Christianity, Astrology, Destiny and God

DebbieMarie54

These are terms not often used together. In my world they fit perfectly.

I have been a Christian for a long time. I have struggled to find a relationship with God which felt right to me. I finally have one. I have been involved with Astrology for many years although I’ve not grown and advanced as an Astrologer as much as I’ve liked.

It’s been a difficult journey. I supposed it always will be. I don’t like secrets. I’m an open book, but around Christian friends I have to censor what I say. They would accuse me of Black Magic. They are of ignorant of Astrology. I accept this about them, and love them anyway.

A friend and I were discussing the concept of Destiny. The following are some of the highlights:

For me God has a plan. Not only because it states that in the Bible, but because of the theme that runs throughout my life. I am on a life course with life lessons. I have God Assignments, as do we all.

I was explaining Destiny in relation to Sextiles and Trines to my friend last night who knows nothing about Astrology. I said “Pretend you have a train stop at your front door. You know a train is about to come at a certain time. Are you or are you not going to get on that train? That’s an opportunity for you. You can accept or reject it. But you have to do your part to make it happen. God can’t do all the work for you. You have to show up.”

I see God work every day in terms of opportunity He presents; the life lessons He wants me to learn; and challenges He wants me to overcome and then evolve.

Are there anymore Christian Astrologers out there?

DebbieMarie

VirGem89

I'm not an active Christian, though I did grow up in a strict religious household. As I grew up, I saw it being too narrow minded/black and white, where I like seeing grey areas.

Astrology is a new love of mine. Well, not *new,* but new in the sense I understand it more in depth compared to how I understood it a couple months ago and haven't been able to stop learning more.

It's funny though, I've been saying things with a similar line of thought. I think a lot of the concepts are actually pretty similar, but very different, making me see my old faith in different lights even. One example:

- In the religion I grew up in, they taught humans were in the last days, and that Armageddon would be God's intervention, waking up the governmental leaders, but it being too late, because their corrupt ways are no longer in rule, heaven would be. Thus, establishing a new heavenly government replacing the man-made governments on Earth.

With astrology, there's the end of the age of Pisces, and the awake of the Aquarium. This end of one sign into the next being the start of an awake, thinking being shifted, more psychic and spiritual, not primarily religious/ritual. It makes me think of the Bible being a book made for the age of Pisces and ages prior, making the awake of Aquarium needing a whole new set of guidelines more suited to the now, because based off the symbols throughout it's entirety, it's where the Bible leaves off- the awake.

Based off what others have shared about this astrological information, it's how I've understood it and connected the two anyway. This probably sounds more like rambling than anything, but it makes sense in my head :lol:

But yeah, other things too being semi similar but having differences. So, I could see where you'd feel good combining the two. I still have older friends from my childhood that are still of that faith, but I don't speak to much anymore, too different in viewpoints. If I did, I'd also have to censor myself, where I'd have a hard time finding the friendship satisfying. So, I can see where that'd be hard.

DebbieMarie54

Thank you, VirGem. For a long time, I had nothing to do with God. I rejected God and religion. I was very mad at God too for years. But I had to face that fact I needed God. It took me awhile to get my anger thing resolved.

It was just a big misunderstanding really. I did not understand how God works. Come to find out it's the same way the Universe works. Sure glad I got that straightened out.

Now I'm not so mad, and God and Astrology fit in my heart very nicely side by side.

DebbieMarie,

This is a great topic but there is one flaw here.

The man who has had so much astrological influence in my teenage years taught me '...people most of the time do things at the wrong time...' and '....that Churches are more successful as business ventures(yes they are promoting our Lord's business) because they earnestly try to be in tune with the Creator by prayer..'!

What am I saying?

You started this wonderful thread while Luna was in opp with Sol!:surprised::w00t:

In other words the symbolism is the Public:moon:is opposed to the authorities and life force:sun:.

It will be great latter to start another debate with a great electional chart, for you are planting seeds as in:

http://www.exploreastrology.co.uk/astrology-in-the-bible.html

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 is one of the most beautiful verses found in the Bible:

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

QUOTE :smile:
An astrologer arguing against the bishop in the 4th century
on the existence of fate (astrology = fate):

Quote:
Meanwhile, the philosopher whose bizarre position I am refuting interjects,

“Why are you challenging the reality of fate? Why do you not imitate those who discern the truth through numbers and who accurately predict the hour of a person’s birth, [J.49] development, age, character, disposition, the dangers he experiences, marriage, children, reputation, or his lack of children, infirmities, disgrace, short life and poverty? Since we can precisely foresee these events and testify to the fulfillment of truth, why do you not believe [M.164] in the fate’s necessity?” - http://www.omhksea.org/2013/01/saint...-against-fate/

JUPITERASC

Good Lard Holy Moly Hally Lule Ya!
images

wan

I am not a Christian, however I had a friend who was, and I remember that I told her I was into astrology, then she became very judgmental. I forgot what she said exactly (it was a long time ago), but I remember the judgmental-ness of her tone.