Strongest placement?

jg1982

I was wondering which would be the strongest manifestation of a specific energy in a chart, let me give an example. Aries/Mars energy/archetype.

There are many possibilities:

Sun in Aries, Sun in aspect to Mars, Moon in Aries, Moon in Aspect to Mars, Mars in the First house, Rising sign Aries or Mars in Aries.

Which single one would you say would best express the "warrior" energy and why? And could you possibly arrange the rest of the possibilities by order of strength?

Thank you.

jollyzal

Banned
Well probably it's a combination of slower planets aspecting things that signify that Aries archetype AND more personal things like the Moon or the Ascendant.

katydid

I was wondering which would be the strongest manifestation of a specific energy in a chart, let me give an example. Aries/Mars energy/archetype.

Sun in Aries, Sun in aspect to Mars, Moon in Aries, Moon in Aspect to Mars, Mars in the First house, Rising sign Aries or Mars in Aries.

Which single one would you say would best express the "warrior" energy and why? And could you possibly arrange the rest of the possibilities by order of strength?

Thank you.

I wouldn't say it was Moon in Aries because you are diluting the Fire of Aries by adding the Moon.

I think the purest essence of Aries would be combinations with houses/planets that are ruled by or exalted in Aries. So Mars in the first in a fire sign, or Pluto or Jupiter [another fire planet] in Aries in the first, or the Sun in the 5th or 9th, in Aries...?

Having the Sun in aspect to Mars is not necessarily Aries type energy if , for example, the planets are in mutable signs or in water or earth elements. Mars in Pisces opposed a Virgo Sun is not especially Aries type energy.

But maybe a Mars in Leo square a Scorpio Sun would be more of an Aries energy?

rollindays

I am a Sun in Libra and Moon in Aries. The Aries moon definitely gets rid off my Libra indecisiveness and makes me extremely decisive, and impulsive in certain things. But I wouldn't say it makes me an "Aries person" (the wants of an Aries), just a more decisive and fiery Libra.

Brennenb

I would absolutely say the first house, since it is ruled by Mars already. Sun in first house would probably make for a really intense Aries energy on the ascendant, which would mean an intense projection of Aries onto the world. That would be interesting!

JUPITERASC

I would absolutely say the first house, since it is ruled by Mars already.
Sun in first house would probably make for a really intense Aries energy on the ascendant
which would mean an intense projection of Aries onto the world.
hat would be interesting!
There are differing opinions on first house associations :smile:
for example
traditionally
first house is associated with Cancer and the Moon
discussion on THE THEMA MUNDI at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52099

The following chart illustrates THE THEMA MUNDI

attachment.php

JUPITERASC

I was wondering which would be the strongest manifestation of a specific energy in a chart,
let me give an example. Aries/Mars energy/archetype.

Sun in Aries, Sun in aspect to Mars, Moon in Aries, Moon in Aspect to Mars,
Mars in the First house, Rising sign Aries or Mars in Aries.

Which single one would you say would best express the "warrior" energy and why?
And could you possibly arrange the rest of the possibilities by order of strength?

Thank you.

Houses are defined as:

angular (1st, 4th, 7th & 10th)
succeedent (2nd, 5th, 8th, & 11th)
and
cadent (3rd, 6th, 9th & 12th), as shown in the diagram below.

ang.gif

The houses are not all equal in strength and power.
If a planet is located in an angular house, it is much more forceful in its effects
than it would be in a cadent house
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1d.html

On page 48 of Christian Astrology Lilly writes:

"....The angles are most powerful :smile:
the succeedents are next in virtue
the cadents poor, and of little efficacy:
the succeedent houses follow the angles
the cadents come next [after] the succeedents.
In force and virtue they stand so in order:

1 10 7 4 11 5 9 3 2 8 6 12......."