My Chart

bt_

Just wondering if anyone sees anything particularly good or bad in my chart or anything interesting. I dont really know how to read a chart so im asking you all! Thank you so much :smile:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_britney_taylor.30341.474.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_britney_taylor.30341.474.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 24

bt_

Okay hey quick question. Is my sun in the 1st or 2nd house? And what is my ruling planet? Thank you your help is appreciated!

JUPITERASC

Okay hey quick question. Is my sun in the 1st or 2nd house? And what is my ruling planet? Thank you your help is appreciated!

That seems a simple enough question bt but there is considerable controversy regarding the various possible answers! That's due to the fact there are over forty house systems and at least fourteen in regular use by various different astrologers according to their personal preference. The most popular fourteen are available on astro.com on the extended chart selection page, under Options and adjacent to house systems. If you experiment with Whole Sign for example, then your sun is in the 2nd house, although with some other systems it is in the 1st house. Experiment with choosing from the various house systems and you'll get the idea :smile:
Anachiel has previously posted this useful advice on the matter:

It is my belief that this confusion generally arises from taking house systems out of the context of their time and the particular methods they were each applied to.
For example, in this particular case, Ptolemy in his third book of the Tetrabiblos describes two completely different house divisions when focusing on life and death matters. The difference is the calculation (or perspective) in order to determine the difference between what "rules" life and death in the chart vs. when they actually are "active" and can be "used". So, you see a difference in divisions as to how to first determine what is, as opposed to, when to use what is. Each having a different way to divide the chart to determine these.
I am certainly no scholar and I leave that to greater minds but, there appears to me to be a lost view of perspective as to when to use different house systems for particular reasons. It was not just a free-for-all by any means and there was a method in choosing what has now become madness of choice. lol

house systems thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36069 :smile:

Last edited: