Moon conjunction Mars

Venuslure

Does anyone else who has this aspect experience alot of energy within your emotions? Almost like you can feel anger and sadness similtamiously, like it's hard to seperate the two emotions and when they come on they are almost volcano like:confused:

astrobhadauria

Moon conjunct Mars
Mars stimulates the mind and imagination of Moon. The emotions of Moon will be easily aroused by Mars. Sometimes Moon will be hypersensitive
in reactions to Mars. Mars will want to lead Moon and will try to take command or coerce. Between persons of the opposite sex, this aspect
may stimulate physical attraction. It is one of the strong attractions that lead to love and marriage if other aspects between the charts support the possibility. It is best if the man's MARS aspects the woman's MOON. This aspect stimulates the propagative instincts and encourages conception. If the woman's MARS is on the man's MOON, she may try to dominate the man in the home or may often be impatient, argumentative or tactless with him. Sometimes she will be too demanding and may nag.

Claire19

Moon conjunct Mars can have many connotations depending on its aspects, sign and placement in the chart. It can mean that the mother figures in our lives are energetic and aggressive, showing Arie tendencies, impulsiveness, can be fiery and even red headed. Influenced to be independent and brave. Can be clashes with family members and violence in the home. Tendency to be short lived emotional outbursts. Can act angry when wounded and hurt and lash out. The emotional energies can be channelled positively into getting things done and in a way that is innovative and pioneering. "Me first."

Claire

freedomlover

On a whim, I decided to check my synastry with my mother ( I'm just trying to learn synastry.) I thought when I was reading this thread that that sounded just like my mother, that she HAD to have had Moon conjunct Mars. ..... and.............. Lo, and behold! My mother had Moon conjunct Mars in Leo in the 12th, opposing my Moon in Aquarius in my 1st.

She had a bad habit of storing up anger. She would let stuff go and not say anything, and I had no idea it bothered her. Then one day, she would lose her temper "like a volcano", and wind up grounding me for something I did 6 months before. She kept careful track of every grievance, and would try to use it to her advantage. Energetically, being around her felt like she was a human tornado. My half-sister referred to them as "hissy-fits". She got physically ill whenever she was around my mother for very long.

I remember having repeated dreams as a child about tornados coming at my house. I think now I understand what they may have meant.

ashakamath

In Vedic astrology this conjection is called as Mahalakhmi Yoga. Mahalakshmi being goddess of wealth.
If placed 2 nd house becomes the most powerful yoga.

Lissa

Both my parents have this aspect(along side with Sun conjunct Moon and Sun conjunct Mars).My dad has a really short temper(his Mars/Moon/Sun are in the sign of Aries),and he can be quite agressive.My mom(her Sun is in early Virgo and Moon and Mars are in late Leo)has some scary emotional explosions and she can be quite violent at times.

astrobhadauria

In Vedic astrology this conjection is called as "Enchak Taanaa Yoga. Enchak Taanaa being Want to make own talk within the lie talk of Topic for making own prestige point.
If placed 2 nd house becomes the most powerful yoga.

ashakamath

1)Mars/Moon/Sun are in the sign of Aries
2)Sun is in early Virgo and Moon and Mars are in late Leo.##

Sun+Moon+ mars-mars conjunct sun creates tremendous heat. Moon loses the lustre with these 2 planets is combust. It is hard to control the heat in their head-that too in firy sign of Aries!!!which house was this placement??

sun is Virgo is just okay-not great shakes. dual sign and all but mars in Leo-again suns house. that must have been terrible too. again whats the ascendat??

Lissa

ashakamath,

I believe you're talking about my parents on your post :p

I can't remember the exact birh time of my mum/dad,but I remember they both have Taurus ascendants.So my dad's Sun/Moon/Mars must be in either 11th or 12th house and my mom's Sun/Moon/Mars must be in the4th/5th houses.

Hope this helps lol.

All the best,
Lissa

ashakamath

Lissa, Instead of giving piece meal information, Pls give me an approximate time of birth. That way I can give you a better reading. Taurus in not a really developed sign, people are bull headed slightly.
asha

Moon - Mars quoting Sue Tompkins - Aspects in Astrology.

Fierce protection. Quick nurturing response. Sensitivity to discord. Angry feelings. Emotional conflict. Sexual feelers.

Rather like Sun—Mars, those with hard aspects between the Moon and Mars have a very strong need to 'do', to act, to roll up their sleeves and get on with the project in hand. Commonly there is much activity around the domestic scene, and the home is often not so much a place to retreat from where the individual may recharge their batteries, as the reason for those batteries getting run down in the first place. Typically, there are lots of comings and goings and snatched meals. The individual may find this exhilarating or exhausting depending upon the nature of the aspect, the overall feel of the chart and the condition of the 4th house in particular.

Usually there is plenty of emotional action in the individual's life, together with internal emotional conflict. Often the individual finds it difficult to integrate their need to take one course of action in order to feed one emotional need whilst having to take a different course of action in order to feed some different, seemingly conflicting emotional need. For example, safety, home, familiarity versus independence and sexual excitement. Sometimes there is emotional action in the life, as in arguments and plates flying around. Frequently though, the individual will have come from such an atmosphere and may take pains not to repeat it. All Moon—Mars contacts give rise to people who are very sensitive to any kind of conflict as well as any kind of threat.

Although Moon—Mars combinations may be associated with 'touchy' behaviour and sometimes a tendency to fly off the handle very easily, people with the hard aspects especially, often find it difficult to express their anger. Whilst this may result in them going overboard in attempting to make their position abundantly clear, it may also sometimes result in the individual being unable to express their anger, perhaps through fear of the consequences. The fixed signs are especially prone to hold on to their rage and then just letting rip every once in a while, whilst the mutable signs tend to express their anger through irritability and carping behaviour.

Some Moon—Mars people speak of an early home life (and this is especially the case with the opposition, I have found) where the parents or other family figures 'never argued' but nevertheless were extremely angry with each other. Typically the Moon—Mars child would have picked up on all the unexpressed rage and, like a sponge, absorbed it.

Charles Carter describes the Moon—Mars type as usually kind-hearted, sympathetic and keen to help. Certainly people with this combination are nearly always very protective.

Basically, people with these contacts have to integrate their need to assert themselves with their need to feel safe. On the whole the Moon-Mars person is a very good individual to have on your side, for they will seek to take care of you. With the hard aspects though, the individual may sometimes act like a mother whose children are about to be snatched away from her or accused of something. The problem with the hard aspects especially is, as always, the possibility of going too far and in this case, jumping in too quick. The Moon—Mars type may jump in and fight your battles, well before you even realised you were at war.

Basically, the feelings of this type are very easily and very quickly aroused. The person is usually used to feeling unsafe and is very quick to smell danger and thus cultivates speedy reactions and responses — the kind of reactions that sometimes save lives. Like Sun—Mars, Moon—Mars may be courageous, enterprising and fearless. To feel is to act for Moon—Mars. The problem may be that they react out of habit, and out of habit they may expect conflict. It can take those with the hard aspects a long time to realise that they and their loved ones are not continually under threat and that there is no reason to believe or behave as if World War III is about to break out at any moment, or that it might do so if one makes the wrong response. Sometimes, because the type is so frightened of conflict they can go too far in rushing to the defence, so it may well be a Moon—Mars person who ends up firing the first shot.

The need to protect the self and more especially one's family and others with whom there is an emotional bond is usually keenly developed with all aspects. Not uncommonly, the family were threatened in some way in childhood, if not by anger or violence within the household, then by some threat from outside.

As has been said, frequently those with these contacts came from highly volatile families where the mother-figure especially might be expected to explode at any moment.

One man with the opposition in his chart described to me how threatened he still often feels when confronted with what he sees as very assertive women. He found his own mother to be very explosive, whilst the father was very passive and seemingly unable to express his anger in any direct kind of way. Apparently his mother was the kind of person to make scenes in restaurants and pick fights with his schoolteachers. He describes himself now as 'very sensitive to discord' and 'reluctant to break any kind of emotional atmosphere'. A key phrase for this combination might well be 'fiercely protective' and as well as saying something about the individual it will often be describing the mother-figure in an exaggerated and caricatured way. I have known cases where the mother was so pushy and lived so much in expectation of some danger befalling her offspring that she went everywhere with the child. Sometimes she competes with the child and thus on another level unconsciously wants something awful to happen to the child (it works both ways of course: Moon—Mars people often fantasise about shooting their mother!).

Returning to this idea of Mum going everywhere, in one case I know of, she even went on the honeymoon. And this is interesting too because there is often a strong sexual tie with the mother-figure and early emotional bonding often has unusually strong sexual overtones.

Often the mother-figure competes with the child (generally or in sexual matters) or with others and sometimes Moon—Mars people have the same kind of conflict with competing that they have with anger, either being over-competitive or frightened of seeming so.

I associate abortion, miscarriage and premature birth with Moon—Mars contacts and sometimes the conjunction, especially if it falls in or rules the 5th house. It's as if the nurturing impulse is too quick, too sharp to go the full term. This quick but truncated nurturing response is usually what the Moon—Mars type is raised on, as if the bottle is always about to be taken away from the baby before it's finished feeding. Little wonder that in extreme cases the Moon—Mars type often behaves like an enraged infant screaming for its food. It is often issues around food and feeding that arouse anger with these aspects.

The hard aspects particularly with these planets can be associated with digestive upsets and stomach ulcers. This can sometimes be traced to the fact that the person eats when they are angry or eats to keep down angry feelings. And early feeding was often itself carried out by an angry and frustrated mother-figure or at least a mother who was always doing something. Sometimes she pursued a sexual relationship outside the marriage so that the child feels that they have to compete with this third figure for her attention.

Sometimes the individual with these aspects is born to a very young mother, and again one might think of the Moon—Mars of the woman who gives birth very quickly and also of the image of a very sexual mother.

Inevitably issues of anger and mother go together with these contacts either in that the individual is angry with their mother (almost inevitable or that the mother was perceived as an angry person (often) or that the Moon—Mars person gets angry on her behalf. Those with the conjunction are usually able to recognise themselves as angry and often as angry with their mother, whilst those with the opposition aspect usually spend some time believing that it is other people who are angry and other people who are responsible for discord.

The anger of the Moon—Mars person, like their sexuality, is often smouldering and broody. Rather like one of these dragons in childhood books, where the dragon is really rather a sympathetic character but breathes steam through his nostrils.

The Moon—Mars type will as often be found fighting on behalf of their roots and their past as fighting to get away from those roots. In cases of marital break-up there is often heated debate about property. The individual will often find themselves fighting for their security in different ways in their lives and fighting over the marital home is just one example of how this may become embodied. Fate sometimes seems to ensure that Moon—Mars people are not allowed to feel too physically safe in order that they be forced to discover what really constitutes safety or lack of it on emotional levels.

People with these contacts usually settle down and have a family quite early on in their lives. Often there is a feeling that there will be no time later on to do those things and that there may be no potential partners around to do them with. Basically, the person is often impatient for a home and a family.

Moon—Mars hard aspect types sometimes overeat or over-drink and occasionally may be overweight, if the configuration falls in appropriate signs. Frequently, on many emotional and often physical levels the child was not fed properly and was perhaps weaned too quickly in childhood. Sometimes there was competition for the mother's attention and sometimes actual competing for food. In any event, people with extreme Moon—Mars issues may eat as if they are in a race or as if the meal is going to be snatched away from them at any moment. Being overweight can also often be seen as a way of protecting the self, for the Moon—Mars person often feels unprotected. The vulnerable and fragile individual seeks to protect themselves behind an armour-plating of fat. There is also an impulsiveness about eating with Moon—Mars and indeed an impulsiveness about all forms of nurturance, whether of the self or others. I suspect that those with Moon—Mars hard contacts may often drink and eat out of the need for 'Dutch courage'.

One of the great virtues of Moon—Mars is that the individual with these contacts will usually be honest and direct about expressing their feelings (although some with the hard aspects may be just too direct for others' comfort). Usually there is a strong need to make the feelings clear with a corresponding dislike of emotional ambiguity. This combination can be associated with emotional courage.

People with these contacts usually have an instinctual feeling for sexual response and they can also be quite direct about sexual matters. Men especially, though, sometimes exude a sullen, moody, resentful, smouldering kind of sexuality with these contacts and yet manage to be baby-faced at the same time. An obvious example of this can be found in the chart of Marion Brando, who has a Sun—Moon—Mars—Pluto T-square which also involves the Moon and Mars signs Cancer and Aries. Sometimes Moon—Mars is not merely baby-faced, but in behaviour seems rather demanding in the way that a baby is, and again I think this can often be traced to issues around the mother putting out sexual feelers to the infant child.

The Moon—Mars combination is a splendid one for active involvement in decorating, carpentry, interior design and all other 'Do-it-Yourself projects. I often suggest to Moon—Mars people who feel that they have a lot of anger they don't know how to channel, to do something physical around the house — knock down a wall or paint the ceiling or something. This is also an ideal mix for work in the catering trade and for other vocations where the individual is actively involved with nurturing others; or where they can legitimately give vent to angry feelings, as might a radical politician or a hellfire preacher.

by Liz Greene/Howard Sasportas

- Mars conjunctions are not dissimilar to the square—Mars will increase the potency and drive of any planet it conjuncts. Mars conjunct the Sun heightens the urge for authority, power and self-expression; Mars conjunct the Moon heightens feelings and emotional responses, and so on. Obviously, as with any conjunction, you’ll need to consider the effects of the sign in which it is placed, also analyse it in relation to the rest of the chart, with special attention to the kinds of aspects made to the conjunction itself. A square or opposition to any Mars conjunction is bound to exacer-bate matters, and can be an extremely challenging configuration to work through or handle—but it will be vital to your happiness, or well-being that you do so.

With Moon opposing Mars you could end up battling with or about anything related to the Moon principle—conflicts with mother and females in general, domestic disputes and skirmishes over territorial rights, and, of course, arguments over emotional needs and requirements.

Fighting for recognition of their emotional needs is how they define their needs more clearly.

wan

I have Moon inconjunct Mars and I read online that this could translate to hair-trigger temper, which I think makes a lot of sense. When I was very little, I would get angry very easily and I would become very nasty about it. There were a few times I made my brother cry. Of course, now that we are both grown, this does not affect him to the same degree anymore (plus I am more mellow now) but I still go through my emotions as if I were on a roller-coaster. It's always ups-and-downs for me.

Melinn

Yes I have Mars Conj Moon and chiron in 10th house. In Gemini. Oppo Uranus and Saturn.

When I get angry or feel anything that arouses my feelings it will never be one feeling at a time! If its a negative feeling, I will feel deep anger, frustration, sadness, desperation, helplessnes, RAGE all at the same time! All the feelings will wash over me like a wave, drown me in them. If its a mild event that caused it, I will be able to cool down in 5-30 minutes.

If it's something someone did to me, I Have to talk it out, its an urge inside of me. Either by normal communucation or by angry words.

If it was something that made me feel anger in a big time, it will take me 1-2 weeks to cool down! ANd during that time all them feelings will be washing over me constantly. After 1-2 weeks I will reach acceptence, I will sit down and rationalise my feelings and I will make up a plan and stratedgy to how to cope with it or what to do next. (Its Oppo saturnus, strategy and control is needed)

What helps me most is, running and training. And strategy planning

Melinn

Moon - Mars quoting Sue Tompkins - Aspects in Astrology.

The Moon—Mars combination is a splendid one for active involvement in decorating, carpentry, interior design and all other 'Do-it-Yourself projects. I often suggest to Moon—Mars people who feel that they have a lot of anger they don't know how to channel, to do something physical around the house — knock down a wall or paint the ceiling or something. This is also an ideal mix for work in the catering trade and for other vocations where the individual is actively involved with nurturing others; or where they can legitimately give vent to angry feelings, as might a radical politician or a hellfire preacher.

Good insights from Sue Tompkins! Although I think its weird she suggests "doing physical things around the house". As a Mars-Moon conj myself, channeling energy on work like that would be a very very bad idea! Also I would never be able to concentrate.

So no I don't agree with her on that. Instead the best thing is to work out physically. Like running, training at the gym, boxing what ever. But Something that makes your pulse go up like running or walking fast is the best way. This is Mars, and getting the body physically tired by working out will calm one down emotionally aswell :)

Lykanized

My emotions are like a category 10 hurricane rolling through me sometimes, as I usually describe it. My moon trails a bit behind my mars, so as I've read, it serves my mars. I think it stands for a ****load of passion and nothing is done without feeling. Life for me is about passion and intimacy and it definitely adds a lot to my drive. Not only is love intense, but all my feelings are. I've been told I tend to smolder and that you can see my intense emotion in my eyes, and because conjunct is in Virgo, I may tend to hold my emotion in, but it's something that needs to get out somehow and if even just poked, it will. When deeply enraged, I tend to embarrassingly cry and maybe even shake because I have so much I'm trying to hold in

I think it's a great aspect, but also needs taming

I don't know if it's related to what I experience as bipolar mixed episodes. During these episodes, it's like depression and manic energy mixed. It's highly destructive or creative depending on how I'm able to direct it. Perhaps those with the conjunct who aren't bipolar go through that on a lesser scale. Somehow, some way, something is gonna get changed and you have to figure out how and direct that energy yourself or it will direct itself in a very bad way

Last edited: