I met an interesting person recently

L.C.

We both feel like there's something strangely fated about how we get along so well, how there is a genuine interest in each other, and how a lot of our interests intersect in uncanny ways. She is not single, and I'm not totally sure I see her as a potential romantic partner, but I had to do a composite chart to get a closer look.

This is what I've found (see attached). I'm also testing out my chart reading skills, and would like to bounce this off of some of the astrologers on this forum.

- Composite Sun conjunct Mercury and Venus. It looks like we have a very strong appreciation for each other, and our minds work in like fashions? And it also seems like there is a good, easy communication between the two of us. We talk a LOT. We write each other a lot, and we can talk on and on and on when we see each other.

With a 6th house placement, this seems like a something more suitable to a business partnership rather than romantic...which is funny, since we have similar interests in that regard, and especially funny since we both see marriage as a "business partnership with someone you know you can *work* with," rather than something lovey-dovey.

-Neptune squaring Venus (also Sun and Mercury, but in a wide orb). The aura surrounding this new friendship definitely feels Neptunian, very "fateful" or dreamlike in some ways. I've told my friends I can't believe I've met a woman who "gets" me so well, and especially one who has a lot of the same interests as myself...interests I don't always share with other friends of mine.

With this square, there is definitely a chance for delusion or not seeing things for what they really are. Right now, I see her as a friend and a friend only. There is no physical contact because she's in a long term relationship. But I do genuinely like what I see so far.

-Neptune trines Saturn and Mars in 11th house, opposes Jupiter in the 9th.

This again highlights a 'working' relationship where careful planning and execution of our goals work easily with our spiritual ideals? Looks like there is some "goal" in mind that the two of us want to plow toward. But with that opposition to Jupiter, expansion overexcites illusions/delusions. Again, this Neptune in the chart keeps pointing at "keeping it real." And again, speaking from what I've already experienced with her, the Jupiter placement in 9th is definitely a powerful aspect between the two of us. Our intellectual pursuits are nearly identical, and I've never met a woman around my age (that I actually sincerely get along with) that has this aspect to her personality.

That's what I have so far, and I'd love to hear any insights. I'll say now that I don't expect the two of us to have a romantic pairing, so I have no delusions in that regard (regardless of my friend's teasing that I should somehow "whisk her away" from her current beau), but I'm so intrigued by this new person, I just had to know what the stars are saying. Maybe I've found a future business partner?

LC

Attachments

• astro_621gw_01_65_anonymous_anonymous.81283.12176.gif
    astro_621gw_01_65_anonymous_anonymous.81283.12176.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

L.C.

Just wanted to poke my head in on this one again. I'm seeing a lot of views, but no responses! Here are both of our charts...mine is first, then hers. Any thoughts and input are totally welcome.

LC

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.76672.22510.gif
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.76672.22510.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 36
  • astro_2gw_65_anonymous.76741.23878.gif
    astro_2gw_65_anonymous.76741.23878.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 39

waybread

quick question, LC. Do you have an accurate birth time for this person? For yourself? If so, the composite chart should be fine, but I ask because birth times can be hard to obtain from a new acquaintance. Without it, you can't trust houses, and even the moon could be off. But normally Venus/Sun/Mercury conjunct, and sextiling the moon, would be a good indicator of an affectionate relationship. If the 6th house is valid, it does look like "work and service"!

L.C.

Hi waybread,

Yeah the birth time for both of us is accurate. I know mine for sure, and she was pretty confident with the time she gave me. (She gave me the go-ahead to run her chart, since she's sort of new to astrology and a bit fascinated by it)

hiimnotcool

First thing I notice is the almost EXACT by the minute is the trine from her Venus to your Mars. That's VERY good.

That's really the only thing that jumps out at me in the synastry though.

L.C.

Now that you mention it, I'm seeing conjunctions with her Venus to my Jupiter, and also her Pluto to my Moon and Uranus. About 5 degrees or so in Orb, so I don't know how strong that is. Also, her N.Node is conjunct my Ascendant (extremely tight), and a very strong trine from my Neptune to her Venus.

Of course, I'm not quite certain how all this works out in synastry, as I'm not really up on that branch of astrology just yet.

L.C. said:
Now that you mention it, I'm seeing conjunctions with her Venus to my Jupiter, and also her Pluto to my Moon and Uranus. About 5 degrees or so in Orb, so I don't know how strong that is. Also, her N.Node is conjunct my Ascendant (extremely tight), and a very strong trine from my Neptune to her Venus.

Of course, I'm not quite certain how all this works out in synastry, as I'm not really up on that branch of astrology just yet.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

It would have been helpful if you posted a bi wheel synastry chart.
To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful.

If you post the synastry chart and realise it doesn’t show the degrees (which we need to look at) you can find the degrees and other information in a separate PDF on the synastry page of astro.com. Look for the link "View the additional tables (PDF)" and click on it to see the additional information. Reading a synastry chart is mainly about reading the aspects between the planets in the two charts. So once you find the PDF, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look in the synastry grid that is there. Unfortunately, you can only see/read these and not save/upload. That’s why I like to see both natal’s and composite. This grid (in my opinion) has too many minor aspects and the orbs are quite wide. I like to use + - max 3’

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html

Your taurus planets fall in her 7th house and trine her natal mars which is excellent. Now her Neptune is conj your N Node is Sag which is why you 'feel' it to be Neptunian and her N Node in Leo is conj your Asc, So for her at least this feels rather fated and meant to be. Nodes and vertex are very important in synastry. She has venus exhalted in Pisces in 5th house of Leo and her moon in Aries opp Pluto suggests she could be emotionally controlling, obsessive. But your venus in Aries bodes well cos what you look for in women is someone who is direct and to the point, highly sexed, plus your venus is in the 8th house of sex:rolleyes:

Her Libra asc makes her cham personified and prob looks after her appearances, with her sun/mercury in 4th house of cancer, she will be focused on 'relationships' libra and home roots family members and definately want friendship and freedom within relationships also.

Your moon conj uranus is on the list of 'divorce aspects' and broken relationships espec with mum. Venus opp Pluto wants control romantically as well.
Mars Quincunx (Inconjunct) Neptune

Your idealism and inflated expectations of others and life can lead you into very frustrating circumstances where you feel emotionally and physically drained. Your energy and emotions strengthen as you learn how and where to be involved in other people's projects. You have difficulty learning realistic boundaries with others and realistic limits as to what you can expect from yourself. Artistic expression can help give form to your humanitarian temperament.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/inconjunctaspects.html

Hope this helps

L.C.

Thanks for the very detailed response and links, astrologer50. I've checked out the cafeastrology links, and have those bookmarked now for future study.

Just a little update on this particular situation--not that it's terribly important, but it may be interesting. This person recently confessed her feelings to me, telling me that I awakened some feelings in her that were dormant for a very long time. She told me that we can no longer be in touch as we once were, because she is feeling too attracted to me, and it's making her long-term boyfriend/fiance very jealous. So that's that, I suppose. She definitely said that she felt like I was in her life "for a reason" (this could be her N.Node conjunct my Ascendant) and of course she says she wants to "remain friends," but we all know what that means.

One little sidenote (which may spin off into it's own tangent)--I seem to attract situations such as these quite frequently. I tend to work with a woman in a long term relationship, we are instantly attracted to each other, and there's some flirting that seems to be hinting that "something may happen," but I never go for it and they end up actually re-committing to their boyfriends. I'm not even sure what apsects in my chart would point to something like that, but it's an interesting pattern nonetheless. And it keeps popping up again and again in my life.

Interesting that you noted my Moon conjunct Uranus being a "divorce aspect" -- my fahter has the same one, and he's been divorced as well. It looks like he's mastered that aspect in his later years, and just uses his innovative ideas and mood swings for good. ;)

Thanks again for the analysis, astrologer50!

katydid

One little sidenote (which may spin off into it's own tangent)--I seem to attract situations such as these quite frequently. I tend to work with a woman in a long term relationship, we are instantly attracted to each other, and there's some flirting that seems to be hinting that "something may happen," but I never go for it and they end up actually re-committing to their boyfriends. I'm not even sure what apsects in my chart would point to something like that, but it's an interesting pattern nonetheless. And it keeps popping up again and again in my life.

Interesting that you noted my Moon conjunct Uranus being a "divorce aspect" -- my fahter has the same one, and he's been divorced as well. It looks like he's mastered that aspect in his later years, and just uses his innovative ideas and mood swings for good. ;)

Uranus, ruler of the 7th, is in the 3rd, conjunct the moon in Libra.Neither the Moon or Uranus are making any major, tight aspects in the natal chart. So they are kind of a unit.

Moon conjunct Uranus in Libra in the 3rd describes quick,[uranus] emotional connections [ libran moon] with friends. [3rd house]:whistling:

So these quick, intense emotional connections that you sometimes feel with friends, have nowhere to go because there are no tight, aspects. There IS however, an applying trine to Saturn in Cancer. But that is out of sign, and does not happen until the Moon enters Scorpio. Since you tend not to act upon the 'sudden moments', your Moon does not enter Scorpio so to speak.
:devil:
Having 29 degrees upon the 7th is confusing at times. You may put out a veneer of Aquarius on the 7th, when really you are Piscean there. The Jupiter square to Neptune from the 7th to the 4th is the key to your relationship conflicts perhaps.:bandit:
You may send mixed message to others in terms of what you want from the relationship. The Jupiter in Pisces is very loving, abundantly emotional and sensitive, and people in one to one interactions may feel that there is a relationship potential there. But the square from Neptune is your inner voice saying HOLD UP.

Your Venus is in a gnarly t-square. Venus in detriment by sign and house, opposed Pluto and square Mars/Saturn. I am not sure what to think about that to be honest. If you were a girl, I would think that you had been abused as a child perhaps. I would think you might be very afraid of men. But with your Sun in Taurus in the 9th, sextile Jupiter, I see you as a benevolent , kind dictator. :rightful:

The Moon /Uranus is hard to please. Uranus is very receptive to 'faults' in others, and does not let the Moon be emotionally connected with out a thorough scanning of the partner. And that is perhaps an ongoing process.

Relationships are a difficult theme in your chart, as venus is so intensely challenged by mars/saturn and pluto. What do you think that is all about?

L.C.

Hi katydid,

Wow, you've certainly touched on some pretty powerful stuff there! And it's ringing very true, in my experience. The square from Neptune to Jupiter has worked for and against me, in a lot of cases. I know there is a tendency to be naive, and for a person to be duped in relationships with this position, so I've learned (often times the hard way) to be extremely careful in dealing with close relationships, and to be very discriminating in that regard. With Saturn squaring Venus, there's always a tendency to overdo it and be a little uptight, so I know that's working against me at times.

I've certainly acted on quick emotional connections in the past, no doubt! And while I'm not female, and I can't say I was abused as a child (not physically, at least, but childhood was definitely hard), I have made foolish choices in the past in regards to love, often times giving myself over to impractical situations (falling for people who live thousands of miles away), having inflated expectations, and dealing with being cheated on and the like.

All of it is a part of life, but it's definitely made me extremely wary and distrusting of my supposed wants and needs in a relationship. Often times the desire comes in the wrong packaging, like the desire to connect physically will put me in a situation that's not the best for me, where my heart truly isn't in it, and I end up just ending the relationship after a few months because I don't see it going anywhere, as there is no real spark anymore.

With that interpretation you gave me on Moon conjunct Uranus, and with my Venus in Aries and 8th house, this starts to make a bit more sense. I have very, very strong desires at time, very impulsive, but I want to be able to control and focus it a bit better. I've seen way too many tears in my time, way more than I'd like to have seen, so I want to be sure I don't continue to hurt people due to my trying to satisfy my impulses.

I honestly don't know what my relationship stuff is all about, other than what I've already gone through in my life. Of course, like anyone else I'd like to make intimate connections with people, but my hesitance as of late really feels like the Pluto in my T-Square--defining self worth, and being certain I truly have something to offer before I dive into a relationship. I haven't felt like I really have much to offer in a relationship, and when a woman who is in a committed 3+ year relationship shows such strong interest in me (which has again happened over and over) I feel like my hesitance is justified in that I don't want to cause any drama, and I don't want to "cheat" with anyone. Just seems like bad karma! And, in this past situation, we are dealing with someone who was living with their boyfriend for 7 years, and wearing his engagement ring. Just sounds like a real mess!

Does that make sense? I know they say the solution to the T-Square is to fill the "empty leg," which would be my 5th House Capricorn (that Pluto is currently transiting) but to me that seems strange---turning a T-Square into Grand Cross sounds heavy. What do you think is the best way for me to approach this?

Thanks again,
LC

you said,
"The square from Neptune to Jupiter has worked for and against me, in a lot of cases. I know there is a tendency to be naive, and for a person to be duped in relationships with this position, so I've learned (often times the hard way) to be extremely careful in dealing with close relationships, and to be very discriminating in that regard. With Saturn squaring Venus, there's always a tendency to overdo it and be a little uptight, so I know that's working against me at times."

