Tropical Vedic Astrology Board

Ryan Kurczak

Hello Everyone:

Due to my recent research and application into utilizing the Tropical Zodiac in Vedic Astrology, with great success, I've created to following board to further explore it's implications.

http://www.tropical-vedic-astrology.com/forum/

This is not an attempt to direct others away from this fantastic board, and I will also surely, continue to participate, but this topic is a bit progressive, and so am inviting anyone who's seriously interested in exploration and research with this.

Using the Middle of Mula, Galactic Center ayanamsha, it's been a change towards increasing an already excellent accuracy in my practice, with the tropical Zodiac.

Enjoy, and if you have questions about this, please shoot them on over to the forum.

dr. farr

May I ask, is your new forum about using the tropical zodiac (rather than the sidereal) as the basis for Vedic methods and calculations and delineations?
Thanks!

Ryan Kurczak

Dear Dr. Farr:

The forum is about doing everything the same as per Vedic Astrological understanding and technique, yet using the tropical zodiac. The nakshatras are still sidereal.

Also, best results have been coming from using the Middle of Mula, Dhruva Galactic Center for the ayanamsha.

One of my original Vedic teachers, who was a western astrologer for 30 years before, said he always uses the western chart along side his Vedic work. As he's found that the Vedic chart in relationship to signs, doesn't work out, however, everything else does. I recently converted over to this process, and while, many would say, "That person is not practicing Vedic astrology", you can't argue with the results, which have been quite stellar.

It my hope to fully explore this process, with open minded and talented astrologers.

dr. farr

I fully agree with you, and I have joined your Forum, which I encourage all open minded persons interested in exploring Vedic methods and techniques based on a tropical matrix, to consider doing as well!

retinoid

why do you use sidereal for the nakshatras? I am a Moola in sidereal and a Uttarashada in tropical. if you are using tropical for everything else why use the sidereal for something so important?

dr. farr

I think the OP means that he is using the moving nakshatras rather than the fixed/tropical positions (eg, there are 2 ways of using the Lunar Mansions, which are almost exactly the same as the nakshatras: one way is to follow the moving Lunar Mansion asterism-which entire asterism advances one degree every 71.6 years-and the other way is to assign the first Lunar Mansion to 0-12 Aries, the 2nd to 12-24 Aries, and so on-the fixed Lunar Mansions-which is the way the Lunar Mansions are used here on the AW website page)
I myself prefer the moving Lunar Mansions/nakshatras vis-a-vis the tropical zodiac, instead of the "fixed" Mansions.

retinoid

I think the OP means that he is using the moving nakshatras rather than the fixed/tropical positions (eg, there are 2 ways of using the Lunar Mansions, which are almost exactly the same as the nakshatras: one way is to follow the moving Lunar Mansion asterism-which entire asterism advances one degree every 71.6 years-and the other way is to assign the first Lunar Mansion to 0-12 Aries, the 2nd to 12-24 Aries, and so on-the fixed Lunar Mansions-which is the way the Lunar Mansions are used here on the AW website page)
I myself prefer the moving Lunar Mansions/nakshatras vis-a-vis the tropical zodiac, instead of the "fixed" Mansions.

I have only seen fixed lunar mansions used...My moon is 28 degrees sagi in tropical which is why I am an uttarashada but I guess with moving it would be something else and my pada would be different.

dr. farr

There is validity to it: for example, @ renaissance astrology.com, which has very extensive material regarding the Lunar Mansions, the opinion is equally divided between fixed and moving Mansions; Robson ("Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology", 1921) found it quite acceptable (in modernist astrological practice) to use the fixed Mansions as forming a type of "sub-zodiac", for a variety of applications.