North and south nodes being HIT HARD! Help.

Lordofpeace

This transit chart looks horrible. Transit Saturn and moon squaring my south and node nodes.
What does it mean?
Does it means my social and family connections will be strained or something like that?Any recommendations? It's hard to understand, please interpret and help me know what this means. The squares to the nodes start tomorrow. :unsure:
wafssm.png

Zarathu

Account Closed
Transit charts can be difficult.

There are several things to remember:

1. No aspect in a transit chart can have an impact in an actual event until the planet or point has a ptolemaic aspect between them in the natal chart. So a tr. Neptune conjuncting Mars in the natal chart, means nothing at all if there is no ptolemaic aspect between mars and neptune natally. Ptolemaic is 30,60,90,120.150, 180.

2. You must see the aspect more than once is several garbs. Seeing it just once in the transit chart is a maybe only. To have it represent something you must see other aspects supporting it in some way. Ivy G-B used to say: See it once: maybe; see it twice, possibly; see it three time, probably; see it four times, then finally a certainty.

3. My opinion is that you need to see a reference to it in a planetary and lunar return, and you need to see something about it in at least one of the progressed charts. If there is no reference to the event in your mental progressed chart, that is, the Minor Progression, then you aren't thinking about the issues, and if you're not thinking about the issues, the nothing's happening.

4. I've been an astrologer for a very very long time, almost half a century. I don't pay much attention to my transits because they rarely have much impact long term. its what I see as developing challenges in the secondary, tertiary, and minor progressed charts that have real impact in my life.

Hope this helps you.

Z

greybeard

You're a new astrologer. Listen to Zarathu.

If you worry about every transit coming down the pike, it won't take long for your fingernails to be up around your elbows. Transits do not generally operate without the "permission" of directions, progressions, returns, etc.

In your natal chart Saturn is far and away the most powerful planet (sole dispositor). His transits are therefore of heightened importance. What is more important in this transit is that Saturn opposes natal Moon, and....is right on top of Pluto (didn't see that until just now)

And what is even more important is that Saturn is entering (has entered) the 12th House, where he will stay for over 2 years. The conjunction with Pluto is sort of a keynote to this transit of the dark house, but understand that this long-term position of Saturn (12th house passage) is strong because of its duration.

If you are going to use astrology to scare yourself to death, maybe you should just watch a good horror flick. Until you learn something about astrological prediction, it would be better to "wait and see what happens", rather than building a bomb shelter (and creating unnecessary tension and fear in your life) for every passing transit.

Keep a journal. Write down the things that happen during transits, your emotional state and so on. Then, when a similar transit occurs in the future, you'll have information you can use to interpret it in your life. The conjunction of Saturn to Pluto will "produce effects." About 7 years from now, Saturn will come to the waxing square of Pluto. What happens now is likely to reappear then, depending on what you do today.

I am also an old astrologer (over 40 years now). And like Zarathu (and like Robert Hand), I don't pay much attention to transits and such. I don't worry about tomorrow. I have enough on my plate just dealing with today, with this moment.

Make astrology a positive influence in your life, not a negative one. It' s up to you.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Since I posted a suggestion that transits were less significant to me than progressions, you asked me via PM if I would look at the progressed issues.

I need to preface this by saying that this is the first thing I do in any analysis, but I what I'm not doing here is the EXTREMELY NECESSARY FOLLOWUP to this first step. I will look at your progressed houses in your Minor, tertiary, and secondary pressed charts to find out what kind of challenges you might be experiencing and the most significant high friction aspect in each of those charts.

However, this IS ONLY THE FIRST STEP. YOU CANNOT ANALYZE THE INFORMATION unless you also know a good bit about your natal chart in these areas:

1. how you deal with changes and how they tend to come upon you
2. your mission in life
3. those parts of your life which you can use to provide action and strength
4. those parts of your life which won't give you strength and will actually detract from your ability to deal with the challenges
5. where you get energy and where you will get tired
6. How you organize your thinking about the world and how you tend to color your experience, effectively limiting how you can deal with the changes that life brings.

Without this analysis, what I am about to tell it, is in my thinking a kinds of "Oh that's nice!" but something you won't really know what to do with.

But, I'm assuming that you can do that for yourself.

The challenges to your thinking at the moment revolve around the issues of 1st the 10th house, and then secondly about the 1st house. The tenth house is one that you are tending to think about, and you have pretty smooth sailing there. But the second most thought about challenge represents your self in the 1st house, and this one is a high friction level. Your self esteem and other issues of the 1st house including initiative to try new things my be stressing you and dragging the stuff of the 10th house down. In regards to aspects you have a number of issues.

However the two that are most significant in your thinking and that have to addressed are Sun squaring Saturn and Moon opposing Pluto. While the Sun/Saturn one is higher friction, the fact that its a square means hard work will get you through it. The opposition is a different horse. Oppositions require you to break through in some way, often in a way that you don't understand or aren't willing to go. So potentially oppositions are much more difficult to deal with since you can't just work harder, you have to change direction and work differently at it.

I will go on to the emotional issues in and when I get some feed back from you regarding what I've said here.

Lordofpeace

You're a new astrologer. Listen to Zarathu.

If you worry about every transit coming down the pike, it won't take long for your fingernails to be up around your elbows. Transits do not generally operate without the "permission" of directions, progressions, returns, etc.

In your natal chart Saturn is far and away the most powerful planet (sole dispositor). His transits are therefore of heightened importance. What is more important in this transit is that Saturn opposes natal Moon, and....is right on top of Pluto (didn't see that until just now)

And what is even more important is that Saturn is entering (has entered) the 12th House, where he will stay for over 2 years. The conjunction with Pluto is sort of a keynote to this transit of the dark house, but understand that this long-term position of Saturn (12th house passage) is strong because of its duration.

If you are going to use astrology to scare yourself to death, maybe you should just watch a good horror flick. Until you learn something about astrological prediction, it would be better to "wait and see what happens", rather than building a bomb shelter (and creating unnecessary tension and fear in your life) for every passing transit.

Keep a journal. Write down the things that happen during transits, your emotional state and so on. Then, when a similar transit occurs in the future, you'll have information you can use to interpret it in your life. The conjunction of Saturn to Pluto will "produce effects." About 7 years from now, Saturn will come to the waxing square of Pluto. What happens now is likely to reappear then, depending on what you do today.

I am also an old astrologer (over 40 years now). And like Zarathu (and like Robert Hand), I don't pay much attention to transits and such. I don't worry about tomorrow. I have enough on my plate just dealing with today, with this moment.

Make astrology a positive influence in your life, not a negative one. It' s up to you.

Thank you for your feedback.

Lordofpeace

Since I posted a suggestion that transits were less significant to me than progressions, you asked me via PM if I would look at the progressed issues.

I need to preface this by saying that this is the first thing I do in any analysis, but I what I'm not doing here is the EXTREMELY NECESSARY FOLLOWUP to this first step. I will look at your progressed houses in your Minor, tertiary, and secondary pressed charts to find out what kind of challenges you might be experiencing and the most significant high friction aspect in each of those charts.

However, this IS ONLY THE FIRST STEP. YOU CANNOT ANALYZE THE INFORMATION unless you also know a good bit about your natal chart in these areas:

1. how you deal with changes and how they tend to come upon you
2. your mission in life
3. those parts of your life which you can use to provide action and strength
4. those parts of your life which won't give you strength and will actually detract from your ability to deal with the challenges
5. where you get energy and where you will get tired
6. How you organize your thinking about the world and how you tend to color your experience, effectively limiting how you can deal with the changes that life brings.

Without this analysis, what I am about to tell it, is in my thinking a kinds of "Oh that's nice!" but something you won't really know what to do with.

But, I'm assuming that you can do that for yourself.

The challenges to your thinking at the moment revolve around the issues of 1st the 10th house, and then secondly about the 1st house. The tenth house is one that you are tending to think about, and you have pretty smooth sailing there. But the second most thought about challenge represents your self in the 1st house, and this one is a high friction level. Your self esteem and other issues of the 1st house including initiative to try new things my be stressing you and dragging the stuff of the 10th house down. In regards to aspects you have a number of issues.

However the two that are most significant in your thinking and that have to addressed are Sun squaring Saturn and Moon opposing Pluto. While the Sun/Saturn one is higher friction, the fact that its a square means hard work will get you through it. The opposition is a different horse. Oppositions require you to break through in some way, often in a way that you don't understand or aren't willing to go. So potentially oppositions are much more difficult to deal with since you can't just work harder, you have to change direction and work differently at it.

I will go on to the emotional issues in and when I get some feed back from you regarding what I've said here.
Thank you. I sent a response to your inbox.