It's not the saturn square venus that overdoes things it's the jupiter square neptune.
Saturn square venus is unloved or uncherished from childhood and you may always feel that you have to 'give out' twice as much love as you receive back cos of this.

Perhaps due to painful separations in your early life, you are very cautious about becoming close to people and sharing your feelings. Though you crave love and affection, intimacy is difficult for you. You may become romantically involved with people who do not value you or treat you well. You need to learn to love and value yourself before you will find happiness in love.
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/venussaturnaspects.html

Jupiter square Neptune = Over expansion without thinking too much of consequences. ­Mysterious illnesses, quite possible!
you said, "I have made foolish choices in the past in regards to love, often times giving myself over to impractical situations (falling for people who live thousands of miles away), having inflated expectations, and dealing with being cheated on and the like."

This comment is SO Neptunian and typical of the above aspect

you said,
"I know they say the solution to the T-Square is to fill the "empty leg," which would be my 5th House Capricorn (that Pluto is currently transiting) but to me that seems strange---turning a T-Square into Grand Cross sounds heavy. What do you think is the best way for me to approach this? "

T pluto square venus =
Romance and sexuality are the key issues now. Your sexual drive is particularly strong now, and you are driven by a strong need to achieve a deeper level of fulfillment in your love relationships. At times during this time period you are not able to constrain your compulsive feelings, and you are prone to dispense with reason, logic, rational judgment, An intense time, during which your need for inner growth and change may not agree with how you feel, your current value system. You may not appreciate all of the intensely personal stuff that is boiling up, coming to your attention.
http://cafeastrology.com/plutotransits.html this is the short versiob but there is much more

Pluto opp venus natally is looking for intense, demanding romantic associations and prob have difficulty in 'letting go' of people. Love and power become confused...

You experience powerful, compelling emotional and sexual attractions, and you may feel that you have little choice or control over your desires. You have an intense need for love and may be emotionally greedy or insatiable. Your love life is passionate and often tumultuous and painful as well. Jealousy, power struggles, or over-possessiveness can become areas of conflict in your relationships. Positively, you can be unusually creative and bring about beneficial and healing changes in the lives of others, motivated by your deeply felt love. Your sexual intensity can lead you into all the wrong kinds of relationships.
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/venusplutoaspects.html

Filling this 'empty leg' thus making it a Grand square is your time of challenge, intensity and internal struggle (squares) oppositions being 'other people' Everyone needs squares cos they get you moving and cause internal tension.

IF your time of birth is correct you have Sagg ruling your 5th house of romance and Jupiter is placed in 7th making sure you get plenty of opportunities to attract and live through the experiences your soul has wanted to work on

So using solar arcs for rectification then, SA Merc onto MC age 11 should have been a time when school work excelled perhaps, maybe a family house move? Few months later SA Sun conj MC did your social standing within groups,friends become more important? your values, pride ie: taurus qualities becoma apparent, perhaps first romance even?
Age 14 SA IC conj neptune, anyone disappear, pass away? have some mysterious illness?
Age 20 SA moon conj IC definately should be a house move?

Last edited:

katydid

Does that make sense? I know they say the solution to the T-Square is to fill the "empty leg," which would be my 5th House Capricorn (that Pluto is currently transiting) but to me that seems strange---turning a T-Square into Grand Cross sounds heavy. What do you think is the best way for me to approach this? --------------------------------------

Looks like Pluto is leading the way for you. It is filling in that empty leg for you right now, so talking about this with astrologers on this forum is a perfect thing for you to do.
Capricorn in the 5th takes things slowly and responsibly.Thus 'love affairs' are not the impetuous, spontaneous things that the 5th house can denote. They are more long lasting, and more deliberate.Filling in that empty leg would mean that you would have to be reliable, responsible, and emotionally accountable to others. You could not be
a self centered Taurus, and be looking out for yourself and your own desires and needs.
You would need to be ambitious, and motivated and driven, in the best possible way,
to make these changes.Capricorn does not leave things to chance, they take control.

In many ways, a grand square is less heavy than a t-square. It provides balance, and is more complete. And, It brings Cancer out of it's shell, and force's him to grow up.

Last edited:

redwolf481

Pluto opp venus natally is looking for intense, demanding romantic associations and prob have difficulty in 'letting go' of people. Love and power become confused...

venus and pluto are my 2 strongest planets adn both of the depositers of my chart....they are both opposite each other pluto in the first and venus in the 8th(actually at the end of the 7th but interpreted in the 8th)

I have never heard your interpretation buts on the spot...

I am sure everyone by now knows about my lost love..who I just moved home from another city for and am finding much out about right now(she has venus conjunct pluto in scorpio in the 8th) she was a pisces rising virgo who I thought was innocent and sweet and I am finding out much about but my pluto is conjunct her venus by 1 degree and my mars is trine her venus ecactly and her chiron is conjunct my sun and her moon is opposite my sun and her neptune is trine my venus lol and mine back at her...it only gets worse and worse....most powerful connection of my life...the ones poets write about...shes rejecting her feelings because everytime I try and express myself to her eveerything comes out very very wrong I insult her, am wierd or come out stalkerish...(we have this theres something about mary relationship) my mercury and mars are oppiste her neptune very closely...its horrible

its been 3 years exactly we met in june of 06 and the last time I saw her was december of 06..I moved to another city and everything..no matter how hard I tried my heart hurt and I have not for one day FOR ONE DAY forgotten her....

waybread

EJ and Redwolf, the problem of unrequited love in synastry is an interesting one. As you both know, the main reading of Mars and Venus in heterosexuals' charts is that Mars is the man's sexuality in his chart, and what a woman looks for in a man in her chart. Venus is the woman's sexuality in her chart, and what a man looks for in a woman in his chart.

But Mars is also anybody's initiative, assertiveness, and what we are willing to pursue. So in a woman's chart, her Mars will also show the kind of man she's likely to go after, even if her strategy appears to be conventionally feminine and passive as to how she goes about it.

As the others have noted, Mars/Venus conjunctions, trines, and sextiles are pretty hot stuff in synastry. But what happens if it looks one-sided?

So EJ, your Mars trines her Venus at the same degree. This is really powerful stuff. But her Mars makes no major aspect to your Venus; just a separation of 165 degrees. So some astrologers would say her Mars energies just aren't "there" as far as you're concerned. But others would use the minor 165 degree aspect, the quindecile, as an indicator of very powerful--some would say obsessive--attraction. [ www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/article.php?id=109 ] I'll have to leave it to you to sort this one out.

EJ, I note also that this woman has Mars retrograde, suggesting that you may not see a "direct" expression of her martial energies.

Redwolf, if you would like more feedback on your situation, please start a new thread on it. Sometimes "no means no"; and as hard as it seems to the lovelorn, sometimes it is time to close the door on the past and to move on. Frightening a woman with "stalkerish" behaviour doesn't sound like a winning formula.

redwolf481

EJ and Redwolf, the problem of unrequited love in synastry is an interesting one. As you both know, the main reading of Mars and Venus in heterosexuals' charts is that Mars is the man's sexuality in his chart, and what a woman looks for in a man in her chart. Venus is the woman's sexuality in her chart, and what a man looks for in a woman in his chart.

But Mars is also anybody's initiative, assertiveness, and what we are willing to pursue. So in a woman's chart, her Mars will also show the kind of man she's likely to go after, even if her strategy appears to be conventionally feminine and passive as to how she goes about it.

As the others have noted, Mars/Venus conjunctions, trines, and sextiles are pretty hot stuff in synastry. But what happens if it looks one-sided?

So EJ, your Mars trines her Venus at the same degree. This is really powerful stuff. But her Mars makes no major aspect to your Venus; just a separation of 165 degrees. So some astrologers would say her Mars energies just aren't "there" as far as you're concerned. But others would use the minor 165 degree aspect, the quindecile, as an indicator of very powerful--some would say obsessive--attraction. [ www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/article.php?id=109 ] I'll have to leave it to you to sort this one out.

EJ, I note also that this woman has Mars retrograde, suggesting that you may not see a "direct" expression of her martial energies.

Redwolf, if you would like more feedback on your situation, please start a new thread on it. Sometimes "no means no"; and as hard as it seems to the lovelorn, sometimes it is time to close the door on the past and to move on. Frightening a woman with "stalkerish" behaviour doesn't sound like a winning formula.

will not go on about it more...I do promise I am not stalking stalking her...more like everything goes wrong like in there is something about mary and her girlfriends just make comments does that make sense...

my mars trines her venus exactly but her mars trines my venus as well just not as closely......

L.C.

katydid, astrologer50 and waybread---thanks so much for your insights and input. I'm taking everything to heart. Great points about the empty-leg filling of Pluto, as that is totally resounding with me right now. Also interesting (and very accurate) interpretation of Moon conj. Uranus--so true!

Last edited: