to know" - ;) and many a future party I had she was always there.

I am sad for my relocation though, because I live in a new town of 2 years, and I only know a couple of people - several neighbors of the hi and how you doing and here's some cherries plums things, but not much of "hey, we're having a party at the end of the month and I hope you'll show up" thing

note to Anjelik -

My husband and I both love Halloween. He likes the creepy scary stuff and I like the 'characters' of genies and princesses and bumble bees, and we are working on two T.V. boxes painted as black and white Dice and we are going to be wearing those and passing out home made caramel apples this year - little mini caramel apple pops from our dwarf and drought ridden green apple tree - the size of golf balls with crushed peanuts that we have left over from feeding the scrub jays this winter (air packed nuts we but a buttload of in November).

Anyway - I digress.

Know your audience, right?

What I love most about party planning though - is the menu. I learned early on as an awkward adolescent/teen, that the best social area for a host at a party was the buffet / food table.

I know it's proper to have proper greetings for guests at arrival, but I don't like the bother - I want them to walk in on their own, awkward as it is, find the person who invited them and then let me feed them and let them run loose free as they will. Or something along those lines. If I greet a guest at a door - it's awkward for both of us.

Know me if you want to know my parties, I guess. That Scorpio 5th of mine.

- if I stationed myself there, I got to spend good time with everyone through the party - in there coming and going. That Jup Cap in 6th wins out on keeping on top of empty plates and clutter etc., so I'll be in and out of the kitchen many times - making things easier for myself the next day.

MOST IMPORTANT - to me - Moon ruled 12th - Lighting. Mood Lighting.

Where are your Moons and what does that tell you about the glow you like in your party planning?

Last edited:

Abby83

I've actually left some of my favorite co-workers of past out of party invites at given times - not out of spite or malice - but in respectful decency - (Jupiter Saturn 6th Cap) because I knew enough about them to know that they wouldn't dig the scene and I wouldn't want to put them on the spot to decline or not show up. No hard feelings in practicality. Once though, one of my best neighbor co-workers said up front, "I heard you had a party last week" - and we both knew it was direct that she heard from someone else. I knew it was something that I had no control over - other people's "talk" - but I told her straight up as she asked - "girl...people were smokin' bowls and dirty dancing and I know that is not your thing. Sorry."

Gee you're nice! I'm amazed you can pick up on those little details about a person and know they wont enjoy the party. I myself would be offended if I wasn't invited. I will admit that I am hopeless at knowing if a person wants to go or not. In my head I think everyone deserves an invite, so I give it a shot. But yes, there are some ppl who would feel out of place at the party and therefore shouldn't go. However my mentality is different to yours. I start thinking well, say it's a party to celebrate something of mine, like a baby shower, I think that true friends should go even if they are not into babies. Maybe I'm wrong in saying so but that's my opinion because it's an important part of life. However, I have had an occasion where I didn't invite someone to a party because I thought she wouldn't be interested, but she got very upset. The problem with me is that all of my friends are so different, how on earth do you please everyone? You cant. In other words, I focus on doing the party I want and if ppl want to come or not it's their choice. They can decline and if they feel uncomfortable going they usually give me an excuse.

Abby83

"Know me if you want to know my parties, I guess. That Scorpio 5th of mine."

Kitchy, I like this way of thinking :).

You ask about the moon? My moon is ruler of 9th house and is in 1st house conjunct Jupiter, primary ruler of 5th house. What I do know is that my parties usually have a religious tone eg: christenings. (I'm organising a christening for my friend right now, of course with a little bit of tension because that Jupiter squares venus mars in 11th house, and Jupiter also rules 2nd house, so money is always an issue). But anyway, for bad or good, religion is highlighted, and in my 1st house I feel a bit vulnerable about it. PPl judge me too much on the expected family traditions and stupid things like whether I'm going to name my kids after the grandparents or whether I'm going to stick to the traditions/religious beliefs of having a certain type of ceremony or dress etc. Too much focus on that and what I religiously represent or what my beliefs are. Beliefs are shown strongly.

Oh and 5th house cusp being pisces, I usually have to make sacrifices in the planning of the party. Sacrifices to suit other ppl.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Not a big party person, let alone party planning :lol: LOL. I have Sun in the 7th House too, but Saturn in the 3rd and Pluto in the 11th, so I guess that's why.

anjelik

7th house rules my moon - so other people! :) People, people, people. I find they are most important to having a good party. Moon is opposite Uranus, so I have an eclectic friendship circle. I like to have different groups of people and mix all of them together. Jupiter rules my 11th house and applies to my 5th house ruler (Mercury). The moon also makes a trine to Venus, which is my 4th house ruler - which is probably why I love hosting parties and having friends over.

I don't need a reason to celebrate, just like to have people around and prefer more casual settings. I even said the other night that my favourite times have always been impromptu nights - going into a night not expecting something always turns out to be the most fun. I find with over the top and contrived sort of parties that you are sometimes left disappointed. Which is why I try to keep all of my events low key and they are kind of spur of the moment (at most 2 week in advance invitation).

Abby83

7th house rules my moon - so other people! :) People, people, people. I find they are most important to having a good party. Moon is opposite Uranus, so I have an eclectic friendship circle. I like to have different groups of people and mix all of them together. Jupiter rules my 11th house and applies to my 5th house ruler (Mercury). The moon also makes a trine to Venus, which is my 4th house ruler - which is probably why I love hosting parties and having friends over.

I don't need a reason to celebrate, just like to have people around and prefer more casual settings. I even said the other night that my favourite times have always been impromptu nights - going into a night not expecting something always turns out to be the most fun. I find with over the top and contrived sort of parties that you are sometimes left disappointed. Which is why I try to keep all of my events low key and they are kind of spur of the moment (at most 2 week in advance invitation).

I would have to agree with you in saying that spur of the moment events turn out to be the best ones. The unexpected ones. I know it's a little off topic, but my relationships were best unexpected. The night I met my husband was like this. It was a Friday night and I was extremely tired, eating loads of chocolate to keep me awake at 7pm. A friend popped by to give me a belated bday present and said she was going out to play pool with the other friends and wanted to know if ill go. I decided to go. With all my decent clothes in the wash and nothing but dodgy jeans and an unflattering long sleeved top to wear, I slipped on a pair of black slippers without realising I left the white socks on (yuck) and I slapped on eye liner and lip gloss in 30 secs. When I arrived I saw my husband straight away with his friends on another table and I knew he was 'the one', but I was shooting myself for wearing such daggy clothes. To this day, I cant believe he wanted to go out with me! :love:

anjelik

I would have to agree with you in saying that spur of the moment events turn out to be the best ones. The unexpected ones. I know it's a little off topic, but my relationships were best unexpected. The night I met my husband was like this. It was a Friday night and I was extremely tired, eating loads of chocolate to keep me awake at 7pm. A friend popped by to give me a belated bday present and said she was going out to play pool with the other friends and wanted to know if ill go. I decided to go. With all my decent clothes in the wash and nothing but dodgy jeans and an unflattering long sleeved top to wear, I slipped on a pair of black slippers without realising I left the white socks on (yuck) and I slapped on eye liner and lip gloss in 30 secs. When I arrived I saw my husband straight away with his friends on another table and I knew he was 'the one', but I was shooting myself for wearing such daggy clothes. To this day, I cant believe he wanted to go out with me! :love:

I think that is why online dating never worked for me. I really wouldn't go past more than 2 dates with someone I met on a dating site. It just always felt too forced. Even when I met my husband I didn't expect it to be anything more than going out for a night in London with a hot English guy. Ha!

Kitchy

Banned

Anjelik, those chart points sound like you're a party waiting to happen - love that!

Abby83

Kitchy -

I was reading my reply to you and im hoping I didn't come across the wrong way. I was actually giving you a compliment. As in I think you are really nice for doing what you do. I think I should try what you do because my husband tells me the same thing and thinks I shouldn't get offended when ppl don't want to go to parties or are not suitable for a party I put on.

Abby83

I think that is why online dating never worked for me. I really wouldn't go past more than 2 dates with someone I met on a dating site. It just always felt too forced. Even when I met my husband I didn't expect it to be anything more than going out for a night in London with a hot English guy. Ha!

Omg I was so thinking this the other day!! There's no way I could date online. I love face to face and I love courtship. Online dating makes it too easy and takes the fun and excitement out of the reality of meeting someone physically.

Kitchy

Banned
Not offended at all, and I see your point, as well. My thinking is - if I were to invite someone to a party whom I know wouldn't be comfortable, or who might make my guests feel uncomfortable for being themselves, I figure, why do that to them or myself?" My co-worker friend was a Jehovah's Witness and I knew she wouldn't want to come - as well, I knew that to ask her would be a phony thing for me to do - because I'd be setting her up for having to decline - and truthfully, I didn't want to be in the position of having to defend myself or my guests about our raunchy behaviors if she did attend. "It's my party", and all.

