HI from a Non Astrologer.

UranusRising

Hello girls and guys. how are you!?
im no Astrologer but im highly interested in Astrology in General. i learn easily by first observing and then taking part on the "action" and sometimes its the opposite. i know the value of theory x practice, as well as the emotional x rational. so im trying to balance it every time.
i have some doubts about astrology in general and interpretations of my natal chart that i hope to clear most of it by reading, contributing and/or just being a part of the forum.

Thanks
and i have a small question that i already know the possibly answer : Is it a forum for ASTROLOGERS ONLY?

Q: )
JP
:bandit:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Not for astrologers only, but not a forum for skeptics.

The professional among us have spent mostof our lives studying the subject. We don't really care if somone whose studied it for a couple of weeks is a skeptic.

Last edited:

greybeard

I would hope this forum is for open-minded people, skeptics or not, who are interested in exploring astrology for themselves. My career as an astrologer was begun as a skeptic.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I would hope that a skeptic who wants to argue about the validity of astrology would put their posts in the Humor or Chat sections, and not interrupt the flow of conversation about actual sub-topics of astrology with arguments against astrology.

Mostly the forum is for leaning how to do astrology, or for helping people with through astrology, or simply for getting a second view on aspects of their lives that might also include an astrological interpretation.

Last edited:

UranusRising

I feel saturn's weight in your words Zarathu.(Did you get your nickname from that Marvel Character from the GHost Rider Hq? Zarathos? ) Q: p i didnt mention, nor left it in The Air that im a skeptical person. how did you come up with that idea of mine? I like many bands that choose that word. Skeptical, theres a band with a similar word , Sceptic. im almost sure it isnt the same name, but anyway, lets not run away from the subject. SInce im no skeptical, thats the Main reason im here : im a open minded person that like the underground, underworld and esotheric stuffs.
thats why im here.
Q: p

Sorry for the long delay, but my ******* Mars in Taurus is killing me these days. i need to inject some adrenalin on it so i stop procrastinating.
Did all of you understand my text now?
Btw my name is JP, and im not a native english speaker. i do speak portuguese, german and english. not in this particular order.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I feel saturns weight in your words Zarathu. Q: p i didnt mention, mor left it in The Air tha um sceptokal person. I like many banda that uses The sceptoc ir skeptic word, but um open to The underworld and occult, exotheric knowledge
thats why im here.
Hello and welcome UranusRising
A questioning attitude is important,
particularly on an online astrology forum where anyone
- even a beginner -
may post their opinions :smile:

Ours is predominantly a learning forum
therefore the responses are varied
Some members are beginners who developed an interest in astrology only a few hours or days or weeks or months ago
Other members have explored astrology for several decades
All members have their own opinions,
some favor modern astrology
others prefer traditional methods
So to have a questioning attitude is a good way to get answers

waybread

UR, I have no problem with scepticism towards astrology, because as one of the seniors here, I routinely question how, why, or whether it should work.

We do find that a lot of astrology sceptics are actually ignorant of astrology. They have read a few sun-sign columns, and then made some erroneous assumptions on that basis.

So by all means, keep a critical view towards astrology because so long as your mind remains open, you will distinguish between good astrology and schlock astrology. Popular astrology is too often of the latter sort.

UranusRising

Heya Jupiter Ascendant
thansk for the input man. ahahahah that "questioning attitude " term gave me a lot of trouble to understand. i came up with this
" The value-based, systematic, and iterative use of inquiry as a means to promote valued outcomes of behaviors and help people prevent errors and foster awareness of uncertainty, assumptions, risk factors, and the significance of decisions or actions. A strong questioning attitude should reflect an interest in representing problems, purposive seeking of questions and answers, recognition of the importance of questioning, and awareness of the risks associated with complexity, complacency, and uncertainty. Learn more in: Information Technology and the Development of a Global Safety Culture: A Nuclear Perspective "

Is it a questioning attitude? to ask before making your mind on a subject? and etc?!?!
if so, i got it and if im not mistaken, i did it correctly. or maybe not?!?!

Im here to learn, and feel/perceive new knowledge through others AND through their experience with others and with themselves through Astrology, Psychology and etc.
thats why i joined, but im not even close to become an astrologer.
so, am i allowed here? Q: P

Hello and welcome UranusRising
A questioning attitude is important,
particularly on an online astrology forum where anyone
- even a beginner -
may post their opinions :smile:

Ours is predominantly a learning forum
therefore the responses are varied
Some members are beginners who developed an interest in astrology only a few hours or days or weeks or months ago
Other members have explored astrology for several decades
All members have their own opinions,
some favor modern astrology
others prefer traditional methods
So to have a questioning attitude is a good way to get answers

UranusRising

UR, I have no problem with scepticism towards astrology, because as one of the seniors here, I routinely question how, why, or whether it should work.

We do find that a lot of astrology sceptics are actually ignorant of astrology. They have read a few sun-sign columns, and then made some erroneous assumptions on that basis.

So by all means, keep a critical view towards astrology because so long as your mind remains open, you will distinguish between good astrology and schlock astrology. Popular astrology is too often of the latter sort.

HI WayBread
im almost all the time very critical about almost anything.so for me , theres no problem with it. Q: P
"i dont travel in the mayo" as we say here in Brazil.
Well, i travel a lot, but... not in the same sea as neptune. ahahah thats a foggy sea.

dr. farr

To question is the only way to learn-and an open (non-a-priori biased) questioning attitude is necessary for progress: I HAVE A QUESTIONING ATTITUDE, relative to macro-cosmic analysis (aka "astrology"), relative to my own professional field (homeotherapeutics), etc etc-the result of my questioning attitude has made me into an eclectic (both in astrology and in my field of homeotherapeutics): however, I am NOT a skeptic, and I do not have a skeptical perspective (doubt = skepticism, and is different from questioning, because in the skeptical, doubt is ITSELF largely an a-priori biasing element)

The OP having a questioning attitude, then, is "just fine"-welcome to AW:biggrin:!

poyi

Premium Member
Welcome to AW.

Having curiosity/like to ask questions is the main drive of learning new things and growth.

JUPITERASC

I feel saturn's weight in your words Zarathu.
(Did you get your nickname from that Marvel Character from the GHost Rider Hq?
Zarathos
? )
That's interesting :smile:

'….Zarathos is an extremely powerful demon almost equal to Mephisto and possesses supernatural powers, has superhuman strength, durability, stamina, immortality, is able to shoot hellfire from his hands and transport himself and others to different locations, can control elements on the Earth themselves, trap his opponents by taking the ground and wrapping it around foes, can form rocks into spikes, impaling foes, has limited knowledge of magical lore to manipulate magical energies for various effects. The more souls Zarathos consumes, the more powerful he becomes. In MC2 alternate future, Kaine summons Zarathos to save life of nephew, Reilly Tyne - son of Ben Reilly and Elizabeth Tyne....'

'…..Reilly Tyne is dying of inherited genetic defects from father’s cloning. Zarathos attempted to claim Tyne’s body as his own. Simultaneously, Kaine attempts to bring Daredevil - who was killed by Kingpin while saving Kaine's life - back to life. Daredevil's soul takes up residence in Tyne's body. Forces of the two spirits residing within Reilly Tyne tend to keep each other in check; Tyne gains Zarathos' physical appearance, demonic and regenerative powers, while the influence of Murdock keeps him from becoming corrupted. Under the influence of these two entities residing within him, Tyne decides to become the hero Darkdevil....'

ZARATHOS - fictional character - a demonic being who tortures and devours souls - first appeared Marvel Spotlight #5 (August 1972), created by writers Roy Thomas and Gary Friedrich, and artist Mike Ploog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zarathos

'….In 2012 film Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Ghost Rider is revealed to be an incarnation of Zarathos himself. In this version, Zarathos was Angel of Justice sent to protect man but tricked by Devil into Hell, where Zarathos was corrupted and driven insane. Zarathos mission of protecting the innocent became punishing the guilty and he became Devil's Spirit of Vengeance - so Ghost Rider is covered in yellow flames as he is a corrupted spirit. After defeating Roarke (The Devil) and saving Danny, Zarathos finally remembers original mission and the angel within reawakens so then Ghost Rider is shown covered in blue flames.....'

Q: p i didnt mention, nor left it in The Air that im a skeptical person. how did you come up with that idea of mine? I like many bands that choose that word. Skeptical, theres a band with a similar word , Sceptic. im almost sure it isnt the same name, but anyway, lets not run away from the subject. SInce im no skeptical, thats the Main reason im here : im a open minded person that like the underground, underworld and esotheric stuffs.

thats why im here.

Sorry for the long delay, but my ******* Mars in Taurus is killing me these days. i need to inject some adrenalin on it so i stop procrastinating.
Did all of you understand my text now?
Btw my name is JP, and im not a native english speaker. i do speak portuguese, german and english. not in this particular order
I can read and understand ancient Greek and Latin, French, some German, Spanish and English, plus some basics in Italian, a few Chinese phrases, a few Tibetan phrases and can decipher the occasional Ancient Egyptian hieroglyph and Mesopotamian clay tablet - languages are fun
Heya Jupiter Ascendant
thansk for the input man. ahahahah that "questioning attitude " term gave me a lot of trouble to understand. i came up with this
" The value-based, systematic, and iterative use of inquiry as a means to promote valued outcomes of behaviors and help people prevent errors and foster awareness of uncertainty, assumptions, risk factors, and the significance of decisions or actions. A strong questioning attitude should reflect an interest in representing problems, purposive seeking of questions and answers, recognition of the importance of questioning, and awareness of the risks associated with complexity, complacency, and uncertainty. Learn more in: Information Technology and the Development of a Global Safety Culture: A Nuclear Perspective "

Is it a questioning attitude? to ask before making your mind on a subject? and etc?!?!
if so, i got it and if im not mistaken, i did it correctly. or maybe not?!?!

Im here to learn, and feel/perceive new knowledge through others AND through their experience with others and with themselves through Astrology, Psychology and etc.
thats why i joined, but im not even close to become an astrologer.
so, am i allowed here? Q: P
I'm not even close to being an astrologer either... each day there's some new aspect to learn and question. Accepting information unquestioningly is best avoided... otherwise we inhabit a dictatorship

poyi

Premium Member
JA

You can read and understand so many languages maybe your natal mercury is in cazimi or at least having some dignifing mutual reception or by sign or by house.

UranusRising

You should have great time here, hopefully you can find the values of astrology but do be aware of different ideas here but that doesn't represent astrology itself.

JUPITERASC

JA
You can read and understand so many languages maybe your natal mercury is in cazimi or at least having some dignifing mutual reception or by sign or by house
One great advantage to having an Official time of birth that is questionable means anything is possible :smile:
UranusRising

You should have great time here, hopefully you can find the values of astrology but do be aware of different ideas here but that doesn't represent astrology itself
Certainly a good idea to be aware that we all have opinions regarding methods
and
that those opinions are always questionable
best to investigate and assess the data oneself
- including creating charts without the use of computer software - so when electricity fails, that's no hindrance
:smile:

UranusRising

Welcome to AW.

Having curiosity/like to ask questions is the main drive of learning new things and growth.

Thats what im going to do a LOT.
im just having some fear that , because i ask a lot(particularly at this very period of my life) that ill eventually ask something without reading it somewhere . so you guys might complaint that im asking without reading. but ill read as much as possible since these days im experiencing a strong restless sensation together with a laziness in different moments. never at the same time. ahahah im not bi polar Q: )

UranusRising

One great advantage to having an Official time of birth that is questionable means anything is possible :smile:

Certainly a good idea to be aware that we all have opinions regarding methods
and
that those opinions are always questionable
best to investigate and assess the data oneself
- including creating charts without the use of computer software -

so when electricity fails, that's no hindrance
:smile:
top class. i DO Those analogies a LOT, but im affraid you guys will either not understand or it will be too xxx for the forum. ill try to keep the analogies in a regular way. but that of yours was typical "me" HAHAHAHAH Awesome One JA.

can we play a little and interesting game here while exchange messages and enjoying the forum experience?
do you guys would like to try to (im sure you will have success in many attempts and tries) guess my natal chart planets and positions? i know it , and i can confirm or not if you guys missed it or spotted it right. Q: p
you already have two things : i have mars in taurus on the 7th house. and the Planet thats in my Ascendant is Uranus. BUt i DO NOT have Aquarius in my ascendant. its Another planet. Q: p

poyi

Premium Member
Well....you would have prominent 3rd/9th, Gemini, Virgo or Mercury to be curious and like to ask questions. I am guess you have mutable signs for AC/DC, MC/IC.