One simple question, one yes or no..

fullmoonlibra

Are transits through a house in a progressed chart more relevant and accurate than transits through the regular natal chart?

The reason I ask this is because of the expectation that I had about Jupiter transiting through my natal 9th and 10th house, and there were only dissapointments.
Now, Jupiter is very close to my progressed MC Chiron in Gemini, and I was thinking if it would affect my ideals to become writer.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Not a stupid question at all.

Well, if a natal house has planets, which are being touched by transiting planet(s) and progressed planet(s), then there is more pressure/activity in that particular house, isn't there?

As to your having had expectations of a planet, presently Jupiter, well, Jupiter won't always do what you 'expect' it to. Sometimes there are blessings in disguise that are not noticed instantaneously.

:)AQ7

IleneK

Premium Member
Are transits through a house in a progressed chart more relevant and accurate than transits through the regular natal chart?

The reason I ask this is because of the expectation that I had about Jupiter transiting through my natal 9th and 10th house, and there were only dissapointments.
Now, Jupiter is very close to my progressed MC Chiron in Gemini, and I was thinking if it would affect my ideals to become writer.

Hi, flm.

There is some question as to whether transits to a progressed chart are meaningful. We usually examine a transit or progression to the natal chart. Or we look at transits to transits or progressed to progressed, within certain exceptions.

So to answer your question, I would say that transits through your natal chart are more relevant and accurate than transits through your progressed chart.

fullmoonlibra

Hi, flm.

There is some question as to whether transits to a progressed chart are meaningful. We usually examine a transit or progression to the natal chart. Or we look at transits to transits or progressed to progressed, within certain exceptions.

So to answer your question, I would say that transits through your natal chart are more relevant and accurate than transits through your progressed chart.

I see..
But I don't understand the working from the red progression lines on astro.com, at the 'natal, transits and progressions combined' - section.
What meaning does the space of the line have?

fullmoonlibra

Hi,

Not a stupid question at all.

Well, if a natal house has planets, which are being touched by transiting planet(s) and progressed planet(s), then there is more pressure/activity in that particular house, isn't there?

As to your having had expectations of a planet, presently Jupiter, well, Jupiter won't always do what you 'expect' it to. Sometimes there are blessings in disguise that are not noticed instantaneously.

I hope you are right. My education went bad and got restricted when Jupiter was transiting the 9th house. I have my Sun conjunct NN in the 9th house and besides an opposite to Pluto, all trines to Neptune, Mars, ASC and Uranus..
So, in stead of improvement, I changed from school..
And when Jupiter transit was conjunct my Venus/MC (10th), I quit school..

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I see..
But I don't understand the working from the red progression lines on astro.com, at the 'natal, transits and progressions combined' - section.
What meaning does the space of the line have?

I think I know what you are talking about, but not exactly sure what chart you are referring to. If you would want to upload it here, I would be glad to try to address your questions.

aquarius7000

Hi,
....went bad and got restricted when Jupiter was transiting the 9th house. I have my Sun conjunct NN in the 9th house and besides an opposite to Pluto, all trines to Neptune, Mars, ASC and Uranus..
So, in stead of improvement, I changed from school..
And when Jupiter transit was conjunct my Venus/MC (10th), I quit school..
Well, what needs to be realised is that it's never just one planet (Jup) transiting your chart alone. There are other influences as well, plus also circumstances, opportunities you get and what you make of them.