Take new job offer or stay at the same?

Hi people,

I am being rushed to sign for a new position asap, but with mercury and mars retrograde,I am really conflicted.

Can anyone take a look at the natal chart (with transits) to let me know if it looks at all positive if I decide to sign or if I should stay with my current job.

Attachments

• 37290008_1857980251178134_789723152908288000_n.jpg
    37290008_1857980251178134_789723152908288000_n.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 23

Osamenor

Staff member
Who's rushing you into it? Is this a job you applied for, or were you contacted by a recruiter? Is it a new role with your current employer, or is it a position at a different company?

Rushing into accepting a new job without carefully reviewing the terms and the contract is never a good idea, especially when you're already employed. But it's not clear what you mean by "being rushed." It's one thing if this is a job you applied for and went through a lengthy interview process and now they want you to start as soon as you can reasonably leave your current job. It's another if your current employer wants you to take on a new role with the same company. It's still another if you didn't apply for the job, you were contacted by a recruiter, and/or now they're demanding that you start right away without even giving an appropriate advance notice to your current job.

Retrogrades aren't always a bad time to start a new job--sometimes you have to during a retrograde, especially if you're unemployed or have a toxic job--but they are a signal to not rush, carefully review any contract before signing it, and make sure that you and the employer are on the same page and everything about this job--duties, pay, commute, environment--is acceptable to you.

Hi Osamenor and thank you for taking the time to reply.

Its a former employee of my current company who is setting up a new company on behalf of its owners and is building a team. He started talking me into leaving this company (without offering me the job at the time, as it wasnt born yet as an idea) loong time ago. He made the proposal to join them one or 2 months ago. I said that im interested, as my current job is stagnating, but starting from september. He agreed initially on the starting date. The role (title) and the payment has changed multiple times and until this day it is not certain. Although the job functio, in terms of content of duties remains the same, the responsibility that comes with it, isnt (now its much higher).
Therefore, and because now he kind of depends on me (my license is needed in particular), although before he just wanted me to join because he trusted me as a person, he is now rushing me into replying to him and joining asap, because my response will make things run faster in terms of the operation of the company.

He is a big talker too (gemini-lol) and an occasional white lier.

So, although i did not apply for it, I expressed my complaints to him from the beginning of our working relationship (when he first came to the current company i still am now) about how im not happy there and there is no evolvement. So, hes the one who started the whole thing and actually promised the owners that he will recruit me without even asking me!! Only by counting on my willingless to leave...which is not very reliable or professional.

The salary, the duties and the environment are not 100% clear or agreed upon until today.
Gotcha, you are very clear. I presume that because this conversation started long time ago, and provided i clear up all the ambiguities, there should be no problem with the viability of that relationship. Right?
Mars retro will have me sleepy theoughout the relationship? Haha 😆

Osamenor

Staff member
The concerning part is that there's never been any clarity on the role, job title, or pay. Those are things you absolutely must have clarity on before accepting any job, whether there are any retrogrades going on or not.

That this is a startup is also of some concern, in that there's a lack of certainty with startups. Some people are comfortable taking a job with one, knowing full well it might fold within a year or two (many startups do). But it sounds like you currently have a stable job. Are you really willing to throw that away for something uncertain? Your friend sounds overconfident, too (do you know what Jupiter is doing in his chart?), which doesn't bode well for any company he starts. It takes a lot of confidence to be an entrepreneur, but to be an entrepreneur whose business takes off and does well, you also have to be realistic.

Astrology doesn't cause situations, just reflects them. Seems that all these retrogrades going on reflect your friend pressuring him to join him in this ill-planned venture, and the stagnation at your current job. Since you already have a stable job, I'd say this isn't the time to change. If you want something less stagnant, look for it outside of work. The stagnation in your job may ease up when all the retrogrades end, and if it doesn't, then if you've been pursuing extracurricular interests with more variety, you'll have a better sense of what you want to be doing. If you want to change jobs then, you'll be better equipped to make a good choice.

Dear Osamenor,

Thank you for providing some clarity in my request. wise words.

I dont know what his Jupiter is doing in his own chart, but the ultimate point is the trust issue and his overpromising attitude with no guarantees to deliver, that I cant get over, therefore I will go with my gut instinct and refuse this one.

Thanks again.