I'm moving to Bristol... things seem good but the catch...

JStoryz

I'm thinking of moving to Bristol, UK between 2017 to 2018 to further my studies and probably working there after graduating.
This is my natal chart -
Natal_zpslwfgug8o.png

When I moved to Bristol, it becomes like this :
Relocated_zps05ewsfvo.png

The Pros I can see is:

So I have a fire trine of Mars, Jupiter and Sun in 2nd, 6th and 10th house respectively. When I moved there, it would be turned in a way that Sun, Mars and Jupiter would be in 1st, 6th and 10th house respectively instead.

There's a Pluto in 5th shifted to 9th house - Good for Master's degree research or maybe PhD I guess...

Jupiter conjunct Midheaven

Venus in 9th shifted to 1st house - Vain but maybe I'll turn charming?

But the catch is:
Neptune and Uranus from 7th and 8th house got thrown into 12th house utterly (I'm not sure but most gone-case type of person with drug addicts or criminal deviance seemed to have this placement from the samples I see at the free-tutorial sites, correct me if I'm wrong)
And one site suggests that health would be pretty ups and downs a lot. (Plus that Mars shifted to 6th house)

Moon in the 8th house got thrown there too

I suddenly got a stellium 1st house - Over-vain much? Selfish, self-centered much?

Also there's a Pluto squaring AC - which some forumite suggests they got a stalker back then when they moved there.

Now the question is - Is that a wrong place to move? What could be foreseen being really fatally wrong to me if I moved? Is it worth it for the possible flaws I can't see?
Also if you saw something that I didn't see ('cause I'm a newbie and readings around just confuse me a lot :pinched:)

Thank you very much

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Your natal ascendant is ruled by the Moon in the 8th house, so that placement and it's aspects are at the forefront of your natal chart.

The move will switch your ascendant to Aquarius with the ruler being Saturn conjunct Mercury in the 1st. Your chart ruler in the 1st is a positive placement.

Your Jupiter in it's own sign becomes beautifully placed right on the Midheaven and you gain further access to it since your chart ruler squares it.

Venus would be considered conjunct your Ascendant as well and so would now be connected to Jupiter through the "mundane square" phenomena, when two planets are not in aspect but are on the angles. That's also very positive.

To me, this relocation looks like it would be a great place to make something of yourself with work and dedication. Mars is traditionally said to "joy" in the 6th house of work and the trine to Jupiter in the 10th, it would seem you'd have the drive and enjoyment in the work.

But it will also make you have to proactively wield your Saturn/Mercury conjunction in Pisces as this placement should gain more prominence in your life.

JStoryz

Your natal ascendant is ruled by the Moon in the 8th house, so that placement and it's aspects are at the forefront of your natal chart.

The move will switch your ascendant to Aquarius with the ruler being Saturn conjunct Mercury in the 1st. Your chart ruler in the 1st is a positive placement.

Your Jupiter in it's own sign becomes beautifully placed right on the Midheaven and you gain further access to it since your chart ruler squares it.

Venus would be considered conjunct your Ascendant as well and so would now be connected to Jupiter through the "mundane square" phenomena, when two planets are not in aspect but are on the angles. That's also very positive.

To me, this relocation looks like it would be a great place to make something of yourself with work and dedication. Mars is traditionally said to "joy" in the 6th house of work and the trine to Jupiter in the 10th, it would seem you'd have the drive and enjoyment in the work.

But it will also make you have to proactively wield your Saturn/Mercury conjunction in Pisces as this placement should gain more prominence in your life.
Wow! Thank you so much for your spot-on and professional reply! I was oblivious to the fact that Saturn is too a ruler of Aquarius too. I kept thinking about Uranus and I'm like oh no the ruler is dumped in 12th.

I just learned mundane square from you. Thanks, time to research on that.

