Moon in Taurus

poshslob

What interesting things can be said of Moon in Taurus?

What are the positives and negatives of this placement?

Violent death or extreme sickness? Thankfully this is not a close conjunction. Your Moon must be at least 50' from Algol. My ex has her Part of Fortune on Algol = Poverty, seems right with her.

How do Robson's interpretations sit with you? I don't think it's very nice to make such negative predictions of another person. I have read some disturbing things he has written about myself and my loved ones. There is something in it though. I suppose I like to believe the good stuff but question the bad stuff.

I believe more research has been done on the stars but I haven't bought any of the new books. I have just read what I can find on the net. Anyway, medicine has come a long way since Robson wrote his interpretations. Do you mind sharing you thoughts about Algol, your health. Do you have a connection with the suffering of others in relation to Algol - like events (catastrophes, etc) ?

poshslob

To my knowledge, I've never read Robson's interpretation. What does it say?

I've read somewhere that Algol conjunct Moon and Jupiter are not that bad. That being said, I've been strangled twice and I have buldging cervical discs.

poshslob

Thanks for the links... I did read Robson's interpretations before, I just didn't realize it.

It was him who said "If at the same time in conjunction with Sun, Moon or Jupiter, gives victory over others in war."

poshslob

I relate to the Medusa myth alot... I read the myth on this wonderful site about a year ago, now I can't find it.

Famous people with Moon conjunct Algol: Moon: Mick Jagger, rock star; John Calvin, religious reformer; Werner Von Braun, rocket scientist;

Last edited:

Night Sky

Taurus moon is probably the BEST moon placement.

Should make for stable emotional life, wealth, easy temperament...

How does my interpretation sound to you?

poshslob

Night Sky said:
Taurus moon is probably the BEST moon placement.

Should make for stable emotional life, wealth, easy temperament...

How does my interpretation sound to you?

That interpretation sounds really good!!

Even though some parts of Algol are true, I don't want an evil star to define my emotional outlook. I'm much more than that!

nejispirit

poshslob said:
What interesting things can be said of Moon in Taurus?

What are the positives and negatives of this placement?

Yeah, I'd have to agree that having the moon in Taurus *is* the best way to have it; I do not have it personally but I know three people in my life who have it:

1) Leo/Cappy rising/Taurus moon; She and I have been best friends since we were 11 (we are both 23 now), now she is living her dream in Japan as an English teaching assistant working up to become a verbal translator- she met her Japanese boyfriend a couple of years ago who used to be her highschool penpal and they fell in love.
2) Sag/Cappy rising/Taurus moon; Online friend who mine who have known for years and years on Fruits Basket rps on livejournal- she is extremely intelligent, witty, sharp, funny- succesful at getting things done in her life.
3) Scorpio/Libra rising/Taurus moon; Right now he is having a bit of a struggle in her love life but she is witty, sharp, funny- very good at her studies of Japanese (also an online friend of mine I met through an astrology community on livejournal)

Anyway, it's a great position and helps people to plow through rough times in their life- only bad thing, I have read about this, is that at times it can contribute to someone staying in a bad love relationship. This is true for my Scorpio online friend, but she is discovering that she needs to get out of it and is starting to do so.

Shadowflash

Poshslob, I saw your Moon in Taurus thread and thought I'd offer my experience of it; it's a pretty specific one and probably not so generally-applicable, but who knows, thought it might be helpful. THEN I see Algol come into the picture, taking note it's in Taurus also; so I checked out that link jamiescott provided...and I'm finding out more than I maybe want to. LOL.

Okay; here we go. Fixed Grand Cross on my Angles, loosely on two and tightly on the others. 1) Taurus Moon is at 10, not quite conjunct 28 Aries MC; 2) Chiron conjunct Lilith at 7/8 Aquarius, conj. 10 Aquarius Desc.; 3) Neptune at 01 Scorpio conjunct 28 Libra IC; and Uranus conjunct Ascendant at 6/10 Leo. Poshslob, the general tone of positive Taurus Moon qualities have been well mentioned by others; patience, perseverance, groundedness, balance...some negatives can be stubbornness, inflexibility, material obsession, stodginess... Another thing I understand about this placement is that its emotional needs for nurturance are wired toward earthly and/or material security in general. Depending on soul age and soulgrowth intentions for that life (my beliefs include these ideas), in order to feel emotionally, naturally secure and safe and *okay,* there needs to be either a certain measure of *stuff* we love around us, *things* representing either *how much we HAVE* and/or holding precious memories; or at the very least we must feel a clear connection with nature and its cycles, or Earth's beauty, in a way that makes us feel grounded and at ease overall. Taurus being ruled by Venus says that any *beauty* of a tangible, touchable or *solid, Earthy* (Taurus) nature nurtures our emotional, sensitive self. Having my Taurus Moon in the tenth (at least a safe distance from my 29 Taurus South Node! :eek:), and being the only personal planet in this Fixed Cross with three impersonal planetary bodies/growth catalysts has felt to me like my whole emotional being has been on some kind of dissecting table or *You Will Now Surrender* altar all my life. :rolleyes: Nothing that my personality or ego or basic-default Self naturally needs emotionally has ever been there; and while I don't "do Victim" mentality and know, as per my beliefs, that I chose this placement to force certain growth issues of releasing attachments to those needs from other lives...it's been, well, intense. :D So I think you were probably seeking simpler, more general input; but thought it might also give you an interesting example of what can go on within a Taurus Moon experience when its energy is challenged by hard aspects from Uranus, Neptune and Chiron/Lilith. I can elaborate on each of these if you like, but will wait to see if there's interest...

Right; and then, like I said, I looked at the Algol link...and hey, I said I don't do victim, right? LOL. What can I say; my Sun's at 24 Scorpio, so seeing Algol there directly Opposite...and Mercury at 27 not far...NN at 29...I think Having a Moment over that is understandable. Does having it trine natal Jupiter at 26 Virgo count for anything redemptive, I wonder?

Anyway, FWIW... :)

poshslob

Thanks Shadowflash,

I would love to hear your experiences with Moon in Taurus hard aspects.

I forgot but I have South Node conjunct Algol too at 28 Taurus. Possibly Mars too at 21 Taurus.

Night Sky

charmvirgo said:
Those people that I personally know with Moon in Taurus are very emotionally attached to their physical comforts and they like physical relaxation, sometimes being lazy. Their find solace in eating large quantities of fatty and/or sweet foods. Their reactions are generally slow and they move slowly.

That's not very flattering.;)

Summery Joy

charmvirgo said:
Those people that I personally know with Moon in Taurus are very emotionally attached to their physical comforts and they like physical relaxation, sometimes being lazy. Their find solace in eating large quantities of fatty and/or sweet foods. Their reactions are generally slow and they move slowly.
Not always true. I have the Moon in Taurus and I am nothing like that. Besides, eating large quantities of food seem like a result of Jupiter aspecting the Moon, and not merely the Moon sign.

The Moon rules instincts and the inner self. It rules what one will pursue for comfort and how they will choose to sooth their pains.

The Moon in Taurus is very warm and sensual. Maybe that's why some food or or physical comforts may seem important. But it's not that. It' sensuality they seek. As an earth yin sign, Taurus seeks security through material objects as well, but the rest of the chart decides how attached they are to those material object. I have the Sun (among a stellium) in Leo and Gemini rising. I most definitely don't care about material objects, even though Leo is a pretty showy sign.

As a fixed sign, Taurus makes the Moon quite patent and supportive. That's the bright side. The problem is that the Moon in Taurus is very emotionally stubborn. The Moon in Taurus also hates change and finds it very hard to get started on new ventures. As an yin fixed sign, Taurus makes the Moon very private and hates it when people interfere in their business uninvited. That degree of that depend on the house placement of the Moon.

A rule of thumb is that one sign's negative qualities are similar to the general ones of it opposite sign. So if you wanna know how Taurus Moon will react when upset of negative triggered, think Scorpio. On its negative sides, Taurus Moon can very obsessive, very jealous and revenge seeking. Luckily, Taurus really hates all those qualities so Taurus Moon natives don't stay like this for too long. The ones that do, however, are very likely to get quite depressed. They should be careful because depression is a tendency of yin signs.

That's all I can think of right now. Not all of it will apply to all Taurus Moon natives though because the rest of the chart make each one different. I hope I have helped though.

aquarius7000

My reading of Moon in Taurus, based on two people I know, and one of them is my brother, is that they are, as Charm noted, quite attached to physical comforts with a keen eye for beauty (though beauty is subjective); in fact, there are a handful of people I know with Moon in Taurus, for whom I can really generalise this; only the first two (my ex boyfriend & my brother) I know like the back of my hand. Both also have very classy tastes- for eg in dressing up, stuff they buy for home etc, like good food with focus on quality than quantity. Also, both, in fact all the 4 I know with Moon in Taurus, are very gentle and soft-spoken. I almost missed a bit of ruggedness in my ex boyfriend, if I'm honest;).

My thruppence
:)aquarius7000

poshslob

Thanks everyone for your replies....very informative!!

I would like to add a question....

Why is the Moon exalted in Taurus? What is it about Taurus that makes it exalt the Moon?

woolgatherer

I think part of the reason that the Moon is happy in Taurus is that it's a calm, steady place for it to be... It's also a pretty warm sign I would say. I have that placement myself.