Natal chart and gender identity

graay ghost

It's been a while but I guess I should say that I am not a newbie.

I've decided that it is time again to contemplate my navel. Right now I guess I'm a nonbinary individual (neither strictly male nor female). It feels like a precarious place. I am wondering if it was always where I was meant to be or if I should be somewhere else. I guess you can't tell me but if there's anything in the chart that could help me figure things out, or how to be more comfortable with myself, or anything... that would be... helpful.

Thank you.

Attachments

• XYrHjTA.jpg
    XYrHjTA.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 52

Jadi

When speaking about gender issues, Mercury comes to mind. It governs the mind/brain and how it gets affected. I could give you a range of aspects that could make this such an important issue for you but you're probably not unfamiliar with those factors.

It rules the second house of self-image(which may play a huge role in gender-identification) and its other sign is intercepted in the fifth house which deals with the expression 'How do I feel about myself?' Being intercepted may mean that it demands extra attention in this lifetime.

Together with Chiron in the fourth, which deals with the relation to our inner core, it shows the relative struggle within you. The aspect of Saturn ensures that this is an ungoing issue, confronted in your sense of being by external factors. The inconjunction with Uranus/Neptune makes the whole ordeal highly pressing, it's constantly on your mind. Combine that with a Moon in Capricorn. Sun, also self-identity, is impacted by Uranus/Neptune.

Speaking of your inner-core, I see Venus promptly conjunct your IC, which obviously is the personification of that inner core. It being the chart ruler, you're probably presenting yourself as feminine primarily, in general that is. However, when it comes to partnerships, relationships and social circles, there's a very strong urge to present as masculine.

Look at Mars, it gets a strong aspect from a seventh house Pluto and Saturn in the tenth, talking about a strong demand that deals with insecurity regarding impression. Anytime you're in a relationship you may feel pressured to show your dominant side, that square to Saturn may bring up confronting situations that implores you to exert your masculinity in general and Pluto/Mars on the ascendant draws the need to flaunt it in personal relationships out of you.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Hey, look who the Mercury retrograde brought back. How's it hanging the graayest of ghosts?

Check this thread out, specifically the discussion that ensues after post #10 by greybeard. https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35360. The context of that discussion was Venus conjunct the ascendant and its relation to homosexuality, which is presumably in a man's chart.

Sure, you don't have Venus conjunct the ascendant. But you have the inverse - Mars conjunct the ascendant and biologically a woman. Mars, partile on the ascendant, in detriment, afflicted by the most contentious energies (Mercury included) paring down on your ascending degree. A very harsh Mars to live under.

unique_astrology

... but if there's anything in the chart that could help me figure things out, or how to be more comfortable with myself, or anything... that would be... helpful.

Thank you.

With the thought that knowledge is power I present some information you may not be aware of that might shine some light on your life experiences.

Having scanned the last 20 pages of your posts I read that you posted about loneliness and depression.

At the time of your last post last August your chart's progressed Sun at 137°32' (I make my measurements in right ascension) was opposite your chart's progressed Saturn at 317°55' (137°32' + 180° = 317°32'). As those were progressed points they were within an effective orb before and after exactness for several years [possibly as many as 6].

If your posted chart is correct the Zenith (a true 90° in space from the Asc) is at 318°56' and natal Saturn at 319°41' is on it. That is a permanent placement.

That Saturn on the Zenith is paran with natal Pluto when a chart by progression or daily transit has it's MC at 319°. Such a chart has your natal Saturn on it's MC and your natal Pluto on it's Desc. These are also permanent placements.

GraayGhost - Natal Chart

Saturn culminates at 319°41'.
Pluto sets at 318°50'.

The MC of your natal chart is at 302°36' The midpoint of natal Saturn and Neptune at 304°16' - less than 2° away.

Natal Mercury opposed by natal Saturn could indicate a tendency to see the negative side of things.

Those planets (Saturn, Neptune, and Pluto) individually and in pairings have been associated with both loneliness and depression.

