Mars AND Pluto in my 7th house.

Damo Mayo

Personally I would rather not have it this way, but I have ended up with both Mars and Pluto in the 7th, with Mars placed almost right on the descendant, with a big scary horizontal line slicing the chart in two indicating an almost exact opposition between Mars in Virgo and my Pisces Ascendant.

Both planets apparently give rise to an element of marital combat, and it is a concern to see them both in the 7th. It makes me wonder if I'm going to spend my life going through a series of quarelsome and perhaps violent and abusive gay relationships. Who is more likely to be the abuser- me or them? In the past I have ended up arguing purely for fun, but only ever with partners. I hate arguing with anyone else. If you have either or both of these planets occupying your 7th, how does this affect you?

rogue_red

Hey there. I have pluto in virgo in 6th about 6 deg away from being on the desc and i have a pisces asc.
Personally i have still felt the plutonian effects on my relationships. There always tends to be a power imbalance. I tend to loose mine:eek:. I have been in a very controlling relationship so knowing that i am sort of predisposed to it i study up on it, prepare for it, have a contingency plan and acknowledge it.
Just like being predisposed to diabetes, if you prepare for it and learn to manage it then it doesnt have to ruin your life.

Rogue red;)

Damo Mayo

Thanks Rogue. Isn't it amazing how simply being born at a certain time of day can swing the planets round to the stickiest of positions. I forgot to mention that in my case Pluto is in Libra, so hopefully a calming influence on that rogue planetoid. I'm thanking my lucky stars that Mars and Pluto didn't end up in conjunction. I've noticed that that particular aspect gives rise to a certain temperament. Both people I know who have that in their charts are rather quick to take offense and subsequently cause it in return.

The astrologer Howard Sasportas has Mars/Pluto and Saturn in the 7th house in Leo. I remember he mentioned it through his seminars in his books. I think he got advised by another astrologer to go into business partnerships to use this energy up, and personal relationships alone wouldn't have contain all the intensity. Can you think of any productive ways the aspect could be used. :)

Damo Mayo said:
Personally I would rather not have it this way, but I have ended up with both Mars and Pluto in the 7th, with Mars placed almost right on the descendant, with a big scary horizontal line slicing the chart in two indicating an almost exact opposition between Mars in Virgo and my Pisces Ascendant.

Both planets apparently give rise to an element of marital combat, and it is a concern to see them both in the 7th. It makes me wonder if I'm going to spend my life going through a series of quarelsome and perhaps violent and abusive gay relationships. Who is more likely to be the abuser- me or them? In the past I have ended up arguing purely for fun, but only ever with partners. I hate arguing with anyone else. If you have either or both of these planets occupying your 7th, how does this affect you?

It be most helpful to ‘post’ your chart (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Really need to see how your mars and pluto are aspected to make proper comments. I have Pluto in 7th with Uranus, but my Pluto is very close trine to natal Moon in 3rd house and sextile mars in 5th, so not too troublesome. I must admit i am attracted to strong, wilful, Plutonian type men, I want a man to be the man, so to speak. Cos if they weren't strong, I would probably take control and don't want this. Uranus is the obvious 'divorce' aspect...... done this 3x now
;)

Mars in the 7th House

!You have tremendous sexual energy—like the Energizer bunny, you keep going and going…! You need a partner who challenges you. In fact, someone who holds his/her own in an argument turns you on. Your close personal relationships are a source of conflict in your life, and you tend to pick partners who bring out the most aggressive side of your nature. In order for your love life to be more peaceful and satisfying, you will need to cultivate the art of compromise. Avoid a tendency to jump into altercations with others without first making a genuine effort to understand their point of view.
*You are attracted to feisty, dynamic, strong-willed people, and you seem to need a lot of fireworks in your personal relationships. You can be very combative, or get involved with people who are. Ideally you will join with people who are energetic and ambitious, but not too domineering or aggressive.
+You are highly motivated when it comes to relationships (social or private) and strive to rise above personalities. An urge to see unity in everything, to marry or join all disparities, may find you going overboard now and again.

Courtesy of http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsinhouses.html

Last edited:

hermetic

Damo Mayo said:
Who is more likely to be the abuser- me or them?

this is an interesting part of the question? Depending a lot on your other placements, gender, cultural background, and such, but those themes of Mars and Pluto are bound to be prominent.

If you were a female with passive signs of personal planets - Cancer, Pisces, Libra, - you'd most probably project this inward contents onto a partner.
While a male with strong Aries or Scorpio with same placement 99% would be the abusive, controlling one.
Psychology sometimes comes handy on matters like these ;)

Damo Mayo

Here you go...

Attachments

• birth chart.png
    birth chart.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 27
Damo Mayo said:
Here you go...

an extract from cafeastrology...

Mars in Virgo
These productive and busy people are goal-oriented, practical people. Although they can be a little scattered at times, simply because they are doing so many things at any give time, Mars in Virgo natives get things done—quite well! They have a knack for handling a wide variety of tasks at once, and a tendency to take on perhaps too much at the same time.
Most Mars in Virgo natives are not particularly aggressive by nature. Although they can be a little hard-nosed and critical at times, they rarely resort to pushing others around. Still, an annoyed Mars in Virgo native can be difficult to be around! Arouse their anger and they turn into complaining, over-critical nags. Generally, these natives don't make themselves nuisances, so this stage is unlikely to last for very long. It is a sensitive position, however. It doesn't take much to make these people nervous.

http://cafeastrology.com/articles/marsinsigns.html

Nobody knows your chart better than you, so why don't you say which you feel is the agressor? Virgo can be rather nit picking and sometimes pay 'too much' attention to small details and forget to look at the broader bigger picture.;)

Lissa

No wonder you atract such argumentative,explosive relationships.And your argumentative side must go against your usual sensitive,cheery nature(Sun conjunct Jupiter in Cancer in the5th...plus a lovely Taurus Moon making a sextile to it).I think you need to start working on these energies from within,so you don't atract them from without.Instead of being possessive in love,try releasing all that martian/plutonian energy in a more constructive way-your Mars in Virgo is very close to the 6th,where Mars finds it's joy and also Virgo's natural home,so you could probably put all that energy into humanitarian tasks or volunteering.Also with a combination of Venus in Leo and Pluto in the 7th there may be a tendency to want to 'own' your partners...however you'll just atract more agressiveness when you try to control your loved ones.The key here seems to have something to do with forming meaningful,deep bonds with people who can be deeply loyal and devoted to you,and you will have to battle a lot to find someone who can handle your intensity.Once you've found the right partner-someone who is energic,trustworthy,devoted and loyal-I am sure it will get easier...

Damo Mayo

Thanks everyone. It really is very nice that so many people have taken so much time to give such detailed and helpful responses.