Planet Quincunx Sun in the Sign It Rules (In Yod)

Aelwynne

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me please, to put together the meanings of this aspect.
I have Jupiter(r) in Cancer, sextile to Uranus(r) in Virgo (2nd house). These are both quincunx to Aquarius Sun. [Uranus 23*/Sun 26* has no aspect line on chart (why??)] Furthermore Uranus is conjunct with Pluto and together they oppose a Stellium in Pisces(8th house) which is the axis of a Kite configuration. (The other sextile is w/Neptune in Scorpio.) And Sun is in opposition to Leo Asc.
I'm trying to piece all this together... and I don't know how to blend the meanings, plus I couldn't find out what it means when a planet is quincunx to the sign it rules....

[[ ...I'm kinda getting the idea that this may be why I'm middle aged and still haven't decided what to be when I grow up, moved away from my conservative family ( a long way), and find myself mentally roaming and lost in the muddle that is me and my mixed up muddled life....
And I'm hoping to find some direction, or at least find out if I'm even capable of it. I'm hoping to find some way to not drag people I care for into the muddle with me (ex. my poor fire sign children--daughter is Leo/Sag/Aries, son is Sag/Aries).
I have turned to astrology to help me figure myself out...cos although I'm not a bad person, I'm pretty sure its painful to care for me. And I don't know how to fix this. I can't see myself clearly so I even know where to start. ]]

So anyway. If you know how these aspects affect each other, I would really appreciate the help.

(My computer under repair so I can't post my chart. I'm using the browser in a game console today :sad: but my chart is attached to another post ..."Aquarius/Cancer relationship Intensity")

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
adjustment, to Aelwynne

Aelwynne,

You asked:
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me please, to put together the meanings of this aspect...quincunx...
[[ ...I'm kinda getting the idea that this may be why I'm middle aged and still haven't decided what to be when I grow up, moved away from my conservative family ( a long way), and find myself mentally roaming and lost in the muddle that is me and my mixed up muddled life...

Quincunxes, in general, indicate a need to "adust" the energies that are connected. The more quincunxes in your chart, the more adjustments you need to make.

Well-adjusted,

Tim

Aelwynne

Re: adjustment, to Aelwynne

Thank you for your answer.

Hmmm...I should probably be circumspect in what I post as seeing the part that exposes me as desperate and maybe crazy in quotes is definately cringe worthy...lol

Also, having read some threads and stickies in the Natal board today I realized that my asking a complex question when I'm obviously a newbie is probably annoying.
So to anyone I may have annoyed, I would like to apologize...

miquar

Hi. There's nothing wrong with your questions at all. Signs which are quincunx don't have much in common. They are not of the same element, quality or polarity (by polarity I mean yin/feminine/negative (earth and water signs) or yang/masculine/positive (fire and air signs).

So a planet in a sign which is quincunx to the one it rules may present a bit of a paradox.

A quincunx between two planets where one planet rules the sign in which the other planet is placed can help the planets to adjust to one another.

In your case, the idealism, abstraction and wilfulness of Uranus (which rules the fixed air sign of Aquarius, as you know) will need to work to operate in the adaptable and pragmatic way which Virgo describes. However, the sign placement of an outer planet like Uranus is less significant than the sign placements of those planets which orbit nearer to the Sun.

The quincunx from the Sun to Uranus suggests that your sense of being a unique and valid individual, and your urge to express who you uniquely are, will need to adjust to your need to remain open and flexible to greater Truths and new ways of looking at the world. But your Sun's sign placement means that you are naturally attuned to Uranian urges anyway.

The configuration as a whole, with Sun, Jupiter and Uranus in Aquarius, Cancer and Virgo, suggests a need to understand (and meet) the needs of the wider group(s) with which you identify, and that you will discover more about yourself through this. However, it depends on the orbs involved as to how strong the configuration is, and also on the rest of the chart. You mention that one of the aspects doesn't show up, which suggests that the orb of that aspect is larger than the orbs that your software used when you cast the chart.

Aelwynne

Re: Planet Quincunx Sun in the Sign It Rules (In Yod?)

Thank you miquar for the nice explanation :)

I am actually kinda puzzled about why the aspect line for the Uranus 23*Virgo/Sun 26* Aquarius quincunx isn't drawn on my chart since the orb is only 3*. I used the Astrodienst website.

miquar

Re: Planet Quincunx Sun in the Sign It Rules (In Yod?)

I can't remember what the standard orb is for a quincunx on the astrodienst software, but if its about three degrees, but then you reduced the orbs, as many people do to get rid of the major aspects with 9 and 10 degree orbs, then this could account for it not showing.

While some people use 5 degree orbs for quincunxes, I prefer 2 or 3. The yod will be more powerful if the point midway between the sextiling planets is within a degree or so of being opposite the focal planet of the yod (in this case the Sun).

StillOne

I have sometimes seen that when one uses just the regular charts on astro.com that some quincunx will be omitted. It's best to join, which is free, and use their "extended chart selection." Plus, this will further allow you to analyze your chart using progressions, transits, etc.