Now for the rest of the story. Give. How did you get out? Was it because you agreed to cooperate with Mueller? Were you raided on the same day as Manafort? What is it like in the 'Big House'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sCo5GaDq7k

Last edited:

graay ghost

When speaking about gender issues, Mercury comes to mind. It governs the mind/brain and how it gets affected. I could give you a range of aspects that could make this such an important issue for you but you're probably not unfamiliar with those factors.

It rules the second house of self-image(which may play a huge role in gender-identification) and its other sign is intercepted in the fifth house which deals with the expression 'How do I feel about myself?' Being intercepted may mean that it demands extra attention in this lifetime.

Together with Chiron in the fourth, which deals with the relation to our inner core, it shows the relative struggle within you. The aspect of Saturn ensures that this is an ungoing issue, confronted in your sense of being by external factors. The inconjunction with Uranus/Neptune makes the whole ordeal highly pressing, it's constantly on your mind. Combine that with a Moon in Capricorn. Sun, also self-identity, is impacted by Uranus/Neptune.

Speaking of your inner-core, I see Venus promptly conjunct your IC, which obviously is the personification of that inner core. It being the chart ruler, you're probably presenting yourself as feminine primarily, in general that is. However, when it comes to partnerships, relationships and social circles, there's a very strong urge to present as masculine.

Look at Mars, it gets a strong aspect from a seventh house Pluto and Saturn in the tenth, talking about a strong demand that deals with insecurity regarding impression. Anytime you're in a relationship you may feel pressured to show your dominant side, that square to Saturn may bring up confronting situations that implores you to exert your masculinity in general and Pluto/Mars on the ascendant draws the need to flaunt it in personal relationships out of you.

Interesting. I mean, I guess I agree. The more I think about astrology's usage of feminine/masculine though the more I think it might not be so good, though. Yes we talk about femininity and masculinity and it "doesn't actually mean" this or that but it is a very layered thing. I would agree that I inherently have a soft nature but I cannot say that that soft nature is feminine. In fact I would say it is not feminine, but I don't think I can quite call it masculine either. :pouty: If it would accept a name that would make life easier but it refuses.

I think a lot of the "masculinity" comes from the fact that if I didn't take charge so many people around me would be so wishy-washy with their decision making. But it applies to posture and clothing now, too. Maybe even to how I speak. I don't know.

Now for the rest of the story. Give. How did you get out? Was it because you agreed to cooperate with Mueller? Were you raided on the same day as Manafort? What is it like in the 'Big House'?

How did I get out? I'll never tell. :bandit:

But seriously learning to socialize on one's own terms is a lifelong struggle. And that's what this is. I've figured out that this is at least part of the reason why I struggle to socialize with normal people. If you do not fit the prescription of what you should do then you have literally got to start from scratch and make up all your own rules. It's exhausting, I can definitely see why most people do not do it.

Osamenor

Staff member
Graay ghost! Welcome back! :biggrin: I've missed you.

Interesting. I mean, I guess I agree. The more I think about astrology's usage of feminine/masculine though the more I think it might not be so good, though. Yes we talk about femininity and masculinity and it "doesn't actually mean" this or that but it is a very layered thing. I would agree that I inherently have a soft nature but I cannot say that that soft nature is feminine. In fact I would say it is not feminine, but I don't think I can quite call it masculine either. :pouty: If it would accept a name that would make life easier but it refuses.

Queer astrology is kind of a field of its own, and its premise is exactly that: moving away from the masculine/feminine, heteronormative dichotomies. Energies are energies. They're not always a perfect match for masculinity or femininity. Neither are people. The Mountain Astrologer has run several articles on it. And there's the Queer Astrology Project.

Jadi

I would agree that I inherently have a soft nature but I cannot say that that soft nature is feminine. In fact I would say it is not feminine, but I don't think I can quite call it masculine either. :pouty: If it would accept a name that would make life easier but it refuses.
Perhaps this kind of thinking could also examplify a classic example of how the quincunx operates in your chart. Uranus/Neptune in the ninth house of philosophy aspecting your Mercury that way. A quincunx is a very stiff and rigid aspect forcing it's influence in this kind of manner, and then your Mercury is aspecting your Mars/ascendant.

But hey, that's my theory :innocent: