Career/Talents

Hello, and thanks for your time. I'm having a hard time finding a career where I would succeed and be happy. When I'm in a 9-5 job, I start to get depressed and lost. I don't know if this chiron in my 10th house is benefic or malefic, and also, looks like the moon is the dominant planet in my chart, am I right? Can you guys help me finding my path in this subject? Thanks a lot.

Here is my chart. And if you guys want some more information, just let me know. My name, birth date, time and location are at the upper left corner.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Chart.png
    Chart.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 53

Dirius

Hello, and thanks for your time. I'm having a hard time finding a career where I would succeed and be happy. When I'm in a 9-5 job, I start to get depressed and lost. I don't know if this chiron in my 10th house is benefic or malefic, and also, looks like the moon is the dominant planet in my chart, am I right? Can you guys help me finding my path in this subject? Thanks a lot.

Here is my chart. And if you guys want some more information, just let me know. My name, birth date, time and location are at the upper left corner.

Thanks again!

The problem is the moon, in the 8th house, without much power. :sick:

Dirius

I see. But where should I look to find a career? I have no planet in my 10th house, just Chiron. :(

The problem is your moon: your moon rules the 10th house, and finds itself placed in a malefic house (8th), without any power.

Usually this signifies problems regarding your career. The moon has no essential dignity at all, and placed inside the 8th house has really no power of choice.

You just take the jobs that you can get, and just get "stucked" with them. I suppose that you don't really do much about that either, you just accept it and get sad.

This last thing is reinforced by the fact that the ruler of the ascendant, venus, is also placed in the 6th house, weakned (although with lots of essential dignity, in its exaltation).

Now, the moon recieves a sextile from a well placed jupiter, so there can be some hope.

Jupiter has a lot of strenght here, is in the 11th house which is not bad, its in its own triplicity giving him some essential strength. He is also benefic in nature. So jupiter helps the moon here. Jupiter rules the 3rd and 6th house and is placed in the 11th. The moon itself is in gemini, pointing into a gemini related career.

Perhaps you would find happines in an area that relates to the houses described above. You can help your moon through you jupiter configuration. Of course its up to you.

I'm a bit of a newb in natal reading, but hope it helps :joyful:

Roudic

Heyya, I read charts the whole sign way that's how imma read your im not expert either just a studier, but your moon conjunct mars (malin) in gemini, (9th house whole signs) its wide but sun and moon gets an larger orb range even when they say this is a good house its still a cadet house. This house makes you think what is the meaning of life, what's the point of what im doing. The soul is longing for you to connect and communicate to the higher mind and realign you with your life purpose/plan. Adding on to this is the moon ruling tenth,MC, and Chiron. Chiron indicates where it hurts the most, and where the most profound healing would happen.

Flapjacks

Just to add: Gemini Moon/Mars conjunct in the 8th house. Seems like you'd need a lot of stimulation and mental activity to maintain interest in whatever you're doing. No monotonous, repetitive task would suit you; not the type to just do one thing and get really good at it, you must have variation. It seems like a 9-5 job wouldn't be out of the question as long as it varied in activity, allowed you to travel once in a while, forced you to think on your feet, or otherwise did not have a set routine.

Last edited:
Just to add: Gemini Moon/Mars conjunct in the 8th house. Seems like you'd need a lot of stimulation and mental activity to maintain interest in whatever you're doing. No monotonous, repetitive task would suit you; not the type to just do one thing and get really good at it, you must have variation. It seems like a 9-5 job wouldn't be out of the question as long as it varied in activity, allowed you to travel once in a while, forced you to think on your feet, or otherwise did not have a set routine.

You're right. But something inside me really dislike those regular jobs. I would rather do something from home. I don't like to socialize too much tho. I'm in a bad spot, I know. hahaha I think about suicide often. I don't think that dying is a bad thing, but my mind really makes me confused. I really don't know what to do to make me feel better. But thanks for your insight. =] And the other people that helped too!

