Whiskee new on board

Whiskee

Tu, May 25, 1965
4:25pm
Glendale, CA (Los Angeles County)
CA (US), 118w15, 34n09
Gemini, Libra rising, Aries moon

Greetings All!

I'm an old dog looking to learn new tricks. I've always had an interest in astrology, tarot and psychic ability. Astrology, however, is a language I don't understand. It's like geometry to me...which I nearly failed.

So, will study forum's previous posts and hopefully some of it will rub in. Would like to see what planet-heavy 8th and 11th houses mean for me....other than lots of transformation and challenging friendships when I'm an even older bat?

Actually looking forward to the solar eclipse knowing that a long family issue may come to rest...and me coming out unscathed I trust! And can finally begin a new life without the dark cloud over my head.

I've been told in brief astrology readings that TV writing would be a good direction for me...so that's my new endeavor along with TV commercial acting. Trusting that seeds I planted will come to fruition soon!!

Anyway, I'd like to be able to pull charts with transits and read my chart which I presently can't do....well I can pull my natal chart, but don't know what to plug in for transits. But can't translate the transits or anything else.

Look forward to conversing with you all and making new friends. And thanks for your patience in advance.

Many blessings,
Whiskee

LionKing

Welcome here Whiskee. If you are interest in astrology you're at the right place. I have tried to be in this everyday to exercise the skill. I still have a long way to go. But hey... you have already taken the first step.
There are plenty of links in here to look at and develop a "basic." I would suggest that you first look at the houses, 1-12 and develop a meaning of them. Afterwards... the signs and their rulers. Little by little you will tell a lot by just a glance at a chart. This is a fun place so have fun.
V/r LionKing:sunny:

Whiskee

Thanks LionKing for your welcome!

I'll follow your advice and start studying as you suggest. I'm a bit familiar with the houses, but need a more consistent effort. Definitely want to take advantage of the planetary alignments to better understand my lessons and how to navigate through them.

Thanks,
Whiskee

tikana

Hi Whiskee

Welcome to our astrology forum
i hope you enjoy your stay

cheers
Your neighbor from other side of the valley

Whiskee

Ouch! Very hot! I pray for cool summer for both our sakes. Hope earthquake didn't rattle you too much. All ok here. Anything to indicate an earthquake astrologically?

tikana

Whiskee

i just detest LA

nothing to do with weather

i wanna live in a small town

i am such typical LAer.. i looked around didnt even bother getting up and went back typing stuff up!

hehehe

Tik

tootsie

Hi Tikana, Gads, maybe you should consider moving .....smaller town @ least people give a ...whatever....happens to each other. I've met people that lived in LA and eventually move because they thought they were becoming like one of them...OUCH!
________
marijuana joint

Last edited:

Whiskee

Tik

Ya, I'd like to leave too, but looks like I've gotta complete acting/writing work here. Gotta make some dough to get out of here...somewhere cooler and green like Seattle???

Whatcha writing?

tikana

Tootsie

i just want to get the hell out of here. I do not see myself raising kids here

i really really dont

i dont want my kids to be hung up on LA krappy attitudes

Whiskee

a website for a client.. pretty cool website ... actually!

Tik

tikana

Whiskee

well that is my profession i am a programmer
i can do them with my eyes closed

that is not a problem

Tik