Moon conjunct Saturn

actio

For those of you with a Moon/Saturn conjunction, how much can you relate to these statements?

* ... you are vulnerable to being overwhelmed by your own emotional pain and sorrow. You find that you can deal with no one else because of it. You have been rejected, and the pain of that rejection has turned into resentment and bitterness.

* ... your heart has been squeezed dry and has turned rock-hard. You have no emotion to show, except what you display for pity’s sake. You have no love to give, but you are ever ready to take. ... you feel emotionally crippled and make no effort to help yourself to a normally functioning emotional life, preferring instead to dwell upon your present state.

* ... you are likely to manifest emotional insecurity, particularly with regard to the love and nurturing that you receive (or are capable of receiving) from others.

* ... you may feel that everyone else knows instinctively how to give and receive nurturing and how to express their emotions, but that you have been born lacking the basic equipment to make sense of the world emotionally. You may react to your ineptitude by blocking yourself off from your emotions ... you are likely to manifest some emotional distancing and fear of rejection. Emotional life becomes a major issue for you throughout your course of self-development.

* ... you might have a feeling of rootlessness, separation from your collective heritage. This may be accompanied by a feeling of loneliness or by an intensely personal and autonomous sense of existence. ... you may also experience emotional blockage, resulting in your conscious awareness of life being cold, abstract and without context.

* Unification of Moon and Saturn aspects: ... You are strong and disciplined while being nurturing and responsive. You are creative and pay attention to form. You are intuitive and apply that intuition concretely. You feel keenly and are enduring in your ability bear emotional pain. You are patient in your compassion, yet you demand responsibility both in yourself and in those whom you would assist and care for. In all things, you express the idea of father and of mother simultaneously. Realizing that the Becoming is already the Become, you accept what is and you are long-suffering. You do not withdraw yourself emotionally, but rather you pour forth your emotional support, steadily, with love, for as long as there is need.

Last edited:

waybread

I don't have this aspect, but what a bunch of dispiriting, disempowering delineations! Who writes this stuff? The last one was fine, but the first five would make anybody want to crawl under a rock.

How about one like, "With moon conjunct Saturn, you are learning how to be emotionally self-sufficient, and you may have a special fondness for older people, history, or older houses. Have you considered becoming an architect? You have a strong parental nature. Even if you are not a parent yourself, you may find yourself in this role with other people, especially children."

Last edited:

actio

It mentioned learning and progression, as most astrological description do, but I was more interested in the initial or starting state of what's considered to be a hard aspect between moon and saturn and whether such difficulties in having it are true of people with this aspect.

Therese

I have Moon conjunct Saturn in Virgo. What's more, my mother has the same, And we are very different. If this is such a fated and definitive aspect, how come my mother and I are so dissimilar?

The first few paragraphs opening this thread are a bit extreme, to say the least. Can you see this person in front of you? It all sounds very tragic and dramatic. It's just that I doubt anyone can live their lives like that. I mean, I have a five-planet stellium in Scorpio and Jupiter in Leo, but even in my "prime", during my teenage years, I could not maintain such a tragic gloom and doom for more than a few days in one go.

Rejection and disappointment are part and parcel of life. I'm pretty sure everyone goes through phases like that whether their Moon is conjunct Saturn natally or not.

I don't know enough people with this aspect, so I will rely on myself. It's true that I was nurtured in a different way than how I would have liked to be at the time. For example, my mother is mostly air (gemini) and I am mostly water (scorpio). We think, feel, express ourselves, etc, in very different ways. Being a mother is a very important part of us, but it's totally unrealistic and even narcissistic to expect others to turn themselves inside out or upside down and become a totally different person so that we can have an ideal "relationship" of any kind.

I would list a solid sense of reality in my top 5 if I had to make a list of things I attribute to my Moon-Saturn.And I was not "born" that way. Unfortunately it was a process and not a very pleasant one, and it was "mediated" mostly by my mother. It's not others' fault that they are not what we want them to be. It's not the stone's fault that it's not a flower. My mom is neither cold nor bitter, she actually has a great sense of humour. But it's impossible to idealize her in any way, she's so far from being perfect. What a bummer for a Virgo Moon, a mother who is erratic, inconsistent, unpredictable and immune to logic. Total disappointment.

Frustration on both sides was inevitable. Going through feeling misunderstood and rejected by the other was also unavoidable. But to think that this is where it stops, is a very limited and limiting view of a person.

What about working through feelings of frustration, rejection and abandonment and coming to the realization that it sprang from our differences, and that the other (in this case, the mother) is not an all-powerful and omniscient presence, but a fellow human being who is just as fallible and imperfect as we are? What about being able to distinguish true relating to the other as a person from being stuck viewing others constantly through the lens of what we need from them?

I'm not sure that it's possible to end up with something as negative as those paragraphs suggest. What I do know is that it's possible to develop an awareness and differentiation between needing the other and relating to the other. Saturn, along with "limiting" and "restricting", also urges us to be self-reliant. He urges us to turn inwards to find what we were hoping to get from others. Yes, it can be painful. But it can also be liberating.

As a Moon-Saturn person, it seems to me that real connection and true relating does not abound. People, women, expecially, often mix up being needed with being loved.

And I think that whoever wrote those paragraphs, makes the same mistake.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with needs. We all have them. It's just that I think that it is my own job to be aware of and satisfy my own needs, and not somebody else's. What I expect from the other person, and from life in general, is just to be themselves, and leave it to me to cope with it.

Also, I am not easily manipulated or emotionally blackmailed, nor am I prone to resorting to such. I usually tend to "deal with it" when I feel that I am approaching the other person from a place of need.

Last edited:

waybread

Therese, this is just beautifully stated! In your own way, I think you have expressed a positive experience of being moon conjunct Saturn.

