Will I get the job?

alexa42

Hi all,
I haven't done this in a long time, and I was never good at it, but here goes...

I cast this chart for the moment it occurred to me ask an horary question, "will I get the job?"

I applied for this job, a media/ design position last week when my uncle told me about this position with his friends company. Personally, I think it is a long shot, but I would really like to get a call back at least .

Anyhow, I am the querant, ruled by Virgo, so I look to mercury, which is in the 10th house.
The quesited is a 10th house issue. Since the 10th house is at 29 36' Taurus I am reading it as Gemini. However, I'd like to hear opinions on this... Is this a good sign, showing change of jobs or a lost cause, or should I read it as taurus?

So, the querant and quesited are both represented by mercury which is in the 10th house ( ruling career) and in gemini- I take this as positive.

However, also in this house we have mars and the sun. I thought mars could represent the young male boss figure, but I am not sure. Mars looks combust to me though, and I am not sure how to take that.

I also have saturn opposite the MC. This can't be good, however I thought it could represent the uncle who set this in motion.

Finally, I have the moon in the 1st house, trine the MC- This is a good sign?
However, it is square the sun, that seems difficult.

The ASC is 3 degrees, which I think is just late enough to not be too early.

Also, I don't know if it matters, but the ASC and MC in this chart are close but not conjunct my natal angles.

So over all, I think there are some strong positive elements here, but then some strong tension as well, so it seems a bit of a tossup. I would love to get insight from some of you that know better than me :smile:

0VLsnMp.gif

Last edited:

Slenkar

The twelfth house is behind your back where you can't see.

Your competition is Pisces -the seventh house-jupiter

The job is Venus and its being handed over to your competition, behind your back.

I'll look at it again to see if anything else strikes me.

I checked the ephemeris and Venus does conjunct Jupiter before mercury sextiles it.

Last edited:

alexa42

Thanks :) so you are reading the 10th house as Taurus rather than Gemini. I wasn't sure about that, since it is so close.

Slenkar

You're welcome :)

Yes you and the job can't be the same planet (I don't think)

Venus conjuncts Jupiter on July 1st or in five time units

alexa42

Well that is interesting, I didn't think to look to the twelfth for competition. Certainly there is plenty.

Regarding the querant and the quesitor being the same. I thought you would then look to the moon for the querant?

IleneK

Premium Member
Well that is interesting, I didn't think to look to the twelfth for competition. Certainly there is plenty.

Regarding the querant and the quesitor being the same. I thought you would then look to the moon for the querant?

I do not presume to speak for Slenkar, but if I may comment, the 12th is not about competition. The ruler of the 7th, Jupiter, which signifies your competition for the job, is domiciled in the 12th. So this suggests that the competition/Jupiter may be hidden from you. And the fact that the job/Venus meets Jupiter/your competition before it meets you/Mercury suggests that the job may go to your competition behind your back, or hidden from you. Hope this helps explain it a bit.

Slenkar

Yes illene is right

Maybe the intercepted Gemini in tenth means you should develop communication skills for interviews?

Marinka

At first glance, I agreed that there was competition that might beat you out but, the last few aspects that the moon will make are sextile to Saturn which rules the 5th of creativity and a trine to the midheaven both of which are positive. The sextile could indicate your call and the trine to the Mid, an offer. It looks like the previous candidate has an issue with the money involved (moon square mars rules 8th - other's money).

Don't expect to hear soon as a Saturn aspect is involved in the call and that usually indicates delays.

Note, I use whole signs, all planets and the moon indicates question and events.

alexa42

Years later, but I came here to ask a similar question and realize I never gave the outcome for this one. No, I did not get the job. I got another one a couple months later. Incidentally, ended up working with the company in question in the job I did get as we hired them to do some contractual work.