the Age Interval

david starling

The Age Interval (A.I.) is a "window" thàt delineates three, simultaneous effects on our psyches that can then be described in astrological terms. Because the Ages last so long, these effects cause a shared world-view in all three categories at once: Individual, Social, and Traditional. The analytical basis for the A.I. is as follows: The Ecliptic is both the Sun's path around the Earth daily and yearly, the subjective interpretation, and the Earths orbit around the Sun when considered objectively (the overview). The Zodiacal circle fits the objective version : Earth's orbital path, measured from Earth and extended outward in all directions along its own plane; so, it's Earths orbital circle that we astrologers divide into twelve equal parts by constructing the Sign boundaries, thirty degrees each. The Part that Represents the Whole is therefore a constructed interval of 30 degrees: Earth's orbital-path representative, the A.I., telling us about Earth's Ages. The A.I.'s placement depends in large part on how the Signs are located: Siderealy-- first point (in the direction of motion) located at the First Point of Spring, or, alternatively, centered there; Tropically --centered on the Sun's position at the time of Earth's perihelion. So, in all cases, the A.I. is Earth's orbital -path representative, located using an astronomical point involving either Earth's axial tilt or its elliptical orbit, and moving due to Earth's "wobble". Hence, Earth's Age indicator.

Last edited: