Vocation

madmansley

I've been trying to figure out career direction. The things that throw me off are mars in the tenth, and my mercury and jupiter being unaspected.

It seems something arts related with the mars,neptune,uranus,venus all connected to my sun trine the tenth and with saturn moon conjunction in the 5th trine the tenth.

Edit: I had the wrong chart up. Correct one is uploaded.

Attachments

• Astrotheme_Cb6QJ56yB4Dn.png
    Astrotheme_Cb6QJ56yB4Dn.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

The Cat astrologer

Vocational astrology needs an in-depth examination of the chart and a good deal of astrologer-querent interaction, something difficult having for free in a forum and it would be risky making choices based on a quick exam of a chart.

This being said I see the Sun lord 10 in the 12th in a humane sign (so I guess this isn't about herding big animals).
Your 12th sign is populated by the Sun and Mercury, Venus lord 12th is in your 1st house, so it could be in your power and/or afflicting you.
You have the Moon (and Saturn) in the 4th house, Mars is in 9th, not 10th.
All of this makes me think to hidden things related to humans and that requires high education.
So I guess for example psicology (not necessarily psycotherapy, you could be also a researcher or something else like a corporate psycologist in the HR or marketing department) or sociology/anthropology examining questions like, I do not know, genocides, organized crime etc.
In alternative espionage or counterespionage (with Uranus/Neptune conjunction in 3rd house opposed Mars and square the Sun maybe a work on communication interceptions, cryptography, electronic warfare, media manipulation?).
What worries me is the low essential dignity of Venus, Sun and Mars (this is also why I chose gloomy topics for sociological research with Venus in Scorpio).

madmansley

Sorry, I had the wrong chart up there. I fixed it. Thanks though, I've been reading the big threads on here and am starting to get it.

The Cat astrologer

Oh well, ok.
So, a Mars in Cancer -Venus in Scorpio trine with the Moon in the 6th (also square Venus and conjunct Saturn lord 6th) makes me think that maybe you could work for the health sector, maybe even as a surgeon, but the Mars opposition with Uranus and Neptune maybe makes the surgeon idea not a good one. Saturn is very important and rules the 5th (pediatry?) otherwise we could consider che body parts of the houses; your ascendant ruler is in the 2nd so the throat; Saturn rules 5 and 6th houses so stomach and intestines, but these are only hypothesis.

Another idea could the enternainment, but with all that Saturn I won't see you as an animator or an actor (well, maybe an horror movie actor).
Maybe as a cook, so we connect also with the lord of the ascendant in the 2nd.
Maybe even an artistic endeavour could be an idea since Saturn rules the 5th (creation) and you have Venus and Mars in trine. And Jupiter lord 7th (the "public") is in your house 1 in domicile plus exaltation of the lord of the ascendant.
Even if with a Venus in Scorpio and the relevance of Saturn I would expect an unconventional art (maybe also a bit macabre the more so with Mars lord 8th in the 10th).
With a 10th Mars opposite Neptune and Uranus that are posited in an earth sign you could try sculpture or clay modelling (water plus earth). But this is just a vague idea.

Last edited:

madmansley

Interesting. I've defnitley seen the suggestions for surgeon before, and have thought about it, more so because of it being a challenging career rather than any real interest in the medical field.

My parents thought I would make a good actor when I was younger though I never pursued it. I ended up being a musician and writer instead. Never liked horror movies much more of a goofball jokester.

Funny that you mention cook, I currently work in a deli and have worked in restaurants. While i've been a decent enough employee it's never been work I particularly enjoy in fact quite the opposite. I've never been much of a cook at home either.

What do you make of the saturn moon conjunction? if anything? What else should I be looking into?

Mercury being the ruler of the tenth and ascendent making no major aspects is also something I've been curious about and have found it hard to find any good information about online.

Last edited:

The Cat astrologer

The horror movie idea was a sillyness of mine (not completely bereft of sense, but it is only a particular and rare manifestation of Saturn and with Venus in Scorpio it didn't seemed so absurd).
Well often actors are seen as lively people like Jim Carrey/Eddie Murphy, but there are also actors that must interpret cool blooded politician etc, maybe I also hadn't gave enough importance to the Moon-Venus square since Venus rules both the Sun and Mercury.
Interesting that you mention music and writing, I tought about music, but I was uncertain, which music do you compose and what you write? With how much success?
I do not think that the Saturn-Moon conjunction is much important: it is separating and with nearly 4° of distance, more interesting are the Moon-Venus square and the Moon-Sun trine.
Still Saturn is an important influence for the Moon since disposes her.
I think that the Moon is influenced by making you more cold and with the need for organization and structure in your life.
Being lord 6th it could give you some propensity to illnesses, but being in domicile shouldn't be too terrible (well I am not an expert of medical astrology though).
It is also the lord 5th and aspecting the Sun and Venus, it could give you more structure and discipline in your approach to fun in general and also to creative and artistic endeavours. Saturn is also related to "logic humour" like sarcasm or irony (have you ever read the books of Ernst von Salomon? he had an eccellent irony and also he had an important Saturn influence).
Well with a quick analisys like this I do not know what else could be of particular relevance.
Maybe we had not worked enough on the fact that Mercury is in the 2nd house, you could work in a 2nd house related place, a bank (the 8th as other people's money would be more appropriate, still Mars lord 8th is in your 10th), a wardrobe, a food store, a storeroom (with the lord 3-9 trine you could also try import-export, goods delivery).
About Mercury every Virgo and Pisces rising generally have the lord of the ascendant and of the MC represented by the same planet; this is not a special feature.

It could suggest that you will be self-employed since Mercury is also without aspects (and also with the Moon in Saturn's domicile, and with an, although weak, conjunction and the Sun lord 12th of isolation is in the 1st house).

With Jupiter lord 7th in your 1st house if you do not succeed as an artist you could be a good seller.

Last edited:

madmansley

My personal music is rooted in the tradition of folk and blues, like Leonard Cohen, John Prine, Tom waits. Lyric heavy. It tends to not shy away from darker themes and imagery. I write obsessively at this point. It's pretty tied up in my identity for better or worse.

I seem to have some trouble getting it out there to others. When I do show people I'm met with positive response but I'm pretty hard on myself and never fully satisfied. I also wrote fantasy short stories when I was a kid and I write essays every now and again.

I've played as a guitarist in several other bands which ranged from funk/pop stuff to heavier metal and back to folk-punk. A few years ago, I made some moderate success in one band and we were on our way to starting a tour and signing with a subsidiary of sony when the band collapsed in on itself. Largely due to internal conflicts between the vocalist and the other guitar player(not me) who was a big creative force in the group.

I've certainly thought about self-employment before(who hasn't?) I'm pretty good at managing myself and thereby don't handle authority figures to well. I suppose I don't respect position for it's own sake but rather the merits of someones ability and successes.

I'll check out that author, I love that stuff.

The Cat astrologer

I think that blues could be considered a Moon/Saturnian music (melanconic feelings and sounds, but I am no way an expert on the matter).

I am Virgo rising myself and also I am rarely satisfied of myself, I know what it means.
Well maybe, while striving to improve, you should keep in mind that other people haven't your standards so they could like what you do now.
I have a similar relationship with authority myself, sometimes this causes me troubles.

Probably your Mars-Neptune/Uranus opposition could give you good elements to fantasy or sci-fi novels.
Considering the other planets I think that you could have inspiration for themes like the organization of the society in which the story unfolds: Moon lord 11th that disposes Mars and is in trine to Sun lord 12th besides being conjunct Saturn and in 6th; Sun is also square Mars (something about the detention system, espinage, mental alienation caused by the society?). Personal values and economic system (Venus lord 2nd exiled in the 2nd house, trine Mars and squaring the Moon), maybe something about people oppressed for their values or for urge of economic reforms.
Maybe you could find something even from that Pluto 3rd cusp conjunction.
These are only ideas, the themes could be different, friendship could be the central role for example (another 11th house theme).

Well, you could also make an essays on similar matters or write songs about this (well, I do not know, probably you aleady do!).