If a person has an aspect natally, are they less affected in synastry when it occurs?

katydid

Sometimes it reenforces it. If you and I are thinking of the same thing.

My friend has Sun opposed Mars. She has always been a bit hot headed, even though she is a Libra, since her Mars is in Aries opposed from the 7th house.

So she seemed to have her temper under control for the past few years. She is impatient but kind, so she is nice overall.

But she began seriously dating a man with Mars in Libra opposed his Sun in Aries. They were widely conjunct her planets. 8 to 11 degree orb--thank goodness. Because it amped her up so bad. They were horrible for each other. So much bickering and arguing over silly things and rudeness. :unsure:

He took a job overseas and wanted her to go with him. Her sister and I tried to convince her to wait and think it over for awhile. She wanted to go so she went ahead and quit a job she had for 5 years, gave notice on her lease, sold her car, and then got an email from him telling her not to come---he met a woman over there and moved in with her….:crying:

duenderoja

Well, I was talking about say - Venus square Neptune is in his chart but not mine. His Venus squares my Neptune.

So I am wondering if he will be affected?

StillOne

Well, I was talking about say - Venus square Neptune is in his chart but not mine. His Venus squares my Neptune.

In my experience it magnifies it. He may well understand the nature of the square, but with another Neptune there it'll make it more intense.

The reason I mention this is that I have natal Moon opp Neptune and so typically have Moon opp Neptune in most of my relationships. It's challenging.

IleneK

Premium Member
A modern interpretation of Venus square Neptune is the inclination to idealize love. His Neptune influences his Venus that way. If your Neptune also squares his Venus, then his inclination to idealize love will be amplified with and towards you. He will have some challenges seeing you realistically in this respect.

duenderoja

He also has sun conjunct Pluto so I do not believe he will have much difficulty seeing reality. And if not, I will always keep him as realistic as possible.

IleneK

Premium Member
He also has sun conjunct Pluto so I do not believe he will have much difficulty seeing reality. And if not, I will always keep him as realistic as possible.

You are welcome.

The idealization is as it relates to his love for a woman. Pluto on the Sun will certainly bring reality to him, his identity and to his aspiration in in this world. Since you asked, I would point both you and him to be aware of his idealization that I describe in the affairs of the Other.

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

You're of similar age. You both have neptune in about the same place, so his venus square both of them.

He's been dealing with people who have their neptune square venus most of his life so it's just the background to all his relationships. He doesn't know any different - like a fish doesn't know it lives in water.

On the other hand few people have their venus square your neptune so it will feel much more unique or special to you.

(I tell you this as someone who has my natal sun/moon/venus square neptune and has it in synastries with everybody born from about 1964 - 1973 and a trine to their neptune with everybody born 1979-84)

duenderoja

You're of similar age. You both have neptune in about the same place, so his venus square both of them.

He's been dealing with people who have their neptune square venus most of his life so it's just the background to all his relationships. He doesn't know any different - like a fish doesn't know it lives in water.

On the other hand few people have their venus square your neptune so it will feel much more unique or special to you.

(I tell you this as someone who has my natal sun/moon/venus square neptune and has it in synastries with everybody born from about 1964 - 1973 and a trine to their neptune with everybody born 1979-84)

This is what I thought. I figured it would be something that he was accustomed to.

Just wondering, but his aspect is 2° from perfect, and his Venus aspects my Neptune nearly perfectly with 18" to spare.

Do you think that this is common for him? I like to think of myself as uncommon – so does this matter at all, the degree of perfection?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member

Perhaps this point is not clear. The more outer planets have greater impact than the inners. So we look at it as Neptune affecting Venus. Venus lacks the power and influence to affect Neptune. So the influencing planet between OP and her partner is Neptune, not Venus. And the the effects are on her partner's Venus.

OP's Neptune, or partner's Neptune for that matter, is not significantly affected by Venus.

So, OP's Neptune join partner's natal Neptune and its affect on partner's Venus. That is the mechanics of how it works.

He may be used to his natal Venus Neptune square. You will amplify its affects, for better and for worse. Just like the vows.