The Best way to transform the negative influences in your chart?

Ok, analyzing my chart I found many roots for my long-life issues and inner conflicts. The question now is how to transform it? I don't believe in fatalistic astrology and their preaching that you can't transform that which once is given to you.
My problem is between this conflicts.
I have sun square mars which has tendency for aggressive urge to express and prove oneself to the world. And 2 squares in the realms of the moon: moon square mercury and moon square ascendant which shows my low self-image and inner conflicts between emotions and thinking.
So, on the one side there is tendency to succeed and be Lieder (sun-mars) and on the other side I don't have the proper amount of inner confidence (moon squares) and law self-image.
Do you have some experience in transforming the "bad" affects of the planets (aspects) in your natal chart?

Best,
Ile

Saturnian

Ok, analyzing my chart I found many roots for my long-life issues and inner conflicts. The question now is how to transform it? I don't believe in fatalistic astrology and their preaching that you can't transform that which once is given to you.
I have sun square mars which has tendency for aggressive urge to express and prove oneself to the world. And 2 squares in the realms of the moon: moon square mercury and moon square ascendant which shows my low self-image and inner conflicts between emotions and thinking.
So, on the one side there is tendency to succeed and be Lieder (sun-mars) and on the other side I don't have the proper amount of inner confidence (moon squares) and law self-image.
Do you have some experience in transforming the "bad" affects of the planets (aspects) in your natal chart?

Best,
Ile
Like you said squares are not for a life.The way I perceive squares is that they are somekind of obstacles in your life that you must overcome,lessons that you have to learn.
I think you need to tune yourself,what I mean?Logic and heart should go together,never separately or it can create many problems.Try to do things and make decisions where the mind agrees with what you are feeling and that can ease some inner conflicts,but if you keep using mind separately from the heart soon enough you'll become slpit in two and very unbalanced,as at times you'll be making decisions based on logic and others based on only emotions that overwhelm you at the moment.

As for low self-esteem.That is something you have to build for yoursel.You could either visit a phychologist for that problem as often it is deeply rooted and an expert can help you best.
Or you can usually think of your good points,like "what is it that i do good?"
Or if you have a hard time boosting your self confidence and esteem,ask others for what they value themselves and you can get different kinds of opinions on how they boost themselves that might prove useful to you.Also you could ask close friends or close family members to point out what are some of your possitive traits.

~That's all,hope it helped somehow.

Re: Changing our behaviour changes what happens to us

[http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=212212&postcount=1 produces a chart that does not have moon square ascendant, Ile.]

Use progressions and transits to practice/implement Saturnian's excellent advice...

...For example (if the chart I've calculated from the above link is correct), you actually have a Mars/Pluto conjunction squaring Sun...with Mars at Scorpio 6 degrees/Pluto at Scorpio 2 degrees and Sun at 3 degrees of Aquarius...So, planets progressing or transitting through 1-7 degrees of any zodiac sign will activate your Sun/Mars/Pluto configuration...and something will happen then, which reveals how this natal configuration causes you to behave...

By objectively monitoring these happenings, retrospectively...you will be able to ascertain how your behaviour contributed to the outcome, and how changing your behaviour could have changed the outcome...

Then, it's a question of consciously behaving in a way that produces the desired outcome rather than unconsciously behaving in the habitual way that your Sun/Mars/Pluto has programmed you to do.

[Your aim is to become consciously aware of how this configuration makes you unconsciously/habitually behave (which is likely to differ from how it makes others behave, and/or how the textbooks say it should make you behave)...and then replace that behaviour with something that is more appropriate.]

-

Hi EJ53.
I was also confused about Moon square asc. Cause, one astrologer once said to me that I have tension in Libra squaring Ascendant, which I relate to the Moon square Ascendant. I was also confused about that statement.
Yes, the chart that you saw is mine and correct.
The thing is that all my Sun aspects are stressful.
Sun square Mars and Pluto and Sun in opposition to the Ascendant.
Sun is self-expression. I have inner conflicts which I experience for since I knew about myself, and now I reveal them in my chart. Or to say, I make them conscious. Those inner conflicts are conflicts in self expression. Sun square Mars makes me ambitious and aggressive(eager) to succeed in life.
Sun square Pluto makes me compulsive to work on my self-transformation which not give me many time to work on my success (in my priority - mars ambition).
You see, here I have two different compulsions. On one side I hardly work on my personal transformation, and on the other side I have compulsion: "I do not work for my success, I must do something!".
Here are also stressful aspects of the Moon which is how I feel about my self, or to say, the level of inner confidence. Here I have Moon square Mercury which gives me uncertainty, again, in my self-expression through words and rational thinking.
These are 3-4 stressful aspects on which I need to work on. Therefore my question was which is your way in transforming this energies? Is it only by noticing them and make them conscious or you have some additional practice of transformation of this energies?!

Thank you for your replay.

Best,
Ile

Inside Out Orange

I think this is a great question and one I was mulling over the other day myself.

My Neptune square sun/moon/venus absolutely kills all my interactions with people. It's only this past year that I've really begun to realise how flaky and ambiguous I can come across. Where I see myself as being flexible and open-minded, it leaves others suspicious and uncertain.

Being a square sometimes the strength of my Leo planets shines and I come across as definite, certain and strong; other times neptune kicks in and I shy away.

The way I'm learning to deal with it is to keep the emphasis on my leo planets. That when I start to feel neptune kick in, that I take a deep breath and push myself forward.

Like you said squares are not for a life.The way I perceive squares is that they are somekind of obstacles in your life that you must overcome,lessons that you have to learn.
Yes, I think that they are challenges.

I think you need to tune yourself,what I mean?Logic and heart should go together,never separately or it can create many problems.Try to do things and make decisions where the mind agrees with what you are feeling and that can ease some inner conflicts,but if you keep using mind separately from the heart soon enough you'll become slpit in two and very unbalanced,as at times you'll be making decisions based on logic and others based on only emotions that overwhelm you at the moment.
Exactly! But my question was how to do that? You see, I have this moon-mercury square (emotions - mind square). Maybe through willed action like you said?!

Best,
Ile

I think this is a great question and one I was mulling over the other day myself.

My Neptune square sun/moon/venus absolutely kills all my interactions with people. It's only this past year that I've really begun to realise how flaky and ambiguous I can come across. Where I see myself as being flexible and open-minded, it leaves others suspicious and uncertain.

Being a square sometimes the strength of my Leo planets shines and I come across as definite, certain and strong; other times neptune kicks in and I shy away.

The way I'm learning to deal with it is to keep the emphasis on my leo planets. That when I start to feel neptune kick in, that I take a deep breath and push myself forward.

Hi there!
Yes, this question is of enormous important. Cause, I think Astrology is tool for self-transformation and not only for predicting the future or the past.
In my searching I found that Stephen Arroyo's books are unique in this kind of astrology thinking. Do you have read Arroyo?

Best,
Ile

Saturnian

Yes, I think that they are challenges.

Exactly! But my question was how to do that? You see, I have this moon-mercury square (emotions - mind square). Maybe through willed action like you said?!

Best,
Ile
Make sure that usually the decision you make go together with the feelings.Don't go for decisions that make you feel bad or something like that.

Horus

Best,
Ile

The nature of your question is the reason I got into astrology -to decode my chart for the karmic matrix, and the solution. And you are absolutely correct ---the natal config is the hand your dealt not how its played, and I subscribe to "evolutionary astrology" per Steven Forrest and others. You can turn this around!

Your Moon squares demand the most attention. Among other things the Moon is your all-powerful subconscious mind. It may sound well and good to just be aware and take conscious control over your issues, but this rarely works. Ask people who are trying to use their will (Sun) to quit addictive habits like smoking only to find that they can't stick to the decision and they keep doing it anyway and seem to be fighting with themselves -namely their Moon- which is what's really in control! Then they come see me, a clinical hypnotherapist, to have their "Moons" reprogrammed!

I haven't seen your chart so can't offer much more here other than for you to generate as clear and accurate descriptions of your emotional behavior patterns as possible, and use neuro-linguistic programming and hypnosis to shift them. Sometimes this can be done by one's self, sometimes it requires a pro, but its worth it to get help, IMO.

The nature of your question is the reason I got into astrology -to decode my chart for the karmic matrix, and the solution. And you are absolutely correct ---the natal config is the hand your dealt not how its played, and I subscribe to "evolutionary astrology" per Steven Forrest and others. You can turn this around!

Your Moon squares demand the most attention. Among other things the Moon is your all-powerful subconscious mind. It may sound well and good to just be aware and take conscious control over your issues, but this rarely works. Ask people who are trying to use their will (Sun) to quit addictive habits like smoking only to find that they can't stick to the decision and they keep doing it anyway and seem to be fighting with themselves -namely their Moon- which is what's really in control! Then they come see me, a clinical hypnotherapist, to have their "Moons" reprogrammed!

I haven't seen your chart so can't offer much more here other than for you to generate as clear and accurate descriptions of your emotional behavior patterns as possible, and use neuro-linguistic programming and hypnosis to shift them. Sometimes this can be done by one's self, sometimes it requires a pro, but its worth it to get help, IMO.

Hi Horus,
Thank you for your replay and advices.
Here's my chart:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19632
So, if you have time see it and I'll appreciate your comments.
Thank you.

Best,
Ile

[/COLOR]
No, Ile......You do not have Sun square Mars (= ambition to succeed) AND Sun square Pluto (= compulsion to transform self)...

...You have Sun in Aquarius/7th square a Mars/Pluto conjunction in Scorpio/4th ( which might = difficulty in expressing yourself effectively with groups and partners...because of a compulsive drive to succeed, created in childhood)...

[Note : The point I am trying to make here Ile, is that you have to understand how each planet works in relation to your whole chart/life before you can determine how to transform the resultant energy/behaviour....So, the first step is to understand your chart as a whole and (from that) establish the behaviour patterns that need to change + how and why.

You have noticed these energies, Ile...but you are not yet conscious of the/your behaviour which results from them...

That comes from observing/reviewing your (past, present and future) behaviour during progressions/transits to the relevant natal configurations...through self-analysis/meditation, seeking object comments from friends, attending self-awareness classes and/or enlisting the help of a professional/therapist.

EJ

Hi again EJ53
Yes I know that the whole look to the chart is needed when one is interpreting the chart, and I'm working on that. Now I'm working on the aspects in my natal chart and the conclusions that I said about the sun squares and oppositions are made by analyzing the whole chart.
Why you look Sun square with Mars and Pluto as a whole?
I look them as a separate relationship one with another. I think that square sun-mars shows a challenge of desire to express one self and that desire may became aggressive with time. On the other side I look into the sun-pluto square as a tendency to transform oneself in a manner that with time that may became compulsive. And yet, in that triangle relationship as a whole I can see myself how I'm struggling between wonting so much to be recognized and adored (Libra Moon), and compulsively doing transformation in my personality in order to be recognized on one way or another. On other side I have Cancer Rising with his ruler - Moon in the 4th house which is tendency to detached in private (home) atmosphere, with uncertainty to go out there (Moon squares). You see I have this Libra-Cancer attached-detached game. Again, I have Aquarius sun, which is also friendly and detached in his own way.
However, I'm a beginner but there is a different approaches out there and when I saw that I decide to go on my own and do interpretation on my own chart with my knowledge collecting and intuitive guidance.
But I appreciate your and other replays cause in that way I'm learning more and take wider views on the whole subject.

Best,
Ile

Last edited:

waybread

My suggestions will sound like so much sublimation to some people, but honestly, I think the universe notices if we take small steps towards self-empowerment, and tends then to help us along our path.

Maybe keep a notebook or journal.

1. Read all of the positive interpretations of your planets according to their signs and houses. Make notes of all the ones you like and find uplifting to you.

2. Make some notes about positive, constructive, practical ways to bring more of those energies into your life, and day by day, bit by bit, bring more of them into your life.

To suggest just one example, the positive sides of Mars are courage, athletics/sports, and self-reliance. The moon is the traditional ruler of the sea and other bodies of water. So maybe take up a water-based sport that tests and builds your courage and endurance.

3. Look at the parts of your chart that you find the weakest, and look for ways to strengthen them. If Mars seems weak, wear more red (his colour). If the moon seems weak, look for "lunar" activities to strengthen it, perhaps keeping a dream journal or volunteering with disadvantaged children.

After a while, the troubling parts of our horoscopes should improve.

There are very few "vanilla" charts out there. The stressors indicated by squares are most conducive to our personal growth, because we are constantly challenged to develop the energies represented by our difficult aspects.

And that's a good thing.

My suggestions will sound like so much sublimation to some people, but honestly, I think the universe notices if we take small steps towards self-empowerment, and tends then to help us along our path.

Maybe keep a notebook or journal.

1. Read all of the positive interpretations of your planets according to their signs and houses. Make notes of all the ones you like and find uplifting to you.

2. Make some notes about positive, constructive, practical ways to bring more of those energies into your life, and day by day, bit by bit, bring more of them into your life.

To suggest just one example, the positive sides of Mars are courage, athletics/sports, and self-reliance. The moon is the traditional ruler of the sea and other bodies of water. So maybe take up a water-based sport that tests and builds your courage and endurance.