Note: in Oregon in late 80's, I had a party and invited everyone I knew. As an Aquarian, you can imagine the motley crew ;) - well, it turned out that there were several environmentalist types "save the spotted owl" and as well, some stalwart members of generational logging families....Oy, that was a real mess for a blink...when people got talking as they initially do. I basically had to tell a couple of people, "if you're gonna turn my party into a political debate, then you guys should leave..."

Abby83

Not offended at all, and I see your point, as well. My thinking is - if I were to invite someone to a party whom I know wouldn't be comfortable, or who might make my guests feel uncomfortable for being themselves, I figure, why do that to them or myself?" My co-worker friend was a Jehovah's Witness and I knew she wouldn't want to come - as well, I knew that to ask her would be a phony thing for me to do - because I'd be setting her up for having to decline - and truthfully, I didn't want to be in the position of having to defend myself or my guests about our raunchy behaviors if she did attend. "It's my party", and all.

Note: in Oregon in late 80's, I had a party and invited everyone I knew. As an Aquarian, you can imagine the motley crew ;) - well, it turned out that there were several environmentalist types "save the spotted owl" and as well, some stalwart members of generational logging families....Oy, that was a real mess for a blink...when people got talking as they initially do. I basically had to tell a couple of people, "if you're gonna turn my party into a political debate, then you guys should leave..."

Well that's a very funny story and im so happy to hear about something interesting :). You sound like an interesting person. Love it! When's the next party lol ill be there :).

anjelik

Hahaha I have such a Motley Crew of friends. I love it though. I have friends who are so laid back they're horizontal. I have friends who are so high strung and pretentious that the two groups would never mix. I have some friends who are total party animals and some that are hermits who don't like to go out. I think of each friend as a piece of myself and it depends on who I feel like being that day (I guess that is the Pisces in me!). Each of my friends definitely brings something to the table that I am lacking or give me a boost of something. When I was growing up I never had a clique of friends and kind of floated between several groups. You would find me hanging with the jocks, the geeks, the rebels. It just depended on what I felt like expressing. I think that is Sag as 11th house ruler with Neptune influence. So I am certainly open to all different types of friends as long as they are good hearted.

I do know what you mean about the debates. One of my friends is notorious for starting debates, as she is strongly opinionated. Luckily most of my other friends just humour her because they know how she is. If you said red she says blue, it's just how it goes!

Kitchy

Banned
I mentioned earlier about lighting at parties.

I have never been formally trained in lighting, but I do love properly lit ambiance for the mood/theme of the party plan.

Is it a 12th house thing?

I have Moon ruler of 12th and Mars in Cancer, close to 12th cusp.

I like to have parties with fire, be it candles, fire pits, fireplace lit, and votive candles in lunch bag lanterns with designs cut into them, even a couple of times even, fire dancers.

As a kid, I once watched an episode of Marcus Welby MD from the early 70's and Sally Field played a hostess of a grand party where she wore long flowing sleeved synthetic clothing that caught fire when she was lighting her BBQ. That always stuck with me.

I never wear long sleeves or flowy dresses when I host a party because I am always near some source of raw fire at my parties.

Also - I love Moon and Stars motifs. When I lived in Oregon, my most social party days - I had a big house and one of the rooms was always dedicated to moon and stars. I bought those glow in the dark Celestial stick-on's and plastered them all over the room - keeping the light on in the sun lit room for days to feed the fluorescence. It was the one room that ended up always being visited by the "make out" artists - ;) I think a few relationships were formed in that room by party guests.

Last edited:

Kali

I'm all about hosting events. My significant other had a very public position for a number of years, where I played the hostess role. I'm a Taurus (sun/Saturn in 10th), 11th house Mercury in Gemini, Venus in Aries in my 9th and a Sag 5th house moon and Mars. My friends tend to be from all walks of life, yet I'm very good at mixing them up. Also, I'm a great cook and am very good at creating an atmosphere of comfort. My house tends to be the one everyone goes to for different holidays, events, and spur of the moment, "Whatcha doin? Come over!" moments.

At the last gathering, the significant other invited a number of people who really didn't like each other, in any remote sense. When I saw who he had invited, I quickly went to action, adding more invites of people that were sure to bring the hated ones to seek solace in each other. And it worked. Everyone behaved and several of the overheard conversations gave me a lot to giggle over after everyone had gone home.

Kitchy

Banned
Kali -

thanks for joining in!

you touch upon the beauty of the 7th house party planner in your post - figuring out what it takes to please others. padding the room so that no one feels like they are sitting on a hard cushion or at an empty table.