Regarding the Saturn-Mercury in Pisces, I guess it shouldn't be much a problem... I had been thinking of lots of philosophies and writing quite a number of stories. Striving to be a writer too. Hopefully that 10th house would help as Jupiter rules publications too (was it?)

And wow everything seems too good to be true. There isn't really any drawbacks? (Well other than no relationship which I think I would put less focus on once I get there) since I had been driving to 8th house (sex or the other world) for the last 20+ years, I should really be making a self for real now.

I was worried if I had been seeing things through the rose window since Neptune is transiting my 9th house now at my place. :( :(
And thinking of the what-ifs like what if I can't make a living there. Being translator or lecturer or writer doesn't seem to be able to cover most living expenses.

How do you view the shift of moon opposite Mars from a 2nd-8th pair to a 12th-6th pair
Does it symbolize how lacking of nurturing or the mother make the person'a health bad? As the person devoted the whole energy working and neglected his health?

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Wow! Thank you so much for your spot-on and professional reply! I was oblivious to the fact that Saturn is too a ruler of Aquarius too. I kept thinking about Uranus and I'm like oh no the ruler is dumped in 12th.

I just learned mundane square from you. Thanks, time to research on that.

Regarding the Saturn-Mercury in Pisces, I guess it shouldn't be much a problem... I had been thinking of lots of philosophies and writing quite a number of stories. Striving to be a writer too. Hopefully that 10th house would help as Jupiter rules publications too (was it?)

And wow everything seems too good to be true. There isn't really any drawbacks? (Well other than no relationship which I think I would put less focus on once I get there) since I had been driving to 8th house (sex or the other world) for the last 20+ years, I should really be making a self for real now.

I was worried if I had been seeing things through the rose window since Neptune is transiting my 9th house now at my place. :( :(
And thinking of the what-ifs like what if I can't make a living there. Being translator or lecturer or writer doesn't seem to be able to cover most living expenses.

How do you view the shift of moon opposite Mars from a 2nd-8th pair to a 12th-6th pair
Does it symbolize how lacking of nurturing or the mother make the person'a health bad? As the person devoted the whole energy working and neglected his health?

Your outer planets (Uranus/Neptune/Pluto) aren't really forming any tight aspects to your personal planets in your chart, so you shouldn't feel them shifting around that much unless you put them on an angle like the Asc/Dsc or MC/IC axis.

Moving Saturn out of the 9th house should help in the area of writing / publishing, it will at least bring a different dynamic into play. In your relocated chart, the 9th house is ruled by Mars which connects to the Moon in the 12th and Jupiter on the MC. Mars also rules the 2nd house so there is that connection to money.

It seems fitting then with the Moon in the 12th, the emotional experiences of fantasy could translate through the work through Mars in the 6th and Saturn/Mercury in Pisces in the 1st. All connected to Jupiter on the MC could help your creativity get noticed, or give opportunities for that. Mars, ruler of the 2nd also connected to Jupiter could be beneficial for some type of reward for your work.

It's not as if moving will suddenly turn you into a George RR Martin overnight or what have you, but you might find more opportunities and experience here to help you along.

In any case, on a basic level of astrocartography, moving to your Jupiter/Venus crossing such as this place is considered generally very fortunate regardless.

Last edited:

JStoryz

Your outer planets (Uranus/Neptune/Pluto) aren't really forming any tight aspects to your personal planets in your chart, so you shouldn't feel them shifting around that much unless you put them on an angle like the Asc/Dsc or MC/IC axis.

Moving Saturn out of the 9th house should help in the area of writing / publishing, it will at least bring a different dynamic into play. In your relocated chart, the 9th house is ruled by Mars which connects to the Moon in the 12th and Jupiter on the MC. Mars also rules the 2nd house so there is that connection to money.

It seems fitting then with the Moon in the 12th, the emotional experiences of fantasy could translate through the work through Mars in the 6th and Saturn/Mercury in Pisces in the 1st. All connected to Jupiter on the MC could help your creativity get noticed, or give opportunities for that. Mars, ruler of the 2nd also connected to Jupiter could be beneficial for some type of reward for your work.

It's not as if moving will suddenly turn you into a George RR Martin overnight or what have you, but you might find more opportunities and experience here to help you along.

In any case, on a basic level of astrocartography, moving to your Jupiter/Venus crossing such as this place is considered generally very fortunate regardless.

I never knew the opposite could work this way! I had always been thinking how mars and moon aren't really in one ally and always tries to get the upper hand on another, hence the two energies repelling each other. Thank you so much for sharing your really helpful insights. I learned a lot!

I thought Uranus would have some significance since it's also the ruler of Aquarius which is the ascendant, but you have made a fair point too... the outer planets, if not suspecting the personal planets, aren't really felt. I can relate to this, back when I travelled to places with Venus in 8th I only felt the effect of Venus in 8th; as well as the Saturn in 8th, it was almost immediate and really noticeable.

Do you happen to have some insights regarding this very huge first house? I had so far never seen one with three signs in the house.. I tried googling but nothing came out :( the sun in Aries feels like it's in first house but the cusp of the sign is at the second house. I was very much confused identifying this part of the chart. It's as if they are all members of the same house but they aren't. First house gets the interception but it wasn't really intercepted....

HoldOrFold

I never knew the opposite could work this way! I had always been thinking how mars and moon aren't really in one ally and always tries to get the upper hand on another, hence the two energies repelling each other. Thank you so much for sharing your really helpful insights. I learned a lot!

I thought Uranus would have some significance since it's also the ruler of Aquarius which is the ascendant, but you have made a fair point too... the outer planets, if not suspecting the personal planets, aren't really felt. I can relate to this, back when I travelled to places with Venus in 8th I only felt the effect of Venus in 8th; as well as the Saturn in 8th, it was almost immediate and really noticeable.

Do you happen to have some insights regarding this very huge first house? I had so far never seen one with three signs in the house.. I tried googling but nothing came out :( the sun in Aries feels like it's in first house but the cusp of the sign is at the second house. I was very much confused identifying this part of the chart. It's as if they are all members of the same house but they aren't. First house gets the interception but it wasn't really intercepted....

In regards to your Moon/Mars opposition, it will stimulate activity because they're connected. The opposition isn't all unicorns and rainbows, but regardless it activates the respective houses and qualities of the planets, it just takes some work. I have natal Pluto in the 3rd opposite Mercury in the 9th, and it's one of my most difficult placements but has produced some very interesting and useful things over the years.

When it comes to rulerships over signs, I will always default to the traditional rulerships for a few reasons. One is that it's the system that's been used for thousands of years, another is when you look at the pattern of the traditional rulerships, it is actually beautifully symmetrical:

VedicSignsFigure1.jpg

^ You can see the signs are in order with the traditional rulerships in perfect symmetry. You can see even the planets are in order... Saturn at the top then Jupiter, etc.

Another reason is because I know several people who are Scorpio rising, and each of them strongly embody the traits of their natal Mars position, which is their traditional ruling planet. None of them embody their Pluto position. But in more rare cases, the outer planets are activated and they usually lead very interesting lives. Personally, I think it's a type of personal evolution where your outer planets get activated and take over co-rulership of their respective signs in rarer cases.

Good question re: your big 1st (and 7th) house. Honestly, it's a tricky one. You'll see that there's no house cusp in Pisces or Virgo and that means both those signs are called "intercepted". This means Jupiter only rules over the 10th house, and using modern rulership Neptune doesn't rule any house at all! The jury is out on the effects of intercepted signs (and the planets ruling them), some say it means the qualities of the signs in question are under-developped in the native and the signs which have two house cusps on them (e.g. Capricorn and Cancer in your relocated chart) are more highly developed.

JStoryz

In regards to your Moon/Mars opposition, it will stimulate activity because they're connected. The opposition isn't all unicorns and rainbows, but regardless it activates the respective houses and qualities of the planets, it just takes some work. I have natal Pluto in the 3rd opposite Mercury in the 9th, and it's one of my most difficult placements but has produced some very interesting and useful things over the years.

When it comes to rulerships over signs, I will always default to the traditional rulerships for a few reasons. One is that it's the system that's been used for thousands of years, another is when you look at the pattern of the traditional rulerships, it is actually beautifully symmetrical:

VedicSignsFigure1.jpg

^ You can see the signs are in order with the traditional rulerships in perfect symmetry. You can see even the planets are in order... Saturn at the top then Jupiter, etc.

Another reason is because I know several people who are Scorpio rising, and each of them strongly embody the traits of their natal Mars position, which is their traditional ruling planet. None of them embody their Pluto position. But in more rare cases, the outer planets are activated and they usually lead very interesting lives. Personally, I think it's a type of personal evolution where your outer planets get activated and take over co-rulership of their respective signs in rarer cases.

Good question re: your big 1st (and 7th) house. Honestly, it's a tricky one. You'll see that there's no house cusp in Pisces or Virgo and that means both those signs are called "intercepted". This means Jupiter only rules over the 10th house, and using modern rulership Neptune doesn't rule any house at all! The jury is out on the effects of intercepted signs (and the planets ruling them), some say it means the qualities of the signs in question are under-developped in the native and the signs which have two house cusps on them (e.g. Capricorn and Cancer in your relocated chart) are more highly developed.
Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply! Yeah now speaking of that, I do notice how my natal mars opposite moon did make me to work and create some useful things over the years. Tension as it seems, but it's fairly constructive after all I guess.

Well a hidden Neptune that doesn't really rule any houses seem good for a journey without illusions and lies and disappointment. For some reason I notice the outer planets don't do apparent changes, they are always at the background doing some dramatic changes that would alter you on a huge scale forever. It's like a such slam on your face on one fine day during transit.

How do you think about the intercepted planets then? Well as deceiving as the natal chart looks, apparently my Pisces-Virgo is also intercepted in natal slightly. I heard that intercepted planets are planets who try to adapt to the house with environment that seems so foreign to them.

The cusp of ascendant goes to Aquarius - which produces a smart, sociable, techy or maybe strange, unique impression in others. With Aries as part of it I would assume active and assertive character too especially with sun right there. But what about the Mercury Saturn in between. Mercury alone in ascendant suggests an intelligent personality while Saturn suggests a serious appearance . While they are all intercepted in Pisces which suggests an easygoing, imaginative artistic spiritual personality, and is commonly found in artists. I wonder with such interception and blend of three signs, what would the outcome be like...
(Suddenly the blend looks so perfect for creative career)
As the planets are intercepted, the powers are too underdeveloped? Or they are not well controlled?

And wow the symmetry looks so beautiful that I suddenly want to go full traditional astrology instead as it not only looks symmetrically beautiful but also less confusing and more relatable since the inner planets are having more strength being closer to us.

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

For some reason I notice the outer planets don't do apparent changes, they are always at the background doing some dramatic changes that would alter you on a huge scale forever. It's like a such slam on your face on one fine day during transit.

Yes exactly, I notice that especially with the transits from outer planets. One of the more dramatic ones for me was transiting Neptune squaring my natal Mars for about 2 years. It was background influence, not immediately perceptible but it really snuck in and changed everything and by the middle onwards I was knee deep in Neptune's world. People came into my life with planets at the degree of transiting Neptune and then they left my life when the transit was over. Also events were triggered when fast moving planets squared, opposed or conjunct either transiting Neptune or my natal Mars. It really was textbook stuff and fascinating in retrospect.

How do you think about the intercepted planets then? Well as deceiving as the natal chart looks, apparently my Pisces-Virgo is also intercepted in natal slightly. I heard that intercepted planets are planets who try to adapt to the house with environment that seems so foreign to them.

The cusp of ascendant goes to Aquarius - which produces a smart, sociable, techy or maybe strange, unique impression in others. With Aries as part of it I would assume active and assertive character too especially with sun right there. But what about the Mercury Saturn in between. Mercury alone in ascendant suggests an intelligent personality while Saturn suggests a serious appearance . While they are all intercepted in Pisces which suggests an easygoing, imaginative artistic spiritual personality, and is commonly found in artists. I wonder with such interception and blend of three signs, what would the outcome be like...
(Suddenly the blend looks so perfect for creative career)
As the planets are intercepted, the powers are too underdeveloped? Or they are not well controlled?

All houses always consist of 2 (or more) signs but for the quality of the house you really look at the sign on the house cusp. Especially with angles (ASC/MC etc.) where the point itself pretty much functions like a planet in it's own right. But you're right, since your Sun is in the 1st house it does add that Aries energy to your projection.

I'd say the main influence on the ascendant here is the Venus conjunction. You're putting Venus on an angle, on the east side, and so it's going to be a lot more prominent in your life. I've heard a prominent astrocartographer put it that when you put a planet on an angle through relocation, it's as if you are possessed by that planets energy and the influence can be very strong.

The ascendant is also pretty much on the Moon/Venus midpoint too. I'd say this would be a good place for meeting people and that you'd be received well by others, probably especially women.

In regards to the interception, Bob Marks wrote a pretty good article on it here: http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm

He says you can look towards the ruling planet of the intercepted sign to help unlock the capability of that sign. And your Jupiter is in a very strong place in the relocated chart and also aspecting those signs in Pisces.

JStoryz

Yes exactly, I notice that especially with the transits from outer planets. One of the more dramatic ones for me was transiting Neptune squaring my natal Mars for about 2 years. It was background influence, not immediately perceptible but it really snuck in and changed everything and by the middle onwards I was knee deep in Neptune's world. People came into my life with planets at the degree of transiting Neptune and then they left my life when the transit was over. Also events were triggered when fast moving planets squared, opposed or conjunct either transiting Neptune or my natal Mars. It really was textbook stuff and fascinating in retrospect.

All houses always consist of 2 (or more) signs but for the quality of the house you really look at the sign on the house cusp. Especially with angles (ASC/MC etc.) where the point itself pretty much functions like a planet in it's own right. But you're right, since your Sun is in the 1st house it does add that Aries energy to your projection.

I'd say the main influence on the ascendant here is the Venus conjunction. You're putting Venus on an angle, on the east side, and so it's going to be a lot more prominent in your life. I've heard a prominent astrocartographer put it that when you put a planet on an angle through relocation, it's as if you are possessed by that planets energy and the influence can be very strong.

The ascendant is also pretty much on the Moon/Venus midpoint too. I'd say this would be a good place for meeting people and that you'd be received well by others, probably especially women.

In regards to the interception, Bob Marks wrote a pretty good article on it here: http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm

He says you can look towards the ruling planet of the intercepted sign to help unlock the capability of that sign. And your Jupiter is in a very strong place in the relocated chart and also aspecting those signs in Pisces.

I did check out Bob Marks's site from time to time, but I am still in thirst for more information on the particular aspect or placements like this. But sadly little the internet has to offer for now. :sad: Therefore I am really grateful to see you here, providing so much enlightenment on my astrology studies. Thank you again for this fruitful discussion.

Man, my Pisces-Virgo has been locked for the past 20 years that I can't materialize the goals into details and now there seems to be a chance there. That sounds totally to be looked forward to! And hopefully the Aries energy would come out, as seen in the natal chart, the imbalance energy between Mars and Moon, a damaged Mars (masculinity) as due to a very strong Cancer ascendant and that Moon putting on the energy too, with also the Sun being too far away in 10th house that I couldn't harness, yet.

So Venus has the prominence huh... There is yet so much I have come to know in Astrology. I should be finding some proper references online instead of some confusing readings around... But well perhaps it really does have various readings as it depends on how the native uses the energy.

I had been wondering if it is still Mars taking the lead as through research I found out my chart has is a bucket-shaped placement, hence the "handle", that one Mars at the side alone is where all the other planetary energies get directed to. Or I wonder moving to Bristol makes the throne to have both king and queen on it this time, Venus and Mars instead of one-man-tyranny.

Venus-Pluto aspects with Venus shifted to such a prominent placement feels like something looking forward to, would that make a person glow with a primal charm that is unexplainable and deep and intense? Or there is something else? As Pluto is in the 9th house, I guess that is a see-through-the-core placement in researches and without Neptune making the rose windows, perhaps the people around can be seen through. I was looking forward to this but I wonder if the universe would work that way, I wonder if a year there would make changes as amazing as this. But hopefully it will.

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

I did check out Bob Marks's site from time to time, but I am still in thirst for more information on the particular aspect or placements like this. But sadly little the internet has to offer for now. :sad: Therefore I am really grateful to see you here, providing so much enlightenment on my astrology studies. Thank you again for this fruitful discussion.

Man, my Pisces-Virgo has been locked for the past 20 years that I can't materialize the goals into details and now there seems to be a chance there. That sounds totally to be looked forward to! And hopefully the Aries energy would come out, as seen in the natal chart, the imbalance energy between Mars and Moon, a damaged Mars (masculinity) as due to a very strong Cancer ascendant and that Moon putting on the energy too, with also the Sun being too far away in 10th house that I couldn't harness, yet.

So Venus has the prominence huh... There is yet so much I have come to know in Astrology. I should be finding some proper references online instead of some confusing readings around... But well perhaps it really does have various readings as it depends on how the native uses the energy.

I had been wondering if it is still Mars taking the lead as through research I found out my chart has is a bucket-shaped placement, hence the "handle", that one Mars at the side alone is where all the other planetary energies get directed to. Or I wonder moving to Bristol makes the throne to have both king and queen on it this time, Venus and Mars instead of one-man-tyranny.

Venus-Pluto aspects with Venus shifted to such a prominent placement feels like something looking forward to, would that make a person glow with a primal charm that is unexplainable and deep and intense? Or there is something else? As Pluto is in the 9th house, I guess that is a see-through-the-core placement in researches and without Neptune making the rose windows, perhaps the people around can be seen through. I was looking forward to this but I wonder if the universe would work that way, I wonder if a year there would make changes as amazing as this. But hopefully it will.

Venus would have prominence over the ascendant, but in terms of the overall relocation, Jupiter would be activated the most since it's more tightly conjunct the angle.

Another level worth looking at in the natal chart is the planetary dispositors, i.e. each planet is 'supported' by the planet which rules it's sign. So for instance if you take the Moon, it's supported (disposed) by Saturn which in turn is disposed by Jupiter which is in it's own sign so the chain ends there. Infact all your planets end up being disposed finally by Jupiter except the Sun and Mars which are in eachother's sign which is called a 'mutual reception'. So by elevating Jupiter in the relocation conjunct the MC it should have a knock on effect to all those planets which it ultimately supports through disposition. This might also give further insight as to if your Sun and Mars kind of act semi-independently to your other planets in your natal chart.

I wouldn't worry too much about the intercepted sign personally. At a young age, I moved from North America to the United Kingdom and have since lived here for 3/4 of my life. The move put my Moon conjunct the IC and gave me an intercepted Capricorn in the 2nd house where my Jupiter is. My Moon is sextile Jupiter. Regardless of the interception, I've profited greatly (2nd house Jupiter) from my homes and property (Moon conjunct IC) despite the interception. Also, consider that in other house systems such as equal house, you wouldn't even have intercepted signs at all.

Regarding the Venus/Pluto square, it's hard to say. It's really taking what you have natally already, magnifies it, allows you to wield it and gives you the opportunity to resolve the issue with the square.