Zarathu

Account Closed
Tell us a little bit about yourself. What kinds of experience do you have? What kind of education do you have? What kind of training do you have?

Are you able to pay for more training?

All of these things are important in assisting you with what your career needs might be.

Basically we need to look at three areas: your 2nd house abilities and tendencies, your 6th house of preferred work environment, and your 10th house of potential success. While you may get success in one thing, if it doesn't also match your preferred work environment, you will eventually leave it. Likewise, we cannot suggest to you that you become an experimental nuclear physicist unless you have the IQ to do that kind of work, and the ability to get the PhD that you need to work in that field.

IMO, this is the most important decision in your life because it impacts your mission in life, and should not be addressed lightly.

kimbermoon

Career wise:
Cancer MC; Moon rules from the 8th H and is challenged by the square to Mercury, and afflicted by Neptune. The MC is also afflicted, setting up potential blockages or hindrances in finding the 'perfect job'. The Moon is highly changeable, and versatility and variety are what you are looking for. You have the ability to be multi-tasking in your job, so as to keep your interests ongoing.

Cancer as the governing influence over your MC, often leads to involvement in domestic concerns in various venues; this can include commerce [home furnishings/ decorating/home improvement]; or direct interaction relating to family and children [ counselling/social work]; food service and distribution; real estate might also be a viable occupation for you, given your 4th House energies; with Moon in the 8th this could relate to healing and therapy; psychological counselling, bereavement issues and matters connected with shared resources, as in dealing with wills or trusts. Anything dealing with social and domestic concerns would tend to be a special leaning for you.
Moon in Gemini might involve teaching, communications or transport.

With the addition of Venus in your 6th H, spas, retreats and relaxation, cruises and travel might also be involved in what you do for a living; since Venus supports your Moon, it is indicated that you have many opportunities for finding satisfaction and fulfillment in a given career.
What are you having in mind for that area of your life? What do you want to be able to do?

Tell us a little bit about yourself. What kinds of experience do you have? What kind of education do you have? What kind of training do you have?

Are you able to pay for more training?

All of these things are important in assisting you with what your career needs might be.

Basically we need to look at three areas: your 2nd house abilities and tendencies, your 6th house of preferred work environment, and your 10th house of potential success. While you may get success in one thing, if it doesn't also match your preferred work environment, you will eventually leave it. Likewise, we cannot suggest to you that you become an experimental nuclear physicist unless you have the IQ to do that kind of work, and the ability to get the PhD that you need to work in that field.

IMO, this is the most important decision in your life because it impacts your mission in life, and should not be addressed lightly.

Thanks for your point. Let's talk about me.

I'm a self-taught in almost everything I do. My family always struggled in the financial things, and my parents didn't invest in me or my brother. Everything we wanted, we had to learn by ourselves. I have a degree as a computer technician. I tried because I love games, but I'm not so good with numbers, so I gave up on programming.

I've always had problems in my house regarding my parents. I've been trought domestic violence, psychological abuse and depression. Now I live with my father. We've moved from the house we were living for 7 years like 4 days ago. Now we are starting all over.

I've worked in a school as the guy who take care of the computers, and I've worked in a game store. Both made me get very frustrated with my life. I've always had the need to do something valuable for me. People say that I have a talent for writing, drawing and playing guitar. They also say that I'm charming. English is not my native language, but I've learned it all by myself.

Arts and music always played a very proeminent role in my life. Religion, occultism, the interest about ancient civilizations and martial arts, also were very important to me since a very young age. I've had the desire of being an archeologist when I had 11 years old. I was passionated about Egypt.

I've had some supernatural experiencies in my life, which made me not become an atheist. I suffer from depression, and I get bored with people most of the time.

I'm very polite, and people tell me that I have a nice sense of humour, and I'm really good at telling stories. They also say that I'm a bit weird.

Currently, I'm unemployed, and I can't afford a course. Even if I had a job, I wouldn't have the time, since I have to do a lot of other things in my new house.

I often find myself dreaming about working from home, and earning money with that. But I know this is a common desire.

Anyways, I think that's almost everything. If you need to know anything more, just let me know. Thanks for your time. :)

kshantaram

Premium Member
Andre,

venus asc lord highest planetary deg pisces 6th, selfless attitude,
able to influence through charm of personality,

pisces 6th preferment for teaching learning work environments,
venus artistic aptitudes say dancing,

sun-venus pisces 6th healing-pharmacy etc may be teaching-learning thereof.
sun-venus love of beauty-splendor, beautician, cosmetologist, etc

6th lord jup over 11th leo flair for group work, team building,
teaching-training-advisory roles, jup 3rd lord for communications,
jup retro towards elevated cancer 10th tending to conceptual leadership.

leo-sun inimical for the libra asc, jup leo income-gains-friendships
under stress-delay while also lord 6th calling for greater efforts.

inimical sun over 5th stress-delays

in matters of education-romance-children-position etc,
while sun-mer suggest oratory skills,

mer acq the reformsit,
mer 9th lord for luck-higher education-higher learnings over 5th trine good,
but alongwith inimical sun under stress-delay.

mer acq 5th 2nd highest deg factor for vocation.

sun-mer 5th teaching, managing, counseling, etc
may be teaching arts, pharmacy, etc.

saturn own acq 4th, growth-riches through mass supervision-public admin,
tech-innovative aptitude, real estate, excavations, architecture, mech engg, etc.

saturn-rahu 4th tending to rise and fall in domestic comforts and property matters,
while may tend to foreign lands.

jup leo and sat acq opp tending to missed opportunities
owing to miscalcuations-misjudgments, in career, property matters, etc.

sat aspect scorpio 2nd impacting family-finances-speech/sarcastic,
while could promote research-occult aptitudes.

ketu the separative node over cancer 10th, hypersensitive-perceptive,
prone to career changes-job separations.

10th lord moon over gemini 8th, moon-mars gemini,

aptitude for analytical research using information technology perhaps,
volatile emotionally and financially, confused decision making , career issues.

mars elevated aspect over cap 4th promoting property matters/real estate.

benefic moon as lord 10th considered weak, moving to 8th conj mars gemini
suggest allergic health issues related to chest-lungs etc perhaps of chronic nature.
7th lord mars over 8th health issues for spouse.

venus flair of personality selfless attitude and charm and artistic aptitudes,
jup leo teaching-facilitating skills,

sun-mer 5th acq teaching-oratory-managerial skills and reformist,
mer factor for vocation.

moon-mars gemini 8th analytical research/psychometrics etc,
separative ketu cancer 10th prone to career-job changes.
saturn acq tech-innovative aptitude.

whether would like a teaching-research-consultancy role in an university
teaching pharmacy-cosmetology etc and admin role as head of deparment
thus offering a multifaceted role.

or could be an independent consultant offering freelance
technological advisory/research-training services in area of expertise,
organisation development and training etc, not tied to a 9.00-5.00 job.

libra asc well composed, objective, artistic aptitudes, social, etc.

while jup inimical leo, inimical sun over 5th, tend to stress-delays,
moon-mars volatile moon lord 10th for career,
ketu cancer 10th prone to career-job changes.

gemini-mer 10th settling at 32+ thumb rule.
sat lord 9th from moon settling at 36+.

hope generic observations-inputs help reflect enable pick career choices.

could share specific feedbacks in agreement-disagreements.

wishing luck though under stress-delays,

kshantaram

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Dec 3: since you do not have the funds required to invest in higher education at this time [Pluto 2nd sq Sun], it is important to make the most of living your life with creativity and awareness; the lessons you really need come through your interactions with others and the actions you take on a daily basis.

