Jinx effect

Summery Joy

Hello,

I think this thread fits best here in the Spiritual realm.

Do you know how people would want to keep certain things secrets or at least talk very little about them because they don't want to jinx them? How come things get jinxed by talking about them?

I mean, it is actually true. When I was younger, I never believed in that whole jinx thing, but now as I have more experience in life I've decided to join the believers side. Things are just ruined when you talk about them a lot. My question is;

HOW?

What cosmic or spiritual energies charge against things from happening when they are not kept within a "confidential cercuit" so to speak?

Does astrology have an answer to this question? Does any kind of descipline or study have an explanation to it?

Keeping my mouth shut on what I'm looking forward to,
Nora

Arian Maverick

Sorehearted,

I just thought of something...perhaps this is a form of cocreation! If an individual truly believes that such an action will yield negative results, even on a subconscious level, that is exactly what they will experience! :roll:

Arian Maverick

jenluvsblackcat

The jinx rule is a favorite of mine.
When we do get "jinxed" it is often because we are denied something we desired, so we feel really hurt and then blame the cosmos in under the guise of the jinx. If we keep our desires secret, then how could God, or the cosmic order possibly ruin what it cannot know about?

This is sort of like the principal of Buddism, where you are taught to be free of your desires. You can't experience disapointment if you have no desires...because you won't be let down. :wink:

However, for this theory to work, you first need to have a slight distrust of the cosmic order. :cry: It is almost like the relationship between a child and his overbearing mom. He wants to ride his bike to the river with his friends, but if he tells his mom, she will forbid him to do it. The cosmos (or whoever you believe is in charge of this silly plane) is like the grand mother who always knows what's best for us, her babies. Because we are human, we WANT total control of our destiny. We do have control, in a certain degree, but when the mother of the universe says 'no' and jinxes our plans...it's not because she's heard our desires and is maliciously denying them...its because the cosmic order of operations has a better thought in mind.

Being jinxed is a big part of my life. Everytime I meet with a roadblock to my progress, I often think of Saturn...a very old, white-haired jerk who is trying to teach me something. And because I'm young, I do get VERY agitated. Now that I think of it, the times where I was jinxed were always social situations...like hoping to be in the company of a certain person, or hoping to be going to a certain party. I've been blessed thus far that haven't been jinxed in....wait a sec....I'm not saying the rest because I don't want to get JINXED, darn it. I'm like Nora on this...I believe!

What situations have you found yourself jinxed? And what transits were in effect during that time? (If they were huge jinxes)

Summery Joy

Interesting theory, Jen. I never thought about it that way. I always felt that things simply get jinxed *because* they are being discussed more frequently than they should. I have to think about your theory for a while.

Beth,

Hm. I don't know. Your theory would be true if the thing you're looking forwrd to is something that you yourself don't think is a very good thing. But if it was something you think is just great, and you talk about it and it gets jinxed? Did you cocreate that?

( I realize that the wording of my last paragraph is wierd, but this is the best I can do with only 2 hours of sleep in two days )

Barry-ann

Everyone is familiar with 'small' jinxing, right? When you ache for human contact and no one calls, or you desperately need money and none is available.
That is internal jinxing, and for me further proof of co-creating and materializing. Cause the immense need and the fear/belief nothing will happen are one so to speak...

B-A