3. Look at the parts of your chart that you find the weakest, and look for ways to strengthen them. If Mars seems weak, wear more red (his colour). If the moon seems weak, look for "lunar" activities to strengthen it, perhaps keeping a dream journal or volunteering with disadvantaged children.

After a while, the troubling parts of our horoscopes should improve.

There are very few "vanilla" charts out there. The stressors indicated by squares are most conducive to our personal growth, because we are constantly challenged to develop the energies represented by our difficult aspects.

And that's a good thing.

Hi waybread,
Thank you for your advices. I found it very useful.
I like this one:

I think the universe notices if we take small steps towards self-empowerment, and tends then to help us along our path

Best to you,
Ile

Nexus7

One thing that does work for me, though I never set out to undertake this just to work through my horrendous natal afflictions and horrendous transits, is through Art. Even if every lousy work I ever do falls on stony ground to cries of 'pathetic mishmash of mediocrity and a total waste of time' and is dispensed on a big bonfire the minute I pop my clogs, well, whatever: all very therapeutic, it was.

Difficult transits involving Saturn, outer planets to natal planets and t-squares: these can be very creative periods indeed. Word of warning though: this may still not prevent poo from happening in the shape of either difficult or tragic events involving other people in your life, as this is all about inner work, but other people and larger mundane planetary cycles are not necessarily part of this sollipsistic grand plan.

Last edited:

waybread

One thing that does work for me, though I never set out to undertake this just to work through my horrendous natal afflictions and horrendous transits, is through Art. Even if every lousy work I ever do falls on stony ground to cries of 'pathetic mishmash of mediocrity and a total waste of time' and is dispensed on a big bonfire the minute I pop my clogs, well, whatever: all very therapeutic, it was.

Difficult transits involving Saturn, outer planets to natal planets and t-squares: these can be very creative periods indeed. Word of warning though: this may still not prevent poo from happening in the shape of either difficult or tragic events involving other people in your life, as this is all about inner work, but other people and larger mundane planetary cycles are not necessarily part of this sollipsistic grand plan.

Very wise! Even those of us without any art training or talent can still write or draw something. A journal, a sketch pad....

Thanks, Ile!

LittleMiss

I really liked Waybreads post, I do alot of what it says.

I have a square between mars-saturn conjunction and moon-venus conjunction. And I've come to figure out that both these energies needs attention and a consious outlet, but they can not work at the same time... I have to allow myself to be vunderable and relating with my emotions to other people (moon-venus), and then accept that part as me, but I also have to allow myself to be angry, express myself physically, be determend and so on (saturn-mars). Beeing counsious of these two energies in this way (and a lot of what Waybread said by cultivating the positive traites of each planet and conjunction) has helped me a lot.

Good Luck!

I use astrology much in the same way as you, for personal growth! I think it is a fabolous tool for self awarness and development!!

Hi Nexus 7,
Thank you for your wise words. I'm an artist so I think I know exactly what are you mean.

Best,
Ile

I really liked Waybreads post, I do alot of what it says.

I have a square between mars-saturn conjunction and moon-venus conjunction. And I've come to figure out that both these energies needs attention and a consious outlet, but they can not work at the same time... I have to allow myself to be vunderable and relating with my emotions to other people (moon-venus), and then accept that part as me, but I also have to allow myself to be angry, express myself physically, be determend and so on (saturn-mars). Beeing counsious of these two energies in this way (and a lot of what Waybread said by cultivating the positive traites of each planet and conjunction) has helped me a lot.

Good Luck!

I use astrology much in the same way as you, for personal growth! I think it is a fabolous tool for self awarness and development!!

Hi LittleMiss,

Yes it is!! I'm glad that you use the real purpose of Astrology. :)

Beeing counsious of these two energies in this way (and a lot of what Waybread said by cultivating the positive traites of each planet and conjunction) has helped me a lot.

Yes, I also found this way of working to be productive.
I recently was introduced with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and I started using it on Astrology and it's very effective! :)
If you're familiar with EFT they have a phrase which one say it while tapping certain acupuncture points in his body.
The phrase I use is this:
"Even though I have this Sun Square Mars/Pluto Conjunction which makes me to feel/act in this way, I deeply and completely accept and love my self".
And you go with the whole EFT procedure alongside.
I found it very effective, really. :)
One of the EFT's Motto is: "Use it on everything". It is really true motto. It can be used on everything.
Are you familiar with EFT?

Best,
Ile