Interpret my midpoints

gilly1111

Hi everybody,
I have been looking at and learning Midpoints, yet i have not come across anything that may help a natal reading. I have Midpoint, Mars, Pluto at at exactly 2 degrees Libra.

Can somebody help me understand what this means?
Many thanks

HoldOrFold

Re: Midpoint Interpretations on natal chart - Sun/Moon Midpoint, Mars, Pluto 2 Libra

Midpoints are activated when a planet is in hard aspect to that midpoint. So if you have any natal planet at around 2 degrees Aries, Cancer, Libra or Capricorn then it's activating that midpoint.

gilly1111

ah ok. so even though i have natal mars and moon at same degree and mid point moon and mars , it is only the transit of another planet and the focus of that planet that affects the midpoint.
so for example i have jupiter passing 2 libra. This will affect natal mars and pluto. then if will affect jupiter = sun/moon. I cannot put the whole thing together it needs to be interpreted as 2 different aspects. Have i got that right?

Many thanks for the reply by the way.

rahu

Banned
a simple way to conceptualize midpoints is to interpret then as a conjunction of the two symbols involve. midpoints have a strength of their own and are not dependent on transits of other planets. For instance a Venus/mars midpoint conjunct the sun will make the native a extremely romantic and loving person. here the affect would be similar to a stellium of mars/venus and the sun.
rahu

Last edited:

katydid

If you want to learn how to interpret your midpoints, find a used copy of a TREMENDOUS book, by Reinhold Ebertin:

The Combination of Stellar Influences.

He lists all of the possible midpoints and the interpretations of the house ,sign and placements of 3rd pants at that midpoint.

gilly1111

Hmmmm

I have so much happening with my stellium I really cannot understand the energies involved or what purpose or lessons i need to evolve. This is why i turned to looking at midpoints to understand maybe more about relationships. I have Uranus in opposition and been knocked on my knees so to speak which leads me to astrology to understand the blueprint and more apparent choices that i need to make. I have a 9th house stellium starting with moon and ending with Uranus. Uranus is 2 degrees from MC at 20 degrees Libra. most midpoints are in the 9th so its not really going to help much is it? How can one glean such information when there is a stellium as all explanations for each planet seem the same. I cannot distinguish differences other than personality, act, communication etc....everything seems same. Am i missing something? Should i be associating planets in my natal to the ruler of the house it rules and if so, how does this react with the sign it is placed.....i think there is a gap in my learning here Rahu.

Planet Position
Sun 12 Lib 21' 35" 9th
Moon 21 Vir 38' 43" 9th
Mercury 23 Lib 47' 52" 10th
Venus 00 Vir 11' 17" 8th
Mars 02 Lib 56' 10" 9th
Jupiter 01 Cap 02' 17" 1st
Saturn 20 Gem 35' 27" R 7th
Uranus 18 Lib 17' 59" 9th
Neptune 03 Sag 12' 21" 12th
Pluto 02 Lib 18' 21" 9th
Chiron 15 Ari 12' 23" R 3rd

True Node 22 Cap 41' 48" R
Ascendant 15 Sag 44' 59"

rahu

Banned
Hmmmm

I have so much happening with my stellium I really cannot understand the energies involved or what purpose or lessons i need to evolve. This is why i turned to looking at midpoints to understand maybe more about relationships. I have Uranus in opposition and been knocked on my knees so to speak which leads me to astrology to understand the blueprint and more apparent choices that i need to make. I have a 9th house stellium starting with moon and ending with Uranus. Uranus is 2 degrees from MC at 20 degrees Libra. most midpoints are in the 9th so its not really going to help much is it? How can one glean such information when there is a stellium as all explanations for each planet seem the same. I cannot distinguish differences other than personality, act, communication etc....everything seems same. Am i missing something? Should i be associating planets in my natal to the ruler of the house it rules and if so, how does this react with the sign it is placed.....i think there is a gap in my learning here Rahu.

Planet Position
Sun 12 Lib 21' 35" 9th
Moon 21 Vir 38' 43" 9th
Mercury 23 Lib 47' 52" 10th
Venus 00 Vir 11' 17" 8th
Mars 02 Lib 56' 10" 9th
Jupiter 01 Cap 02' 17" 1st
Saturn 20 Gem 35' 27" R 7th
Uranus 18 Lib 17' 59" 9th
Neptune 03 Sag 12' 21" 12th
Pluto 02 Lib 18' 21" 9th
Chiron 15 Ari 12' 23" R 3rd

True Node 22 Cap 41' 48" R
Ascendant 15 Sag 44' 59"

if you want any assistsance you need post a chart ,preferably from astro.com

rahu

gilly1111

chart.cgi

Hope it works

gilly1111

If you want to learn how to interpret your midpoints, find a used copy of a TREMENDOUS book, by Reinhold Ebertin:

The Combination of Stellar Influences.

He lists all of the possible midpoints and the interpretations of the house ,sign and placements of 3rd pants at that midpoint.
i will look into this. Thanks for the advise.

rahu

Banned
stellar influences is the classic midpoint book. but it was written early in the 20th century so one must have a working knowledge of astrology to adequately translate a few of his interrelations to modern perspective. but it is the best work ever published and it's age does not detract its overall importance.

i'll look at your chart later in this afternoon

rahu

gilly1111

Thanks Rahu,
Left dubai nearly 2 years ago exactly when uranus conj. not worked since and have been seriously questioning my HR and Training Consultancy Career. I think i am doing something wrong which is why i crashed and burned (home, money, company, girlfriend all gone :) )but in August last year i awoken and now am in touch with my spititual essence. so its all a blessing but still a lot of fog.
Many thanks.