Indications of Creativity or Artistic talent?

Shokk

(This might actually belong to some subforum, but just in case I'm posting it here for the fact that it fits in the general category here.)
Basically, I've started questioning where I really want to go in life career-wise, for a good while I've wanted to be involved in making video games, specifically as a concept artist, mainly because I grew up playing video games ,and I'm passionate about art, but recently I've lost a lot of interest in video games and with that comes the question of what business I would have making something that I really don't care about? And on a more practical note I'm questioning whether I'd be capable of making even half-decent wages as an artist. I guess some of this might be brought on by the fact that Pluto is now plowing through my 6th house of work and suchlike. But anyway, that's just a little background into why i'm making this thread. I don't really want this thread to be about me, I want to discuss what the Natal Chart might indicate regarding artistic talent or creativity in general.

Now as per forum rules, I'll attempt to get this ball rollling, but bear in mind that I'm fairly fuzzy on the astrological meanings of planets so I might bork this up good bit.

I suppose looking at venus would be a place to start, since I see art and beauty frequently associated with Venus.
Mercury also might be of some weight here since art is, in a sense, communicating your view of the world or what you see in your mind's eye. (But then we have to start asking ourselves what art really is and how to define it, a task that I don't plan on undertaking in this post, maybe it's just too complex to boil down to a few planets and houses anyway, but moving happily along...)
So now I'm looking at what might contribute to inspiration, which I'd probably say falls into the realm of uranus and/or neptune.

Then I guess as far as aspects are concerned quintiles involving the aforementioned planets would give some form of artistic talent, as quintiles are said to be indicators of giftedness or innate talent with something.

I think I'm going to be stopping there as far as my attempt goes, this is proving to be an incredibly confusing topic to interpret.

astrop86

For artistic and creative talent in career, look for what aspects Mercury, Venus, and Uranus make to your MC or locations in the 10th house.

I'm not sure on this next part, but since Saturn is the natural ruler of the 10th house, also check to see what aspects Saturn makes to the above mentioned planets.

MTTY05

What astrop86 said. Also I'd see where Neptune is and see what aspects it makes to your inner planets and Jupiter. Venus or Moon in Libra, and Venus in Taurus would help too. And check what planets are in the 5th house.

Shokk

Hmm, interesting you should say that, I have no planets in the 5th house, but I do have a stellium of my Pars Fortunae, Vertex, and North Node.
As far as the MC is concerned, Venus is semisextile the MC, Ceres is sextile to it, and the MC is sextile Juno.
Jupiter is square neptune,Uranus and Neptune are both semisextile Saturn.
No planets in the 10th house itself.

Shokk

At this size, my chart becomes rather difficult to read, since I can't quite find anything that would allow me to resize my chart while allowing me to see the file size, such that I could maximize the possible size..
EDIT: (Okay for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be working at the moment, it should be agood bit larger than that thumbnail, but it seems I've borked something up along the way to turning it into a thumbnail.) here's the direct link until further notice:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn78/Shokk/mahnat.gif

Attachments

• th_mahnat.gif
    th_mahnat.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

vncist00

creativity comes form the careful movement of energy through and from the aspects, not solely on specific planets. Differen tplanets definetly contribute to different things, however its the how the energy is orchestrated.

creativity comes from 5th house which is your Jupiter/Sagg placed in 3rd house of communications. Now Jupiter is involved with an air 'grand trine' which isn't terribly productive and sometimes a bit lazy. Your saturn square pluto from 7th to 4th will give ambitions though and ability to work hard on something.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

As you are only 16 years old there is plenty of time to evolve careerwise. Are you currently studying at college? what topics?

Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected.

Now your MC in late Aries ruled by mars and placed in 11th house of large organisations, groups, friendships and this shows where you put your physical energies, by sign Cancer. Cancer is very shrewd in business and good with money and hanging onto it, but a born worrier, overly concerned with family matters and home roots and tends to interfer in these areas...

Your 2nd house ruled by mercury and placed in 7th house of business partnerships and again 6th house is ruled by Capp thus Saturn and placed in 7th house

My way of helping newbies is for them to do more research and learning rather than just ‘drop the answer in your lap’ and not necessarily to provide professional readings and forecast future events.
Having a Sagittarius MC is the sign of the teacher and I do indeed teach astrology. This forum is a wonderful community of all mixed levels. So instead of dropping the answer in your lap I may provide links and dangle carrots in the hope that if you are sincerely interested enough you will do the research and enlighten yourself….

This forum (in my opinion) is more of a discussion and learning site, and the main objective is to encourage, interact and explain astrologically why something is happening in your life, rather than just ‘drop the answer in your lap’ and not necessarily to provide professional readings and forecast future events.

Now your mars is quite challenged by squares/oppositions, firstly opp Neptune
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsneptuneaspects.html

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html

So, your chart ruler Sun is placed in 7th conjunct Saturn, which suggests father or authority figure was restrictive or not overly supportive of your ego needs during childhood. When a Sun is conjunct any of the outer weight planets it automatically becomes an honorary Saturian, Uranian, Neptunian and Plutonian, cos their influence seems to overshaddow the 'light' and sun's energies...

7th house matters, ie; one to one relationships and relating will be of ultimate importance and poss even a business partnerships or in business with your marriage partner are all possible

Hope this helps

freedomlover

astrop86 said:
For artistic and creative talent in career, look for what aspects Mercury, Venus, and Uranus make to your MC or locations in the 10th house.

I'm not sure on this next part, but since Saturn is the natural ruler of the 10th house, also check to see what aspects Saturn makes to the above mentioned planets.

If this is so.... what would Venus in Cap, ruler of MC in Libra, in the 1st house trine Uranus/Pluto in Virgo in the 8th have to say about my artistic talent? Mercury(r) in Sag/12th makes an exact septile to my MC. Uranus in Virgo in 8th makes a septile to the MC as well, but a little iffy, with a 2 degree orb.

Venus in Cap/1st also makes a tight sextile to Neptune in Scorpio in the 10th. Neptune wasn't one of the planets mentioned here, but I think it was an oversight, as it has been my understanding that Neptune was one of the key planets to artistic ability.

My chart is in link at bottom of page, if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

FL

yashkaran

no it is not that confusing. the art and beauty and aesthetic sense are represented by venus. mercury is the god of expression and jupiter makes you leader in this field if venus and mercury and 5th house contain strength and have some kind of relation with house of profession, the signficator of profession sun and the lord of house of profession.

yashkaran sharma
http://zodiac.futurepointindia.com/
e-mail- myaccount.abc@gmail.com