Progressed Moon opposite my Ascendant

Caro

i think you have to look at transits and how that may impact the progressed moon.

in 1999 - I had progressed moon conj transiting saturn on desc then into 7th house. also jupiter I think was also transiting taurus(7th H)(there was a grand cross occurring in fixed signs at this time - I think this connected with my sun in aqua)

the result was a break up of relationship that was very painful for me. I was not alone per se. I had friends. but felt very alone - the pain went quite deep and feel I had no one I could discuss this with. 'the usual you will get over it and meet someone else'.

i did seek counselling and as result changed a huge amount in my life. as transiting uranus conj my sun in 2001. I made a break for freedom.

this progressed moon conj transit of saturn has only just ended. I suppose looking back I have become even more self reliant. But it has been tough!

Sany

I found in a very old book on progressions that an opposing prog. Moon to one's Sun brings out one's separation from others, but it does not address the Ascendant. Has anyone experienced this?

I have progressed Moon in my 7th now, but few months ago it was opposing my ascendant. I have my natal Moon in my 7th also and my Sun-Moon midpoint just few degrees before my descendant. It did bring me separation (divorce) when progressed Moon was conjunct transiting north node exactly on my Sun-Moon midpoint but I can`t say I exeperienced loneliness. I found a new job (also matter of the 6th house where the conjunciton occured), new friends (Moon is also ruler of my 3rd and transiting Uranus just entered Aries in my natal 11th) and a new love affair also at the time when progressed Moon mooved to exact opposition to my ascendant. This whole time my progressed Sun is exactly on my descendant. And this long Venus transit through Gemini (where my ascendant is) brought me a lot of social activity and opportunities for relationships, especially at the time when transiting Venus was opposing progressed Moon exactly on my asc-dsc axis (natally I have Venus-Moon sextile exact).

Last edited:

Sany

A Moon`s progression through house puts our focus in that life area for some time. And when entering a house, leaving house or changing sign inside of a house it always brings some kind of change it that life area. So in this case of a 7th house, the changes could be in form of ending some of relationships or building new ones, depending on the other aspects you have (natal, transit and progressed). With Saturn squaring your ascendant at the same time some separations are inevitable and a feeling of loneliness and isolation is normal.