Pdstelle

My husband has a conjunction Moon Saturn in Pisces in house 3 and this paragraph (unfortunately especially the first part of it!) depicts him perfectly.

selena

I have moon saturn conjunction in leo in 3rd house.
I must say that in some years it was for me like this 5th paragraph.
whith age it easier for me to deal with it.
I had life long this feeling not beeing good enough, I had to work on my self love, self power. I had to learn to look at world like a nice place to be, like it's safe place,
Thanks to saturn I could learn :)
I had to learn how to express my emotions and needs, because I thought they are less important then the needs of other people.
I have inclination towards deppresiion and I had to learn to coupe with that. - the self love and optimistic approach to life helped a lot.

I had the feeling that nobody understands me, that I will die not to know the feeling of knowing someone who will be similar to me.

In my chart it's difficult aspect between those planets because they don't have any other aspects except with each other. and moon is my asc ruler because I'm cancer rising, and my saturn is my desc ruler.
It wasn't easy at all for me.
But it's much better now with age, and maybe thanks to pluto transits. I have powerfull pluto in my chart - it's in 4th house in libra conjuncting my sun mercuty and north node.

Iced8Ace

I have this aspect and the description is terribly fatalistic to me; no offence actio.

I think with Moon conjunct Saturn, there will always be a hunger to receive emotional support - but when it comes your way, you will not want it because it is either temporary or lacks in true sincerity. Saturn tends to criticize and scrutinize everything. I've always held my mother accountable for being a bad parent, simply because whenever I was in distress, she would tend to ignore or blow off my feelings. I grew up lonely, believing that I had to take care of myself and causing an uneven balance in my relationships.

Saturn in Pisces, 7th house, square Jupiter, conjunct moon and mercury.

Rick

Banned
A family member of mine has Moon Conj Sat in the 12th...she's very reserved and seems overwhelmed by her emotions...she's quite cold and has very few friends...

astralrabbit

Account Closed
I have a moon conjunct Saturn in leo in my seventh house~ Saturn certainly doesn't stop that ever so flowing dramatic energy of the Leo moon~ lol. it only helps to refine that energy I feel.
I have had a wonderful relationship with my mom all through out my life and I would have to say that I get along well with older generations. I have always accrued a lot of responsibilty since I started working as a teenager. I must say that for me, this aspect is a positive attribute.

waybread

I suspect that whether one experiences a moon-Saturn conjunction as positive or negative depends upon how it is aspected; but also, to some extent, upon whether the person is interested in developing a more constructive outlook on life.

Selena, if it's any consolation, I've never felt that anybody understood me. I don't see that as a big problem, however. Anybody who truly understood us would see all of the negatives as well as our positives.

selena

waybread I don't have that feeling now. But I used to have that, I could understand almost everybody in every situation.
I'm not scared to show people close to me all my sides :) If our bond is real they stay anyway and if it's not I don't need them in my life anyway
I changed a lot my approach to file and people, but as I said this required from me lots of work.

Kuntuzangmo

I agree with the others who said the original comments were extreme.
I have moon/saturn conj in capricorn 5th. I think it has given me a certain detachment regarding everything. So do I have emotions? Of course...but I think with saturn it's easier to see their temporary fluctuating nature without getting swept away by them. My mom was a capricorn and while she was bright, generous, smart...she was not cuddly. So learning how to trust things like spontaneous affection (without an agenda) has been something for me to learn.

Kali

A very good friend of mine has the moon conjunct Saturn in the 5th. All his other planets are in the 4th quadrant and many aspect the moon and Saturn, emphasizing this placement. If you asked him, he would agree that he was emotionally blocked. He spent years as a sex addict, pillaging women for sex, overwhelmed with emptiness and an inability to connect. It took years for him to work through it and get to the place where, at 45, he is finally able to have a healthy romantic relationship...one with emotions.

For those of you with a Moon/Saturn conjunction, how much can you relate to these statements?

* ... you are vulnerable to being overwhelmed by your own emotional pain and sorrow. You find that you can deal with no one else because of it. You have been rejected, and the pain of that rejection has turned into resentment and bitterness.

* ... your heart has been squeezed dry and has turned rock-hard. You have no emotion to show, except what you display for pity’s sake. You have no love to give, but you are ever ready to take. ... you feel emotionally crippled and make no effort to help yourself to a normally functioning emotional life, preferring instead to dwell upon your present state.

* ... you are likely to manifest emotional insecurity, particularly with regard to the love and nurturing that you receive (or are capable of receiving) from others.

* ... you may feel that everyone else knows instinctively how to give and receive nurturing and how to express their emotions, but that you have been born lacking the basic equipment to make sense of the world emotionally. You may react to your ineptitude by blocking yourself off from your emotions ... you are likely to manifest some emotional distancing and fear of rejection. Emotional life becomes a major issue for you throughout your course of self-development.

* ... you might have a feeling of rootlessness, separation from your collective heritage. This may be accompanied by a feeling of loneliness or by an intensely personal and autonomous sense of existence. ... you may also experience emotional blockage, resulting in your conscious awareness of life being cold, abstract and without context.

* Unification of Moon and Saturn aspects: ... You are strong and disciplined while being nurturing and responsive. You are creative and pay attention to form. You are intuitive and apply that intuition concretely. You feel keenly and are enduring in your ability bear emotional pain. You are patient in your compassion, yet you demand responsibility both in yourself and in those whom you would assist and care for. In all things, you express the idea of father and of mother simultaneously. Realizing that the Becoming is already the Become, you accept what is and you are long-suffering. You do not withdraw yourself emotionally, but rather you pour forth your emotional support, steadily, with love, for as long as there is need.

The first 5 points sum it up almost perfectly for me. I am a completely messed up soul it would seem....