living in a dream world

windwispers

my imagination tends to get the best of me, and sometimes i find myself living in an alternate reality, unable to tell fact from fiction.
some of the things i am about to say might sound totally ridiculous... it may cause alot of you to roll your eyes and sneer at how juvenile i am, but i'll post anyways...

when i was a child, and even now, i would have dreams about flying. my dreams were so realistic, that when i was younger i once believed i really could fly....
call it peter pan syndrome... you can imagine how much trouble it got me into..
anyways... the dreams that i have are so realistic and intense that it becomes hard for me to seperate them from reality...

another example is something both my sister and i have in common. we swear to have both been able to breath underwater several times when we were little...
the problem is, i still do not know whether or not this really happened... i mean i know it is not physically possible for a human being to breath underwater... but truthfully i still do [totally ridiculous i know] to this day believe that i once was able too when i was a child.
the issue is that this whole memory/ experience i had, may have, probably was, a dream, and i was not able to realize it was.

now that i am older sometimes i catch myself doing things... and this may sound really strange... but i will stop in the middle of it and ask myself whether or not i am dreaming... of couse im not.. sometimes.lol

also when i was younger i used to get in trouble with my teachers and have my parents called because i was reading during class, all the time....
i still have the same problems, i cannot focus in school... im usually desperate for something that is actually stimulating ( books imo)..
as a result my grades are horrible... it is sooo hard for me to turn my focus to something that is not interesting to me.
but anywho, i was wondering if there are certain aspects that would cause a person to blurr the line between fantasy and reality?
does anyone else have this problem?

here is my chart
chart.gif

sara31tx

windwispers said:
my imagination tends to get the best of me, and sometimes i find myself living in an alternate reality, unable to tell fact from fiction.
some of the things i am about to say might sound totally ridiculous... it may cause alot of you to roll your eyes and sneer at how juvenile i am, but i'll post anyways...

when i was a child, and even now, i would have dreams about flying. my dreams were so realistic, that when i was younger i once believed i really could fly....
call it peter pan syndrome... you can imagine how much trouble it got me into..
anyways... the dreams that i have are so realistic and intense that it becomes hard for me to seperate them from reality...

another example is something both my sister and i have in common. we swear to have both been able to breath underwater several times when we were little...
the problem is, i still do not know whether or not this really happened... i mean i know it is not physically possible for a human being to breath underwater... but truthfully i still do [totally ridiculous i know] to this day believe that i once was able too when i was a child.
the issue is that this whole memory/ experience i had, may have, probably was, a dream, and i was not able to realize it was.

now that i am older sometimes i catch myself doing things... and this may sound really strange... but i will stop in the middle of it and ask myself whether or not i am dreaming... of couse im not.. sometimes.lol

also when i was younger i used to get in trouble with my teachers and have my parents called because i was reading during class, all the time....
i still have the same problems, i cannot focus in school... im usually desperate for something that is actually stimulating ( books imo)..
as a result my grades are horrible... it is sooo hard for me to turn my focus to something that is not interesting to me.
but anywho, i was wondering if there are certain aspects that would cause a person to blurr the line between fantasy and reality?
does anyone else have this problem?

here is my chart
chart.gif
I am not sure if the moon in Libra in the 12th house has something to do with your attention span, but I too have problems with paying attention and I have Libra moon in the 12th house. I also tend to live in my head quite a bit, I am not sure if it is caused by depression or just plain boredom with life. I will have to get back too you on that one.

gaer

windwispers said:

I also have dreams that feel so vivid and real that I feel as though I'm in an alternate reality. I've had them all my life.

At the time that LSD was first popular (decades before you were born), I was careful not to go near it, ever. I was afraid that under the influence of anything that was mind-altering, I might attempt to step off a high building, off a cliff, off the side of a mountain. This is no joke. I am able to do all those things in dreams. I also swim underwater and breathe while doing it.

I don't believe that I am having those experiences in "real life". When awake, I know that these are dream experiences. But while dreaming, they are incredibly powerful.

I hope you will be as careful as I have been to stay away from anything mind-altering. And yes, I believe there are many things in your chart that point towards a blurred line between reality and fantasy. But I'd prefer that other people go into that. :)

Gaer

El_Nagual

Hi Olivia,

Well, those experiences you tell us about are great indicators that you are developing higher faculties such as intuition. All this kinds of experiences are related to Uranus and Neptune, and as the age of aquarius aproaches this will become a generalized tendency.

You have mercury (mind) conjuct with uranus and neptune and square with jupiter, all of these planes have to do with what you described in your post. There's a saturn nearby to balance a little the situation and a strong saturn in capricorn, that probably is acting as a big rock by preventing you from flying too high to impractial and world-disconecting heights.

As Gaer says, you should stay away from drugs and alcohol because, being extra sensitive to them, those substances may induce degeneration of your faculties could lead to the negative side of the dreaming matter, and prevent you to function in this world correctly.

Moulin

Hi Wind,

Yes. I totally dig what you are saying. I completely relate to your post and even though life may seem to be a little more lonely than usual and tougher due to living outside of the box - fantasy and imagination are beautiful gift bestowed upon you, so just be guided by them and your inner thoughts/intuition and enjoy your life that will allow you to experience great heights and probing depths.

Astral traveling when you are either awake/asleep is great!!! I love going to bed and 'taking off' as l slip into sleep. Isn't it great to be free of the limitations of your body and the restrictions that most people face?

:)

Moulin

ps. yes, it is possible to breathe underwater. My brother and l used to do it often in the pool.

I often wonder if things are real or not too and l notice that you share neptune in 3rd house with me. Are you good at writing? I am good at it, and l think it's cos of this neptune aspect.

I also have pluto in 1st so maybe it's a combo of both?

Lovely to meet you Wind :)

Last edited:

Moulin

LOL

how very human of you Caprising! :D

Trust saturn to come along and draw a red line through it - does Saturn only see life in tunnel vision, or what?

Moulin

Caprising said:
Just concerned for the more vunerable amongst us!!:D

I know Caprising and you are very caring to. I'm just frustrated with Saturn at the moment as it's transiting my 1st house, having just visited my AC :eek:

Wilmingtonian

I agree, Floris.

And look at all those aspects to the Moon in the 12th house! I know a man with a very strong 12th house and he's always lost in an imaginary world. Sometimes the world in his head is more "real" than the world the rest of live in and it can be frightening. Anyway, he has become a fairly successful actor where he can use that strong dreamy influence to his advantage.