Advice on career choices

Z

zuzupetals

Would anyone be willing to suggest a career direction for me based on my natal chart? I have yet to find life's work that I truly love -- I wonder if there are career possibilities that I am neglecting to consider?

Nov 30 1972, 11:04 a.m., 38n49 82w12

I appreciate any information you can share -- Thanks!

Z

zuzupetals

Thanks to the poster who gave information on how to post my natal chart.

The only problem is that the link generated by the program shows a chart based on 82E12, not the 82W12 that I programmed.

Therefore, in order to get the correct chart (with my 28 Capricorn ASC), you have to manually go to the data and chage the Eastern longitude to Western longitude. I DO NOT have a Leo ASC. If you see a chart with a Leo ASC, change the longitude to W manually.

Here is the link, if anyone would like to take a look and share any insights:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/chart.php?y=1972&m=11&d=30&h=11&min=4&lat=38.82&long=82.2&zone=10

wilsontc

Staff member
Always give the city and state/country in your char requests

zuzupetals,

For a majority of people, their astrology program requires them to enter the name of a person's birth location. Based on this information the coordinates and time adjustments are automatically calculated. To get the widest possible response, please include you city and state/country in your request.

Trying to help,

Tim

Z

zuzupetals

Thanks for the tip! I wrongly thought that the lat/long would be more useful to folks because I was born in kind of a backwater.

The name of the town proper is Gallipolis, Ohio.

Hope that makes things easier . . .

wilsontc

Staff member
Career vs. Life goals

zuzupetals,

You have Sun (self-expression) conjunct (energy is combined with) Neptune (spirituality, also confusion) focused in the 10th house (duty, also career, structure) so you may be confused about how to express yourself in a career. However, your North node (future goals) is focused in the 12th house (spirituality), indicating that, on some level, you are on a "spiritual path" in your life. Of course, this does not translate easily into a career.

I suggest a "two prong" focus to this issue. One focus, your North node, the spirituality you need to express yourself is what you do for personal fulfillment. The other focus, your career, is what you do for money. With all the Scorpio (transformation, also psychology, healing) and the T-square focused on Pluto (transformation, also psychology, healing) focused in the 8th house (transformation, also psychology, healing), I'd suggest looking at psychology or healing, perhaps alternative healing (with the T-square also focused on Uranus (friends, also innovation). On the practical level this could be helping create psychological tests such as those used on job hiring applications.

Wishing you luck with your career search,

Tim

Z

zuzupetals

Thank you, wilsontc, for your generous consideration and thoughts on my chart. You are right about the muddledness and confusion concerning my professional life -- I have been aware of that Sun/Neptune conjunction clouding my career thinking ever since I spent years in higher education, adding courses of study and prolonging decision-making. I was not there so long because I couldn't finish, but because I was trying to avoid having to settle on a course of action! I also think that my Sun self-expression is probably compromised by the Saturn opposition.

I appreciated your thoughts on my 12th house NN, because I have always had trouble wrapping my mind around what, precisely, the proper focus of the 12th house is. I imagine that all of the concepts that are mentioned in conjunction with it -- spirituality, death, secrets, institutions, solitude, the subconscious -- are attempts to express a more ethereal concept, but I can't quite grasp it.

However, I am not sure that I understand your comments regarding a T-square in my chart involving Pluto. Even when I increase all aspect orb limits to 10, the NN-SN opposition only squares my wide Uranus (21 Lib 35) - Moon (12 Lib 08) conjunction. By my calcluations, Pluto (4 Lib 03) is a bit wide to be included in the aspect.

Can you help me understand your T-square observations involving Pluto? They seemed to be behind some of your more specific remarks involving career path suggestions. I appreciate any clarification you can offer!

wilsontc

Staff member
Collection of energy

zuzupetals,

I think of astrology charts as collections of energy patterns, not as individual planetary energies. So all I was saying is that you have a stellium (collection of energy) of Moon-Uranus-Pluto as the focus of a T-square between Jupiter conjunct North node and South node. Yes, the orbs aren't exact, but all the energy is "tied together" by the stellium's connection to the North and South node.

Taking an energetic approach to astrology,

Tim