Working from home would be indicated by the Cancer MC.
An interest in the arts is indicated by Sun/Mercury in the 5th; perhaps you might spend some time developing those interests. And you also have talents in writing, drawing and music [Moon in Gemini].
Typically a career does not happen overnight, and gaining experience is an important key in finding more satisfaction in having a job. You might have to work at many different minor jobs before you can consolidate your talents into a career. You really have to start at the bottom to get to the top.
Personally I am not seeing anything here to point to a professional career; the Gemini influence relates more to being a 'jack of all trades' type. In turn it might mean that what matters most is in the living of your life path, rather than aiming towards a particular career. First you need to identify your true interests and find ways of how to incorporate your talents into something viable. For every talent there are many options available. Such options have been duly offered here through the input of others as well.

Also consider that in the sweeping changes that lie ahead, individuals may have to create a career for themselves by being flexible, innovative and adaptable. Your generation has to reconsider the ideals and values of a 'career' , and co-operative endeavors may be more necessary in the future as a new paradigm of reality comes into play...

thelivingsky

I disagree with many of the comments heer about the house placement of Mars and the Moon. Anytime a planet falls close to the cusp of the next house within 5 degrees, it has more influence on that next house. Since Mars is conjunct the Moon they should both be considered 9th house. You have many mutable influences indicating mental restlessness and curiosity, need for change,and intellectual tendencies with Mars and Moon in Gemini ( a mutable sign) in the ninth (house of higher education, philosophy) Also, your Sun, Mercury and Venus are in the 6th house another house that relates to mental processes of critical analysis, consciousness and discrimination. The ruler of your chart is Venus in Pisces in this 6th house. This is why you are bored easily and need not only intellectual change but the opportunity to move your body during the day.

Mercury in Aquarius with your Gemini planets points to talents for technical work. Your computer background is probably not wasted or a mistake. But your Libra Ascendant with Gemini planets may give you a gift with communication and making things beautiful. Maybe there is a way to combine the technical talents with the aesthetic talents and do something creative or artistic.

The sixth house is very prominent , I would think about the meaning of this house where you may find some new passion for something related to health and medicine , gardening or horticulture, or food and nutrition. Sixth house is often about service to others. Maybe you can find work using your computer skills working for a non-profit or charity where the work will give you a deeper feeling of purpose.

I suspect with your chart and your interest in metaphysics and other intellectual pursuits you may not find the ideal work for some time while you develop more skills. But my best advice is to do something - anything that seems interesting or meaningful because one thing always opens one's eyes to new possibilities. And in this time in history, it is always smart to think about what the very wealthy need and will pay for. I never can make neough money from astrology so I have marketed myself to wealthy people as a gardener, and I take care of their fancy gardens in the warmer weather. Wealthy people always need help with housework, yardwork, errands and shopping and many actually hire live-in cooks and nannies. And they hire tutors for their kids and people to walk their dogs..

Good luck!

thelivingsky

I just thought of 2 two more work from home jobs that might appeal to someone who is restless and needs a lot of change and movement; they are event planner or wedding planner or a photographer. Both require a aesthetic eye and which you probably have, and you can likely learn all you need on the internet and by talking to people who already do this work.

dhundhun

Your 6th house has issues. Due to this, neither you enjoy work, nor your work is appreciated.

In 2-5 years your career will shape up under the influence of Jupiter. This may be influenced by a change or a travel to distant place.

Good luck.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
I'm a self-taught in almost everything I do. My family always struggled in the financial things, and my parents didn't invest in me or my brother. Everything we wanted, we had to learn by ourselves. I have a degree as a computer technician. I tried because I love games, but I'm not so good with numbers, so I gave up on programming.

Hello, warheart~

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your question.
I love this part of your statement. "I'm self-taught in almost everything I do."
Let me point out to you that some of us feel as if the soul's path is notated by the nodal axis. I find this quite interesting in your case for you North Node is posited in Capricorn and it is conjunct Saturn. In your chart, Saturn is the strongest posited planet. It holds a beneficial conversation to your ruling planet; venus (which would be the strongest planet if she were not in the anaretic degree); the ruler of the mid-heaven (moon), and with the co-ruler of the 2nd house (mars) through the conjunction with the moon. The co-ruler of the sixth house is also in opposition to Saturn; which is the source concerning your discomfort and sense of depression. Jupiter sits in the house of hopes and dreams and of greater organizations (typical 9-5 genre)

Now Saturn is know as the task master. He is stubborn and he is powerful. He is the building inspector that says; "no sir, you have to pour your footers and have them pressure tested first, before you try to pour the concrete slab at the same time." He can be a real jerk but can be a life saver at the same time. Saturn in Aquarius can give anchor to that moon and to that mars which likes to allow your mind to race. One other reason why I speak on Saturn so much is that all of the planets that he holds conversation with are rulers of your vocational houses and they all have benefic aspects to one another. I feel that you will be able to find your knack working with in the sphere of home, maybe not your own just yet; when I look at your chart it just feels as if I see what you are saying give you a some validation maybe that you are on a plausible track with this.
You have a degree as a comp tech. What type of maintenance did you provide or learn in school? Hardware, Software, Coding, Script,....networking?
Are there any companies there that go to homes to help people figure out what they need to do when they have a problem with there network config, or hardware problems? Oh!, you know what, a friend of mine works for Micro-soft from home aiding x-box video gamers with different problems that arise. Hmmm. They employ people all over the world. Maybe that is something you could check out.~

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for your help! And sorry for the long time to reply. I've read everything you all said, and there are many good advices! =]

I am now looking for something related to the "home kind" of works.

Well, I was also thinking about making polymer clay craftings. I love this kind of work, and my drawing skills are not so bad. Is something that I could make in my home, and it's home related. (decoration, etc)

What do you guys think? Should I give it a try, or it's just a waste of time?

Thank you all so much!

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Thank you all so much for your help! And sorry for the long time to reply. I've read everything you all said, and there are many good advices! =]

I am now looking for something related to the "home kind" of works.

Well, I was also thinking about making polymer clay craftings. I love this kind of work, and my drawing skills are not so bad. Is something that I could make in my home, and it's home related. (decoration, etc)

What do you guys think? Should I give it a try, or it's just a waste of time?

Thank you all so much!

Expressing any talent is not a waste of time. A business's demands depends on whether it fulfills the need of the niche market at any given moment. Can you provide enough of what it is that you want to create to market? Can you provide efficiency with what you chose to do? Watch the undercurrents of human behavior and their spending habits. It is about timing and persistence.

I learned how to cut glass and repair windows and glaze them 20 years ago; at that time these type of windows were still fairly prevalent for repairs. Currently at this day in age, it is hard to find craftsman who can still do this, so for me a skill (talent) that I honed in 20 years ago allows me the opportunity to offer a service that many people don't offer now with the advent of the newer style constructed windows. It allows me to charge quite handsomely for providing that service; so, try it out, it can only give you experience that you can use later on. Good luck.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Andre,

venus asc lord highest planetary deg pisces 6th, selfless attitude,
able to influence through charm of personality,

pisces 6th preferment for teaching learning work environments,
venus artistic aptitudes

sun-venus love of beauty-splendor, beautician, cosmetologist, etc

mer acq 5th 2nd highest deg factor for vocation.

sun-mer 5th teaching, managing, counseling, etc
may be teaching arts, pharmacy, etc.

saturn own acq 4th, growth-riches through mass supervision-public admin,

tech-innovative aptitude, real estate, excavations, architecture, mech engg, etc.

libra asc well composed, objective, artistic aptitudes, social, etc.

hope generic observations-inputs help reflect enable pick career choices.
wishing luck though under stress-delays,

kshantaram

hope the above summary helps review

astrology02

I'm no expert but i will share what i've learned along the way.

For career we look to 3 houses:
2nd (shows how you earn money, your relationship with money etc)
6th (shows the job itself, day to day working conditions)
10th (represents vocation, public image, what you need to feel fulfilled, contribution to society etc.)

Now the sign on the 2nd house cusp is scorpio. Pluto is ruled by scorpio AND also in your 2nd house. Now pluto represents transformation, power and has a death/rebirth theme. Pluto teaches us the hard lessons we have to learn in life. No one ever transforms their life when everything is calm, instead a lot of the time it is when we have no other choice.

With pluto in the 2nd AND scorpio on the cusp it shows a very intense relationship with money and it can be frustrating at times. It may have to do a lot with your unconscious beliefs about money & your early childhood experiences. You may have had a parent who was not responsible with money or on the other end they may have used money as a form of control. It wasn't like they just provided the things you needed, there was always strings attached.

Your finances is a very karmic point in your chart and shows that there are lessons regarding money you need to learn in this lifetime. You may feel like this area of your life is constantly being challenged. Like every time you look at your bank account there is just no way to get ahead. It's not like you are cursed and are doomed to a life full of financial troubles…but if you don't become aware and take steps to improve, pluto will continue making it difficult for you. You have to learn a balance when it comes to money. If you are always in fear of not having enough money or possessions that will manifest itself as a reality in your life.

Also you have to get rid of any resentment you may have when it comes to earning money. You may feel like sometimes you have to work at this stupid jobs that don't pay enough…but that is part of the lesson. The balance of work and money.

Your MC, 2nd and 6th house are all in water signs and water signs are a bit unstable. Typically MC is in dignity in capricorn, and you have cancer which opposes capricorn on the MC (so this would be the fall).

Also ruler of the MC (the moon) is in the 8th which is a weak (and yet again a karma house). You also have a couple planets which are very close to your IC which shows that there's times where you want to isolate from the world. You are afraid of putting yourself out there. People with many planets by the MC are comfortable on the public stage and are very open, but I feel with that many planets in the 4th house, your comfort zone is at home.

Another thing is in this lifetime you need to embrace more of your capricorn qualities because that is where your north node is- which include responsibility, self reliance, independent, less emotional etc. In your past life you had many cancer qualities so that it why it feels so familiar to you.

You are comfortable at home and around family, you are a sensitive soul but you need to balance that with capricorn traits. Your south node is in cancer which means it will be a little bit more challenging to call on those traits but they will help you when it comes to your career.

You can have the best intentions in the world, be a good person etc…but it all comes down to karma. Remember that karma CAN be worked through .

The first step is to become aware of situations that keep occurring in your life.

2) Have a willingness to change.

3) meditation helps A LOT.

4) find other ways to heal the energy…because our lives are a reflection of our energy. If you can change your thoughts through meditation, the rest will follow. If you make a commitment -it can be done :)

**also your venus is at the critical (anaretic) 29th degree. That means the energy is very weak. By the time it reaches the end of a sign it is tired. The third decanate of sign is ruled by malefics (saturn and mars) Its also a very karmic point…when planets are near the end of a sign typically 27 degrees-29/30 it means we are so close to completing a lesson on a spiritual level in this lifetime. So there is a sense of urgency that you want to get it right. Now venus rules relationships (so there might be some critical issues that arise in that area) but also venus rules money too. So there are critical issues that arises to teach you a karmic lesson. But if you meditate, do yoga, reiki, energy work- it will help to relieve some of the karma and the issues that arise won't be as painful). The 29th degree is also an "instant karma" point meaning if you make any poor decisions related to money you will immediately feel hardship. Whereas other people may not feel it until another lifetime. But if you become wise about money and make better decisions good karma will also start to show up quickly in your life :) So it's all how you handle the energy - don't worry so much about fixing specific situations, just focus on clearing your karma, and the rest will work itself out. But your chart is very karmic, so if you don't work on releasing karma it will always be one step forward 2 steps back.

***also the 29th degree shows that you have great intuition, so learn to trust your instincts because they are trying to guide you down the best path.

Last edited: